AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-03, 11:13   Link #1
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Looking for anime with a bad-ass melee type

Looking for an anime with bad -ass hand to hand combat guys who just absolutely dominate in terms of strenght in the show

My best two examples of people who I feel fit this genre 150% are the teacher from F/S Night

and then Seta-san from Love Hina

They both are characters who show supreme martial arts throughout the show, and just generally kick ass.

let me know of any ideas
Old 2010-11-03, 12:11   Link #2
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

There's Claire and Lad Russo in Baccano! and Shizuo in Durarara!! (although Shizuo operates more on raw strength than skill)

There's also Spike from Cowboy Beebop.

Oh and Kurenai.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-11-03 at 16:32.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:14   Link #3
jedinat
フリーター

Shura no Toki
Old 2010-11-03, 12:16   Link #4
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

With hand-hand fighting:
  • Kure-nai - protagonist fights with his hands and all. He isn't the best or invincible though. Not that much action, but the story and characters are memorable to say the least.
  • Canaan - some gun fights and hand-to-hand. Amazing animation. Darker than Black - protagonist kicks major ass. Uses some weapons but for the most part he kicks ass close range. Have fun getting your head around that the story.
With other methods/wider variety of attacks:
  • Black Lagoon might interest you, it has awesome action, sometimes melee and sometimes not.
  • Blood+ & Blood: The Last Vampire in both the heroine uses samurai sword. Last Vampire is the movie prequel but they can be watched in any order.
  • Claymore - Great sword action all around.
  • Ga-Rei: Zero - samurai sword for close range and guns for long. Amazing story.
  • Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - assassins who use a variety of means to attack. Another phenomenal story. An overlooked great.
  • Seirei no Moribito - swords, spears and the like. Action and story make it a must.
  • Sword of the Stranger - friggin awesome samurai action. The animation is out of this world too. They don't spare you from any gore that may come from getting attacked.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:46   Link #5
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Baki the Grappler
Old 2010-11-03, 13:52   Link #6
Angelic
Feel the Beat

im not looking for the character to be the MAIN char

I want this character to be the person that faces the main and makes him realize that there is somebody absolutely stronger without a doubt and has no chance
Old 2010-11-03, 14:07   Link #7
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post

I want this character to be the person that faces the main and makes him realize that there is somebody absolutely stronger without a doubt and has no chance
Then Baki the Grappler it is.
Old 2010-11-03, 16:09   Link #8
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:

Katanagatari then, and I am not talking about the main character being the one you described, though he is very strong in hand combat. So to avoid spoilers I'll just say you'll find out though once you watch a certain episode .
Old 2010-11-03, 16:29   Link #9
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

Yeah, we have spoiler tags for a reason...

Anyway, I also recommend Casshern Sins.
Old 2010-11-03, 16:35   Link #10
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I would say it falls under your category from what I understand from your request anyway.
Kurokami

Plot Summary: In this world, there are three identical looking people in existence who split between them an energy-like force called “Terra.” This energy can be attributed to the amount of “Luck” or “Life Energy” that an individual possesses. There also exists beings who observe the human world, maintaining the balance of Terra, known as the “Coexistence Equilibrium.” These beings possess ability that surpass that of a normal human being and reside in hiding in places known as the “Pure Place” in tribes. They are called the Terra Guardians. This is a tale of battle that begins with a chance meeting between a human boy named Keita and a young Tera Guardian girl named Kuro.

There many pretty good fighting scenes
Old 2010-11-03, 18:09   Link #11
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I second evil's recommendation. I'm currently watching Kurokami, and the main antagonist for the first half of the series is un-defeat-able by standard means.
Old 2010-11-04, 00:21   Link #12
Angelic
Feel the Beat

so far kure-nai and kuro kami are both things I haven't watched and plan to watch, thanks !
Old 2010-11-04, 02:20   Link #13
barcode120x
NS

Would To Aru Majutsu no Index fit under this category of epic hand-to-hand combat skills?

Spoiler for To Aru Majutsu no Index:
Old 2010-11-04, 07:45   Link #14
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Would To Aru Majutsu no Index fit under this category of epic hand-to-hand combat skills?

Spoiler for To Aru Majutsu no Index:
Imagine Breaker.

There is some pretty good action in that series with a decent plot so I would say it's worth checking into to.
Old 2010-11-04, 13:26   Link #15
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^I disagree. There's absolutely no skill with Touma, and to be honest, it's rather unrealistic. And I don't mean the magic and whatever that the show has, but the fact that he's able to beat all those badass characters in the series with just punching them once or twice in the face ... As if those characters were really fragile and relied only on their power ...

Anyhow if you read what he said in his second post, he was actually looking for a character that is unbeatable and an enemy of the MAIN character .... Though really, why didn't he write that from the start is beyond me.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:09   Link #16
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Imagine Breaker.

There is some pretty good action in that series with a decent plot so I would say it's worth checking into to.
"Hey look at me, I'm average teenager Touma, a dork who cancels out your powers, no matter what they are or how bad-ass you may be."

That sounds like 180 degrees around of what the op wants.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:53   Link #17
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
"Hey look at me, I'm average teenager Touma, a dork who cancels out your powers, no matter what they are or how bad-ass you may be."

Doesn't matter. It was brought up and I said it was worth looking into for general viewing - nothing wrong with that.
Old 2010-11-04, 16:00   Link #18
barcode120x
NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post

He did want a "bad ass" character. Whether or not the character is mud kip that does an atomic bomb fist punch or is a teacher that can hand to hand combat and win against someone with dual swords/daggers (teacher from Fate/Stay night), bad ass is still bad ass.
Old 2010-11-04, 18:51   Link #19
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
He did want a "bad ass" character. Whether or not the character is mud kip that does an atomic bomb fist punch or is a teacher that can hand to hand combat and win against someone with dual swords/daggers (teacher from Fate/Stay night), bad ass is still bad ass.
And he also said

Quote:

Closed Thread