AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-08, 04:39   Link #21
Rand
Dragon Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Ah ! Many of you already saw it ! When will I be able to see it / buy it in France ?
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 15:03   Link #22
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Ah ! Many of you already saw it ! When will I be able to see it / buy it in France ?
Check you local theathers, it's probably coming quite soon, however since it's selected for the Cannes Film Festival it might be shown there first, but I'm not sure if Cannes Festival has allready taken place or not this year

Anyway, europe usually gets movies about 4-6 weeks after the US release, but keep an eye out, since it probably won't be showing for long. I've allready looked for DVD's but no word on them yet so far.
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 15:40   Link #23
Meatwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
This movie was pretty bad, it seems as if they spent millions and millions of dollars on animating it and forgot to hire GOOD writers. 40% to 50% of the dialog is all quotes from fomous philosophers....
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 00:53   Link #24
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I watched it and I liked it. The superb CG animation made a huge contrast with the not as superb (but still great) normal animation, so it was a bit distracting, I didnt like the music very much, I loved the music on the original, specially the opening (if you can call it like that), but the opening in innocence wasnt as good imo. The story is interesting, but not really innovative at all, it was like more of the same, which can be great or not depending on how you see it.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 12:29   Link #25
Leonidas Tzu
Unoriginal
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pensacola, FL
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad
This movie was pretty bad, it seems as if they spent millions and millions of dollars on animating it and forgot to hire GOOD writers. 40% to 50% of the dialog is all quotes from fomous philosophers....
Three quotes from 'fomous' philosophers and one Biblical quote :\.

As mentioned formerly in this thread, there is a myriad amount of info to drink in and it becomes rather difficult to fully comprehend in one sitting. However I did enjoy it immensely.
Leonidas Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 13:23   Link #26
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu
Three quotes from 'fomous' philosophers and one Biblical quote :\.

As mentioned formerly in this thread, there is a myriad amount of info to drink in and it becomes rather difficult to fully comprehend in one sitting. However I did enjoy it immensely.
I think the quotes were kinda cool, but they overdid it a bit, not to mention it got quite confusing at times, but this isn't the first time that GitS or GitS:SAC is confusing to me.

I think most people will agree that the story wasn't worked out the way it should've been, awesome animation but apparently less attention for the story.
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 10:35   Link #27
ubb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
It's not about the script that set up and push the story forward, it's more about what they have said about the difference between a man and a machine in that era that lets us reflect on what makes us human. But I do agreed, they use way too many quotes from philosophers and the bible.
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 15:15   Link #28
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the netherlands
Age: 28
i have seen it 2 times now.
-_- But i`m still getting confused over and over and over .....
First of al, they put in just TO MANY CG and way less of anime, second of al there where only 4 ~ 6 good scenes, and the rest was to much crap" like that scene when they where in that huge mansion".
That scene got repeated 4 time`s, kinda anoying i`l say,....
And what about the major she came and she went -_- just to fast, what a shame but overall it wasnt a bad movie though.


p.s.
sorry for the spelling ^_^
__________________
JaXter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 02:51   Link #29
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Innocence Canadian Premiere Dates

Finally.

October 15
Montreal, Canada Cinema du Parc Montreal

October 29
Edmonton, AB CPLX S. Edmonton Common 16 Edmonton
Toronto, ON CPL First Marham Pl 10 Toronto
Vancouver, BC CPLX Granville Vancouver
__________________
Zannen, Canada - For all the latest Canadian anime news!
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 10:31   Link #30
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaXter
i have seen it 2 times now.
-_- But i`m still getting confused over and over and over .....
First of al, they put in just TO MANY CG and way less of anime, second of al there where only 4 ~ 6 good scenes, and the rest was to much crap" like that scene when they where in that huge mansion".
That scene got repeated 4 time`s, kinda anoying i`l say,....
And what about the major she came and she went -_- just to fast, what a shame but overall it wasnt a bad movie though.


p.s.
sorry for the spelling ^_^
exactly, the ghost jacking sequences were confusing and out of place. The point of the story which I get, and the actual story were just too opposite to put them together. If they just wanted to dwell on man/machine philosophy they didn't need 3 ghost jacking scenes to do it.

I really can't believe how they let the director get away with going completely overboard like that, it just looks like an overdone CGI slapped on with too many borrowed quotes and a half assed story.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 19:46   Link #31
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 29
I saw Innocence a few weeks ago, and to be honest I think it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. People who dislike it are often told that they probably feel that way because it was over their head - I don't think it's over anyone's head, though for certain all of the less-than-obvious themes and meanings will be... well, less than obvious initially. It felt like there was less action than in the first movie, and I suppose that to many people it would have become boring during quite a few segments. If you get into those sorts of movies where it'll put you into a state of thought and pondering, though, you should really check it out. Since we're all different, no guarantees that it'll set off thoughts for you, but it just might.

Another interesting concept to consider, which I felt while watching but never really realized (mentioned by a friend of mine) is that the settings and scenes themselves heavily lend to the messages conveyed by the film, and the philosophy. This could explain why certain people - caring less for what at face value just seems like a drawn out segment of CG artists trying to show off - would find some parts boring (also, those watching on their computers might miss out on some of the detail/atmosphere generated by the theater experience).
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 19:56   Link #32
jennwenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: good 'ole US of A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
exactly, the ghost jacking sequences were confusing and out of place. The point of the story which I get, and the actual story were just too opposite to put them together. If they just wanted to dwell on man/machine philosophy they didn't need 3 ghost jacking scenes to do it.

I really can't believe how they let the director get away with going completely overboard like that, it just looks like an overdone CGI slapped on with too many borrowed quotes and a half assed story.
Its Mamoru Oshii, he ALWAYS goes overboard and does whatever the hell he wants, even if it means not staying true to the original source AT ALL. He did it with Patlabor, Urusei Yatsura, and in my opinion, Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2 fall into the same boat. But, he's just so damn good, even though I dislike his inconsistency, I let it slide for its pure awesomeness.

I think Stand Alone Complex was much better at conveying the feel of the original manga, but the movies are amazing in its own right.

Oshii makes the characters really dry sometimes, but I think this fits well with Masamune Shirow cause he can't really make a believable character either. His manga reads like a techno bible. People don't matter.

I liked the "creepy" feel to the movie.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 20:32   Link #33
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Age: 51
Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Its Mamoru Oshii, he ALWAYS goes overboard and does whatever the hell he wants, even if it means not staying true to the original source AT ALL. He did it with Patlabor, Urusei Yatsura, and in my opinion, Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2 fall into the same boat. But, he's just so damn good, even though I dislike his inconsistency, I let it slide for its pure awesomeness.
True very true about Oshiil, I really like the general atmosphere and feel to his movies, (at least GITS and Patlabor).

I saw GITS2 last night and I kept waiting for the "boat on the river set to music" scene, witch I think the "Chinese parade" fitted.

(Actually the movie was playing in town for 2 weeks and I didn't realize it, because I didn't think it would get shown here, so I wasn't really looking out for it.)
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 18:14   Link #34
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Taxachussetts
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Where can I find info on Ghost in the Shell 2?

Where can I find on info for making of Ghost in the Shell 2 Inocense? Any info, sites, pics, vids? Would have to be in english since I don't japanese. Its an awesome movie, and want to find more info about it. Much appreciated.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-06 at 18:46. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before creating a new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 18:22   Link #35
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by husyk
Where can I find on info for making of Ghost in the Shell 2 Inocense? Any info, sites, pics, vids? Would have to be in english since I don't japanese. Its an awesome movie, and want to find more info about it. Much appreciated.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2081
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 18:26   Link #36
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Taxachussetts
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Thanks a bunch.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.