AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-06, 21:14   Link #1
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Out of Anime... HELP!

Im out of anime actually not but all the name's doesn't look good so i can't decide what to chose.Someone show me the light side!please
Old 2003-12-06, 21:45   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

That's what the suggestions forum is for. ^_^

There's a bunch I could recommend, but it depends on your tastes. Plus if you can wait, the 2004 winter season kicks off in 3 1/2 more weeks just after the 1st of the year. I expect another flood of good anime then too. Right now they're only working on existing series, closing out old ones and providing filler.
Old 2003-12-08, 19:28   Link #3
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Seriously another batch of anime so soon. Fuck i can't keep up with what is out now. Man what the hell am i going to do.......sigh
Old 2003-12-08, 19:38   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

• Condor Hero - Think of the best Hong Kong martial arts movie that you've ever seen. This is strong on characterization and drama with a few really kick-ass fights thrown in for good measure.
  • Princess Tutu - This is a unique and thoughtful show about fairy tales. It seems sweet and innocent on the outside, but the inside is very dark and rich and deep. Don't let the surface fool you! Note that you have to give this show a few episodes to develop or you might actually think it is simple and uncomplicated, but then the true plot develops...
  • Tenshi na Konamaiki - Some serious gender wierdness, but strangely this isn't a wierd show. This is a romantic comedy whose theme is exploring the underlying differences between men and women. This is fun and romantic and sometimes very insightful. Definetly not a harem show!
  • Human Scramble: Stories about people facing a turning point in their lives. Very realistic and heartwarming. The downside is that only 4 episodes have been subbed so far, but r-b seems serious about getting the rest of the series out in a timely manner. Every episode is self-contained.
  • Detective Academy Q: A really good mystery series with really cool puzzles, good humor and interesting characters. Get the Live-eviL version, I checked them all out before deciding that it's the best. It is in well-seeded 4 episode batches.
  • Piano: Hearwarming story of a teenage girl. There is no real plot, just a slice of her life at an important time in her growing up. Very well done. It consists of just 10 episodes which have all been subbed. Get the batched episodes subbed by Solar.
  • Rumic Theatre: Another anime taking place in the real world. Every episode stands alone with different characters and a different story. It is based upon Rumiko Takahashi's short stories, but doesn't resemble Inu-Yasha at all. If it resembles anything she's done, it is Maison Ikkoku. These stories are funny, but also a bit traumatic, so don't marathon them. Make sure that you spell them out interspersed with other anime. You'll understand why when you watch it.
Every one of these shows is unique and extraudinary. Please enjoy them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread