AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-22, 04:58   Link #1961
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
It's just a normal scene for a couple. There are many scenes like that in GSD which show us their love for each other.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 05:45   Link #1962
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Isn't that scene dead normal..?

A girl takes you shopping and you pass random comments at whatever she is wearing? Any normal girl would of course get pissed. Says nothing about love or attraction, it's just NORMAL.

In fact, if anything, the fact that Lacus never asked for Athrun's opinion shows you something, only Kira's opinion matters to her.
That's the point. It's a blatantly standard romance anime scene, between two people who are very much in love, and yet somehow it's not because aeriolewinters says so? Huh?

She had to be joking, I hope.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 07:32   Link #1963
Thousand Mistress
#1 Dio fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sky Pirates Tribe
Age: 20
Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress Send a message via Skype™ to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Even if Fllay survived, it wouldn't have done jack-shit to Lacus and Kira's relationship. Near the end of SEED, Kira mistook Lacus for Fllay after he just got shot down in Freedom, and this is him on a fragile moment, and the fact that he can mistake those two girls can mean two very different things:

- He still loves Fllay, and he's hallucinating
- He already sees Lacus as a replacement for Fllay.

Hell, even when finally Rau shoots Fllay to oblivion, Kira didn't have a flashback on his memories with her, he flashbacked on the people he had failed to protect. In the end, that is just what Fllay is, someone he cared who he failed to protect. Cared, not loved.

And psch, didn't Kira bluntly tell Fllay that he doesn't want to pursue their relationship further?
Yeah, but Kira sure was guilty that he didn't even get to save Fllay, or even thank her for being there, watching him. It is a fragile moment indeed.

Speaking of Fllay's shuttle being shot down by the Providence, Rau's true purpose for that was to make Kira mad at him, right? But obviously, Rau is one heck of a coward. Why try to kill a girl when he can confront Kira directly...?

Seeing Kira go berserk when Rau killed Fllay and seeing her soul afterwards, that means he didn't realize that he loved Fllay before he met Lacus. Even though he knew that he was being manipulated (I'm sure he does know), he still chose to be with her out of sadness and loneliness.

If we were in Kira's place we would have felt the same, haven't we?

Seeing the person whom we valued and loved getting killed in front of us without giving ourselves a chance to talk to them.
__________________
Thousand Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 07:41   Link #1964
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Hell, even when finally Rau shoots Fllay to oblivion, Kira didn't have a flashback on his memories with her, he flashbacked on the people he had failed to protect. In the end, that is just what Fllay is, someone he cared who he failed to protect. Cared, not loved.
Um, review the scene. I'm sure you're practically/conviniently forgetting the fact that logical progression has been at work here. Surely the flashbacks have been from least connected to really close. Deny all you want, but Kira's let out more emotion during Fllay's death than any other scene in Destiny. Athrun had to literally go on a speech on how Lacus is important before Kira got to the Eternal's rescue. In contrast, the moment Kira knew Fllay was in that shuttle, he rushed to it. So I'm not sure where you're getting.

Quote:
And psch, didn't Kira bluntly tell Fllay that he doesn't want to pursue their relationship further?
Oh, lol that was before they were separated from each other, physically. The moment Kira heard Fllay's voice eminating from the escape pod, he was already trying to rescue Fllay.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 07:52   Link #1965
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Athrun had to literally go on a speech on how Lacus is important before Kira got to the Eternal's rescue.
It's funny how you forget that Kira made a promise to Lacus to not leave the Archangel for her.

Flay's death prove absolutely nothing. Kira made a promise with her : He will protect her no matter what and prtect his friend no matter what. Before her detah, Tolle was killed and then after that and after everything, Flay died too. So I think it's perfectly understanble for him to act this way without being in love with her.

About the relationship between him and Lacus, I think one of the scene that make you understand how much they love each other is at the end of the SE4 when Kira and Lacus run into each other arm




Another scene that I really love :




It shows you how much Kira suffered because of this war

Daman, now I want to rerererererere watch Seed

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2010-11-22 at 08:02.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 07:58   Link #1966
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Flay's death prove absolutely nothing. Kira made a promise with her : He will protect her no matter what and prtect his friend no matter what. Before her detah, Tolle was killed and then after that and after everything, Flay died too. So I think it's perfectly understanble for him to act this way without being in love with her.
Logical progression:
Acquaintances--->Best Friend----->Girlfriend

understand the concept. Maybe you'll find out how Rau died that day.

Quote:
About the relationship between and Lacus, I think one of the scene that make you understand how much they love each other is at the end of the SE4 when Kira and Lacus run into each other arm
Does that go with an X-Mo version too? Seriously? Really? Really?

Quote:
It's funny how you forget that Kira made a promise to Lacus to not leave the Archangel for her.
Yeah, the same way that Kaoru promised Kenshin that she'd never follow him to Edo... suuuuure.
__________________
Mercury Lampe

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2010-11-22 at 08:14.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 08:25   Link #1967
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Logical progression:
Acquaintances--->Best Friend----->Girlfriend

understand the concept. Maybe you'll find out how Rau died that day.
So you're saying than even if the relationship chart is not agrred with you, even if we're not agreed with you, you're right and we're all wrong ? Just because you have your own view on something doesn't make it's right. Futhermore since it's official that Kira does not love Flay in seed, I don't see the point for you for trying to convince us that's the case.

Quote:
Does that go with an X-Mo version too? Seriously? Really? Really?
What X-Mo means ?


Quote:
Yeah, the same way that Kaoru promised Kenshin that she'd never follow him to Edo... suuuuure.
So because Kaoru, who is not the same charcater, did that means that Kira should do that too ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 08:36   Link #1968
Thousand Mistress
#1 Dio fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sky Pirates Tribe
Age: 20
Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress Send a message via Skype™ to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
So you're saying than even if the relationship chart is not agrred with you, even if we're not agreed with you, you're right and we're all wrong ? Just because you have your own view on something doesn't make it's right. Futhermore since it's official that Kira does not love Flay in seed, I don't see the point for you for trying to convince us that's the case.
This.

No matter how you say it, from best friend to girlfriend is still possible, depending on how deep the relationship is.

Yes, Kira didn't love Fllay back in Seed, but that isn't the case here. The case is Fllay fell in love with Kira accidentally, no, more like she manipulated him before she realized that she loved him.

Obviously, it was okay for Fllay for Kira not to love her back, because she knows she deserves it for all the troubles and hardships she had made Kira into.
__________________
Thousand Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:11   Link #1969
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Futhermore since it's official that Kira does not love Flay in seed, I don't see the point for you for trying to convince us that's the case.
Trying to hide in technicality can only get you far. It is stated in the official handbook so that you forget about the detail. Are you telling me that a war journal written by the victors of the war would speak of their enemies in a positive light? Just because something is written by someone and it is 'official', does not mean that you should look at it like the bible. Look at how many fundamentalist christians have died just because they treated the bible and what was written there, literally. Also keep in mind how the Catholic church has maintained its grip on power. They bend the truth to their whim. This is the same thing, only happening with Fukuda's staff. They see that Fllay doesn't really bode well with the KxL crowd, so they try do everything that is possible to discredit Fllay's relationship with Kira, because they want to keep the fanbase, instead of telling a story. Look at where it got them, now the production is a mess, with no definite moment that the movie will be shown.

In the end, it is what is in the show that counts.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:25   Link #1970
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Trying to hide in technicality can only get you far. It is stated in the official handbook so that you forget about the detail. Are you telling me that a war journal written by the victors of the war would speak of their enemies in a positive light? Just because something is written by someone and it is 'official', does not mean that you should look at it like the bible. Look at how many fundamentalist christians have died just because they treated the bible and what was written there, literally. Also keep in mind how the Catholic church has maintained its grip on power. They bend the truth to their whim. This is the same thing, only happening with Fukuda's staff. They see that Fllay doesn't really bode well with the KxL crowd, so they try do everything that is possible to discredit Fllay's relationship with Kira, because they want to keep the fanbase, instead of telling a story. Look at where it got them, now the production is a mess, with no definite moment that the movie will be shown.

In the end, it is what is in the show that counts.
Since, Fukada is the creator of Gundam Seed, since the people on Gundam Seed are fictional and since the relationships charts come from those who have created these charcater, I think I can say, that yes, their view >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yours.

Also, yes it's what is in the show that counts and there is nothing which shows that Kira loved Flay in Seed. All the situation that you talk about are easly justifiable by the war. That's why, official >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

You have no solid proof for saying that Kira love Flay. Now we can talk again and again and again if you want. It will not change these facts.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:40   Link #1971
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
You have no solid proof for saying that Kira love Flay. Now we can talk again and again and again if you want. It will not change these facts.
Official proof? That book? official!? really? on what weight? I'd not accept that joke because it holds none. It's just yet another butt kissing expedition he does to please fans.
I can't take them as fact because they could easily change things on a whim. These same people are the ones who can put or erase a helmet floating in space. These people are the same people who say that Kira and co. have become morally compromised, then to brush off the same statement on the other night because the fans question them. So even if they release fanbook after fanbook, these things don't hold weight to what the show conveyed. And isn't it funny though, it's a very convinient touch, Kira never loved both; seriously what was Fukuda smoking when he said that? Oh I know, by virtue of eliminating Fllay and the fact that she's already dead... Lacus gains the upper hand, which is btw what the fans want. So by creating this illusion that Kira never loved both during seed, it solidifies what K x L will be during Destiny. But does it really help Lacus? NO it doesn't. It even makes the whole situation with Lacus confusing. If Kira never loved Lacus in SEED, why in the blue hell is Lacus in the same home with Kira, is she shoving herself down to Kira's throat until the point that he will love her?

This statement is an insult to both romances, sadly. It's just a result of Fukuda being afraid of fan backlash.

Also, I assure you. The moment SEED changes staff will be the moment that they confirm Kira loving fllay. Not sure? Ask Breman on how JJ Abrams made Trek count again.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:45   Link #1972
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Oh but I understand that you're not happy with it but it doesn't change the fact that's the turth. Lacus loves Kira so of course she will stay with him and in the end, after two years, Kira is in love with Lacus as it was shown in Destiny. There is nothing wrong with that. It's just that it's not your taste but not everything can be like you want it to be.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:50   Link #1973
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Oh but I understand that you're not happy with it but it doesn't change the fact that's the turth. Lacus loves Kira so of course she will stay with him and in the end, after two years, Kira is in love with Lacus as it was shown in Destiny. There is nothing wrong with that. It's just that it's not your taste but not everything can be like you want it to be.
The truth? Surely there's no lamer excuse than that. Hiding on a piece of paper that says X doesn't love Y because Z said so, is a lame excuse. You can't even defend K x L without relying on that stupid buttkissing piece of paper. Why? because you know that It isn't the truth. You know that if you analyze the episode, and not word-of-god, you don't have anything except from the assurance of your buddy, Fukuda.

I respect K x L but to say that the other pairing doesn't exist because of a lame technical excuse is total disrespect to what that couple went through.

I leave you with this tidbit: Roddenberry never said that Spock x Uhura were to be a couple, look what Abrams did. Word of God statements aren't even definite.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:57   Link #1974
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The truth? Surely there's no lamer excuse than that. Hiding on a piece of paper that says X doesn't love Y because Z said so, is a lame excuse. You can't even defend K x L without relying on that stupid buttkissing piece of paper. Why? because you know that It isn't the truth. You know that if you analyze the episode, and not word-of-god, you don't have anything except from the assurance of your buddy, Fukuda.
You know that is not true. I have already said and stated sevrals times in this thread why it's not true and why Kira loves Lacus. I don't need a piece of paper for that but the piece of paper is useful when it comes to false theory.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 09:58   Link #1975
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
I don't need a piece of paper for that but the piece of paper is useful when it comes to false theory.
Yeah, the bible vs. the heliocentric theory... Look who won in the end.

Another example?

Newton vs the church? who won?
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 10:00   Link #1976
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Yeah, the bible vs. the heliocentric theory... Look who won in the end.

Another example?

Newton vs the church? who won?
Have you read my previous post. Seed is something wich was created by Fukada. So what you're saying it's not the same thing at all and so can't be an argument against what I'm saying.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 10:01   Link #1977
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Seed is something wich was created by Fukada.
Star Trek was created by Rodenberry. JJ Abrams recreated it. James Bond was created by Ian Flemming, yet there are a plethora of reimaginings.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 10:08   Link #1978
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Star Trek was created by Rodenberry. JJ Abrams recreated it. James Bond was created by Ian Flemming, yet there are a plethora of reimaginings.
And ? It doesn't change the fact that Seed is not modified.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 10:11   Link #1979
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Can we settle that Kira loves both of them at seed?

the way Kira loses control and tries to save Fllay while Forbidden shoots the freedom's head off (but got to admit that the ultimate coordinator also plays a factor), the emotion Kira shows when he thinks he manages to save Fllay before the cursed dragoon from Rau, not to mention that Kira mistook Lacus as Fllay...

Kira loves Lacus, but he shows a lot more human emotion with Fllay....so as an audience, I would say Kira loves Lacus in seed, but he also has deep feeling with Fllay, then in destiny, well, Kira can devote 100% to Lacus since Fllay is a goner XD
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 10:13   Link #1980
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Can we settle that Kira loves both of them at seed? XD
No because that's not true.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.