AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-13, 09:09   Link #541
HeavensMachine

Ok, before I go crazy. Hi wingzerosnuggles, I'm the fangirl who wrote you a message in YouTube just recently. I'll be writing back soon--not that you need to know that, but I just want to let you know that I intend on writing back, I really appreciated your long reply. Thank you.

I'm not supposed to be on the internet right now because I have exams and assignments due next week (the reason why I haven't written back yet to you wingzerosnuggles) BUT Gundam Wing just makes me lose all my rationale that instead of doing my dumb thesis due on Wednesday, I still chose to register here JUST to be able to write on this thread. Sorry that's my rant. Sorry sorry sorry.

BUT I'M JUST FUCKING DEVASTATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One moment I'm reading it's unsure whether Relena is alive or dead. Then the next thing I know Heero was revived just to kill her?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm sick of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sumisawa is retarded!!!!!!!!!!! How could you do this, you bastard!!!!!!!

I've read the summaries. To those who wrote it I love you with all my heart but can you go through more details on the summary. Ehhh?? Summary + more details = not really a summary eh?

FT is ruining my post Endless Waltz fantasy. And what the hell 00's AOTTB's ending!!!!! Marina an old lady and Setsuna going back to visit her yadda yadda... what the hell is this?!?!?!?!?!?! Is Sumisawa trying to do the same thing to Relena and Heero?!?!?!?!?! First these creators ruin SEED with SEED Destiny. Then they ruin (depending on your POV, I'm stating this depending on mine) 00 because of Season 2 and the weird ass movie and now they're doing it to Gundam Wing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I admit, there are times that I wish they'd resurrect Wing but don't ruin it!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather have other fans label it as "dead and gone" than "is back and gay ass"!! Sumisawa I hate you with every fibre of my being!!!!!!!!! Get your crap together and straighten this up!!!!!!!! Man if I had millions of dollars I'd buy Gundam Wing off of you people so that you don't ruin it!!!!!!!!

*sigh* Not that he's ever gonna read this. I just had to let it out. Sorry guys. I've been reading this thread for weeks and other stuff about FT and it's tortured me like hell. Now I just want to ventilate and let everything out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't say mean things to me. I'm not dissing anyone except Sumisawa. Thanks guys.

Last edited by HeavensMachine; 2010-12-02 at 04:44. Reason: So many bad words. I had to remove some of them. Sorry guys I just lost it. Won't happen again. I hope. =P
HeavensMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 09:16   Link #542
HeavensMachine

And another thing, Heero's past is revealed?!?!?!?! And not just his, but most of the other characters'. Mann why do this now?! Isn't it the whole mystery about the characters in Gundam Wing the series one of the reasons why it was so interesting!! The fact that very little is known about the characters makes the fans scream for more and crave for it! And one of the main reasons why fans write about Wing!!!!!!! I mean, seriously, the anime with the MOST fan fictions in fanfiction.net (40,000+).

The whole mystery thing makes them interesting and now screw me he's giving it all out as if he were a girlscout with a box of nasty cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's overdoing it!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like he was so bored then one day woke up and took it all out on Wing with all these random crazy ideas and just went "Ooh, whataman, I'll resurrect Gundam Wing with all this shit!"

Last edited by HeavensMachine; 2010-11-13 at 22:14. Reason: Same as above
Old 2010-11-13, 09:30   Link #543
wingzerosnuggles

I know FT is a bit rageworthy but thinking of it as AU kinda solves the problem. I don't subscribe to it in my head!canon when I write fic so I don't really care too much about it. Just enjoying the trainwreck. As for 00, that one's Mizushima and Kuroda's fault. Sumisawa had no involvement with that though it does make me wonder if there's something in the water at Sunrise. *shrugs* I never cared for SEED so I don't really care what happens with that.

Just don't consider FT canon. Besides, the canon status of all novels in Gundam are doubtful unless they get animated. If it's any consolation, Sumisawa wrote the EW manga ending and Heero ended up as Relena's bodyguard in that one so (and your mileage may vary) his writing isn't all bad. For all we know, this is some weird Inception-y plot where it's all just a dream. After all, the ZERO system is being heavily used in those glasses of Kathy's.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 09:44   Link #544
HeavensMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
I know FT is a bit rageworthy but thinking of it as AU kinda solves the problem. I don't subscribe to it in my head!canon when I write fic so I don't really care too much about it. Just enjoying the trainwreck. As for 00, that one's Mizushima and Kuroda's fault. Sumisawa had no involvement with that though it does make me wonder if there's something in the water at Sunrise. *shrugs* I never cared for SEED so I don't really care what happens with that.

Just don't consider FT canon. Besides, the canon status of all novels in Gundam are doubtful unless they get animated. If it's any consolation, Sumisawa wrote the EW manga ending and Heero ended up as Relena's bodyguard in that one so (and your mileage may vary) his writing isn't all bad. For all we know, this is some weird Inception-y plot where it's all just a dream. After all, the ZERO system is being heavily used in those glasses of Kathy's.
Yeah man I don't care about SEED either. And I know they're all written by different people. I'm just pointing out how a sequel can make or break an awesome story. I hate SEED and SEED Destiny and gave up on 00. But if this ruins Wing for me, I can't just shake it off like how I did with SEED Destiny and 00. I was 12 when I became a fan and I never stopped. And I don't think I ever will. Because I don't want to. And I hope I will never want to. But the thing is, Sumisawa is the head writer of Gundam Wing so he owns the characters (owns, in the sense that they were his idea, or are they?). And the fact that he was the head writer and now he is writing this, whether people consider it canon or not, it has an effect on me.

1xR did get together in the end of EW manga then again, in Episode Zero, which is canon in my opinion considering it was meant to be animated, negates this ending.

Gundam Wing is the love of my life and it's overly frustrating to have it suddenly resurface with all these disappointing twists.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:12   Link #545
HeavensMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
I have read most of this thread and the discussions, on here and I'm really not liking where this Frozen Teardrop is going at all. From what I have gathered so far...
-Heero has been frozen all this time and still looks the same age as before
-Traze is now officially related to the original Heero Yui.
-Traze's mom is written like some lame female character from a cheesy romance novel (AKA Twilight)
-Dorthy is President and people don't seem to like her
-Duo has a son that looks like his clone and is a pain in the ass
-Hildi may or may not be the mother but it's most likely that the mother is dead anyway.
AND THE WORST PART!
-Relena is either dead or alive and an old lady

Seriously, what the hell is this!? This is not the story I fell in love with and respected. It's like a story written by some horrid fangirl or an idiot who doesn't know the characters. This whole thing feels like an attempt to kill all the shipping but judging from this all the ridiculous fanart on Pivixi, Katsuyuki Sumisawa has only managed to fan the yaoi flames even further; instead of Heero x Duo shipping now they'll just transfer the ship shit to Jr. Thats just what this sires needed, more yaoi bait. Whats worst is that whatever the outcome, it seems that Heero and Relena never got their day in the sun and never will. All those undertones, long glances, symbolism, and a off panel kiss scene, seemed to have meant nothing. They just seemed to have thrown it all away and split them up for no reason. I'm so fucking outraged I can't believe it.

Are you talking about Relena? If so then there is nothing in preventer 5 supporting the idea that she "Let him go" at all. I have it right here and I just read it again to make sure. There is no reason to suggest that she doesn't still have feelings for Heero.

This is true but Katsuyuki Sumisawa doesn't need to give them anymore ammunition either (which is what he just did) Duo is too old to have sexual relations now and Relena seems permanently out of the picture, so that only leaves fucking Jr for Heero to shack up with. I love this sires and it does bother me when the creators try to revive my favorite show with some badly written squeal that basically flies in the face of it's original and gives a reason for retarded yaoi shipping to exist.
That was beautiful.

I respect yaoi fans. I'm a 1xR shipper but I do respect them for what they like. Even though some of them won't respect me for what I like. I don't care.

BUT I'm with you on the rage. I didn't laugh and point at 1x2 fans when they got devastated after seeing the almost-kiss scene of 1xR in BT. And I could imagine how bad they felt seeing BT sinks 1x2 or other yaoi pairing. So it's the same thing for us 1xR fans I guess. Because FT kind of sinks the whole 1xR craze and gives more reason for yaoi fans to ridicule us.

I never understood how they could be so mean. Like cross-the-line kind of mean. Seriously, call me overly dramatic but it hurts when your favourite loveteam gets bashed by fellow fans of the same series.

Last edited by HeavensMachine; 2010-11-13 at 11:02.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:27   Link #546
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Oh good lord, take a freaking chill pill HeavensMachine.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 10:30   Link #547
HeavensMachine

LOL I just realized.

I'm not very bright you see. So...

After reading that apparently Kathy commented on how the capsule looks like Relena, that was pretty sneaky of Sumisawa. I guess I'd now interpret that as Heero is not the Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora. It's Relena--well not really Relena, but the capsule itself because it's a model of a female sleeping. Surely Sumisawa wasn't retarded enough after all to refer to Heero as a princess. You wake up Sleeping Beauty (which actually means open the capsule) so that it releases the content (which is Heero).

Oh yeah, wingzerosnuggles, sorry I can't help but perv a little on one of your posts. "Designed it to look like Relena so that Heero will remain inside her for 30 years." INSIDE HER? LOL

Interpreting it this way is the only highlight of this novel so far.

So I'll just convince myself that this is the case so I that won't feel worse than I already do.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:38   Link #548
HeavensMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
LOL will do. Told you Gundam Wing makes me lose it.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:52   Link #549
wingzerosnuggles

@HeavensMachine Preventer 5 from Episode Zero is far from canon considering its unfinished status. I just ignore it, and subscribe to the ending I like. You can pick and choose your head!canon anyway. If FT's not to your liking, just ignore it.

And 1xR isn't sunk yet. If anything, things are looking up considering the picture flashed hints that she may not have aged. Compare that to Duo being elderly, widowed with a son and having become a priest. That's not just sunk. That's sunk and buried in the deepest point in the ocean. I'm just saying...

Besides, the capsule looking like her has to be somehow relevant. The fact that he was sorta "inside her" is a funny point.

Just relax and watch it play out. Knee-jerk rage is understandable but learning to chill helps a lot more.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:57   Link #550
HeavensMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
@HeavensMachine Preventer 5 from Episode Zero is far from canon considering its unfinished status. I just ignore it, and subscribe to the ending I like. You can pick and choose your head!canon anyway. If FT's not to your liking, just ignore it.

And 1xR isn't sunk yet. If anything, things are looking up considering the picture flashed hints that she may not have aged. Compare that to Duo being elderly, widowed with a son and having become a priest. That's not just sunk. That's sunk and buried in the deepest point in the ocean. I'm just saying...

Besides, the capsule looking like her has to be somehow relevant. The fact that he was sorta "inside her" is a funny point.

Just relax and watch it play out. Knee-jerk rage is understandable but learning to chill helps a lot more.
*deep breaths* Ok. Will TRY to chill. LOL. I don't know how you do it. The moment I found out about those stuff I just snapped and lost all my cool.

Anyway. Thanks man. Talking to you once again has calmed me down. Cheers.
Old 2010-11-13, 15:11   Link #551
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
This. For the love of god.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 22:24   Link #552
HeavensMachine

Wait. Odin Lowe and Aoi Clark, right?

So does this mean Heero's got caucasian blood? Aoi Clark--ok, Aoi, that sounds Japanese. But Odin Lowe... hmmm.

He must have caucasian blood. I mean blue eyes? And brown hair...
Old 2010-11-13, 22:58   Link #553
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensMachine View Post
Wait. Odin Lowe and Aoi Clark, right?

So does this mean Heero's got caucasian blood? Aoi Clark--ok, Aoi, that sounds Japanese. But Odin Lowe... hmmm.

He must have caucasian blood. I mean blue eyes? And brown hair...
I don't think ethnicity is really a big deal in Gundam Wing personally. I mean in most anime/manga you have clearly Japanese characters but there physical appearance tends not to appear Japanese (Hair color kinds of gives it away), Therefore it is up to their name and cultural/social behavior to show their ethnicity/nationality. And there was never anything Heero did that gave the impression that he was distinctly Japanese (to me of course, to each his/her own).

It could be that Sumisawa is taking a page from Gundam 00 in which Setsuna ( a pretty big Heero expy) is actually from the middle east and somehow passes as Japanese to others solely by his name.

Not that there is anything wrong with the characters having a distinct ethnic background. Little details help enrich the world of the story and attract people to characters, I fucking love details. I'm just saying that Heero not actually being Japanese is not as bad as say Trowa walking in and being a woman for some reason.
Obsidiandagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 00:36   Link #554
HeavensMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiandagger View Post
I don't think ethnicity is really a big deal in Gundam Wing personally. I mean in most anime/manga you have clearly Japanese characters but there physical appearance tends not to appear Japanese (Hair color kinds of gives it away), Therefore it is up to their name and cultural/social behavior to show their ethnicity/nationality. And there was never anything Heero did that gave the impression that he was distinctly Japanese (to me of course, to each his/her own).

It could be that Sumisawa is taking a page from Gundam 00 in which Setsuna ( a pretty big Heero expy) is actually from the middle east and somehow passes as Japanese to others solely by his name.

Not that there is anything wrong with the characters having a distinct ethnic background. Little details help enrich the world of the story and attract people to characters, I fucking love details. I'm just saying that Heero not actually being Japanese is not as bad as say Trowa walking in and being a woman for some reason.
I agree. Many anime characters have caucasian features and yet they're Japanese. BUT then there are certain anime which anime characters have strange hair colors but you realize these colors just represent a natural hair color counterpart in reality. Like the ever famous pink hair, some anime characters have pink hair but it's actually representing strawberry blonde (Christine from the anime UFO Baby has pink hair, and yet she pointed out how she always got bullied because she was a redhead). In Rurouni Kenshin, the prominent chicks have black hair. But for the sake of variation, their black hair have green or blue gloss. But nevertheless, it's representing black.

I like to believe GW is one of those anime. Like Noin's hair is this shade of really dark blue, but we all know it's actually black. I'm guessing this is the case so that you can distinguish a caucasian having a black hair from an asian (Wu Fei) having a black hair.

Either way, you're still right. It's not a big deal. I guess it just nagged at me because this is GW, so I'm making every little detail such a fuss. Coz I noticed that GW has realistic character designs (compared to SEED and 00--pink hair, green hair, purple hair, etc), with the exception of Dorothy's eyebrows of course and the sciencey alterations of the Gundam scientists' bodies.

Wu Fei is Chinese and he's drawn with Chinese features. Quatre is Arabian but he has blonde hair and green or blue (???) eyes. They said this is due to the fact that he is also of Berber heritage (Raberba). So Heero being Japanese but has brown hair and blue eyes, I thought it has to have some explanation. Otherwise, he should look a bit like Wu Fei.
Old 2010-11-14, 00:46   Link #555
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I didn't check the thread all day, come back and people are losing their minds.
Old 2010-11-14, 01:27   Link #556
gundamnedgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensMachine View Post
Ok, before I go crazy. Hi wingzerosnuggles, it's theletter13th here, the fangirl who wrote you a message in YouTube. I'll be writing back soon--not that you need to know that, but I just want to let you know that I intend on writing back, I really appreciated your long reply. Thank you.

I'm not supposed to be on the internet right now because I have exams and assignments due next week (the reason why I haven't written back yet to you wingzerosnuggles) BUT Gundam Wing just makes me lose all my rationale that instead of doing my dumb thesis due on Wednesday, I still chose to register here JUST to be able to write on this thread. Sorry that's my rant. Sorry sorry sorry.

BUT I'M JUST FUCKING DEVASTATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One moment I'm reading it's unsure whether Relena is alive or dead. Then the next thing I know Heero was revived just to kill her?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm sick of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sumisawa is retarded!!!!!!!!!!! How could you do this, you bastard!!!!!!!

I've read the summaries. To those who wrote it I love you with all my heart but can you go through more details on the summary. Ehhh?? Summary + more details = not really a summary eh?

FT is ruining my post Endless Waltz fantasy. And what the hell 00's AOTTB's ending!!!!! Marina an old lady and Setsuna going back to visit her yadda yadda... what the hell is this?!?!?!?!?!?! Is Sumisawa trying to do the same thing to Relena and Heero?!?!?!?!?! First these creators ruin SEED with SEED Destiny. Then they ruin (depending on your POV, I'm stating this depending on mine) 00 because of Season 2 and the weird ass movie and now they're doing it to Gundam Wing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I admit, there are times that I wish they'd resurrect Wing but don't ruin it!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather have other fans label it as "dead and gone" than "is back and gay ass"!! Sumisawa I hate you with every fibre of my being!!!!!!!!! Get your crap together and straighten this up!!!!!!!! Man if I had millions of dollars I'd buy Gundam Wing off of you people so that you don't ruin it!!!!!!!!

*sigh* Not that he's ever gonna read this. I just had to let it out. Sorry guys. I've been reading this thread for weeks and other stuff about FT and it's tortured me like hell. Now I just want to ventilate and let everything out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't say mean things to me. I'm not dissing anyone except Sumisawa. Thanks guys.
ive been reading the thread for a while now as well but now i finally joined too. this infamous novel seems to have an effect on certain fans. and that includes me haha

@heavensmachine. im a 1x3 and 4xR fan but you'll be alright dear. just laugh at it.

@wingzerosnuggles so theres a chance that she didn't age huh. im just laughing at this novel. its so unlike gundam wing! next thing we know she possesses eternal youth and she's hunted down because the villains want this. weiss kreuz much hahahahahahahahahaha
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 01:32   Link #557
gundamnedgirl03

btw wingzerosnuggles it amazes me how much devotion you dedicate for gundam wing. where do you get all this information
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 03:21   Link #558
wingzerosnuggles

Japanese fanblogs + Babelfish.

Also, fan translations on LJ.
Old 2010-11-14, 06:16   Link #559
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I didn't check the thread all day, come back and people are losing their minds.
This is why I'm glad I missed the worst of it back in '01-'05...

Anyway:

Hey Deacon, could I ask you to translate something?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...FT_capsule.jpg

In the blurb under the red headline text on this page, there's a mention about something in 'AC 130' and I'm curious to know what's going on there. If you're planning to translate the page while you do the rest of the chapter though, no worries, I can wait.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 13:56   Link #560
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Any word on Lady Une yet? As much as I would rather hear about the present rather then the past I am kind of interested to see her introduction to Treize and what made her fall for the guy so madly.
Obsidiandagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam wing