AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-29, 19:38   Link #21
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
I guess its an impossible task then, because I do not plan on helping. However, if you need some criticism, I would be more than willing to offer you my services.

Here's some for free:

As soon as you start filling in plot holes, it stops being a novelization, and starts being fanfiction.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:50   Link #22
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
As soon as you start filling in plot holes, it stops being a novelization, and starts being fanfiction.
Quoted for truth. I'm surprised the Mods gave this thread the green light, to be honest.

@ Gin - Long time no see buddy! How you been??
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:59   Link #23
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Quoted for truth. I'm surprised the Mods gave this thread the green light, to be honest.

@ Gin - Long time no see buddy! How you been??
Well, it's made by a fan, and it is fiction...
In the end, it really does not matter what you wish to call it; only what you consider the content to be.
Sure, I'll judge a book's cover; but what's in between those covers is what really matters.
The purpose of the novelization is, always was, and always will be, to make Bleach better for us who see all those plotholes. Or, at least, to see how Bleach could be if it was better.
The fanfiction thread deals with fanfiction in as much as it all deviates from the storyline 180 Degrees for the most part, and none of it collaborates. It's the content of the stories for what the thread is called. I wish to take no part in that; it is my motivations, not necessarily all the means, by which I categorize my work.
If you do not wish to help; that's fine. However, constructive criticism is always welcomed; as long as you criticize by the standards I have just outlined.
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:08   Link #24
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Just because you stay closer to the storyline than other fanfictions doesn't make it not a fanfiction. If someone stole $10 from you, would you say they're not a thief, because they only took a little bit of money?
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:12   Link #25
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
Well if you're planning to get into writing, kudos to you. I've enjoyed it immensely, even my Bleach fan fiction that deviates 180 degrees from the storyline...

Painting all fan fiction writers with the same brush is not wise. There are some, granted they are few and far between, that take care to stick as closely to the original storyline as possible. Some merely try to "fill in the gaps" to develop under-developed characters, something which you yourself seem to be aiming to do.

The best and worst part about receiving constructive criticism for your writing is that you have absolutely no say in what parameters and standards people use to judge your work. Thinking you CAN dictate that is misguided and naive.

If you're mature enough to step back and see constructive criticism for what it is, you might actually learn something from it and improve. The amount of hate mail I got when I first started improved my writing immensely. If you are like most and take every comment as a personal slight well then it'll be a long, hard road, won't it.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:45   Link #26
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Painting all fan fiction writers with the same brush is not wise. There are some, granted they are few and far between, that take care to stick as closely to the original storyline as possible. Some merely try to "fill in the gaps" to develop under-developed characters, something which you yourself seem to be aiming to do.
Quote:
The fanfiction thread deals with fanfiction in as much as it all deviates from the storyline 180 Degrees for the most part, and none of it collaborates.
Don't patronize me for what I say unless it is genuinely warranted. I don't make generalizations if I can help it, believe you me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
The best and worst part about receiving constructive criticism for your writing is that you have absolutely no say in what parameters and standards people use to judge your work. Thinking you CAN dictate that is misguided and naive.

If you're mature enough to step back and see constructive criticism for what it is, you might actually learn something from it and improve. The amount of hate mail I got when I first started improved my writing immensely. If you are like most and take every comment as a personal slight well then it'll be a long, hard road, won't it.
Quote:
However, constructive criticism is always welcomed; as long as you criticize by the standards I have just outlined.
Of course I can't "dictate" criticism. I am aware of this fact. I merely welcome that which I desire; is that not true for all of us?
I cannot stop the hate mail; and I do see the merit in not doing so. But asking for hate-mail, or condoning it, is counter-intuitive.
I also don't recall ever expressing my views on criticism; it's mindless banter that I don't approve of. "hate Mail" and "Criticism" can absolutely help you; but not if it has no actual suggestions (stated or implied) in them.
I will not pass this off as fanfiction, but if you'd like to categorize it as such that's fine. I simply look at this novelization as more of an "abridging" than a whole new story.

@Langus
Which is why I am not passing this off as Tite Kubo's work; but at the same time, it really isn't my own creation at all. Fanfictions are usually stand-alone. The part's I've added are scattered throughout the book. A sentence here, a thought here, a cleaned-up translation here.
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:37   Link #27
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
Don't patronize me for what I say unless it is genuinely warranted. I don't make generalizations if I can help it, believe you me.
You did make generalizations and you will continue to do so as long as you portray your writing in a "my work" vs. "theirs" context. It's inevitable.

Quote:
Of course I can't "dictate" criticism. I am aware of this fact. I merely welcome that which I desire; is that not true for all of us?
Of course not. You're simply demanding that people offer criticism for your work within the standards you dictate.


Well, you seem to know everything there is to know about writing, so I won't repeat myself. I leave you to sit down with your thesaurus and self-aggrandizing "not a fan fiction" novelization of Bleach. Good luck, little buddy!
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:48   Link #28
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
You did make generalizations and you will continue to do so as long as you portray your writing in a "my work" vs. "theirs" context. It's inevitable.
We can agree to disagree on that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Of course not. You're simply demanding that people offer criticism for your work within the standards you dictate.
I see nothing demanding about "Would be Welcomed"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Well, you seem to know everything there is to know about writing, so I won't repeat myself. I leave you to sit down with your thesaurus and self-aggrandizing "not a fan fiction" novelization of Bleach. Good luck, little buddy!
1.) Patronization never convinces me; only genuine disproofs.

2.) I do not use a thesaurus...most of the time.

3.) You seem very experienced. I respect, value, and welcome that. However, what words I take seriously depend on the value of said words.
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:52   Link #29
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Lists are kind of my thing, please don't plagiarize me like you're plagiarizing Kubo.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:04   Link #30
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Lists are kind of my thing, please don't plagiarize me like you're plagiarizing Kubo.
1.) I use lists quite often. The fact that you use them is pure coincidence.

2.) At least Kubo has a copyright, making what I'm doing with the Novel actual plagiarism.

EDIT: I also am: not passing the story off as my own, and giving credit to TK. So it's not actually plagiarism; more like copyright infringement (as langus pointed out earlier).
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:16   Link #31
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
1)You started using lists after seeing me use them
2) At least you are honest about some of your crimes.
3) Are you sure Kubo wants credit for what you're doing?
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 23:02   Link #32
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
1)You started using lists after seeing me use them
2) At least you are honest about some of your crimes.
3) Are you sure Kubo wants credit for what you're doing?
1.) In this particular case, yes. Perhaps it was a subconscious thing, seeing you using them might have spurred me to use them when I did. But I assure you, it was not actually inspired by you.

2.) Thank you. I don't see them as "crimes", however, in the legal sense of the word. And I'm always honest about what I know to be the facts.

3.) I know he would certainly appreciate being recognized as the creator of what I'm infringing upon. I have a non-affiliation disclaimer in the final product. Or, at least, the current product (which I haven't uploaded yet)
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 23:16   Link #33
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Of course he would appreciate being recognized as the creator, but I was asking if he would really want people to associate his name with your 'work'.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 01:03   Link #34
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
1)You started using lists after seeing me use them
2) At least you are honest about some of your crimes.
3) Are you sure Kubo wants credit for what you're doing?


I'll leave you guys to it.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:50   Link #35
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 26
I used to try to talk sense to people but Gin's alternative treatments are more entertaining.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 09:41   Link #36
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I used to try to talk sense to people but Gin's alternative treatments are more entertaining.
Aren't they?


Also, Gin, when I originally said I was giving Kubo credit, I meant just that I was crediting him with making Bleach. No more, no less.

EDIT: Also, the Document link has been updated. I will update the link from my first post as well.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CM_z_NwG
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.

Last edited by Anubis62; 2010-11-30 at 10:01.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 12:58   Link #37
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
OMG just lay off Anubis already! geez you guys sound like youtube employees, obcessed with copyright and exist to spoil fun. (only difference is that we havent been Rick Roll'ed by you guys yet) 3...2...1... and you guys are gonna rick roll me
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 16:11   Link #38
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
So I deicided to give plagiarism a try, and novelized the deicide arc. Here's a link to my work.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 16:23   Link #39
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
So I deicided to give plagiarism a try, and novelized the deicide arc. Here's a link to my work.
I had a feeling you weren't the kind to be that open-minded.

Also, we've been over this: it's not plagiarism, it's copyright infringement.
Omission of refutation is an admission of fact, so I'll assume you agree with me. In that case, I recommend thinking before you make a smart comment.
It was funny, however.

Also, Kuma-san, everyone in this thread has pretty much agreed that my infringement is on par with fanfiction; so I don't really think that's the issue.
Thank you for understanding, however.
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 01:06   Link #40
Anubis62
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hueco Mundo
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
After reading the Death Note "BB Murder Case" ("Another Note") novelization, I humored the idea of novelizing the Bleach Manga. Naturally, there's something to be said for Manga not being compatible with novel-writing. However, that's something that can be fixed with good writing.
The only changes I would make would to fill in plot-holes, and put all of the chapters in the same context (since TK made alot of stuff up as he went, alot of earlier chapters simply feel empty after reading later chapters). What I want is a complete list of plot-holes people would like filled-in (along with suggestions as to HOW they should be filled), as well as any additions which would help with the whole "same context" sort of thing.

First Draft Here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CM_z_NwG
Up-to-Date Draft (constantly editing): https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxc...thkey=CMOgqPUC
__________________
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.