AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 54 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-28, 18:32   Link #161
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
Pfft, looking at the poll, this has to be one of the first times that nobody so far has voted below an 'average'. Looks like this episode has pleased an unpleasable fanbase, huh.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:05   Link #162
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Pfft, looking at the poll, this has to be one of the first times that nobody so far has voted below an 'average'. Looks like this episode has pleased an unpleasable fanbase, huh.
Defiantly there was so much fanservice going on that it just had to please the fans
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 20:13   Link #163
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Defiantly there was so much fanservice going on that it just had to please the fans
Fanservice is like a bonus in here which is fine for me. I despise shows where it ruins everything with a freakin panty shot. Thats why i never saw high school of the dead.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 00:06   Link #164
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Fanservice is like a bonus in here which is fine for me. I despise shows where it ruins everything with a freakin panty shot. Thats why i never saw high school of the dead.
Shows like that usually don't have much story to ruin in the first place.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 00:33   Link #165
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Fanservice is like a bonus in here which is fine for me. I despise shows where it ruins everything with a freakin panty shot. Thats why i never saw high school of the dead.
i was tolerating the excessive fanservice of that series since the scene of a bullet passing throug a pair of moving boobs, sad since the original work is not so absurd,
i watched this episode on nico with the scenes of laura, sytl and tsuchimikado cutted and really just feeled like a love comedy.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 01:37   Link #166
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I personally thought the 'fanservices' in this episode were done better, ( with more meaning behind the scene ) compared to that of the Agnese episode.

The first fanservice with the melon-pan bra, where Seiri didn't blush, or beat Touma was an inclination to the kind of personality she has. Harsh and strict, but not necessarily physical in the overbearing sense.

The 2nd scene in the classroom, imo, felt a bit less necessary, because of the context of the scene getting trimmed from the novels. It was similar to how the Agnese fanservice trip in the earlier episode lost its context with Agnese's language character quirk.

The 3rd scene with Index/Komoe was... different for once, showing that Index, despite her pet-like presence, is aware of Touma. Not to mention that fanservice scene builds up to the last flow of the Fukiyose/Touma scene, which in my opinion, was the best part of the episode. It solidified the most of Fukiyose's character with how she offered the hand when Touma asked not to pull the neck, showed a nice chemistry between them with just talks of the festival with a nice music, and a the 'almost kiss' which had a more 'romantic' atmosphere to it than a fanservicy one.

The last one with Oriana isn't exactly 'in your face' ( ironic, I know ) fanservice, since it also leads up to something else without being too overbearing.

On the other hand, the fanservice parts with Agnese felt more 'hollow.' That's my opinion anyway.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 04:23   Link #167
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
The only fanservice scene I didn't like was face-boob plant with Oriana cause it resulted in the usual just-as-expected reaction.

With Seiri, Touma at least stayed calm enough for a few long hard looks... Probably not his first time, then again the same could be said for Seiri kudos for her to not immediately fly into a blind rage.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:13   Link #168
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: huh wha-?
For what it counts for, I pretty much like how they made Seiri take her own sweet time to smash that bag into Touma in a calm, precise, albeit resentful manner. You just don't see reactions like that in anime these days.
__________________
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 06:15   Link #169
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Touma and Seiri should hook up.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 07:37   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Maybe because people are already used to Mikoto, but I thought the part where she was shocked that Touma could command his entire school just so that he could 'make her do whatever he wants' was an awesome cute-misunderstanding
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 07:45   Link #171
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I'm also to used up with Mikoto that I prefer Touma and Seiri. I like Mikoto when she was in Index I but when railgun starts and the story gets drag..... I started to get annoyed wiht too much Mikoto and from the beginning the continues bickering of "touma I'm Hungry" of Index is really irritating.

I really like the other girls than the main heroines of science and magic side.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 09:59   Link #172
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
That part with Mikoto felt somewhat unnecesary, only to please the fans, also this is because to much Mikoto is... annoying.

Thats why I keep saying more characters out of the cliche brings always a refreshing air to Index series .

P.S.: I'm the only one who thinks Touma needs more men as enemies instead sexy hot girls who will fall for him somehow? .... No, I don't want to see manservice .
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 10:49   Link #173
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, Mikoto was allowed to go through a reasonably lengthy (tsun)dere-fication process to where she is now. As well as Biribiri Vision. ( ah~ the benefits of rarely seeing Touma, thus mainly seeing only his good points~ )

Seiri feels refreshing because of how she is at this point early on, but she's also the kind of character that's best at low doses. If there's too much of her ( in the context of the Index 'plots' ), even her Iron Wall will break down before the T-Virus.

After all, excessive story exposure means prolonged exposure to all symbiotic variants of the T-Virus.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 11:18   Link #174
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Great ep, I gave it 9/10.

The pacing was nice this time around, it flowed from one scene to another very well.

Liked the fanservice, especially Fukiyose and Oriana, it's even better than I had dreamed of...

The scene with Index and Touma, and Touma and Mikoto's parents was also done pretty well.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 12:19   Link #175
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Laura's hair is 2.5 times longer than her height, so she actually loops it over in the back and clips it into place with a huge hairpin.
If she would loop all that hair over in her back, it would be *huge* and way too heavy, she would need a trolley for it or something to allow her to walk normally. Yet we didn't see any of it when she was walking around outside last time.
Should we assume she's using some kind of magic to hide and carry her hair?
Besides, what's the purpose of her having so immensely long hair? Using it as a weapon, like Yami in To Love-ru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Oriana's wearing those clothes to make herself look like a worker carrying a billboard. Nobody would be suspicious of her that way.
Suuure, because workers run around in shirts that are at least three numbers too small
If she really thinks that's a good disguise, she's a quite dimwitted bimbo
When Touma touched her, some kind of magic was neutralised - probably that was some magic she used to make people ignore her in her attention attracting outfit and her suspicious package. That way, she would indeed be in trouble if it was dispelled and people start noticing her because she's sticking out like a sore thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
update: wuahahahahaah... I knew it! shop is out!
Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
did Mikoto always wore those flower hairpins in her hair?
She didn't, but it looks very nice on her.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:23   Link #176
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
If she would loop all that hair over in her back, it would be *huge* and way too heavy, she would need a trolley for it or something to allow her to walk normally. Yet we didn't see any of it when she was walking around outside last time.
Should we assume she's using some kind of magic to hide and carry her hair?
Besides, what's the purpose of her having so immensely long hair? Using it as a weapon, like Yami in To Love-ru?
No reason really, simply to show she has the prestige to afford to keep and maintain such a hair I guess. Aristocrats are like that.

How heavy is 2.5m of hair? Anybody got a number?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:24   Link #177
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The only fanservice scene I didn't like was face-boob plant with Oriana cause it resulted in the usual just-as-expected reaction.

With Seiri, Touma at least stayed calm enough for a few long hard looks... Probably not his first time, then again the same could be said for Seiri kudos for her to not immediately fly into a blind rage.
It was only following the novels. She stayed calm cuz she's the "iron wall" that can withstand touma. Though i wonder how people will act when and if they put the final scene with both of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That part with Mikoto felt somewhat unnecesary, only to please the fans, also this is because to much Mikoto is... annoying.

Thats why I keep saying more characters out of the cliche brings always a refreshing air to Index series .

P.S.: I'm the only one who thinks Touma needs more men as enemies instead sexy hot girls who will fall for him somehow? .... No, I don't want to see manservice .
what part?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:27   Link #178
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How heavy is 2.5m of hair? Anybody got a number?
It depends on how your genes are, some people has a fine hair and others don't.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 16:22   Link #179
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Suuure, because workers run around in shirts that are at least three numbers too small
If she really thinks that's a good disguise, she's a quite dimwitted bimbo
When Touma touched her, some kind of magic was neutralised - probably that was some magic she used to make people ignore her in her attention attracting outfit and her suspicious package. That way, she would indeed be in trouble if it was dispelled and people start noticing her because she's sticking out like a sore thumb.
Actually, I thought it was quite successful. People wouldn't assume "Oh, she's a magician transporting a dangerous artifact that can be used to start a war." They would be too distracted by her beauty and her revealing body to notice anything weird about her. Since the Daihasei is a huge event, there would be more people needed to help out, so she would fit right in. Nobody would be suspicious of that package since they would just think it was a billboard or a poster of some sort she's carrying around to put up somewhere.

Oriana specializes in magic used to run away. You'll see more of that later on.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 16:27   Link #180
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Actually, I thought it was quite successful. People wouldn't assume "Oh, she's a magician transporting a dangerous artifact that can be used to start a war." They would instead be distracted by her looks and the guys would oogle at her body. Nobody would be suspicious of that package since they would just think it was a billboard or a poster of some sort she's carrying around to put up somewhere.

Oriana specializes in magic used to run away. You'll see more of that later on.
That actually makes sense, having people look at her body would be easier then having to be suspicious about what she is lugging around. They would just be distracted by how she is dressed so... Vulgarly..
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.