AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 31 39.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 29.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-04, 19:16   Link #61
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
Keima knows how to get on anybody's bad side . The good news is, he's also smart enough to get out of it....I think
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 21:20   Link #62
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
This episode was pretty hilarious between the nazi parody and the first set of interactions between Kanon and them. Elsie trying to look like Kanon with the ribbon in her hair was cute . Though I am interesting to see how Keima tries to go about "capturing" her since he seems to think her singing for him is a trap.
Keima's "Fuhrer" parody was really creepy
Elsie is even cuter with that bow in her hair... she should continue wearing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also I am kind of a bit surprised that Kanon's VA [Nao Toyama] manage to sing so well for the insert songs and ED considering this is one of her first roles it seems, and all of them sounded pretty good as well as Kanon's voice.
Yes, I found her insert songs pretty good as well
Especially so since she's new to this.

The episode had still lots of other great content, like Kanon punishing Keima for ignoring her (yes, "perfectly safe" XD ), or Keima's new lesson...

I found Kanon very cute and likeable overall, may favourite so far
Current ranking of "loose soul girls":
1. Kanon
2. Ayumi
3. Mio (not too fond of loli )

End of episode was very surprising... Kanon disappeared into thin air!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
GIFs time => kanon =>
http://sadpanda.us/images/267047-INZTCNP.gif <= KIRA BOSHI pose?

overall, an excellent episode!
Looked more like the Sailor Moon "In the name of the moon, I'll punish you" pose

Overall indeed an excellent episode! 10/10
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 22:08   Link #63
Zekori
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh~ Ah~ Ah~
Again with the "It isn't the real world, so anything can happen" statement.
Technically "it isn't the real world, thus anything can happen" is entirely true to this series (especially concerning a comedy series with fantasy elements), and nearly all works of literature from all types of genres. I mean, in the context of the series we're dealing with almost shut-in protagonist with more personal issues than the characters he's dealing to help which may I add are women who have been possessed by evil spirits escaped from hell for "whatever" nefarious purposes while being assisted by a devil which formed a pact with him through a e-mail through a video game console for the sole purpose to remove the spirits via making them fall in love with him. If you want, or rather feel the need to apply logic in a series very much playing with a genre itself then the only explanation for this story to be logically explained realistically is if Keima is on a major acid trip in his refusal of accepting reality.

No story can ever be realistic in terms of the logic of reality because the story is written by an author who (usually) dictates the flow of events through a story frame to usually move the plot. If the story was about a delusional Japanese shut-in escaping from reality on a drug-induced mind trip believing he must romance women while being assisted by the forces of hell to save earth but interfere with his ultimate inner struggle of playing/not being to play video games it'd have less of a touch than simply a story that parodies itself, its characters, and its genre and suspension of belief for comedic value to its intended audiences and other viewers.

That said , (in general) I personally didn't have any problems with this episode or the series itself thus far. I'm just glad it's true to its source materials while providing continuity nods to events in the manga (as mentioned in the topic, about Elsee's actions in the first half which was not present in the anime) and not turning into senseless "anime-original"/filler story material which isn't present within the original story or have any significance (Hot springs Episode, Beach Episode, School Vacation Episode!) or removing parts of the original story (like Berserk to a degree, or most series that go from novel/light novel to Anime).
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 22:15   Link #64
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh~ Ah~ Ah~
Again with the "It isn't the real world, so anything can happen" statement.
Well, I don't feel like repeating last week, so here's a post to read instead:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...57#post3324357
(Beware of spoilers from Toaru Majutsu no Index anime thread)

Forget how to breathe, sure. Haha... Even the idea that someone so protective of his games and system (and the characters inside) going out of his way to put them in danger would make more sense.
Oh, and yeah, I'm plenty serious.
I think you completely misread Keima's character. Keima is not protective of the PFP console or the game cartridge itself. He is afraid/ angry of the stun gun because the stun gun eliminate the saves of the game. Keima has tens of PFP so losing a couple is not a big deal of him.

Also Keima cares about the heroine in the game, not the game cartridge.

The real world correlation would be someone who cannot live without a computer is not really protective of the computer hardware, but what the person can do with the computer (online, gaming....etc). So you see someone who is addicted to the computer will eat and drink in front of their computer making their screen and keyboard dirty.
__________________
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for Toro (bluefin tuna) sushi,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sushi.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 22:42   Link #65
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh~ Ah~ Ah~
Again with the "It isn't the real world, so anything can happen" statement.
Well, I don't feel like repeating last week, so here's a post to read instead:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...57#post3324357
(Beware of spoilers from Toaru Majutsu no Index anime thread)

Forget how to breathe, sure. Haha... Even the idea that someone so protective of his games and system (and the characters inside) going out of his way to put them in danger would make more sense.
Oh, and yeah, I'm plenty serious.
How about you actually read and try to comprehend what I post instead of skimming it to take things out of context. By "real world", I don't imply that "The World God Only Knows" is a fictional setting and thus "anything can happen". Quite to the contrary, I base it on Keima's quite realistic, if abnormal, motivations. I mean that he doesn't see the "reality" of his existence—Maijima High School, family, Elsie—as his world. His is the world of games, and he is its god.

Do you think that when Michael Jordan in his prime went for a wide open breakaway dunk, that the thought of missing it even entered his head? Do you think that when Tiger Woods cleans up a two-inch putt, the thought that he might miss even occurs to him? How many times a day do you see someone do something with a fair percentage of danger or failure (like, say, running a red light) with nary a thought for the consequences? Similarly, when Keima walks into the bath with his PFP, the thought that he could possibly drop it into the water doesn't even register to him. He's the Capturing God. Such a possibility is beneath him. He's not "going out of his way to put his games and system in danger", he's just long ago dismissed the possibility of it happening.

You treat this like a plot hole, when it's actually an example of the author's skill at making realistic, flawed characters. People make decisions based not upon fact or reality, but upon their perceptions. Keima doesn't perceive it as possible that he could drop his PFP in the bath, so he figures "Why waste that time not gaming?" and takes it in there without hesitation.

Do you understand now? I don't know if I can make it any clearer...
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 00:24   Link #66
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I think you completely misread Keima's character. Keima is not protective of the PFP console or the game cartridge itself. He is afraid/ angry of the stun gun because the stun gun eliminate the saves of the game. Keima has tens of PFP so losing a couple is not a big deal of him.

Also Keima cares about the heroine in the game, not the game cartridge.

The real world correlation would be someone who cannot live without a computer is not really protective of the computer hardware, but what the person can do with the computer (online, gaming....etc). So you see someone who is addicted to the computer will eat and drink in front of their computer making their screen and keyboard dirty.
I know he cares about the heroines in the game, not the rest.
But if the game cartridge becomes unusable, then it is the same as the heroine dying, or perhaps, not "rescue-able".

Unless, a cartridge being dunked in bathing water (and whatever was used) does not affect it whatsoever... In that case, I would take back my statement...
Know the answer to it? I'm most certainly not trying myself though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
How about you actually read and try to comprehend what I post instead of skimming it to take things out of context. By "real world", I don't imply that "The World God Only Knows" is a fictional setting and thus "anything can happen". Quite to the contrary, I base it on Keima's quite realistic, if abnormal, motivations. I mean that he doesn't see the "reality" of his existence—Maijima High School, family, Elsie—as his world. His is the world of games, and he is its god.

Do you think that when Michael Jordan in his prime went for a wide open breakaway dunk, that the thought of missing it even entered his head? Do you think that when Tiger Woods cleans up a two-inch putt, the thought that he might miss even occurs to him? How many times a day do you see someone do something with a fair percentage of danger or failure (like, say, running a red light) with nary a thought for the consequences? Similarly, when Keima walks into the bath with his PFP, the thought that he could possibly drop it into the water doesn't even register to him. He's the Capturing God. Such a possibility is beneath him. He's not "going out of his way to put his games and system in danger", he's just long ago dismissed the possibility of it happening.

You treat this like a plot hole, when it's actually an example of the author's skill at making realistic, flawed characters. People make decisions based not upon fact or reality, but upon their perceptions. Keima doesn't perceive it as possible that he could drop his PFP in the bath, so he figures "Why waste that time not gaming?" and takes it in there without hesitation.

Do you understand now? I don't know if I can make it any clearer...
Heh~ If you are spying on me, then maybe you can indeed say that I only skimmed your paper without trying to read and understand it.

........Do I think? Yes.
Are you trying to say they don't think it? You, someone unrelated to them and have no special ability to read their minds, is trying to tell me what they supposedly think or do not think?

But a person's perception makes a person's reality and facts, no?

I know what you are saying, yes.
Do I agree? No.
Apparently you see his actions as logical for his character. I don't.
How did it go... Mmm? The amount of suspension of disbelief you are willing to allow for a story? Something like that... *shrug*

I guess maybe this is something that can be wrapped up as "Let's agree to disagree."?
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-11-05 at 01:08. Reason: Edit for post below; but found there is no point, so rewind back
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 00:29   Link #67
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
*oh snap*
I was about to say something since such a small detail was becoming blown up to be a big plothole (again), but holy crap, I couldn't have it said it any better than that.
So on to the Ep impressions.

Once again, Keima's lessons are excellently portrayed; I missed the SIEG HEIL and NEW WORLD moments the first time I read it, but this time I really enjoyed them. I got to hand it to him, he really knows how to give the cold shoulder.

As for Kanon? She's doing pretty okay. I heard she's a newer VA, but I haven't gone and checked that out yet. I never really liked the thought of Kanon having pink hair. Yes I know, it's been like that since the beginning; but in the black and white panels, I always imagined green to be a better color (don't ask me why, I don't know either).
Unfortunately, the insert songs were kinda grating. That 5 min.(?) montage dragged on for a moment there. "All 4 You" was okay though. Also some spastic animation in the dance movements, but that's sort of a common anime trait anyway.

p...p....p-p-p CLIFFHANGER!
So where the heck did she go? Anybody?
/already knows

Quote:
........Do I think? Yes.
Are you trying to say they don't think it? You, someone unrelated to them and have no special ability to read their minds, is trying to tell me what they supposedly think or do not think?

But a person's perception makes a person's reality and facts, no?

I know what you are saying, yes.
Do I agree? No.
Apparently you see his actions as logical for his character. I don't.
How did it go... Mmm? The amount of suspension of disbelief you are willing to allow for a story? Something like that... *shrug*

I guess maybe this is something that can be wrapped up as "Let's agree to disagree."?
Somebody bothers to address your over-exaggerated claim about a tiny detail, and you respond with this?
Oh wow, get off your high horse for a second. Agree to disagree, but don't act like an arrogant prick.
What is this, /a/?

At least he put a lot of thought into what he said; a proper analysis into characterization and human thinking through careful observation.
Where as you take something that's so not a big deal, and regard it as some sort of infallible inconsistency, then proceed to treat others opinion as trash. If anyone's trying to act like they can read minds it's you, right up there, IN BOLD.

Keima's character is pretty clear in who he is, and a much more interesting MC than most. Up to now, everything he says and does is all about the galges; how can you even question his dedication to them? That's what all of Episode was trying to spell out to you. Playing games in the bathtub says to me, "wow, he's really into them" more than "oh he doesn't care for his games."
At least he didn't become a bad DBZ parody from an out-of-nowhere magic belt, or a complete tool to his little sister.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-11-05 at 01:13.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 00:46   Link #68
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
As for Kanon? She's doing pretty okay. I heard she's a newer VA, but I haven't gone and checked that out yet.
It seems to be "Touyama Nao"
This is her JP wiki article:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%...A5%88%E5%A4%AE
As you can see, very... new indeed.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 01:36   Link #69
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I know he cares about the heroines in the game, not the rest.
But if the game cartridge becomes unusable, then it is the same as the heroine dying, or perhaps, not "rescue-able".

Unless, a cartridge being dunked in bathing water (and whatever was used) does not affect it whatsoever... In that case, I would take back my statement...
Know the answer to it? I'm most certainly not trying myself though.


How? I totally don't see how you come up the logic that if the console/cartridge is damaged then the heroine dies.

If he dropped the cartridge in the water, then he will just buy another one. It is still the same heroine.
__________________
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for Toro (bluefin tuna) sushi,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sushi.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 01:46   Link #70
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
@KROMEangel's most recent post's second half

I know I shouldn't either bother, but I just have to say this:
(;;;;; O_o) What the heck are you saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
How? I totally don't see how you come up the logic that if the console/cartridge is damaged then the heroine dies.

If he dropped the cartridge in the water, then he will just buy another one. It is still the same heroine.
The same...?! ( O_O)?!
Mmm... It's one of the more... "maniac" type of thought-processes. Since he is supposed to be so "loyal" to these girls, I feel he is the type that treats every girl in a game to be a separate entity.
I guess a easier, more understandable comparison would be Pokemon (game). You create two Pokemon (let's say two Pikachu). Both Pikachu have the same moves and all, but you feel they aren't the same.

.............Even if you want me to explain it, it only makes less sense as I try... *sweatdrop*
I guess you can use "parallel words" as an example instead? Two same people, but two different worlds (cartridges) and thus two different people...?
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-11-05 at 02:00.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:03   Link #71
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The same...?! ( O_O)?!
Mmm... It's one of the more... "maniac" type of thought-processes. Since he is supposed to be so "loyal" to these girls, I feel he is the type that treats every girl in a game to be a separate entity.
I guess a easier, more understandable comparison would be Pokemon (game). You create two Pokemon (let's say two Pikachu). Both Pikachu have the same moves and all, but you feel they aren't the same.

.............Even if you want me to explain it, it only makes less sense as I try... *sweatdrop*
I guess you can use "parallel words" as an example instead? Two same people, but two different worlds (cartridges) and thus two different people...?
So you are saying he should buy all the available cartridge OF THE SAME GAME (tens and thousands of copies) and use the same route to beat them? And that would make the story realistic?

Did it ever suggest in the anime or manga about your outrageous theory or is it just inside your head?
__________________
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for Toro (bluefin tuna) sushi,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sushi.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:09   Link #72
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
So you are saying he should buy all the available cartridge OF THE SAME GAME (tens and thousands of copies) and use the same route to beat them? And that would make the story realistic?

Did it ever suggest in the anime or manga about your outrageous theory or is it just inside your head?
Not saying that at all.
Just that I think someone as devoted to his girls would treat each girl as a "separate being" and not consider them replaceable like that.
You're trying to twist what I'm saying.

It isn't outrageous.
There is no need for it to be suggested. Then you would be telling a book to always outline the logic of all human actions done.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:18   Link #73
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Not saying that at all.
Just that I think someone as devoted to his girls would treat each girl as a "separate being" and not consider them replaceable like that.
You're trying to twist what I'm saying.

It isn't outrageous.
There is no need for it to be suggested. Then you would be telling a book to always outline the logic of all human actions done.
Good that you use the word "you think". I am telling you that your interpretation is wrong.

OK. I guess the discussion is over if you put it this way. You know that it is OK for you to not like Keima or even TWGOK without coming up with such.............I couldn't find another word except outrageous - excuse.

Keima is devoted, but he isn't mentally insane, you know.
__________________
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for Toro (bluefin tuna) sushi,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sushi.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:23   Link #74
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Good that you use the word "you think". I am telling you that your interpretation is wrong.

OK. I guess the discussion is over if you put it this way. You know that it is OK for you to not like Keima or even TWGOK without coming up with such.............I couldn't find another word except outrageous - excuse.

Keima is devoted, but he isn't mentally insane, you know.
There is no need to say "I think" when it is obvious an opinion is something a person thinks of.
And there is no point in saying my opinion is wrong.

What are you saying? I never said I do not like Keima or this anime.
I pointed out one small thing I noticed and thought, and then you and KROMEangel become outraged and start insulting me (the other people like quigonkenny and Zekori did not resort to flaming or posting real nonsense, so I'm not talking about them, by the way).
Now that is what I find outrageous.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:34   Link #75
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The same...?! ( O_O)?!
Mmm... It's one of the more... "maniac" type of thought-processes. Since he is supposed to be so "loyal" to these girls, I feel he is the type that treats every girl in a game to be a separate entity.
I guess a easier, more understandable comparison would be Pokemon (game). You create two Pokemon (let's say two Pikachu). Both Pikachu have the same moves and all, but you feel they aren't the same.
Don't think he thinks like that,maybe manga readers have a better example but look at episode 4.With your logic,when asked if the company that made the game still existed he should have answered "doesn't matter,even if I complain and they fix the bug,that means i'd have to get a new cartrige that has the bugs fixed,but then the girl in this cartrige stil wouldn't be saved"

But he doesn't,he says the company doesn't exist anymore,implying that if it did he'd have no trouble complaining and then abandoning the cartrige he has to get a new one,meaning that to him the girl in the 2 different cartrige are the same
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:44   Link #76
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Don't think he thinks like that,maybe manga readers have a better example but look at episode 4.With your logic,when asked if the company that made the game still existed he should have answered "doesn't matter,even if I complain and they fix the bug,that means i'd have to get a new cartrige that has the bugs fixed,but then the girl in this cartrige stil wouldn't be saved"

But he doesn't,he says the company doesn't exist anymore,implying that if it did he'd have no trouble complaining and then abandoning the cartrige he has to get a new one,meaning that to him the girl in the 2 different cartrige are the same
But isn't it possible to simply patch up a game?
After all, I've seen examples of bugged galge/eroge before, but the company would later release a patch that would fix the bugs in the actual cartridge, not ask you to completely exchange the bugged game for a new, fixed one.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:45   Link #77
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
There is no need to say "I think" when it is obvious an opinion is something a person thinks of.
And there is no point in saying my opinion is wrong.

What are you saying? I never said I do not like Keima or this anime.
I pointed out one small thing I noticed and thought, and then you and KROMEangel become outraged and start insulting me (the other people like quigonkenny and Zekori did not resort to flaming or posting real nonsense, so I'm not talking about them, by the way).
Now that is what I find outrageous.
You are pointing out a plot flaw (character inconsistency) and that is not an opinion, but an analysis which, if you post on open forum, are open to critique. An opinion is something like if you think Keima is cool or not.

I have not even attempted to insult you and why would I be outraged of someone like you? People can believe whatever they want to believe. If you want to believe in your outrageous theory, be my guest. (Is outrageous make you feel uncomfortable? I am willing to change it to ridiculous if you would feel better)
__________________
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for Toro (bluefin tuna) sushi,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sushi.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 03:26   Link #78
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But isn't it possible to simply patch up a game?
After all, I've seen examples of bugged galge/eroge before, but the company would later release a patch that would fix the bugs in the actual cartridge, not ask you to completely exchange the bugged game for a new, fixed one.
I guess that shows that I havn't owned a gaming console since the N64,hell even the episode mentions patches

Though now that I think about it,have you shown any evidence that backs up your view?Sorry if I missed it.

He loves playing games yes,but that is very different from thinking each girl on each cartrige is different.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 03:40   Link #79
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I guess that shows that I havn't owned a gaming console since the N64,hell even the episode mentions patches

Though now that I think about it,have you shown any evidence that backs up your view?Sorry if I missed it.

He loves playing games yes,but that is very different from thinking each girl on each cartrige is different.
Haha, the 3DS is coming out and XBOX360 has that new Kinect stuff.
Maybe it's a good time to start gaming again?

Like, directly said from the show? No.
I assumed it from the fact he treasures his girls a lot and used my thoughts/experience to shape the idea. Pretty normal, right?

Also, like said somewhere before, he doesn't love "playing games", he loves "the girls" in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
You are pointing out a plot flaw (character inconsistency) and that is not an opinion, but an analysis which, if you post on open forum, are open to critique. An opinion is something like if you think Keima is cool or not.

I have not even attempted to insult you and why would I be outraged of someone like you? People can believe whatever they want to believe. If you want to believe in your outrageous theory, be my guest. (Is outrageous make you feel uncomfortable? I am willing to change it to ridiculous if you would feel better)
Yeah... Sure.
If you want to think that, then it surely is. Inside you.
Hai, conversation over. Bye.
Good timing too.
I'm tired over this infinite loop over this topic, so I'll call it a day for this episode. I definitely don't feel like discussing another page on something so insignificant.
Then until the next episode's thread~

Oh...
@totoum
If you want to continue anything, just use the visitor's message thing.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 04:24   Link #80
Zekori
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
What is with today, everytime I post witty something online it turns into a festival of gbs threads going at each other.

Anyways, back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also, like said somewhere before, he doesn't love "playing games", he loves "the girls" in the game.
Pretty much, if there was a game that involved him running on a treadmill and running a 12 mile run within 3 hours to get a girl ending he'd do it I bet.

Spoiler for Manga Tidbits[/spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
He loves playing games yes,but that is very different from thinking each girl on each cartrige is different.
Pretty much, again.

Spoiler for Manga Tidbits II[/spoiler:


By the above idea, elements, and tidbits. There are pretty much two driving forces for Keima when it comes to gaming. The heroines themselves within the game which he'd play anything which comes down to an almost obsession and the content of the game ignoring game play (why else would he play bugged games?).

It's like saying "I'd rather play <X> game with standard typical character archtypes that have <X> amount of growth with worse gameplay than <X> game with standard typical character archtypes that have no growth or character depth but 1000% better game play".

You would find a surprisingly large amount of avid gamers in the western audience at least to my knowledge that would choose the former choice, myself included (Cough, Example: Star Ocean 4, Cough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But isn't it possible to simply patch up a game?
After all, I've seen examples of bugged galge/eroge before, but the company would later release a patch that would fix the bugs in the actual cartridge, not ask you to completely exchange the bugged game for a new, fixed one.
While this applies to computer games, for actual cartridges I remember old SNES/Genesis Era's where the best way was just to take your physical copy and trade it in for a new copy so long as you had a warranty/within return policy. For disc based cartridges like the PSP, its rare to see patches for anything that isn't major that isn't already online (like DLC's); I can count with my finger how a good patch could fix a number of games game play but that simply isn't profitable for the parent company.

Of course, some companies just neglect their flawed products such as in the case of Ar Tonelico 2 and just take a wiz over their consumer base.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.