AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-21, 11:29   Link #101
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The interesting thing to note is that there is a meta field special attack that can only be activated in the meta world, which would explain the 2 "versions" of a stage, with a normal one, and a "corrupted" one with purple fog and goats.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 11:32   Link #102
musouka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
Thats pretty dissapointing to be honest :/
There are CGs in the opening, so there's most likely a plot. I don't understand why people think a fighting game consists of characters, a list of special attacks, and nothing else. The premise pretty obviously has something to do with the meta world. Taking that into consideration, about the only character it's semi-surprising not to see there is Maria.

Ten characters, especially if the endings are based on who you decide to team up with, isn't bad at all.
__________________
雨の日も晴れの日も
いつの日も愛してた
それだけは 今もまだ
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 11:47   Link #103
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonozakiUshiromiya View Post
I didn't expect the stakes to be playable characters at first, (seeing how Beato can summon one of them at least and ANGE, and did they forget ep 3? Virgilia doesn't need to waste time with the goats.)but it's awesome, so I'll shut up(I just hope all of the others will get their cameos. Or better yet, Alexia's idea.) I kinda hoped that you could play as (Alexia, TY) or be assisted by all of the Siestas though, when playing as Siesta 410.


Lucifer having different hair colors covering al fo the stakes is pretty much a sure thing to happen, someone suggested getting the other stakes as headswaps of her instead of just alt palettes.

and lucifer is closely related to battler, it should be explained in tsubasa why she is the most popular stake.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 13:50   Link #104
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 25
Wouldn't surprise me if expansions showed up later which added in Chiru characters and a few others, provided this sells decently.
k//eternal is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 13:58   Link #105
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Like I figured, all the currently playable characters are from episodes 1-4.

I dunno if those "meta-world only" attacks are a very good idea, but if they manage to pull it off without breaking the game's balance then good for them.~
__________________
SilverSyko is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 14:00   Link #106
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
There are CGs in the opening, so there's most likely a plot. I don't understand why people think a fighting game consists of characters, a list of special attacks, and nothing else. The premise pretty obviously has something to do with the meta world. Taking that into consideration, about the only character it's semi-surprising not to see there is Maria.

Ten characters, especially if the endings are based on who you decide to team up with, isn't bad at all.
I'm surprised myself that Bern and Lambda aren't there either. But if it's only based on EP 1-4 that likely explains it, considering they don't play major roles in it.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 14:19   Link #107
Terras
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Ah, but what would fighting games be without secret, unlock-able characters. Every fighting game has them, and if this game does in fact follow episodes 1-4, there are a few questions to ask oneself.

Why is it that Gaap is not in but Ronove is? They both played significant fights in episode 4. You can't say because George or Jessica isn't in, because neither is in and yet Ronove is in.

Lambdadelta, alongside 00, is in the background image, as is Gaap and Sorcerer Battler. While I think the other Battler will be like an 'unlimited Battler' ala Blazblue, Gaap and Lambda are in the background, clear as day. Now, this doesn't really mean anything, but why have them there instead of known playable characters?

Furfur and Zepar are in the trailer. While I'd love to see Dlanor as a 'super secret' boss ala Neko Arc Chaos 666 from Melty Blood, I'm not sure what to think here.

tl;dr, my money is on there's gonna be a couple secret characters.
Terras is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 14:27   Link #108
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
Lambdadelta, alongside 00, is in the background image, as is Gaap and Sorcerer Battler. While I think the other Battler will be like an 'unlimited Battler' ala Blazblue, Gaap and Lambda are in the background, clear as day. Now, this doesn't really mean anything, but why have them there instead of known playable characters?
Because that's probably one of the stages and the characters are there for enviromental effect.


Quote:
Furfur and Zepar are in the trailer. While I'd love to see Dlanor as a 'super secret' boss ala Neko Arc Chaos 666 from Melty Blood, I'm not sure what to think here.
I'm expecting them to be the hosts for this game. Similar to how they were hosting the "Trial of Love" in EP6.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 14:31   Link #109
Terras
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Because that's probably one of the stages and the characters are there for enviromental effect.




I'm expecting them to be the hosts for this game. Similar to how they were hosting the "Trial of Love" in EP6.
Hmm, true. Goodness I'm reminded of my days debating Brawl characters...


But, I'm not giving up hope for a couple secret characters. All fighting games have them. Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Blazblue, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, Touhou, so frankly I don't expect anything different from this. Heck, there's 2 blank spots that give just enough room for 2 extra coffins in the character page. If they had wanted to kill the hope, they should have just lined them up in rows of 5 in my opinion.

But instead, they put 6 on top, 4 on bottom.
Terras is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 14:32   Link #110
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Inaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
Ah, but what would fighting games be without secret, unlock-able characters.
*Looks at BlazBlue and Arcana Heart*

They would be Awesome Fighting Games?
catastrophe8 is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 14:33   Link #111
Terras
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
*Looks at BlazBlue and Arcana Heart*

They would be Awesome Fighting Games?
Blazblue has secret characters. At least, Continuum Shift has Mu.

And if you want to get technical, in the original arcade version of CT, Hakumen and Nu were also secret bosses. They were characters you couldn't normally play as until a patch or something.
Terras is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 15:17   Link #112
Sheep_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
So, is this going to be voiced or no?
I keep hearing that there's going to be voice work for it.
Sheep_ is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 15:18   Link #113
Terras
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
So, is this going to be voiced or no?
I keep hearing that there's going to be voice work for it.
I heard that there would be, though I'm not sure if my sources were correct.
Terras is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 15:22   Link #114
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Ryukishi stated in his diary that he wanted ato do a lot of things with OMK, mentioning especially net feature and voice acting.
However, while these were things he wanted to be included, there is nothing that would confirm their presence or not.

That said, it is definitely encouraging, so we can't do anything but wait for trailers and whatnot.
Please remember they still managed to get every voice actors of Higurashi for Daybreak, despite it had more characters for its first release while When They Cry franchise was arguably less popular at that time.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 15:23   Link #115
Terras
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
On the topic of secret characters, I know it's a wee bit pointless thinking about it right now, seeing as there's nothing really to confirm or deny we're getting any, but, if we were to get 2 secret characters, who would you guys want?

My money is on Gaap and MARIA if we get any, seeing as how the cast seems strictly Eps 1-4.
Terras is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 16:25   Link #116
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Strange to not have George and Jessica in the game, after all their kung fu in EP4

At the time EP4 was released, I remember some people commenting Ryukishi might have written all that with a future fighting game in mind
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 16:27   Link #117
Terras
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Strange to not have George and Jessica in the game, after all their kung fu in EP4
I was thinking the same thing, but in my opinion, they showed even more in episode 6. Methinks if there's a game that includes Chiru, they'll be in for sure.

Still worried about Gaap though...
Terras is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 16:37   Link #118
Endless_Witch_Nipah
BeaBato <3
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Poland
Send a message via MSN to Endless_Witch_Nipah
I hope for BATTLER or something D:

in one stage is a Battler Sorcerer Portrait so...
__________________
Endless_Witch_Nipah is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 16:40   Link #119
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
On the topic of secret characters, I know it's a wee bit pointless thinking about it right now, seeing as there's nothing really to confirm or deny we're getting any, but, if we were to get 2 secret characters, who would you guys want?

My money is on Gaap and MARIA if we get any, seeing as how the cast seems strictly Eps 1-4.
I don't see why people think Gaap would be a character. Ronove and Virgilia play major roles in both EP 3 and 4, while Gaap is considerably more minor compared to them.

MARIA I can definitely see being a character though. If I had to pick a second it would be either Bern, Lambda, Jessica or George. Maybe if the game wants to hint at a sequel with Chiru characters they might put in Erika.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2010-11-21, 16:44   Link #120
Terras
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I don't see why people think Gaap would be a character. Ronove and Virgilia play major roles in both EP 3 and 4, while Gaap is considerably more minor compared to them.

MARIA I can definitely see being a character though. If I had to pick a second it would be either Bern, Lambda, Jessica or George. Maybe if the game wants to hint at a sequel with Chiru characters they might put in Erika.
Mostly I say Gaap because Gaap has a fairly well established fighting style. Granted, Umineko is story driven, but it isn't something to look over. Besides, we have Beato, Virgilia, Lucifer and Ronove... why not finish Beato's group of friends pre-episode 6? I can't see them putting in George or Jessica though without the other. They both debuted their powers in Episode 4 at roughly the same time, and the same can be said about their appearance in Episode 6.

Bern and Lambda.... Well, I haven't played past Episode 6 yet, so I'm not sure.


I'm all for someone like Erika or Dlanor though.
Terras is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.