AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-01, 21:18   Link #4381
going techno
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: north carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Another extra bit you may want to consider is the + quote button.

Not only it allows you to quote multiple posts in one go, but also lets you carry a quote from one tread to another.
thank you very much
__________________
When god gives you lemons find a new god
going techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 21:31   Link #4382
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Wow... I'm amazed at how many people know this stuff...
There's really no reason MORE people shouldn't have a basic understanding of it... blame the failure to implement more science in school? But really, humans have a primitive version of the Borg (ask the hive and it answers), just google/wiki.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 18:50   Link #4383
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Are gif picture files the only files that support transparency? Are there any other kind of image files that support it also?
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 18:58   Link #4384
JRendell
Manga Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Are gif picture files the only files that support transparency? Are there any other kind of image files that support it also?
The other most common file type that supports transparency is .png. .tiff also supports transparency, but is less likely to be used.

Source of info.
__________________
VeritasAnimeList
MangaList
ImgurImages

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-


JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 21:05   Link #4385
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
A question for Korean members...

I been having a weird situation going on recently. Someone from South Korea keeps calling my house but they never say anything on the phone. So I'm trying to figure out who they are. All I have is their house phone number.

I want to know how can I find out their house address. Is there a website (korean or english) that I can do a reverse phone search? Or can I call a place in korea to look up their address?

Thanks for any help. You can PM me if you want.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 00:57   Link #4386
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Thanks ^

I think I asked this before, but I can't find where that was, and google has decided to make me an enemy.
What is an OVA, ONA, and a Movie? What are their differences?
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 06:26   Link #4387
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
To my understand, Movie is a really long one with 1-2 hours, could be showed in the cinema. OVA is often 30 minutes long and is sold as DVD/Blue-say like TV series. While ONA is a really short one (15 minutes or shorter and is often seen as bonus for certain DVD/CD. Someone may have a different idea about that through...

I have a question that really need to help also:
I and my brother computer shared the same same router for internet connection. But my internet is horribly slowed when compare to his. It shocked me how a 12 mb pdf file took me 15 minutes + to load while his took like 5 seconds or so. This is just incredibly annoyed...

I thought it was malware and got a program to scan through them. Spent a whole day but it didn't improve one bit. I also turned off my firewall. Now it's bugging the heck out of me. What should i do now?

Thank for any suggestion
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-11-07 at 06:36.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 09:26   Link #4388
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
To my understand, Movie is a really long one with 1-2 hours, could be showed in the cinema. OVA is often 30 minutes long and is sold as DVD/Blue-say like TV series. While ONA is a really short one (15 minutes or shorter and is often seen as bonus for certain DVD/CD. Someone may have a different idea about that through...
Wait so, if a series has both an ONA and a movie, the ONA came after or before the movie? Like in Time Of Eve, it has a 6 ep ONA with each ep about 15 min long. But there is also a movie...
Quote:
I have a question that really need to help also:
I and my brother computer shared the same same router for internet connection. But my internet is horribly slowed when compare to his. It shocked me how a 12 mb pdf file took me 15 minutes + to load while his took like 5 seconds or so. This is just incredibly annoyed...

I thought it was malware and got a program to scan through them. Spent a whole day but it didn't improve one bit. I also turned off my firewall. Now it's bugging the heck out of me. What should i do now?

Thank for any suggestion
The more people you have on the same connection, the slower it will go. Although for only two connections, that slow seems pretty unreasonable for that argument. Is one using a Cat 5 (internet) cable and one using a wireless connection?
check your wireless card's compatibility with the router, and make sure you have the drivers updated. If that doesn't help, it could be in the router not being able to support two connections.
Also, make sure your connected to the right connection. For all you know, you could be using a neighbor's from down the street with out realizing. That far away will slow it down.
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 12:17   Link #4389
JRendell
Manga Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I have a question that really need to help also:
I and my brother computer shared the same same router for internet connection. But my internet is horribly slowed when compare to his. It shocked me how a 12 mb pdf file took me 15 minutes + to load while his took like 5 seconds or so. This is just incredibly annoyed...

I thought it was malware and got a program to scan through them. Spent a whole day but it didn't improve one bit. I also turned off my firewall. Now it's bugging the heck out of me. What should i do now?

Thank for any suggestion
The problem may not lie with the router or internet connection, but rather the computer(s) you are using. If they are laptops, then your brother's may have a faster wireless card installed. Or, it could be that your wireless card's drivers are in need of updating.

If you have desktops, then rather than wireless cards, your brother may have a faster NIC, or that your NIC's drivers are in need of updating. (NIC = Network Interface Controller)
__________________
VeritasAnimeList
MangaList
ImgurImages

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-


JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:53   Link #4390
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Wait so, if a series has both an ONA and a movie, the ONA came after or before the movie? Like in Time Of Eve, it has a 6 ep ONA with each ep about 15 min long. But there is also a movie...
I think the ONA or Movie does not decide which one comes first, so you may have to check the release date. In the specific case of Time of Eve, the ONAs were released first (July 2008- September 2009) then the Movie (March this year)

If i have to guess, i will say the ONA comes first as well. Because the Movie is expensive to make and to show. SO they have to see the reception through short ONA 1st

Quote:
The more people you have on the same connection, the slower it will go. Although for only two connections, that slow seems pretty unreasonable for that argument. Is one using a Cat 5 (internet) cable and one using a wireless connection?
check your wireless card's compatibility with the router, and make sure you have the drivers updated. If that doesn't help, it could be in the router not being able to support two connections.
Also, make sure your connected to the right connection. For all you know, you could be using a neighbor's from down the street with out realizing. That far away will slow it down.
My computer does not use wireless, so it's probably not that. Friends suggest that maybe we forgot to set off a limit in the router or some sort. Still trying to figure out how now...

PS: i will try to see if i can update Network Interface Controller then, ty there

Edit 1: Updated and is downloading random thinngs, but do not see any sudden changes in speed. Maybe i should try again tomorrow
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-11-07 at 14:18.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 17:01   Link #4391
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I also find that right before a big storm, my connection slows tremendously. And mines connected with a 50 ft cable to a router that's half way across the house.
Protip: Check the weather
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 18:38   Link #4392
JRendell
Manga Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, UK
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to JRendell
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
I also find that right before a big storm, my connection slows tremendously. And mines connected with a 50 ft cable to a router that's half way across the house.
Protip: Check the weather
But risingstar said that both he and his brother both use the same router, and I hardly doubt that every time risingstar went to test his connection there was a storm, and vice versa.

The problem seems to be more of an issue with your computer risingstar, rather than the router or your ISP.
__________________
VeritasAnimeList
MangaList
ImgurImages

Protip: Manga originals are
always better than Anime
adaptions.

-listening to-
-current desktop-


JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 20:51   Link #4393
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
But risingstar said that both he and his brother both use the same router, and I hardly doubt that every time risingstar went to test his connection there was a storm, and vice versa.

The problem seems to be more of an issue with your computer risingstar, rather than the router or your ISP.
I see, it would be hilarious if every time i go to his computer to download something, there's a storm down the street through

I must be optimistic to think that it's going a little bit faster. It's still far from getting to the speed of my brother computer through
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 21:38   Link #4394
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Mm... How old are the two computers, and what OSs are they? Are they both compatible with the router?
Check the plug itself. Make sure there aren't any pins bent/missing.
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 23:10   Link #4395
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
^This

Try swapping cables with your brother. Does it matter?

Have you tried plugging your cable into alternative ports in your router?

Usually wired connections don't display the type of speed problems you report; bad cables or bad electrical connections at the socket seem a likely candidate.

Try "pinging" the router from both machines. Are your return times dramatically slower than his? (If you're using Windows, use Start > Run, type "cmd" in the box, and hit Enter. Then type "ping your.router's.ip.address". Often it's 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. If you don't know what it is, type "ipconfig /all" at the prompt in the cmd window and look for the "default gateway" address.)
__________________
SeijiSensei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 23:34   Link #4396
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
^ SeijiSensei explained it better then I could.

Or contact your local Service Provider.
In my house, they had to slow down the connection since the wiring in the house was too old to handle the normal speed.
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:14   Link #4397
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
My dad recently passed me a 2H handphone to use (my old one died) - a Sony Ericsson.

It seems that after connecting the phone to my computer, I discovered that the phone seemed to be used by the children who are indirectly related to his extramarital affair.

Secondly, which is the most interesting, I discovered that Sony Ericsson phones actually kept data from deleted messages, contacts and wiped data, from up to 1 month ago. It is like a treasure trove of information.

My parents are having their relationship in a middle of a Cold War. So do I turn this information over to my mum, who is suspicious of the phone, or do I declare an all clear to her?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 12:21   Link #4398
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Looking for Reason to hear it's voice
Age: 4
Send a message via AIM to thevil1
This is tough... I would say show it to both at the same time.
__________________
A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles - Christopher Reeve
thevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 19:01   Link #4399
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
^ SeijiSensei explained it better then I could.

Or contact your local Service Provider.
In my house, they had to slow down the connection since the wiring in the house was too old to handle the normal speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
^This

Try swapping cables with your brother. Does it matter?

Have you tried plugging your cable into alternative ports in your router?

Usually wired connections don't display the type of speed problems you report; bad cables or bad electrical connections at the socket seem a likely candidate.

Try "pinging" the router from both machines. Are your return times dramatically slower than his? (If you're using Windows, use Start > Run, type "cmd" in the box, and hit Enter. Then type "ping your.router's.ip.address". Often it's 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. If you don't know what it is, type "ipconfig /all" at the prompt in the cmd window and look for the "default gateway" address.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Mm... How old are the two computers, and what OSs are they? Are they both compatible with the router?
Check the plug itself. Make sure there aren't any pins bent/missing.
Thank there, i will try it as soon as possible... which is probably Thursday
My computer is probably 6 months to a year older at most.


@SaintessHeart: i think you should analyse the information and predict the possible outcome before deciding the next step. If it's too risky then do not.
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 22:54   Link #4400
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
where is the signature page or so ( can you copy / paste for me in this page?)

the problem itself is that i dont want images or so, then maybe my problem can be answered here



i chose option 2
i click Procurar ( that is find in english)
i click upload
i click Save signature
i also have the image in jpg extension

but then nothing happens
i also have an avatar and it worked nice so i am doing something wrong. What?

this is the normal image
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.