AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-07, 19:17   Link #341
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Toshiro hasn't shown any ability in kido...in the entire series. That would be like giving Ichigo a kido rating of 70 at this point.
According to your logic, we might as well give Unohana 0's in almost every category just because she hasn't shown any ability in most areas. So just because Hitsugaya hasn't demonstrated his knowledge of Kido much definitely doesn't mean he's not adept at it. And the situation can't be compared to Ichigo's since we can actually account for every moment of his growth (so we know he can't use Kido because he clearly wasn't taught how). That's not the case with Hitsugaya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
The "chart" they use is the exact same one--ripoff--used in many Japanese video games uses these days and it has always been used as an absolute scale, not relative.
That scale has never been absolute at telling anything beyond individual strengths and weaknesses. And it's relativity is limited to the individual too. Seriously, do I have to start pointing out inconsistencies within that data using nothing more than fights from the SS arc alone?

-If the data is to be interpreted as you say it should be, then that would make Kenpachi the weakest Captain of the bunch. But despite this, he manages to fight a 2-on-1 battle against opponents that *both* have superior stats to his own and even manages to beat one of them in the process.

- Ukitake and Kyoraku's combined "power level" of 1020 nearly doubles Yamamoto's power level of of 560. Combined, they also far outmatch Yamamoto in each individual category. But yet, regardless of this fact, it was stated that their odds of winning a 2-on-1 battle against him were still low.

-Aizen has a physical strength stat of only 80 and can block an attack from Bankai Ichigo with one finger. This alone creates many inconsistencies with anyone that equals or surpasses him in this particular area. Because captains like Kenpachi & Komamura (with a stat of 100 in the same category) most definitely couldn't do the same thing under the same circumstances.

-Soifon actually has a physical strength stat of 100. So who honestly thinks this means Soifon has the same physical strength as Kenpachi and superior physical strength to Aizen?

...And this doesn't even cover all of it. Once again, the inconsistencies I've pointed out with this data is strictly limited to the SS arc alone--the same arc you claim this data accounts for and nothing else. This makes any supposed retcons irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
The power levels have absolutely been retconned at this point.
They definitely have. But those charts don't prove it since that's not their intended purpose.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-07 at 19:33.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 19:23   Link #342
astrallionheart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
- Ukitake and Kyoraku's combined "power level" of 1020 nearly doubles Yamamoto's power level of of 560. They also outmatch Yamamoto in every single category together. But yet, regardless of this fact, it was stated that their odds of winning a 2-on-1 battle against him were still low.
They would be...if they were one person. I mean if you add the sprinting speed of bunch of 4 year olds, the absolute numerical value might surpass yours...but you'd still outrun all of them if they tried to chase you. I mean does 10 Renjis have a chance against Ulquiorra? No--none of them can even cut his skin. Someone as strong as 10 Renjis would mop the floor with him.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 20:14   Link #343
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
They would be...if they were one person. I mean if you add the sprinting speed of bunch of 4 year olds, the absolute numerical value might surpass yours...but you'd still outrun all of them if they tried to chase you.
That logic's kind of flawed. If that were the case, there'd hardly be any point in working together with anyone. Having said that, the scenario you presented would only hold true in a race where the circumstances don't allow for a united & team effort. That is to say, a bunch of 4 year olds in a race against your average Teenager would probably lose.

However, if it's a bunch of 4 year olds chasing you within a finite area, then you're going to have to move faster to evade them as oppose to evading just one child. Because now you'd have to account for the speed needed to avoid children approaching from multiple directions simultaneously. Coming from experience, I can honestly say, it gets pretty difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
I mean does 10 Renjis have a chance against Ulquiorra? No--none of them can even cut his skin.
10 renji's fighting individually without any team work wouldn't stand a chance at damaging him obviously. Even his Hikōtsu Taihō probably wouldn't even make him flinch. But 10 renji's firing 10 Hikōtsu Taihō's at the same target simultaneously might do some serious damage to Ulquiorra.

So when a 2-on-1 scenario is brought up where a legitimate team effort is used, then combining the numerical values together makes perfect sense since it's assumed that the members will utilize their abilities in unison for a more efficient result. Yamamoto even praised Shunsui and Ukitake as being the strongest duo Soul Society has ever seen. So we know effective team work isn't a problem for them.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-07 at 20:35.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.