AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-11, 18:14   Link #81
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, Kishimoto has used several characters from the anime before. In fact, he has named several countries after countries first seen in the anime. So, this is not the first time he has done this "trick".
And what makes you think I give any more respect to that fact? For the countries, I really can't keep track of them all, so perhaps you could cite one or two examples? As for the characters, are you referring to the Jinchuurikis? If so, I'm really disappointed with how they were handled.

Quote:
That being said, I still do not see why this matters nor do I see how it is lazy. They're his characters, and as long as their is no real reason they shouldn't be involved, I see no reason why they can't be involved in the manga...
I'll concede this isn't the laziest thing he's ever done (but he has done things that are much lazier). I still think it's kinda lazy, but it's not all that harmful either. It's just sort of...there. It's not impressive, let me just say that.

Quote:
p.s. Movie 10 is not canon in the slightest...
As I recall, there was a pretty damn big deal made about it being canon. Oda supervised the production and even went so far as to make a special chapter to tie-in to it. Shiki was even referred to in the Impel Down arc.

Canon or not, Oda put much more effort into the movie than Kishi ever did for any of his.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 18:45   Link #82
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
It was refreshing to see old characters interact with each other again, especially Zbuza/Haku and Sasori/Deidara. Duno why but Zabuza/Haku small exchange made me lol about it not being an after life. However Haku looked way too feminine this time around!
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 01:52   Link #83
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i think its safe to assume that over half the characters brought back from the dead will not be seen again till after they are defeated. it would be wayyyyyy to much fighting to show it in full detail.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 08:52   Link #84
herculan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Birmingham
I don't recognize the characters that have been reused?
Could someone please pinpoint to me which characters in the manga have been seen in which specific naruto movie? There isn't a 10th naruto movie is there? and where do you see them in the movie

EDIT: Oh I found it in an earlier post haha, and I don't mind him using designs but it might be confusing for some as they played a different role in the movie then they will in here? Haven't they got some sort of background story in the movie and wouldnt tht contradict the main story?
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 11:18   Link #85
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
To get off the reused movie characters discussion, apparently people are saying that Hyuuga fodder guy has the strongest byakugan among the Hyuuga. Well at least one translation says that. Not Neji. Not Hinata. Not Hanabi. That guy.

So it will be interesting to see what Kishi does with him. He is giving his life to hold off Deidara and group only for a brief moment. Will he get a good character's death or get wasted like the Red Shirt he is? And what does that say about the byakugan? Does Kabuto have the zombies retrieve his eyes to give to Madara for a Christmas present?

And Kabuto won't kill Anko. He'll capture her since she has some value for his experiments. Her team will die though and that will satisfy the bodybag count for this war. That might be the formula for this war. Long time name character lives. Three fodder or newbie characters(Kage Summit bodyguards) die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Is he? I doubt it.
Um, Gaara is a secondary character and was the star of this past chapter. The whole point of this war is for the secondary characters to do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
But why make Shikamaru/Temari the exact same as Asuma/Kurenai and have it end in tragedy? Isn't the next generation suppose to be happy?
Masashi Kishimoto: Disappointing fangirls since 1999.
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 15:03   Link #86
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Wow Gaara going all Naruto emo-like in his speech...

Eventually Sasuke has to turn on Madara and Kabuto...I'm pretty sure he has an idea something shady is going on.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 15:28   Link #87
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Wow Gaara going all Naruto emo-like in his speech...
Gaara is emo from the beginning

Quote:
Eventually Sasuke has to turn on Madara and Kabuto...I'm pretty sure he has an idea something shady is going on.
Nah, Sasuke's mind only has one word: REVENGE!!!!!!.....
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 17:33   Link #88
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Gaara is emo from the beginning


Nah, Sasuke's mind only has one word: REVENGE!!!!!!.....
two, Revenge, and men
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 21:23   Link #89
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Eventually Sasuke has to turn on Madara and Kabuto...I'm pretty sure he has an idea something shady is going on.
He probably will turn on them wants he realizes there plans for him especially Kabuto. I mean Kabuto is the new Orichimaru now. However Kabuto likely might move into the next generation as the new Orichimaru so either Kabuto lives on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post


Nah, Sasuke's mind only has one word: REVENGE!!!!!!.....
Well that is true
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 22:46   Link #90
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Um, Gaara is a secondary character and was the star of this past chapter.
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Wow Gaara going all Naruto emo-like in his speech...
Thank you iBeast.

Quote:
The whole point of this war is for the secondary characters to do something.
Oh really? You know that for a fact?

Oh, and fighting against a bunch of fodder villains while having no real development and minimal screentime is not the same thing as "doing something."
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:26   Link #91
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Oh really? You know that for a fact?
Yeah, there is this crazy thing called logic which leads me to believe they will. You see, there are two main characters in the manga and at this point they likely won't be involved too much in the war. So therefore the secondary characters will actually get to be relevant for maybe the next year. Crazy I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Oh, and fighting against a bunch of fodder villains while having no real development and minimal screentime is not the same thing as "doing something."
What the hell do you want them to do? This is a shonen fighting manga. What manga were you reading before? Would you prefer the "doing something" be counting animal penis or a whole chapter about how a ship can sail underwater? Things are at least exciting now. If Kishi blows this, I will be the first to complain how he ruined the war. But right now I see no real complaints. You sound like you are being a contrarian for the sake of it. The Sasuke Rescue Arc was against fodder villains of no consequence and fans still wax poetic about it. At this point character development time is over. It's now about how each character uses what development they have.
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 00:24   Link #92
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
To get off the reused movie characters discussion, apparently people are saying that Hyuuga fodder guy has the strongest byakugan among the Hyuuga. Well at least one translation says that. Not Neji. Not Hinata. Not Hanabi. That guy.
That rumor I think was started in 515 and all that was said was
Spoiler:
It doesn't say that he has the strongest byakugan, but still it must be pretty strong.

I do have a theory about Kabuto and him mentioning leaving some of their personalities intact. When he mentioned that leaving some of their personalities intact can cause emotional turmoil it than goes directly Asuma, Hizashi and Dan...it could be a bit of foreshadowing
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 01:01   Link #93
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Yeah, there is this crazy thing called logic which leads me to believe they will. You see, there are two main characters in the manga and at this point they likely won't be involved too much in the war. So therefore the secondary characters will actually get to be relevant for maybe the next year. Crazy I know.
Ah, you are correct. Logic. Let me give that a whirl:

Kishi has completely ignored most of the secondary characters throughout part II (particularly the Konoha rookies) and given them minimal screentime and pretty much zero development. This trend leads me to believe that the same thing will happen during the final arc.

But hey, I could be wrong.

Quote:
What the hell do you want them to do? This is a shonen fighting manga. What manga were you reading before? Would you prefer the "doing something" be counting animal penis or a whole chapter about how a ship can sail underwater? Things are at least exciting now. If Kishi blows this, I will be the first to complain how he ruined the war. But right now I see no real complaints. You sound like you are being a contrarian for the sake of it.
What I want is for them to get screentime, development, and, I know this is asking a lot, but perhaps a good number of them could get some interesting one-on-one fights? Of course, Kishi has yet to do this for any of them aside from Shikamaru, so I'm really not hopeful about it.

Quote:
The Sasuke Rescue Arc was against fodder villains of no consequence and fans still wax poetic about it. At this point character development time is over. It's now about how each character uses what development they have.
The Sound Four were not fodder villains. They were legitimately threatening villains who proved to be formiddable challenges for our heroes (so much so that three of them had to get incredibly cheap saves by the sand ninjas).

Of course, I think this dispute between us is due to a confusion of definition of terms. My definition of a fodder villain is a villain who is easily defeated, dispensable, and utterly inconsequential. Powerful villains who push the heroes to their limits, IMO, do not fit the bill.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 01:18   Link #94
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^
Quote:
Of course, I think this dispute between us is due to a confusion of definition of terms. My definition of a fodder villain is a villain who is easily defeated, dispensable, and utterly inconsequential. Powerful villains who push the heroes to their limits, IMO, do not fit the bill.
By that logic, any and all of the Zombies will not be cannon fodder as so long as they do not fight Naruto or Sasuke (considering those two will wipe the floor with and Zombie (save for the top level Zombies (Itachi, etc))).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 01:25   Link #95
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
Age: 21
@Nobodyman9 I'm sorry, but I'm getting rather tired of this sub-forum being filled up with your complaining. You act like you know what you're talking about, but your original point seemed to be lost long ago.

Now, I see some valid points in some of your arguments, but, quite frankly, I think it's mostly a load of bull. However, I respect your need to vent, so I won't result to insults. I just wanted to let you know that this game that you're playing is becoming tiresome, for me at least. And, I wish you would just suck it up, at least until there is more reason for this unnecessary fuming, or just leave the manga altogether. You've already admitted to finding it detestable, so I say that if all you can do is complain about it, just leave this forum to those who actually still enjoy Kishi's writing.

I'm not a very angry person, but I can be if I'm pushed enough.

Also, as an afternote, I just wanted to ask how exactly you know that the new ninja zombies presented won't take a cue from the sound four, and be powerful enough to keep our heroes on their toes? It might not be in those one-on-one battles you want, but it can definitely still work with teams of 3 or more. Just putting that out there.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 02:00   Link #96
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
@Nobody, your complaining is seriously irrelevant. You complain that the rookies aren't going to get development, you complain that they won't get screentime in this war. You don't know this, it is speculation.You don't know how Kishi will handle this war, and your argument, saying that Kishi part I and Kishi part II are entirely different, is a misnomer. You're taking what's bad from the manga and ignoring the good parts, just because it fits your narrative.

If you have to take a dump on everyone who actually like these chapters for the very reasons (Giving the secondary/tertiary teams screentime and putting Naruto/Sasuke on the sidelines) you've been criticizing the author, then you probably don't want to have a conversation, and like Sharfan said, you're tiresome to those of us who do want to talk seriously about the chapter.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 02:06   Link #97
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^

By that logic, any and all of the Zombies will not be cannon fodder as so long as they do not fight Naruto or Sasuke (considering those two will wipe the floor with and Zombie (save for the top level Zombies (Itachi, etc))).
When I say fodder villains, I'm mainly talking about the naked Zetsu clones. Heck, maybe even some of the zombie villains could be fodder. Now let's assume some of the zombies do prove to be a legitimate challenge: either they'll overwhelm the secondary cast and Naruto will have to save them (which would be extremely cheap and aggravating) or they could have legitimately interesting one-on-one or two or three-on-one battles, in which the heroes would inevitably prevail. The latter option would, without a doubt, be the best choice.

The reason I do not think Kishi is going to do this is that he has not given any interesting or meaningful fights for the majority of the secondary cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
@Nobodyman9 I'm sorry, but I'm getting rather tired of this sub-forum being filled up with your complaining. You act like you know what you're talking about, but your original point seemed to be lost long ago.

Now, I see some valid points in some of your arguments, but, quite frankly, I think it's mostly a load of bull. However, I respect your need to vent, so I won't result to insults. I just wanted to let you know that this game that you're playing is becoming tiresome, for me at least. And, I wish you would just suck it up, at least until there is more reason for this unnecessary fuming, or just leave the manga altogether. You've already admitted to finding it detestable, so I say that if all you can do is complain about it, just leave this forum to those who actually still enjoy Kishi's writing.

I'm not a very angry person, but I can be if I'm pushed enough.

Also, as an afternote, I just wanted to ask how exactly you know that the new ninja zombies presented won't take a cue from the sound four, and be powerful enough to keep our heroes on their toes? It might not be in those one-on-one battles you want, but it can definitely still work with teams of 3 or more. Just putting that out there.
This is what baffles me the most is that people can actually still enjoy Kishi's writing overall. I'll admit he has a good chapter every now and then, but the entirety of part II has been absolutely dreadful. What on earth do you people see in his writing?

What is so compelling about Naruto's homo-erotic obsession with Sasuke? What was so compelling about Team Gai fighting clones of themselves? What is so compelling about Sai? What was so compelling about the anticlimactic death of Orochimaru? What was so compelling about Kishi's hastily thrown together, last mintue final duel between Guy and Kisame? What was so compelling about Sakura underhandedly knocking out Lee and Kiba? What in god's green earth was so compelling about Sasuke vs. Itachi? What is so compelling about armadillo penis?

Surely you people can't be blind to the fact that he's completely ignored the Konoha rookies? (and no, giving them occasional screentime for some meaningless purpose does not mean he gives a flying fudge about them). You all ask me why I think the secondary characters won't get to do anything meaningful during this arc, but what I want to know is why any of you think, given the amount of attention Kishi's given them over the last few years, they will do anything meaningful.

As for your question about the zombies, I answered it in my response to james' post.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 03:07   Link #98
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
What is so compelling about Naruto's homo-erotic obsession with Sasuke? What was so compelling about Team Gai fighting clones of themselves? What is so compelling about Sai? What was so compelling about the anticlimactic death of Orochimaru? What was so compelling about Kishi's hastily thrown together, last mintue final duel between Guy and Kisame? What was so compelling about Sakura underhandedly knocking out Lee and Kiba? What in god's green earth was so compelling about Sasuke vs. Itachi? What is so compelling about armadillo penis?
Naruto's obsession with Sasuke isn't new, it's part I old. Team Gai fighting clones of themselves wasn't covered, but their first fight against Kisame was pretty good and we got to see some gates being opened.
Sai doesn't have anything compelling, he was meant to be emotionless, a victim of 'root'. I liked Kishi's introduction of Danzou and I liked the concept of Shadow Operations taking place behind the Hokage's back. Namely, I liked the underhanded politics that Sai was a member of.
The anticlimactic death of Orochimaru? That's debatable. I liked the symbolism there. Itachi wanted to get rid of Orochimaru and he used the sword of Totsuka.
Quote:
The Totsuka Sword is the sword used by the god Susanoo to slay the eight-headed and eight-tailed snake, Yamata no Orochi, just like it was used by Itachi's Susanoo to defeat Orochimaru's Eight Branches Technique (八岐の術, Yamata no Jutsu).
I liked the dynamism of Gai vs Kisame. The flying across the island, summoning his turtle just as a jumping platform. Their ridiculously large jutsu was only topped by the very underhanded trick Kisame resorted to: Classic ninja traps.
Sakura knocking out Lee and Kiba to me was also incredibly dumb and it wasn't something I liked. It seemed completely in character, however. Especially after the guilt trip she got from Sai/Shikamaru.
Sasuke vs Itachi, for a lack of a better word, was freaking awesome. I don't get how it can even feature in your argument. We got a buttload of plot exposition, jutsus, trumpcards, traps and tactics. The forehead poke was the defining moment of the fight. As much as I don't care for Sasuke, the fight was one of the most plot-rich moments of part II.

Quote:
Surely you people can't be blind to the fact that he's completely ignored the Konoha rookies? (and no, giving them occasional screentime for some meaningless purpose does not mean he gives a flying fudge about them).
Whether or not he's ignored them (And he didn't give any of them any meaningful development except for Hinata/Shikamaru.) doesn't mean he won't. That's like not believing in change. Kishi changed from part I to part II, what's to say he won't go back to catering for his fanbase? I'm not expecting part I development, part II has clearly changed focus, but to say that they won't get any screentime/development at all, to me that's just too much of a stretch.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 03:49   Link #99
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Sasuke vs Itachi, for a lack of a better word, was freaking awesome.
And this is the point where I officially stop caring.

Arrivederci.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 04:58   Link #100
tarachi
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Too bad to those who don't like it....

I wonder how much battle will happen. I hope it is detailed and varied. Air to air, ground to ground, air to ground battle. Also combo from different ninjas.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.