AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-12, 01:53   Link #81
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
I'm only like 30 minutes of play time into this game. But hmm, they don't try to hide the idea of there being a BW like existence in this game do they? What with the weird dates and changes in perspective.

And let me guess I'm going to discover someone with cure virus along the way?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 02:04   Link #82
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Just keep playing, you'll see. You wouldn't like it if someone spoiled Ever17 for you while you were playing that, right?

Also, after E17, I think the writers knew they couldn't pull off another BW stunt like they did that time, because everyone would be predicting it.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 05:16   Link #83
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm only like 30 minutes of play time into this game. But hmm, they don't try to hide the idea of there being a BW like existence in this game do they? What with the weird dates and changes in perspective.

And let me guess I'm going to discover someone with cure virus along the way?
Wow man, you completely lack imagination.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 05:28   Link #84
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Hey now, I was only giving a quick 30 min impression. Don't be so harsh on me .

But hey, the fun in ever17 and now this game is in not knowing eh? Though I find it frustrating how the main chars in both never seem to ask the right questions!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 07:22   Link #85
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Hey now, I was only giving a quick 30 min impression. Don't be so harsh on me .
Well, its still unimaginative. ;p
Notice the title of this game - I think its pretty clear it will have more to do with memories rather then different dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Though I find it frustrating how the main chars in both never seem to ask the right questions!
Its one of the many reasons I hate Remember11...
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 14:15   Link #86
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Its one of the many reasons I hate Remember11...
Most of those reasons seem to boil down to "because it wasn't Ever17".
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 14:52   Link #87
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Most of those reasons seem to boil down to "because it wasn't Ever17".
We shall see when "999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors" comes out. Was Ever17 just a fluke or does the person directing can really make a difference between a good game and a bad one?
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 16:28   Link #88
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
We shall see when "999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors" comes out. Was Ever17 just a fluke or does the person directing can really make a difference between a good game and a bad one?
Well, actually, it's a different director. Takumi Nakazawa was the director of Ever17, Kotaro Uchikoshi was the scenario planner. This time around, Uchikoshi's doing it on his own, but last time he wrote it alone, we got 12Riven. Well, I'm willing to see how he does.

Nakazawa, on the other hand, directed Remember11, then founded Regista, where he wrote I/O, and directed Myself;Yourself. According to his blog, though, it seems he might be announcing a new VN next year. We'll just have to wait and see.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 18:35   Link #89
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
I am of course talking about Kotaro Uchikoshi who was part of the Ever17 team but not Remember11 one. If 999 will turn out to be a success, it will clearly indicate that he is doing something that Remember11 was missing.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 18:41   Link #90
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
No, Kotaro Uchikoshi was actually part of the Remember11 team, he was just doing it under a psedonym (Hagane Tsukishio.). In fact, he was just as involved with Remember11 as he was with Ever17 (He wrote the Satoru route along with Takumi Nakazawa, and was one of the six writers of the Kokoro Route.).
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 18:46   Link #91
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
We shall see when "999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors" comes out. Was Ever17 just a fluke or does the person directing can really make a difference between a good game and a bad one?
You missed my point entirely. Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Nakazawa, on the other hand, directed Remember11, then founded Regista, where he wrote I/O, and directed Myself;Yourself. According to his blog, though, it seems he might be announcing a new VN next year. We'll just have to wait and see.
Remember11's confusing nature isn't exactly Nakazawa's fault, as that interview from a few pages back shows.

He's pretty damn good director otherwise.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 04:18   Link #92
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You missed my point entirely. Good job.
Thanks.
Unfortunately, youre point only served me as a stepping stone to what I wanted to say for some time now.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 05:18   Link #93
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Anyone knows who did the scenerio planning for R11?
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 09:54   Link #94
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Anyone knows who did the scenerio planning for R11?
There was no scenario planner. There was a project planner, Nakazawa, but not a scenario. But since Nakazawa and Uchikoshi were both the only writers to work on both routes, I'm going to say it was both of them.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 10:51   Link #95
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Looking through the jp wiki pages for the infinity series for the staff credits, seems like Nakazawa and Uchikoshi's roles for R11 is a bit different.

Spoiler for Staff List:



Disregarding 999(Since I haven't played it yet), I'm guessing that while Nakazawa is a good director(from his absence in 12R), Uchikoshi comes out with better draft, at least the story would seem complete with his draft.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 11:25   Link #96
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
No, Kotaro Uchikoshi was actually part of the Remember11 team, he was just doing it under a psedonym (Hagane Tsukishio.). In fact, he was just as involved with Remember11 as he was with Ever17 (He wrote the Satoru route along with Takumi Nakazawa, and was one of the six writers of the Kokoro Route.).
Ok, Ive done my research and I find this interesting.
I guess with my lack of knowledge about japanese language I cant confirm any facts, but from what I managed google out, it appears to me he much less involved in scenario of Rememeber11 that he was in Ever17 (maybe because, just as you say, he was using a different name). Basically I found some forum post mentioning that Uchikoshi was responsible for only delivering a part of the script for Remember11, while he was major scenario director in Ever17. This however is all only based on english information found on the internet...
Still though, there were much less people involved with the script writing for Ever17 than there were for Remember11, so if 999 will turn out to be a success, it will be safe to say that success of a game depends how much Uchikoshi was involved with it or that Ever17 was just a fluke - they had only enough imagination to create one masterpiece.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 11:28   Link #97
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Looking through the jp wiki pages for the infinity series for the staff credits, seems like Nakazawa and Uchikoshi's roles for R11 is a bit different.

Spoiler for Staff List:



Disregarding 999(Since I haven't played it yet), I'm guessing that while Nakazawa is a good director(from his absence in 12R), Uchikoshi comes out with better draft, at least the story would seem complete with his draft.
True, that does seem to be likely. The problem is that I can't tell who wrote what parts specifically, so it's really hard to judge them. I can tell when they don't write a section- for example, I translated a scene from Never7 yesterday that I can definitely tell wasn't written by them because of the writing style, but even during Satoru's Route, where they were the only writers, I can't tell one apart from the other. Perhaps when I start translating 12Riven, I'll be able to tell, or when I play I/O, written by Nakazawa and Romeo Tanaka.

Ah, and I do believe that Uchikoshi was less involved with Remember11. It's just hard to tell how much.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:57   Link #98
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Ok, Ive done my research and I find this interesting.
I guess with my lack of knowledge about japanese language I cant confirm any facts, but from what I managed google out, it appears to me he much less involved in scenario of Rememeber11 that he was in Ever17 (maybe because, just as you say, he was using a different name). Basically I found some forum post mentioning that Uchikoshi was responsible for only delivering a part of the script for Remember11, while he was major scenario director in Ever17. This however is all only based on english information found on the internet...
Still though, there were much less people involved with the script writing for Ever17 than there were for Remember11, so if 999 will turn out to be a success, it will be safe to say that success of a game depends how much Uchikoshi was involved with it or that Ever17 was just a fluke - they had only enough imagination to create one masterpiece.
999 doesn't seems to be a hit in Japan. Let's hope it might end up like The World Ends With You which is a miss in the East while a hit in the West.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 20:25   Link #99
TheForsaken
Winter is coming
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
@4as: You try so hard to find the reason why a game you don't like is so bad. But to me the reason is obvious: It's bad because you hate it.

And what is the "Ever17 was just a fluke - they had only enough imagination to create one masterpiece.", do you expect people can mass produce masterpiece?
__________________
TheForsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 03:16   Link #100
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
@4as: You try so hard to find the reason why a game you don't like is so bad. But to me the reason is obvious: It's bad because you hate it.
Erm, what? The reason I hate it because the writing sucked. I said it before and I will say it again for you now: the storytelling was a mess of inconsistencies, illogical behavior and clieche moments.
My question now is: why? Maybe perhaps they run out of money. Makes sense.
But it also seems one of the better know writers had a major role in creating Ever17 scenario but only minor one with Remember11. So now with 999 (directed by the same guy) we will see if thats the reason why quality of writing differs so much between Ever17 and Remember11.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.