AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 15:33   Link #501
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Hard 2 say whats gonna happen, I wonder though if Priscilla will retain her form?
Old 2010-11-08, 17:31   Link #502
rafael1932
claymores pimp

an4chy99
is just me or miria already has « permanently branded as "died in vain following a foolish path» despite her fate? the ghosts now are facing an greater danger without miria yoki power which were no equal to clare, but very hight, indeed. i am starting to think that yagi killed her on purpose just to pull something that we will see next month - some ghosts death's?
Old 2010-11-08, 21:03   Link #503
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Gally not knowing about Prissy's awakened form tells me the Org did some major covering up with the whole Teresa - Prissy mess.
Old 2010-11-08, 22:22   Link #504
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Technically Galatae have heard about Prissy, though when Riful told her about Prissy she never said her power was that strong. I think Gala would know about Prissy but doesn't know her form, where as Helen never tells Prissy's name but describes her form only. This is the same Gala who found out about Raph we are talking about.
Old 2010-11-09, 03:52   Link #505
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
Technically Galatae have heard about Prissy, though when Riful told her about Prissy she never said her power was that strong. I think Gala would know about Prissy but doesn't know her form, where as Helen never tells Prissy's name but describes her form only. This is the same Gala who found out about Raph we are talking about.
Well, yes, but she didn't know it was her. While in the anime Riful describes Priscilla as "girl with one horn", in the manga it was "She left the girl(s) untouched" (paraphrased). So to Galatea can't connect the two based on a lack of knowledge and nothing obviously connecting the two as one, so Galatea should also be disbelieving Helen's comments about someone stronger than an Abyssal One since she too meet Riful and she never mentioned anyone stronger to her back then nor did she apparently sense her either... so Galatea must be thinking *what the bleep is going on? I'm the fraking God-eye!!! Yet I have no reason to disbelieve Helen's comments either... hmpf*
Old 2010-11-09, 08:32   Link #506
rafael1932
claymores pimp

no one has nothing new to say so what do you think about this idea- the claymores having babies?
no one wants to go with them but we are forgeting the males issue. they would rape young girls when they age nicely, that the main reason why i think that the males can't control yoki power is just another lie from the org. maybe they had that problem in the past so they stop producing males ones. the female can't do that so they would be followed by males ones that start to take a likeing into them ( the girls). maybe some had run after seeing the true body but some stayed around giving problems to the org because of their agenda. so they had the idea to start saying that lie- claymores will turn into yomas and they can't do anything to avoid that. this is actually a lie because:
1- they convert themselfes into awakened beings which is diferent than a yoma
2- halfe state awakened ( well they use that process into the twins, so they know)
3- they kill them after some years but the ones that they respect ( the ones that follow their rules and act truly like weapons like n 10) lives forever.
this way intead of people seeing then as human specialized in yoma hunting they start to seeing them as a monters( note that when teresa helped with no charge that town they didn't fear her giving lodgement for life ( aren't they smart?))
note that my teory start to say that is after this that humans start to fear them because, before of the mibs starting to say this, they would be respected - they look like normal humans

this will link nicely with the mainland because miria said that claymores there were saw as superhumans - and therefore respected.

this may link raki final purpose ... you see it right?..

if this would happen that means that the claymores that wanted a normal life were tracked down and their sons executed. how knows maybe they use them in experiments.

if yagi needs to find ideas maybe he can go this way, cause it seems to me that the reason why raki is still alive is this and we know how yagi likes to kill what is lefting

and i am not saying action in direct.. they can just show them after a night, naked or so
Old 2010-11-09, 08:34   Link #507
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

It's difficult to say for sure....but honestly, I would laugh at the Organization even more if their knowledge about Priscilla wasn't enough to a certain extent;

They know for sure about the "female Awakened Being" who "lost" to Isley and subsequently became his, but the rest is up the air...after all this time however, the easy-to-pickup knowledge of Priscilla's awakening...some members like Dae and Rubel have probably picked up and guessed accurately what has been going on since the War, her actions and whereabouts.

As for everyone else, Priscilla doesn't exist unless they obviously no of her....the thing with the anime that I remember, is that Priscilla, Teresa etc etc became legends so to speak in that everyone knew about them, like stories you would whisper to eachother around the campfire; Miria for one already knew who she was (though she also in the manga knows who she is too thanks to Riful)...I guess it was done for the sake of the anime and tying the characters more easily and quicker.

Quote:
no one has nothing new to say so what do you think about this idea- the claymores having babies?
OH GOD NOT THIS AGAIN

I'm staying out of this one this time; I've already gone into fine-detail on it at least twice
Old 2010-11-09, 09:09   Link #508
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
I wouldn't doubt that if the org knows about Priscilla. For all we know Dae was probably watching her and Clare/destroyer where going at it.
Old 2010-11-09, 09:25   Link #509
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
I wouldn't doubt that if the org knows about Priscilla. For all we know Dae was probably watching her and Clare/destroyer where going at it.
Exactly; the question is who and how much...something tells me that the entire Organization is aware of everything up to a certain point, and the rest is up to individual people.

Like Rubel and Dae; they probably know much more, wheras the rest only know a little.

It goes with the idea that the Organization is starting to split up; not just Rubel or because of him, but individual "factions" within the Organization (I'm looking at Dae); the group is starting to reach the point where the individual leaders seem to all have their own plans and ambitions and the "teamwork" of the group is disappearing.

It makes sense since the group is all about power and strength; everybody is out for themselves. The general coldness distrust they instill on the warriors is starting to seep into the leadership; Dae definitely knows more then he's letting on, Rubel is Rubel, and who knows about others like Rimuto; the way things are going, Rubel may not have to do anything to have these guys destroy themselves.
Old 2010-11-09, 10:01   Link #510
Blackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I was thinking the opposite. Galatea with Clarice and Miata separating from the ghosts suggests to me that there will be a carnage but not to them but ghosts. We would have opened doors for a change of players. Yagi could get rid of all the ghosts and focus on Galatea, Miata and Clarice (which weren't introduced just for lolz I assume). Maybe Dee would survive and somehow contact Raki (or someone other but no more than one) but something tells me that their encounter with MiB won't end well. I just can't see how they could get rid of MiB without Clare's help, I even doubt that Miria could defeat them even without #10s interference. Judging by their poker-faces I'm sure they have sth else up their sleeves.
It's quite obvious sir, they introduced Clarice to save the others after they get mind controlled powered by #10, because she is pathetically weak to the point that controlling her yoma power would have no effect on her. :^)
Old 2010-11-09, 10:20   Link #511
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
So to Galatea can't connect the two based on a lack of knowledge and nothing obviously connecting the two as one, so Galatea should also be disbelieving Helen's comments about someone stronger than an Abyssal One since she too meet Riful and she never mentioned anyone stronger to her back then nor did she apparently sense her either...
@Ryus

I was thinking in a different way. I am not actually basing my speculation on the facts she has heard, but basing it on the assumption she has done her own research. She clearly had enough info to know about the AO's. She cleverly deduced about the first soul link project and Raph. I was basing on the speculation she might have also researched on the event of Teresa v Prissy. Clearly there were some records of it, as it was recalled by Clare saying to Irene of researching about those events. I was basing on the off chance of Gala doing some research of her own as this was a huge event with the org loosing it's top 5 in one day. But who knows, maybe your're right, she might have absolutely no idea as well...

- - -

In one sense its quite clear the org knows of Prissy's existence (i.e. her killing of Teresa and her subsequent awakening). But I wonder if the org really know of Prissy's power level. Technically the only survivor to have seen the battle was chibi Clare (as far as the org is aware). If the org has really been aware of Prissy's power they would have at least thought of a way to equate powers to hers on the inevitable event she comes to Staffu. Who knows if the events in the west had not have unfold the way it did, she might have ended up coming close to Staffu and going berserk there. But clearly the org doesn't seem to comprehend the situation they are in. It seems there only level of protection is the claymores they have and there so-called "trump card".

Funny thing is all this come back to bite me in the ass to think how useless was Miria's attempt to topple the org. *sigh* its just sad now to think how easily the org might have been taken down by the combined effort of the ghosts... Miria clearly have never heard of the three musketeers story

- - -

lol Shieky, not that talk again ne?
Old 2010-11-09, 10:23   Link #512
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor Send a message via Skype™ to Falcor
It does appear that Yagi is setting us up for a rescue-within-a-rescue attempt, here. Ghosts go in planning to rescue Miria, Clarice and Miata go in cleaning up the mess, and then we get to see who's left standing afterwards.

Miata is, afterall, a force to be reckoned with, and a waste to just leave behind in Rabona... I expect to see much more of her in action. With Clarice's guidance, of course.
Old 2010-11-09, 10:38   Link #513
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I don't think Miata or Clarice would be moving out of Rabona. They seem to look upto Gala as a role model figure and she is clearly not as impulsive or motivated as the ghosts in taking any actions. I thought if she was going to take any action she might have taken on the off chance Miria might fall, but clearly she did not have faith in Miria's actions and stood her ground. And now with the whole group following Miria's path it doesn't seem likely at all that Gala might move out. Especially with the blob mass outside Rabona.

(ps. note the prayer she makes, sounds similar to her feeling when Miria left, i.e. skeptical )
Old 2010-11-09, 11:21   Link #514
Maverick05

Hello everyone. First time posting at the Claymore threat. XD Just started watching/reading this series a couple of months ago.

I got a really crazy and base-less theory, but it will be interesting if it is true, so I hope you could give me your intake about it.

First, thinking about Miata, she seems to have almost the same traits of Pricilla (quite strong, doesn´t tap much into her yoki power, mentally unstable, and dependant on a family figure). You could say she is a follow-up experiment of Priscilla, and maybe Ophelia was too before her.

Second, about Clarice:
Imagine Rubel finding out that Pieta had fallen, his HA test subjects dead, and his very precious and promising Clare experiment missing. So he had to start all over again since it is too promising and full of potential to drop it out.

So he checks the freezer/storeroom and finds the remains of Clare´s hand and/or the old, barely useful ones of Teresa´s body. Then he checks the orphan´s list and finds the name Clarice.

Rubel: " It might work"

So we have the first 1/8 yoma+human hybrid!!! It might explain why Clarice is soo weak and lacks some claymore traits.

Now, move a couple of years to the battle of Rabona, and think about this:
Rubel is happy since he might have found a way to mentally stabilize and control a Priscilla type (Miata) using a Teresa descendant (Clarice). It will be quite ironical.

Hope I haven´t bore you much. XD
Old 2010-11-09, 12:06   Link #515
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@Maverick

Welcome to Claymore subforums where all the fun begins

Actually I remember we having discussed the idea of Clarice being another warrior/flesh hybradization process experiment. Nonetheless it's always interesting to get a fresh perspective on things. I find it interesting that you speculate that using Teresa factor as a control mechanism for Miata. I have seen some idea's like Clarice doing a mind link and all, but using genetic lineage to control seems a fresh idea.

There are many questions surrounding those two. Especially their bond has been scrutinized a lot. However with little evidence all we can do is give a theory with no basis to it... My money on this is Miata is a result from superior experimentations results of AF project... Ophy and Prissy's instability stems from their sad backgrounds Im afraid. And there were some talks that Prissy was specially made to rise upto no.1 material. Therefore I think there is a way which the org does control the outcome of the process...

My consensus is that probably it can't be a another warrior experimentation as Rubel himself is afraid the org might discover the success of it's project (explained by his speculations after the death of Ophy in Staffu). So I am still inclined to think Clarice was simply a failure but Miata is a special case and her attachment to Clarice is due to her most humane nature compared to other claymores. Thats my rant on this
Old 2010-11-09, 12:23   Link #516
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Hello everyone. First time posting at the Claymore threat. XD Just started watching/reading this series a couple of months ago.

I got a really crazy and base-less theory, but it will be interesting if it is true, so I hope you could give me your intake about it.

First, thinking about Miata, she seems to have almost the same traits of Pricilla (quite strong, doesn´t tap much into her yoki power, mentally unstable, and dependant on a family figure). You could say she is a follow-up experiment of Priscilla, and maybe Ophelia was too before her.

Second, about Clarice:
Imagine Rubel finding out that Pieta had fallen, his HA test subjects dead, and his very precious and promising Clare experiment missing. So he had to start all over again since it is too promising and full of potential to drop it out.

So he checks the freezer/storeroom and finds the remains of Clare´s hand and/or the old, barely useful ones of Teresa´s body. Then he checks the orphan´s list and finds the name Clarice.

Rubel: " It might work"

So we have the first 1/8 yoma+human hybrid!!! It might explain why Clarice is soo weak and lacks some claymore traits.

Now, move a couple of years to the battle of Rabona, and think about this:
Rubel is happy since he might have found a way to mentally stabilize and control a Priscilla type (Miata) using a Teresa descendant (Clarice). It will be quite ironical.

Hope I haven´t bore you much. XD
Welcome to the Claymore sub-forum of AS.

I agree there is a lot of parallels between Miata and Priscilla power and stability wise. So who knows you could be right... and yes this has been debated before (though I'm drawing I total mind blank of who argued this and when ). Clearly there's not enough facts for this to be the likely case since for all we know she's just an insanely strong and unstable little girl that was made a different way than Priscilla was (not disagreeing with you, just saying there is a simpler explanation but both fit the known facts so this speculation is good). Though if Priscilla emerges again and goes on a rampage before Clare gets out of the blob I'd be very interested how Priscilla would react to Miata or if she could even see her at all . I'd also be interested in seeing just how strong Miata is since she never, clearly, went over 10%... even at the peek of the Agatha fight.

As to Clarice though she can't be one of Rubels projects since Master Rado is her handler... if she is another 1/4 yoma hybrid like Clare then making another was likely part of Rimuto's orders and not Rubel's orders. After all it was Rimuto who said there was still uncertain elements about Clare not Rubel. Though since Rubel likely only cares about killing the half awakened and preventing the org from finding out about them I'd see no reason why he'd object to the creation of a second 1/4 yoma, as long as she wasn't likely to half awaken herself as a result of being 1/4 yoma.
Old 2010-11-09, 13:37   Link #517
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
I don't think Miata or Clarice would be moving out of Rabona. (...)
I've got a different theory. Clarice is in fact one of the big shots in the organization. She's the woman in black to be precise and a female assassin at that. That's why she has colored hair - she's not a real Claymore, only disguised as such (she has contact lenses but didn't want to ruin her hair by dyeing it, plus it made her cover more convenient since she was considered as a failure making people underestimate her and let their guards down). She only acts as if she was weak, in reality she could one shot just about anyone. Remember when we first saw her? All Claymores were injured but her. Coincidence? Yeah right. There were projectiles flying everywhere but somehow not even one injured her (she let one touch her clothes so to not arouse suspicion but that's it). What's more, according to ABs she was near them all along and they didn't notice her until they've dealt with everyone else. Only ninja could do that. She did all this because she sensed the ghosts thanks to her keen ninja senses. And with Miata she used another ninja technique - mleko-zasys-no-jutsu (google it if you don't believe me). I mean, Miata could rip ABs with her bare hands but somehow she didn't even scratch Clarice. Coincidence? Of course not. It was another ninja technique - she managed to move her body just enough to not get scratched by her. And her milk has special ninja drug in it - that's how she controls Miata (it's ironic that the pills she was giving Miata weren't a drug). Miata is now addicted to it. And with Agatha she used a classic ninja move - feigned retreat (google it too). She only used such tactic to catch Agatha off-guard. She didn't need it though since she was perfectly capable of dodging her every attack but her assassin's habits kicked in. And the only reason she started crying afterwards was because she knew ghosts were coming and it was time to start acting dumb. Now she will kill Galatea without so much as a drop of sweat. Clarice will casually walk to her while she will be sleeping and kill her without any effort. She planned all this from the start. If ghosts or someone else returns she will put the blame on an AB that (according to her) came to Rabona. Since we are at that, the attack on Rabona was also her doing. She gave the order to commence the attack. She was also the reason why Dae did a detour. She's his sensei and he met her to receive further instructions. He had to. He looked at her in the wrong way once and look at his face. He was also the one that brought her to the island. She was this unidentified object (read: ninja - there's no more unidentified object than this Japanese assassin) this square-jaw MiB was talking about.

OK, now it's your turn to tell a bed time story.
Old 2010-11-09, 13:42   Link #518
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I've got a different theory. Clarice is in fact one of the big shots in the organization. She's the woman in black to be precise and a female assassin at that. That's why she has colored hair - she's not a real Claymore, only disguised as such (she has contact lenses but didn't want to ruin her hair by dyeing it, plus it made her cover more convenient since she was considered as a failure making people underestimate her and let their guards down). She only acts as if she was weak, in reality she could one shot just about anyone. Remember when we first saw her? All Claymores were injured but her. Coincidence? Yeah right. There were projectiles flying everywhere but somehow not even one injured her (she let one touch her clothes so to not arouse suspicion but that's it). What's more, according to ABs she was near them all along and they didn't notice her until they've dealt with everyone else. Only ninja could do that. She did all this because she sensed the ghosts thanks to her keen ninja senses. And with Miata she used another ninja technique - mleko-zasys-no-jutsu (google it if you don't believe me). I mean, Miata could rip ABs with her bare hands but somehow she didn't even scratch Clarice. Coincidence? Of course not. It was another ninja technique - she managed to move her body just enough to not get scratched by her. And her milk has special ninja drug in it - that's how she controls Miata (it's ironic that the pills she was giving Miata weren't a drug). Miata is now addicted to it. And with Agatha she used a classic ninja move - feigned retreat (google it too). She only used such tactic to catch Agatha off-guard. She didn't need it though since she was perfectly capable of dodging her every attack but her assassin's habits kicked in. And the only reason she started crying afterwards was because she knew ghosts were coming and it was time to start acting dumb. Now she will kill Galatea without so much as a drop of sweat. Clarice will casually walk to her while she will be sleeping and kill her without any effort. She planned all this from the start. If ghosts or someone else returns she will put the blame on an AB that (according to her) came to Rabona. Since we are at that, the attack on Rabona was also her doing. She gave the order to commence the attack. She was also the reason why Dae did a detour. She's his sensei and he met her to receive further instructions. Once he looked at her in the wrong way and look at his face. He was also the one that brought her to the island. She was this unidentified object (read: ninja - there's no more unidentified object than this Japanese assassin) this square-jaw MiB was talking about.

OK, now it's your turn to tell a bed time story.
However she isn't a Ninja master since she almost blew her cover in ch 108 when her hair went blonde again... thankfully for her only Miata seemed to be notice before she regained control, even more lucky for her Miata is just too young to understand the impactions what transpired.

I wonder hot the rest of her ninja clan is...

(Oh, god! I wish I could rep you for that one! )
Old 2010-11-09, 13:48   Link #519
Gooral
Firefly/Serenity fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
However she isn't a Ninja master since she almost blew her cover in ch 108 when her hair went blonde again...
Heh, that's because ruins' dust everywhere + sweaty hair = change of hair color to white/grey.
Old 2010-11-09, 13:52   Link #520
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Heh, that's because ruins' dust all-around + sweaty hair = change of hair color to white/grey.
Exactly! A ninja master should have realized this before hand.