AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-27, 19:20   Link #841
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Anyway I rang my mates and the numbnuts were like "Ah, yeah, I don't know man.", but they want me to email them the front covers of the issues we want anyway, so yeah. Just wondering if any of you could post the front covers so I can confirm if what I have here are correct.
The covers are all at the bottom of this page.

Link
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 19:33   Link #842
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I'll stop reading altogether if I hear about Relena dancing off a cliff. Seriously.

And sorry, I was just voicing a thought. I didn't mean to upset you. But it kind of fits the whole 'hibernation hurts your brain' stuff Sumisawa has been coming up with. It's weird that the whole story will be seemingly revolving around Heero and Relena anyway, so who knows in what kind of direction it might head. *cough cough I smell cheesecake cough*

I'm a little miffed that the present events are moving on so dang slow. I wanna hear about the plotline already, not Heero's supposed real name. I'll name him Shinta. Now gimme plot >_>
Hey silly you didn't upset me. Sorry. Lol I was being dramatic. Yeah, it doesn't transfer well if it's written, eh. But dude, who the heck am I. You can say whatever you want. Seriously. I was just being a goose. xD

OMG Shinta! That cracked me up. I was going to call him Bob. HAHA.

Cheers Elo. But I was talking about the front covers of the actual magazines. Have you got them? I looked them up and I think I have them. I just need confirmation. How do you post photos here?
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 20:01   Link #843
Mistalya
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post

OMG Shinta! That cracked me up. I was going to call him Bob. HAHA.
He will always Always ALWAYS be Heero to me. In fact, I remember making a diary entry when I was like 14 talking about how crappy a name like "Odin" Jr. was and how I'll always call him Heero.

G'dahm I'm a loser.
Mistalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 20:18   Link #844
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Cheers Elo. But I was talking about the front covers of the actual magazines. Have you got them? I looked them up and I think I have them. I just need confirmation. How do you post photos here?
Go back some pages and there's a link to a site that has the recent Gundam Ace covers.

To post photos, simply press the "insert image" icon, paste the image's URL into the space and press "OK".
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 21:10   Link #845
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Go back some pages and there's a link to a site that has the recent Gundam Ace covers.

To post photos, simply press the "insert image" icon, paste the image's URL into the space and press "OK".
Yeah I think I got the right covers. Thanks for that, mate.
Just wondering though, what if you haven't got a URL for the photo? Coz I saved mine on my hard drive. Ooops.
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 23:05   Link #846
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Yeah I think I got the right covers. Thanks for that, mate.
Just wondering though, what if you haven't got a URL for the photo? Coz I saved mine on my hard drive. Ooops.
Upload it to tinypic?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 23:59   Link #847
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Brilliant. Thanks Kitsoru. I didn't even know about that. God I'm a retard. So embarrassed. HAHA. Laugh it off...

Anyway. Here are the covers I sent those guys:





Please tell me I'm correct for once. It's pretty obvious coz the issue dates are shown on the covers anyway but you know, I wouldn't trust me.
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 01:08   Link #848
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Please tell me I'm correct for once. It's pretty obvious coz the issue dates are shown on the covers anyway but you know, I wouldn't trust me.
Yup, those are correct- December 2010 and January 2011 respectively.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 05:37   Link #849
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Hey everybody.

So I've finally ordered the 01.11 issue. Yay!
Still no luck with the 12.10 one so I'm still depending on my mates on that one. I received the order confirmation and it will be handled tomorrow so Snuggles should receive it shortly. If any of you guys gets ahead though, please don't hesitate to put it out.

Anyway I really hope this novel doesn't bloody disappoint me or I'll cry... after I pour acid on Sumisawa's balls until it dissolves into thin air. HAHA kidding. [Yeah I'm kidding. I think.] xD
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 07:40   Link #850
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Hey silly you didn't upset me. Sorry. Lol I was being dramatic. Yeah, it doesn't transfer well if it's written, eh. But dude, who the heck am I. You can say whatever you want. Seriously. I was just being a goose. xD
Good to know You can never be too sure if someone's joking or really upset on forums, given that written speech has the drawback of not carrying intonation, so better play it safe Also props to you, that's what I call a fan's devotion.

Quote:
He will always Always ALWAYS be Heero to me. In fact, I remember making a diary entry when I was like 14 talking about how crappy a name like "Odin" Jr. was and how I'll always call him Heero.

G'dahm I'm a loser.
Nah. The characters themselves refer to each other with these names, so why would you be a loser for doing the same? I think it's kind of unnecessary to bring up the names their parents gave them anyway. Heero has been Heero for 15 years now. But I guess some people just want to know. Fine with me.

Makes me wonder what Duo's name was supposed to be. Though there's hardly a name that could fit more than his current one, it would be kinda cool if his parents gave him a name like Gabriel or something. Oh, the irony.
Or it could be Bob (that one cracked me up xD)

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2010-11-28 at 08:30. Reason: forgot a word. oops
IkuzeMinna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 09:45   Link #851
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
There's trouble in the MC era. A sister of the Winner family steals the Prometheus and makes a run for it. Heero and Duo No. 2 intercept her with the Snow White and Warlock. I'm not sure who they're making Catherine out to be here... it's Quatre's younger sister, but whose daughter it is baffles me. They're referring to Trowa before this, so it'd be his daughter, but somehow Quatre's younger sister? How's that work?
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 12:14   Link #852
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Maybe Trowa got it on with one of Zayeed Winner's wives? It's implied he had more than one scattered all over the Earth Sphere. Demmit, I'd bet she's be ancient though. Guess we'll have to wait for more details.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 12:19   Link #853
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Zayeed? Huh?
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 12:24   Link #854
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
According to this, Quatre's father is called Zayeed in the series novels:
http://aboutgundamwing.com/glossary_characters.htm
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 12:33   Link #855
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
There's trouble in the MC era. A sister of the Winner family steals the Prometheus and makes a run for it. Heero and Duo No. 2 intercept her with the Snow White and Warlock. I'm not sure who they're making Catherine out to be here... it's Quatre's younger sister, but whose daughter it is baffles me. They're referring to Trowa before this, so it'd be his daughter, but somehow Quatre's younger sister? How's that work?
Finally, the present story is moving ahead. Maybe we'll get pictures of one of the three new suits.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 13:06   Link #856
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
There's trouble in the MC era. A sister of the Winner family steals the Prometheus and makes a run for it. Heero and Duo No. 2 intercept her with the Snow White and Warlock. I'm not sure who they're making Catherine out to be here... it's Quatre's younger sister, but whose daughter it is baffles me. They're referring to Trowa before this, so it'd be his daughter, but somehow Quatre's younger sister? How's that work?
Aha, so the Snow White and Warlock ARE mobile suits like I thought. I guess 'Prometheus' is one as well? Is it mentioned if they're Gundams, or normal MS?

Eesh, it's like Jerry Springer up in here...
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 13:35   Link #857
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
More like Maury Povich. xD You are NOT the father.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 13:47   Link #858
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Maybe Trowa got it on with one of Zayeed Winner's wives? It's implied he had more than one scattered all over the Earth Sphere. Demmit, I'd bet she's be ancient though. Guess we'll have to wait for more details.
Something about Trowa's uncanny resemblance to Quatre's dad makes this even weirder... Those are some odd shipsinker torpedoes Sumisawa is loading
IkuzeMinna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 13:50   Link #859
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Something about Trowa's uncanny resemblance to Quatre's dad makes this even weirder... Those are some odd shipsinker torpedoes Sumisawa is loading
Odd? Maybe. Hilarious? Definitely.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 14:16   Link #860
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Makes me wonder if maybe Trowa and Quatre are related? So Episode Zero assumes Catherine Bloom is Trowa's sister, right? Could be a case of half-siblings with Mrs. Bloom having had an affair with Zayeed Winner. And seeing Sumisawa's obsession with having everyone be related... xD
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.