AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 60 45.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 19.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-09, 03:49   Link #141
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I wasn't really affected by her other antics. I dunno: some people see that as a "heartwarming" tsundere reaction, I see that as a frustration that her slave isn't at home, either to do her bidding or to be forced to be her otaku speech receiver.
You just got your awesome loot from the internet.
You want to share it with someone and brag
The closest person is not here instead spending a night away from home.
You want to brag on it so bad
That person is still not home yet.
You still want to show the prized possession

= Tsun tsun action?


I love how many people here got trolled by the scriptwriter.
Agreed it can be interpreted as jealousy, but with that ecstatic dakimakura arrival scene earlier, a completely new possibility has raised.


=================================
Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not too long ago, she found someone to share and talk her hobbies with, she managed to get other friends to talk to about it, but Kyosuke was really the first she opened her hobby to about.

She then gets a package she's very excited about, a cute body pillow she wants to show him to share her 'otaku happiness' with. But he's missing, so she's a little peeved.

I think she's acting like a pretty realistic brat of a kid sister to me.

**** it, ninja'd :P
read the whole 7 pages in one go, started typing since page 4 or something.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 04:20   Link #142
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Not on this site no more.
Age: 27
For otaku healthcare trends relating to Oreimo; going by some 50ish doujinshi covers from retailers, ~75-80% of the current 18+ Oreimo doujins have to do with Kirino and Kyousuke. The other portion is almost all Kuroneko with Ayase usually appearing with Kirino. I think you'd have to hit pixiv for poor Manami .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Isn't it really common in Japan for couples to only have one child? Lately, the anime industry has been compelled to pander to the otaku, and with them mostly being lonely virgins with poor social skills, we get anime that focuses on a guy hooking up a girl, with little to no effort on his part. Little sisters come into play because they're cute, to people that don't have little sisters, which is a lot of Japan. There's also the fact that it's easy to set up situations where accidents happen, since little sisters live with their big brothers. And then, we also have the whole loli thing that makes them a good choice.

This is all speculation, of course, but I think those are the lines of thought that brought us this trope.
I grew up on this side of the Pacific, but I think I can understand where little sister moe might come from. Before I'd even heard of anime, there were actually a few girls I was close enough to that they'd refer to me as an older brother and confidant. In retrospect, this was probably worse than permanent friend for romantic prospects . I ended up living with one for a year or so for school and ended up understanding why people with real siblings can't stand one another.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 05:32   Link #143
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
You just got your awesome loot from the internet.
You want to share it with someone and brag
The closest person is not here instead spending a night away from home.
You want to brag on it so bad
That person is still not home yet.
You still want to show the prized possession

= Tsun tsun action?


I love how many people here got trolled by the scriptwriter.
Agreed it can be interpreted as jealousy, but with that ecstatic dakimakura arrival scene earlier, a completely new possibility has raised.


=================================
Edit:




**** it, ninja'd :P
read the whole 7 pages in one go, started typing since page 4 or something.
Except...Kyosuke doesn't give a rat about the pillow. So what is there to brag about? To brag is to invoke jealousy. On the other hand...if it is just the desire to show somebody something important to you only, the motivation is not to brag.
The scripwriter leaves baits, how the viewer interpret it is entirely up to the individual. Nobody is 'right' or 'wrong'.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 06:56   Link #144
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
my bad :P
wrong use of word there
should've use "show off" instead

Edit:
notice the little kick on Kyousuke's door when Kirino was bring the dakimakura box upstairs?
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!

Last edited by jeroz; 2010-11-09 at 09:50.
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 09:48   Link #145
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
I hope you won't be irritated to have me poke on a bit more, but IMHO there are some parts which are about to leave the "agree to disagree" area and bordering "objectively wrong".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Manami was on tenterhooks the whole time (maybe a bit more relaxed at the end) and Kyousuke was sometimes confused as to how he felt.
When? When did he display any confusion or uncertainty about an issue concerning Manami? I can't remember a single one where he might have been flustered or unsure. Instead, he dealt with all questions and incidents which would _normally_ fluster a guy with a cool assured demeanor. ("Are you going out? Why don't you just marry her? Are you nervous sleeping here? etc...)

Quote:
And on the other side was Kyousuke's feeling that he wanted this relationship to carry on, wanted another sleepover, and would object to any other guy butting in.I do think this is the main difference of opinion here. If she doesn't seem attractive, it's hard to feel the attraction. If she does, it's easy.
I think it's worse than that. Kyousuke has totally friendzoned Manami. Sure he likes the current convenient relationship to go on, but he firmly resists all attempts of Manami to get closer. In other words, Manami makes it perfectly clear time and time again that she would like to progress, and Kyousuke makes it perfectly clear time and time again that he does NOT want that. And in the end, Manami sighs inwardly, shrugs, and is content to carry on like before.

This is what bothers me, and why I simply can't feel this happy-fuzzy "it's only a matter of time until they tie the knot" feeling. Instead, I feel that Manami is headed for a major disappointment, and Kyousuke is an ass for keeping her hanging on like this by intentionally leaving this asymmetry unaddressed.

Quote:
I would never use the ugly word "moeblob," probably for anyone, let alone Manami. As I mentioned before, my affection for/identification with this type of character began with DearS.
Let me qualify this. Manami is a very very nice girl. Kind disposition, patient and devoted. She has a brain, unlike most moeblobs. But she doesn't show any spine, and characters whose defining traits are complete subservient devotion to someone else, bother me.

Quote:
Yes, he's being oblivious -- but less oblivious than I remember seeing in other shows.
And here I think a "no, I consider this objectively wrong" is in order. Sorry. Kyousuke is a pretty perceptive guy, he's proven it time and time again. How could he ignore a blatant question like "when are you going to marry her"? Sorry. The question is clear and the implication is totally obvious. Kyousuke KNOWS what Manami and her family want. It's IMPOSSIBLE that he's unaware of it.

So, no. He's not oblivious. His rejections to Manami's overtures are firm, consistent and without a trace of wavering. He confirms that he likes it the way it is, and he likes the idea to carry on like this, but he does NOT give any confirmation or expectation to leave the current friendzone. Or, what would be better, he shows no initiative to get closer to Manami on his own volition. It's intentional. He's keeping her at arm's length, and not by coincidence, but by design.

Quote:
And from time to time, and at the end, I saw love -- even if it wasn't either passion or romance. Agape for a spouse rather than eros for a lover.
I know that you like the Agape concept ^_^; ... but I honestly don't think that Kyousuke is anywhere near that so far. Though we're now back in "IMHO" territory.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 09:55   Link #146
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*snip*
I'm don't believe that Kyousuke intends to completely friendzone Manami in perpetua, at least if he does he's essentially content in keeping the status quo for now. If anything, their final conversation before going to bed suggests Kyousuke is willing to consider the possibility of being more than friends, despite his insistence to keep this where they are now. That at least tells me that while he's content with things as they are now and prefers to keep it that way, he's not going to reject the possibility of change in the future if he thinks it's coming. He may not like her that way right now, but he seems willing to accept a change in himself if it does happen, even if it isn't happening right now.

If he's being an ass, it's because he's circling the issue rather than telling her straight, though I suppose it's because he thinks he needs to be delicate about it and think of her feelings if he were to reject her then and there.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 09:59   Link #147
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I grew up on this side of the Pacific, but I think I can understand where little sister moe might come from. Before I'd even heard of anime, there were actually a few girls I was close enough to that they'd refer to me as an older brother and confidant. In retrospect, this was probably worse than permanent friend for romantic prospects . I ended up living with one for a year or so for school and ended up understanding why people with real siblings can't stand one another.
Bingo Real life versus delusionary fantasy tends to be a slam dunk. Every girl I grew up with on my street ended up being a "next door sister" to me. Even if we tried to date, it was 'errrrr, heh, not working' for me and the girl in question. Even when I started dating my future wife in high school, my best friend (he was her cousin) was "ewwww, what????" because all the cousins had grown up together on the extended family farm. Anecdotal, yes, but also reflective of the science on the topic.
__________________

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-11-09 at 11:01.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 11:07   Link #148
CWW
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
"I wonder how things'll be if we graduate and go to the same college."

This line signifies that he has put some thought into moving past the friendship. He just doesn't want to commit now. It's plausible. Sometimes people want to live a carefree life without responsiblities in high school while they still can. College is the period where everything changes. More independance, more responsibilities, more room for a love life.

To me, Kyousuke believes he isn't ready for a relationship yet and who can blame him? His parents don't particularly treat him favorably, instead giving special treatment to his sibling. His sibling nags him for every little thing. Simply put, he feels restricted at home. He even said this, albeit not as explicit, during the episode.

When he graduates from college and moves out of the house, his environment, his demeanor, his way of life will change, for better or worse. And who will be there for him? Manami.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 13:43   Link #149
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Except...Kyosuke doesn't give a rat about the pillow. So what is there to brag about? To brag is to invoke jealousy. On the other hand...if it is just the desire to show somebody something important to you only, the motivation is not to brag.
The scripwriter leaves baits, how the viewer interpret it is entirely up to the individual. Nobody is 'right' or 'wrong'.
She just wants someone to talk to about her hobby. That's why she makes him play all these games, regardless of whether he actually cares abut them. While she now has some new otaku friends, they don't exactly share her precise interests in little sister games. As a little brother I can sympathize with her since my older brother partially shares my hobbies and when he's not around I just start pacing the house energetically because I have no one to talk to about some cool show I just saw or something.

And no, I'm not into gay incest. Her actions don't seem that weird to me.

Last edited by Clarste; 2010-11-09 at 16:05.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 14:29   Link #150
HurricaneHige
Uguu~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Just a couple of things:

I still feel that this series is still going the "bonding" route, I mean, there's a little something extra in ep5 that might lead to wincest, but I'm not going to hold that against the writers yet. If anything else comes up then that might change my opinion.

As for Kyosuke, it's pretty clear in this episode that he does not want Manami yet, and not that he was oblivious. The lap-pillow incident could've been interpreted either way, but on hindsight the camera panted towards her lap and back up, signifying that Kyosuke knows whats going on and choose to play dumb. In this episode, his constant and firm rebuttal, couple with attempting to turn the bath thing into a joke is pretty clear to me that he knows what's going on, and choose to "remain" the same. Of course, at the end he pretty said to Manami: "I'm going to be single till college, so when the time comes I'll be all good."

Also, I love the grandpa in this episode, he's one of those energetic grandparent that is both loving and has way too much time on their hands, which usually breeds pretty good comedy.

Overall, this episode is completely different from the first five, but enjoyable nevertheless.
__________________
Sig's coming soon ~_~ (since 07....)
My rant blog (omg i'm blogging now, and not just anime)
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 16:40   Link #151
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
So far it just seems to be setting up a romance between the sister and brother which is uh..... Yeah. Don't understand Japan's fascination with this "taboo."
Duno why you are suprised, the moment it was said that Kirino likes ero games with brother and sister, incest of those two became immediately open with no doubt.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 16:51   Link #152
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
The suggestion that Minami may stay over at Kyousuke's makes me giddy... I eagerly await seeing how Kyousuke will screw that up.
If Mamami really should stay over at Kyousuke's hme, I seriously doubt that he'll screw up - he really *does* like her. It would further their relationship a good bit - at best even, he'll screw without the "up"

The only one who wouldn't like this, and who might try to sabotage it, is Kirino - out of jealousy
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 16:56   Link #153
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Please let Kyousuke X Manami happen!
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 17:53   Link #154
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Duno why you are suprised, the moment it was said that Kirino likes ero games with brother and sister, incest of those two became immediately open with no doubt.
Believe me, I'm anything but surprised.
Reckoner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 19:08   Link #155
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
If Mamami really should stay over at Kyousuke's hme, I seriously doubt that he'll screw up - he really *does* like her. It would further their relationship a good bit - at best even, he'll screw without the "up"

The only one who wouldn't like this, and who might try to sabotage it, is Kirino - out of jealousy
Very true, Kyousuke might get further away from Kirino again, and she might pull a stunt between their relation o.o
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 19:28   Link #156
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Let me qualify this. Manami is a very very nice girl. Kind disposition, patient and devoted. She has a brain, unlike most moeblobs. But she doesn't show any spine, and characters whose defining traits are complete subservient devotion to someone else, bother me.
Ok, I now have a good idea when it comes to the key element of Manami's character that you dislike, although I strongly disagree with the idea that she doesn't show any spine. A somewhat shy teenage girl like her doesn't so readily play along with being put into potentially intense situations with a guy she has a crush on if she doesn't have any spine... and Manami plays along with exactly that. Frankly, she has more spine than most non-action driven (i.e. mecha pilots, shounen action heroes, etc...) anime characters that I've seen.

However, you're right that she has complete subservient devotion to Kyousuke. This is something that I'm not entirely comfortable with myself. While I do like Manami and her character a lot, I would prefer it if we saw her have a side to herself that's not tied up with Kyousuke (like, say, we saw a few scenes of her chatting with female friends that she likes).


Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
"I wonder how things'll be if we graduate and go to the same college."

This line signifies that he has put some thought into moving past the friendship. He just doesn't want to commit now. It's plausible. Sometimes people want to live a carefree life without responsiblities in high school while they still can. College is the period where everything changes. More independance, more responsibilities, more room for a love life.

To me, Kyousuke believes he isn't ready for a relationship yet and who can blame him? His parents don't particularly treat him favorably, instead giving special treatment to his sibling. His sibling nags him for every little thing. Simply put, he feels restricted at home. He even said this, albeit not as explicit, during the episode.

When he graduates from college and moves out of the house, his environment, his demeanor, his way of life will change, for better or worse. And who will be there for him? Manami.

This is more or less as I see it as well. Like yourself, I think that this one specific line makes it very clear that Kyousuke is open to a romantic relationship with Manami once they're both in College, but simply doesn't want the possible drama or complication of one right now. Which, as you alluded to, makes a lot of sense, given the drama and complication that exists in his life right now due to his family. He simply doesn't want to have to balance an actual romance on top of that.

So, I don't see where there is a "firm, consistent rejection" here, or anything of the sort. Kyousuke is just trying to slow things down, and put romance off until he's in a better position to handle one.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 19:34   Link #157
potchip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Urgh..hate Manami as a possible love interest. Why are these type of girls even attractive? Know someone in real life that's exactly like that. The result? A terrible brat of a son, totally useless at any meaningful discussions and I shudder at the thought of having a person like that as a wife..But this not about my preference..

For Kyosuke, is Manami the life-solutions? So far he's been using her as the safe harbour, recuperating for his next sacrifice for his sister. Manami has a role, but not the role she wants.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 20:06   Link #158
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
I think the whole issue comes down to whether you take Kyousuke's claim that he just wants to live a normal life totally seriously. Considering his position in his family relative to his go-getter do-anything sister, I think he had sort of resolved himself that the simple, easy-going life was for him. He contented himself with that, and even found comfort in that because it was such a contrast to the high-tension lives of his father and sister. So when Minami lays out the prospect of going to college together, this is the ultimate "my destiny in life is to continue down this moderate path" and at least a part of him thinks that's for the best. But I don't think that he's actually totally sold on it yet, and that's why he's very non-committal towards Minami. I think part of the awkwardness towards Minami in this episode is a sort of a realization that not only could he content himself with this life, he could probably learn to like it as well (as Minami is not without charm). But... he files it under the "decide later" category because he's just not sold, and right now he prefers to have a "safe refuge" to protect him from -- among other things -- having to make big decisions.

Personally, I think there is a strong and almost irresistible attraction to opposites, so though he complains about the sort of life his sister his putting him through, there's something about it that he finds a bit exciting and daring. It's sort of like when they showed him finally beating a round in the Sispocalype game and for a brief moment he was super pumped-up... and then he realized that's not like him and it's stupid. He gets similar "fired up" when he has to rush to his sister's defense... even though he also finds it to be annoying and a pain in another sense. There's this small glimpse of something more he can reach for that he had never fully considered before.

So, basically, I think there's a tension in Kyousuke between two possible futures: the common life he had resolved himself to, or a more risky adventurous life full of unknowns. And right now he really doesn't want to decide; he just wants to see what happens.

My personal feeling is that Kyousuke won't be able to go back to the simple life he espoused in the first episode, because his character has to change over the course of the story. I don't see Minami picking up the pace and being able to run at the speed he's starting to move, and, if he gets too deep into this stuff, Kyousuke may even think that Minami deserves a calmer happier life than he'll be able to give her. I think he's naturally taking himself down a different path in life, though he doesn't realize it quite yet. That being said, I'm not convinced that this story will take things that far anyway; we'll have to wait and see.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 20:36   Link #159
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think the whole issue comes down to whether you take Kyousuke's claim that he just wants to live a normal life totally seriously. Considering his position in his family relative to his go-getter do-anything sister, I think he had sort of resolved himself that the simple, easy-going life was for him. He contented himself with that, and even found comfort in that because it was such a contrast to the high-tension lives of his father and sister. So when Minami lays out the prospect of going to college together, this is the ultimate "my destiny in life is to continue down this moderate path" and at least a part of him thinks that's for the best. But I don't think that he's actually totally sold on it yet, and that's why he's very non-committal towards Minami. I think part of the awkwardness towards Minami in this episode is a sort of a realization that not only could he content himself with this life, he could probably learn to like it as well (as Minami is not without charm). But... he files it under the "decide later" category because he's just not sold, and right now he prefers to have a "safe refuge" to protect him from -- among other things -- having to make big decisions.

Personally, I think there is a strong and almost irresistible attraction to opposites, so though he complains about the sort of life his sister his putting him through, there's something about it that he finds a bit exciting and daring. It's sort of like when they showed him finally beating a round in the Sispocalype game and for a brief moment he was super pumped-up... and then he realized that's not like him and it's stupid. He gets similar "fired up" when he has to rush to his sister's defense... even though he also finds it to be annoying and a pain in another sense. There's this small glimpse of something more he can reach for that he had never fully considered before.

So, basically, I think there's a tension in Kyousuke between two possible futures: the common life he had resolved himself to, or a more risky adventurous life full of unknowns. And right now he really doesn't want to decide; he just wants to see what happens.

My personal feeling is that Kyousuke won't be able to go back to the simple life he espoused in the first episode, because his character has to change over the course of the story. I don't see Minami picking up the pace and being able to run at the speed he's starting to move, and, if he gets too deep into this stuff, Kyousuke may even think that Minami deserves a calmer happier life than he'll be able to give her. I think he's naturally taking himself down a different path in life, though he doesn't realize it quite yet. That being said, I'm not convinced that this story will take things that far anyway; we'll have to wait and see.
So... Kyousuke playing eroges = fast-paced lifestyle that Manami can't keep up to?

Kyousuke playing eroges = complicated life that Manami would find unhappy and lacking in calmness?


Kyousuke isn't going to have to cover for his sister forever. At least, I certainly hope not, for his sake. That would be an obstacle to a relationship with almost any potential girlfriend, not just Manami. What wife would want her husband always busy helping out his sister?

However, if Kyousuke simply develops a liking for the otaku lifestyle, then I don't see how that rules out a romance between him and Manami.

A couple reasons why:

1. Do we even know what Manami thinks about eroges, otakus, etc...? Unless I missed or forgot something, Manami seems to be the only major character in this anime who hasn't taken a firm position on it either way. Such neutrality could actually be a big benefit if Kyousuke gets into the otaku lifestyle. If Manami and Kyousuke become a couple, Manami may simply see her boyfriend has having his own interests, and while not holding all of them herself, would simply let him partake in it without her interference.

While couples frequently have shared interests, its far from uncommon for each partner to have his or her own separate interest and the other partner simply learns to let it be. Classic example: The husband is into pro sports, and the wife is not. In fact, it's probably healthy for each partner to have his or her own separate interest, so that they can get a break from one another from time to time.


2. Manami's grandparents really don't strike me as the sort of people who would make a big deal about Kyousuke playing eroges, or watching anime, or reading manga.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 21:19   Link #160
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So... Kyousuke playing eroges = fast-paced lifestyle that Manami can't keep up to?

Kyousuke playing eroges = complicated life that Manami would find unhappy and lacking in calmness?
It's not just about playing eroge or living an otaku life. He is now involving himself in whole new circles of friends and relationships that are quite apart from his original life. And what's the link in the story pushing in him that direction if, in the end, he decides to go back to the safe, regular life that Manami represents?

I'm not saying that Manami isn't potentially compatible, but I think that the show is setting up a contrast between the type of life he originally said he wanted in the first episode, and the sort of life he is moving towards. That is why episode 6 is such a stark contrast and doesn't exactly feel like it fits in to the rest of Kyousuke's now-current life. Of course no matter what he decides to do, he could fall in love with Manami, but what will draw him to her? Where is the pull -- the appeal? I think he will find him self pulled in directions that take him further away from Manami, as we have seen thus far. For him to then go back to Manami takes a deliberate effort/choice on his part, and so far he seems resistant to making that sort of choice.

Not saying it can't happen. But, I don't see anything in the story so far that suggests that is what's happening, yet. I don't think it's enough for Kyousuke to end up with Manami as a sort of "consolation prize".
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.