AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 07:44   Link #6001
Kaoru842

you guys are so amazing!
Kaoru842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 00:55   Link #6002
jojo78

I have to say though, that I enjoyed reading the FMP novels more than watching the anime. At least with the novels, you actually get to understand what all the characters are thinking and feeling but the anime can't really convey any of that. I understand sousuke's character much better after reading the novels and plus the anime does not show certain things that actually happen in the book and one good example is in the novel, Fighting boy meets girl, when sousuke, kaname and kurtz are stuck or trapped in the korean mountains or forrest whatever, and sousuke points his gun at kaname forcing her to escape on her own. She refuses and ends up giving him a hug whereas the anime just shows her putting her hand over his face. I thought that was a bit lame but oh well. Anyone feel the same?
jojo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 06:07   Link #6003
Kaoru842

a lot of anime adaptation are like that, I still want that anime no matter what
Kaoru842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 02:06   Link #6004
Ypocaramel

I think all three formats help fill in the story somewhat, the manga helps for non-Japanese speakers when the translations are bit rough and put another spin on the situation. There are scenes where I thought one of the formats - the manga or the anime or the book - handled it best.

An anime would be awesome, but I'm sure it's a big financial risk compared with manga and book formats.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 16:19   Link #6005
Bortion
Freak

So, what about website? Is it done? Need help?
And also I can translate Petition into Russian language
Bortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 06:55   Link #6006
ginrai1984
100% silver voltage

ok,this is a huge suprise

tokyopop is gonna resume publication of the fmp light novel series and the 4rth novel is planned to be released on the 26th of januari in 2011.
so either they started to care about it's fanbase or yen press light novel line has become something too watch out for on the U.S manga market.

personally i don't mind if it's the second since i like both the "spice&wolf" and "book girl" novel series!
ginrai1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 00:02   Link #6007
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finally got my hand over the newest Dengeki Hobby, and OH MAN THE SELF-MADE LX-3 FOR ROBOT TAMASHI LAEVATEIN KICKS SERIOUS ASS. Sadly I don't think it'll be properly released......

The main stuff of Gatoh's interview, separated in 2 parts......
Spoiler for plot-related explaination:

And for those who care more, anime. (There's more about other items regarding FMP, though he has a SERIOUS interest in Robot Tamashi Savage and Bonta-Kun)
Spoiler:
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 00:03   Link #6008
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortion View Post
So, what about website? Is it done? Need help?
And also I can translate Petition into Russian language
I finally finished the spanish version but i was hopping someone would chime in to make a chinese or japanese version?

Russian?! Fantastic! that would be awesome ^_^!!

If i dont hear anything for a Asian language soon i'll officially make it on saturday or friday...

And for hunter, wow, just wow, you finally came through! As always! XD like a translating hero...
So Gatou is just hoppinh as much as we are? I guess the ones who are in power are the excuetives of the animation studios...if they want to invest in FMP at all...

Gatou is just the writer, he cant influence that his book be made to animation. He only hopes to do so...

As far as all thsoe details, am happy either way! XD

THANK YOU Hunter!

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-11-23 at 00:32.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 03:12   Link #6009
Bortion
Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
I finally finished the spanish version but i was hopping someone would chime in to make a chinese or japanese version?

Russian?! Fantastic! that would be awesome ^_^!!

If i dont hear anything for a Asian language soon i'll officially make it on saturday or friday...
Thanks for your work, I'm glad to help you!
I have translated the Petition, here it is:
--------CUT---------

Всем поклонникам Стальной Тревоги!

Под нижеследующей Петицией мы собираем подписи по всему земному шару тех, кто вдохновлен аниме "Стальная Тревога", написанной по новеллам Шоджи Гато, издательство Фуджими Шобо.

Список новелл Стальной Тревоги, по которым мы хотим увидеть аниме, включает в себя, но не ограничивает:
Dancing Very Merry Christmas † 踊るベリー・メリー・クリスマス Издано 20 Марта 2003
Continuing On My Own † つづくオン・マイ・オウン Издано 20 Октября 2004
Burning One Man Force † 燃えるワン・マン・フォース Издано 20 Января 2006
Come Make My Day † つどうメイク・マイ・デイ Издано 20 Марта 2007
Approaching Nick of Time † せまるニック・オブ・タイム Издано 20 Февраля 2008
Always, Stand by Me: Part 1 † ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 上 Издано 17 Июля 2010
Always, Stand by Me: Part 2 †ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 下 Издано 20 Августа 2010

Независимо от расы, местопроживания, страны, возраста и должности, поклонник ли ты всего аниме или исключительно Стальной Тревоги, если ты хочешь увидеть продолжение аниме серий ПОДПИШИСЬ ПОД ЭТОЙ ПЕТИЦИЕЙ!
Для тех, кто заинтересовался проблемой и ничего о ней не знает: несмотря на недостаточное распространение этих новелл и аниме в мире, можно смело утверждать, что Стальная Тревога одно из самых ожидаемых аниме из когда-либо существоваших.
Тревога известна своим захватывающим реалистичным действием в выдуманном милитаризованном мире, длительным романом между героями, порой возмутительным и нестрандартным юмором, уникальными персонажами, поразительной сюжетной линией, пропитаной тайной, которая раскрывается полностью только в конце.

Мы поклонники, любители аниме, просто энтузиасты, подписываемся под Петицией, чтобы показать сколько нас по всему миру. Мы ХОТИМ, чтобы по новеллам сняли качественное аниме в сюжетных деталях, как это было в предыдущих трех сезонах!

Мы надеемся увидеть больше!

--------CUT---------

So I tried to tell the point, hopefully I did it with success
If you need more help just tell me
Old 2010-11-23, 03:17   Link #6010
Ypocaramel

Much appreciated, Hunter.

Spoiler for Thoughts on animated series, later plot:
Old 2010-11-23, 07:24   Link #6011
Frostbitten

Thanks for the news, Hunter.

selily: I can do a Finnish translation of that petition once you've set up the website and such.
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 15:08   Link #6012
Subzero00

Any news on a new fmp
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 19:09   Link #6013
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
Thanks for the news, Hunter.

selily: I can do a Finnish translation of that petition once you've set up the website and such.
Oooo Finnish! Theres a problem though, lol, ONCE I CREATE the petition, i can not change it. Thus I have not made the website yet for thsi reason.

All translations are accepted!

Makes sence right? Won't you be upset if someone changes a petition you already sign? Once its made, it stays locked.

So if there are ANYMORE language translations of the petition, please paste here ^_^..

So far we have

English
Spanish
Italian
Russian
and possibly Finnish

Anyone else? French or Creo? any Asian? Korean? Maybe Latin?

The more the meerier!! To extend to the whole world ^_^...
I might make a website that connects all FMP fans together by their countries..o.o in addition to just the petition

Maybe make a FMPNation.com or something...

Hey Frost, are there any Finish fan sites?

I am going to "attempt" to ask Colca to send me a Japanese translation of some sort...er..I usually get just "THANK YOU!" and some japanese words "i no speak english! Applause accepted!" and a nice lil drawing of chibi neko Chidori... Lol...cute..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortion View Post
Thanks for your work, I'm glad to help you!
I have translated the Petition, here it is:
--------CUT---------

Всем поклонникам Стальной Тревоги!

Под нижеследующей Петицией мы собираем подписи по всему земному шару тех, кто вдохновлен аниме "Стальная Тревога", написанной по новеллам Шоджи Гато, издательство Фуджими Шобо.

Список новелл Стальной Тревоги, по которым мы хотим увидеть аниме, включает в себя, но не ограничивает:
Dancing Very Merry Christmas † 踊るベリー・メリー・クリスマス Издано 20 Марта 2003
Continuing On My Own † つづくオン・マイ・オウン Издано 20 Октября 2004
Burning One Man Force † 燃えるワン・マン・フォース Издано 20 Января 2006
Come Make My Day † つどうメイク・マイ・デイ Издано 20 Марта 2007
Approaching Nick of Time † せまるニック・オブ・タイム Издано 20 Февраля 2008
Always, Stand by Me: Part 1 † ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 上 Издано 17 Июля 2010
Always, Stand by Me: Part 2 †ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 下 Издано 20 Августа 2010

Независимо от расы, местопроживания, страны, возраста и должности, поклонник ли ты всего аниме или исключительно Стальной Тревоги, если ты хочешь увидеть продолжение аниме серий ПОДПИШИСЬ ПОД ЭТОЙ ПЕТИЦИЕЙ!
Для тех, кто заинтересовался проблемой и ничего о ней не знает: несмотря на недостаточное распространение этих новелл и аниме в мире, можно смело утверждать, что Стальная Тревога одно из самых ожидаемых аниме из когда-либо существоваших.
Тревога известна своим захватывающим реалистичным действием в выдуманном милитаризованном мире, длительным романом между героями, порой возмутительным и нестрандартным юмором, уникальными персонажами, поразительной сюжетной линией, пропитаной тайной, которая раскрывается полностью только в конце.

Мы поклонники, любители аниме, просто энтузиасты, подписываемся под Петицией, чтобы показать сколько нас по всему миру. Мы ХОТИМ, чтобы по новеллам сняли качественное аниме в сюжетных деталях, как это было в предыдущих трех сезонах!

Мы надеемся увидеть больше!

--------CUT---------

So I tried to tell the point, hopefully I did it with success
If you need more help just tell me

By the way, THANK YOU! This is most excellent, I didnt even know i had russian text downloaded lol...
I trust your translation XD...most excellent! you did more then enough ^-^...

*I gotta stop watching Bill and Ted Movies..* >.o...

To everyone, i am deeply touched how everyone reached out to make translated petitions, i am so happy to see how the whole world is reading thsi!

God am so happy! this is truely amazing!

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-11-23 at 21:50.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 07:48   Link #6014
Frostbitten

Here's the complete translation. I didn't translate it from word-to-word and left some parts out of it. Had to put that 'extra info' part there because FMP is rather unknown here.

Spoiler for wall of text:
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 07:59   Link #6015
fukarming

While I love FMP and want more anime from it, I doubt there will be any more coming up. The FMP anime is relatively light (and I am not referring to Fumoffu), but the later novel is quite heavy and depressing. It is going to be difficult to sell to the clientele who enjoys the original and second raid.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 10:06   Link #6016
Bortion
Freak

Quote:
By the way, THANK YOU! This is most excellent, I didnt even know i had russian text downloaded lol...
I trust your translation XD...most excellent! you did more then enough ^-^...
Thanks. Waiting for your website. I can upload more russain text, if you want XD
Old 2010-11-24, 13:37   Link #6017
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Romanian translation - might have a few errors, but I got the actual idea.

"Carte toti fanii Full Metal Panic

In continuare este o colectie de semnaturi ale unor persoane din intreaga lume, cu scopul de a incuraja productia unui nou sezon anime Full Metal Panic!, scris de Shoji Gatou, publicat de Fujimi Shobo.

Noul sezon anime dorim sa includa urmatoarele volume Full Metal Panic!, dar sa nu se limiteze neaparat doar la acestea:

LISTA 1
Dancing Very Merry Christmas † 踊るベリー・メリー・クリスマス 20 Martie 2003
Continuing On My Own † つづくオン・マイ・オウン 20 Octombrie 2004
Burning One Man Force † 燃えるワン・マン・フォース 20 Ianuarie 2006
Come Make My Day † つどうメイク・マイ・デイ 20 Martie 2007
Approaching Nick of Time † せまるニック・オブ・タイム 20 Februarie 2008
Always, Stand by Me: Part 1 † ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 上 17 Iulie 2010
Always, Stand by Me: Part 2 †ずっと、スタンド・バイ・ミー 下 20 August 2010

Daca tu, fan al seriei sau persoana pasionata de anime, indiferent de rasa, trecut, tara, varsta sau statut vrei sa te bucuri de incredibila poveste din Full Metal Panic transpusa intr-un anime, SEMNEAZA ACEASTA PETITIE ACUM!
Catre toti cei interesati, in ciuda lipsei de publicitate a povestii si anime-ului pe glob, aceasta este una dintre cele mai anticipate serii de anime din cate exista.
’Panic’ este recunoscut pentru actiune realista incredibila intr-un cadru militar fantezist, romantism anticipat de mult timp intre caractere pe care audientele le adora, umor incredibil si neortodox, o serie de personaje unice cu povesti incredibile, pline de mister, care atrag pe oricine pana la sfarsit.

Noi fanii, iubitori de anime, semnam pentru a promova si demonstra fanilor din intreaga lume care VOR ca seria sa fie animata in detaliu, cu grija si frumusetea care ne-a fost oferita in ultimele trei sezoane.

Speram sa vedem mai mult!!"

Also ... why we HOPE to see more, and not we WANT to see more? (last line)
And... this part, doesn't quite make sense, or i didn't understand it very good:

We the fans, the anime lovers, the enthusiast sign to promote and proove the undying fans around the globe who WANT this to be animated with detail, dedication, and beauty that was delivered to us in last three seasons.

So we sign to promote and prove the fans blabla... what? To prove what? You didn't finish your idea there... or I haven't understood correctly.

And why is there a list 1? Will there be a list 2?

Last edited by dasvik; 2010-11-24 at 18:13.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 13:51   Link #6018
Bortion
Freak

Quote:
Also ... why we HOPE to see more, and not we WANT to see more? (last line)
I 'hoped' when there was a 'hope'. Now, Mr. Gatoh tells us there won't be any FMP anime-series. IMHO we loose hope, so the last we can do is to WANT this anime to be created. (perhaps this idea isn't right, but feelings are like that).

Quote:
So we sign to promote and prove the fans blabla... what? To prove what? You didn't finish your idea there... or I haven't understood correctly.
It means we promoting ourselves, showing ourselves, screaming to pay attention on this problem, choose explanation as you wish XD
Old 2010-11-24, 13:53   Link #6019
Dasaniel

I will post the Hungarian translation tomorrow, too tired for it now
Dasaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 22:22   Link #6020
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
While I love FMP and want more anime from it, I doubt there will be any more coming up. The FMP anime is relatively light (and I am not referring to Fumoffu), but the later novel is quite heavy and depressing. It is going to be difficult to sell to the clientele who enjoys the original and second raid.
I definitely think it's a commercial problem, but that said, if that problem is so strong perhaps they can do a DVMC OVA instead, that one is pretty funny and light.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen