AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 45 40.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 12.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-13, 12:38   Link #81
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
It's more like, "oh, this scene... Kuroko's in the bathroom tending to her wounds while talking to Mikoto about a serious issue, but she's naked, can't show these or else we'll get canned by the TV station. Let's put some lingerie on at least..." kind of impression to me now that I'm reminded of the Volume 8 illustration...

In this episode, I do notice that some of the wounds she's tending to applies to some places where she would normally not wear lingerie on top of them immediately after bandaging it.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:45   Link #82
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
No doubt the same scary type that finds Vegeta sexy; both are mass murderers who take joy in slaughtering women by the hundreds and thousands...

Makes you wonder if fangirls like that get off on fantasies of being beaten and raped by violent boyfriends....
...hey, you. What kind of person are you imagining me as? I feel insulted.

Besides the Level 6 Shift experiment, Accel has only killed people who've directly attacked him first with an intent to kill or people who really deserve it. If Last Order's theory is true, then Accel only put up a front during the experiment to try and scare the SISTERs away before he had to kill them because he knew no matter what he did the experiment would continue even if he refused to participate.

I wasn't a fan of him before Touma came in the picture, I became a fan of him when he decided to try saving someone for once and try to break free from the crappy life he's had until now. It's his incredible character development throughout the series, his dark past, his rule breaking powers, and his decisions to protect Last Order that makes him so interesting. He is not afraid to do bad things to bad people and he is not reckless with an annoyingly idealistic sense of justice like Touma and Mikoto.

Also, there's something about pairing up an ex-murderer who's trying to change with an energetic and innocent little girl that makes the Accel/LO combo so adorable. Just look at the gorgeous fanart out there, it's nearly impossible NOT to love the two.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:45   Link #83
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Groningen, Groningen
I like some service as much as the next guy, but all good thngs come in moderation.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:48   Link #84
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
I like some service as much as the next guy, but all good thngs come in moderation.
Moderation can be quite subjective though, I on the other hand was able to completely ignore that the "serious talk" was done by Kuroko while she's wearing all but bandages and underwear, but I know some others wouldn't. Well, it might not hurt getting exposed to something far worse than that I guess, because it helps you add things to your toleration level.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 13:00   Link #85
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Not having read the novels I don't see any disconnects in this episode, though I must say that even after reading the omitted parts... I still don't really see the problem. None of the scenes were that essential. Nice fluff, but really nothing that's going to 'doom this arc' as some suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
In this episode, I do notice that some of the wounds she's tending to applies to some places where she would normally not wear lingerie on top of them immediately after bandaging it.
Even fewer would put bandage on top of their lingerie though. None of the wounds we were shown were in areas where the straps connect, so it works as tasteful censoring.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 14:57   Link #86
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
And so the thick plottens!

The only thing bad about this episode was a distinct lack of Saten.

God I miss Saten...
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 15:26   Link #87
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I miss the Saten discussions we had in Railgun

This episode reminded me why I love the To-aru universe so much. How they switching between magic and science and how events are always bigger than it seems, connecting a lot of characters as the action progresses.

On a side note, that teleportation ability, while seemingly more useful than Kuroko's it only gives you an edge over her if you know she's attacking. I mean if Kuroko is the one attacking first, without being noticed she should win without a problem.
Also what was that black thing Awaki was holding? It seemed like every time she teleported something she waved it around. I guess the answer to that will be given in the future (or in the LN).

Oh and seeing accelerator again, reminded me - if Kuroko or any other teleporter faced him, how would things go? His is generally able to reflect everything, but since the object is being directly teleported in him, it would cause some damage before being "reflected" , right? And yet considering her's the strongest around, that doesn't seem to be the case...any idea how this works?

I wanted to say something about character interactions, certain scenes and etc, but I'll save it for later.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 16:14   Link #88
kyosak
poo
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Age: 25
That thing floating up in space, that's the tree diagram? Did they talk about it being destroyed after the whole MISAKA sisters ordeal in the 1st season? I don't remember much...
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 16:17   Link #89
Syntron
Shiny Hardware
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Well, to be honest i dropped Index II after ep3 because i just coudnt get into the magic side of this universe. But when i learned that a new arc on the science side was beginning with this ep...

Omg i love Index II now. Pacing was a bit off but overall very good mix of action, story and yuri ehr.. i mean character interaction. But again its sad that the episodes i like the most have nothing to do with index or touma and his harem (how many girls has he collected up till now? Can some1 bring me uptodate?). Im sure i could like these two "main" characters if index would stop beeing an annyoing loli and touma should stop going along with whatever bullshit the magic side tries to pull. Oh and he should just go out with one of his girls to make mikoto jealous. I wanna see what happens (read: i wanna see him suffer by electroexecution). hrhr... Anyway, ep06 delivers and i hope index II can stay on the science side for a while. The next time that firewizard lolinaps Index again to force touma into some magic clusterf... i drop this again.

10/10
__________________
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 16:36   Link #90
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
That thing floating up in space, that's the tree diagram? Did they talk about it being destroyed after the whole MISAKA sisters ordeal in the 1st season? I don't remember much...
Remember that satellite Index destroyed with her giant laser beam? That was Three Diagram.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 16:57   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
This episode made me fully realize that I couldn't care less about the magic side (except Kaori). Science is where it's at! Kuroko was as awesome as ever.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 17:37   Link #92
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I miss the Saten discussions we had in Railgun

This episode reminded me why I love the To-aru universe so much. How they switching between magic and science and how events are always bigger than it seems, connecting a lot of characters as the action progresses.

On a side note, that teleportation ability, while seemingly more useful than Kuroko's it only gives you an edge over her if you know she's attacking. I mean if Kuroko is the one attacking first, without being noticed she should win without a problem.
Also what was that black thing Awaki was holding? It seemed like every time she teleported something she waved it around. I guess the answer to that will be given in the future (or in the LN).

Oh and seeing accelerator again, reminded me - if Kuroko or any other teleporter faced him, how would things go? His is generally able to reflect everything, but since the object is being directly teleported in him, it would cause some damage before being "reflected" , right? And yet considering her's the strongest around, that doesn't seem to be the case...any idea how this works?

I wanted to say something about character interactions, certain scenes and etc, but I'll save it for later.
The black thing Awaki was holding was a military flashlight that she uses as a baton. I think it helps her aim when teleporting things.

Teleportation will not work on Accelerator. His AIM field will reflect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
only thing i can think of shes gliding and using her powers to glide its not like shes flying shes probably teleporting every 3 secs to the same sot so it looks like shes flying but unlike awaki she can instant teleport herself but <3 awaki is gonna kick some arse next week
However, if she was teleporting every three seconds or so, there would be a visible indication and a sound. Here, she's floating for at least 15 seconds in the air without teleporting and is totally ignoring gravity.

Oh well. I probably shouldn't think too hard about it.
__________________

Last edited by SuzushinaYuriko; 2010-11-13 at 18:00.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 18:37   Link #93
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
I really liked this episode! I wish there wer more like that!

It di feel rushed at the start with random scene changes, but later I could care less. Hope they will show in next episode what happened to Kuroko before she got back to dorms.

Was nice to see funny interection between Kuroko/Misaka. However I must admit that I liked the seriouse one more.
Also good to see Kuroko in actual action an her smart, calculative and caring side.
I like her funny/pervy side too, but wish that she would get seriouse moments like that more often.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 18:48   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely my favourite episode of the new season so far. After watching Railgun glad to see Index diving into this. Had been wondering about Accelerator since his injury in the first season. Seems he's recovering fairly well though obviously not unaffected. Needing to use the network to use his ability is some irony after he killed so many of the sisters in the first place. Still the interactions with LO were cute .

Feel for Kuroko. She got hit blindsided by another teleporter and then starts to find out there is a lot of darkness around Mikoto that she never knew about. Mikoto was trying to keep her out of it and wrap up things herself. Seems she was also trying to keep Touma out of it. Of course a teleporter would be a bad match-up for him. Especially this girl who doesn't have to touch what she is teleporting.

Next episode looks to be pretty chaotic. Still will definitely read through the novel to see what was cut out.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:18   Link #95
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
So did Railgun get a sequel and I didn't notice? Well I'm not complaining, more Biribiri = a better to aru

(also: Koroko's VA is still one of the most entertaining I've ever had the pleasure of listening to)
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:30   Link #96
Asuras
Dictadere~!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the front lines, fighting for inderpendence.
If this episode were a game of Command and Conquer 3, I can only imagine it being likened to a futile attempt at rushing several mammoth tanks within the first few minutes; in other words, it was superbly rushed and ill-explained. I recently read this arc, and remember what happened vividly. The anime did not do the great conversations and feelings justice. A two episode arc? Even worse. I am pretty disappointed, even after getting my hopes back up last episode for quality. Awaki was not portrayed as a very malevolent person, and Kuroko's problems seemed like a diluted color of it's true self.

Moan and groan. What's worse, I was hoping for this episode to make up for the epic fail that was Skyline earlier that night.
__________________
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:51   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
...hey, you. What kind of person are you imagining me as? I feel insulted.

Besides the Level 6 Shift experiment, Accel has only killed people who've directly attacked him first with an intent to kill or people who really deserve it. If Last Order's theory is true, then Accel only put up a front during the experiment to try and scare the SISTERs away before he had to kill them because he knew no matter what he did the experiment would continue even if he refused to participate.

I wasn't a fan of him before Touma came in the picture, I became a fan of him when he decided to try saving someone for once and try to break free from the crappy life he's had until now. It's his incredible character development throughout the series, his dark past, his rule breaking powers, and his decisions to protect Last Order that makes him so interesting. He is not afraid to do bad things to bad people and he is not reckless with an annoyingly idealistic sense of justice like Touma and Mikoto.

Also, there's something about pairing up an ex-murderer who's trying to change with an energetic and innocent little girl that makes the Accel/LO combo so adorable. Just look at the gorgeous fanart out there, it's nearly impossible NOT to love the two.
Errm...what? Accelerator has slaughtered more than just SISTERS and villians...remember the Skillout boss he squashed?


Nice ep btw.....next week, Awaki vs Kuroko redux...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:56   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not having read the novels I don't see any disconnects in this episode, though I must say that even after reading the omitted parts... I still don't really see the problem. None of the scenes were that essential. Nice fluff, but really nothing that's going to 'doom this arc' as some suggest.

Which is really odd because most of those parts that people wanted to see were Kuroko monologues I believe, what's there to see in a monologue?! Unless they're fans of angst then I have nothing to say

This arc was originally a character development story for a character that wasn't touch on much - this was before Railgun manga mind you - so it was meant to show how much Kuroko loves/respects Mikoto (And I don't mean in the silly way). The thing is, we already know how much Kuroko loves/respects Mikoto from the Railgun series, adding more of that just seems... Draggy, I know it did for me in the book.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 20:25   Link #99
Asuras
Dictadere~!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the front lines, fighting for inderpendence.
I could care less of the monologues; it's the feeling I got when reading that was not reflected here. It seemed unimportant and withou real desperateness the whole time.
__________________
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 20:28   Link #100
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Could be worse. In the novel, in the scene where Kuroko was bandaging herself and talking to Misaka, she was naked.
"Oh I wish I was a lesbian I wish I was a lesbian...."

BLUE-RAY!! BLUE-RAY!! BLUE-RAY!! BLUE-RAY!!
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.