AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 19:26   Link #181
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Vista holding off Mihawk doesn't mean he's Mihawk's equal. You can't use the war's short, inconclusive fights as definitive indicators regarding tiers.
I think we can safely assume that the top swordsman in a Yonkou's crew is amongst the most powerful swordsmen out there.

I'd also like to put out there that we can safely assume that Mihawk is close to Yonkou level, and so are the 3 admirals, Marco, Jozu and Vista (the last two probably slightly below that).
Old 2010-11-20, 16:07   Link #182
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Jesus Burguess - I expect to see some insane wrestling moves from this guy (Kinnikuman Style )

It'd be so awesome if him and a partner (maybe Vasco?) teamed up to do a Cross Bomber-style move.

BTW, a theory I've had for a while now was that Blackbeard would eventually gain the ability to control time with his darkness fruit. I'm even more hyped for the idea after seeing the spoilers for the latest Steel Ball Run chapter.....
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 21:39   Link #183
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Off-topic: where did you get those spoilers?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 14:12   Link #184
marvelB

^I shall let you know via PM.

Going back on topic, now that w're on the verge of entering the Merman Island arc, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Fisher Tiger has connections to Roger or Whitebeard's crews.....
Old 2010-11-22, 14:41   Link #185
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Going back on topic, now that w're on the verge of entering the Merman Island arc, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Fisher Tiger has connections to Roger or Whitebeard's crews.....
Fisher Tiger seemed to be a very influential figure back when he was alive. The emancipation of both fishman and human slaves was an event of major significance. Despite being a savior on behalf of the fishman race, said race has still been mistreated by humans to this day.

I presume that prior to Whitebeard claiming Fishman Island as his territory, Fisher Tiger used to be the one reigning over the place. Whitebeard must have respected the fact that Fisher Tiger didn't tolerate any injustices towards his home/people; and subsequent to Tiger's death, he protected Fishman Island in honor of him. This explains why Jimbei has much admiration, gratitude, and respect for the Whitebeard pirates.
Old 2010-11-22, 14:53   Link #186
marvelB

^Yes, something like that came to my mind, as well. What was interesting was that he ended up saving saving human slaves from the world nobles as well as his own kin despite the fact that he harbored hatred towards the former race. I'd imagine that fact alone would win the respect of guys like Roger and Newgate.....
Old 2010-11-22, 14:56   Link #187
james0246

^Or, Fisher was a vicious man-hating Fish (which he is said to have been) who Whitebeard had to kill. And the island only fell under his protection due to the fact that Whitebeard took down their leader. Subsequently, Jinbei only admires Whitebeard because, while a conqueror, he did not harm or otherwise hurt the Fishpeople.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 15:05   Link #188
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
What was interesting was that he ended up saving saving human slaves from the world nobles as well as his own kin despite the fact that he harbored hatred towards the former race. I'd imagine that fact alone would win the respect of guys like Roger and Newgate.....
Indeed. I'm also quite certain that Fisher Tiger was the strongest fishman to have ever lived. To literally climb up the Red Line with his bare hands and challenge the World Nobles is something very few would dare to do. In all honesty, I could see Fisher Tiger being comparable to guys like Roger, Whitebeard, and Shiki. Perhaps they were akin to the Yonkou that exist today.
Old 2010-11-22, 18:33   Link #189
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Hopefully, they'll be alot about Fisher Tiger coming into Fishman Island..... hopefully from a former Sunny Pirate like Jinbei, Hatchan, or even Arlong.

I'd also like to know how someone like him died~
Old 2010-11-22, 20:01   Link #190
longnose-kun

or is he even dead at all?????
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 14:18   Link #191
marvelB

And now, to discuss something else different: In OP Green, it was hinted that the Emerald City (which Binami Bellamy once mentioned during the Jaya arc,) may actually exist after all! If this is the case, I sense a storyline of Skypiea-level epicness in the horizon! I wonder, since the city of gold was located in the sky, will the Straw-Hats have to go underground to reach the next legendary location, or perhaps even the moon.....?
Old 2010-11-28, 15:01   Link #192
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
And now, to discuss something else different: In OP Green, it was hinted that the Emerald City (which Binami Bellamy once mentioned during the Jaya arc,) may actually exist after all! If this is the case, I sense a storyline of Skypiea-level epicness in the horizon! I wonder, since the city of gold was located in the sky, will the Straw-Hats have to go underground to reach the next legendary location, or perhaps even the moon.....?
Thinking on Skypia what happened to Eneru
Old 2010-11-28, 16:15   Link #193
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Thinking on Skypia what happened to Eneru

Spoiler for Eneru's Great Space Operations:
Old 2010-11-28, 16:52   Link #194
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Spoiler for Eneru's Great Space Operations:
I found the Skypia arc with Eneru similar to Deicide maybe Aizen will have a mini arc like this
Old 2010-11-28, 18:50   Link #195
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
or perhaps even the moon.....?
It would feel awfully familiar if the Straw Hats went up to an impossible height to find a city made of some valuable resource and had to fight Eneru again.
Old 2010-11-28, 19:39   Link #196
longnose-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
It would feel awfully familiar if the Straw Hats went up to an impossible height to find a city made of some valuable resource and had to fight Eneru again.
Or maybe with Eneru this time?
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:49   Link #197
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose-kun View Post
Or maybe with Eneru this time?
What if they found him in New World
Old 2010-11-30, 14:09   Link #198
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post

Actually, Eneru may not be the enemy this time around, even with his newfound moon army. It's possible that the leader(s) of those weasel-looking pirate aliens may be the new threat at some point in the near future. And considering that the previous storyline had Luffy team up with a bunch of old enemies (as well as CP9's ministory hinting towards them being potential allies at some point, as well), it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Luffy and co. band together with the thunder god and those wacky robots to bring down a common foe......
Old 2010-11-30, 21:16   Link #199
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Actually, Eneru may not be the enemy this time around, even with his newfound moon army. It's possible that the leader(s) of those weasel-looking pirate aliens may be the new threat at some point in the near future. And considering that the previous storyline had Luffy team up with a bunch of old enemies (as well as CP9's ministory hinting towards them being potential allies at some point, as well), it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Luffy and co. band together with the thunder god and those wacky robots to bring down a common foe......
I bet that he still fight Eneru just not as the main villain similar to my belif on Aizen's return. Eneru will return gain, but he won't be the fighter for Luffy( after all he has no chance against I don't care how much stronger he has gotten) he will have a ally of his that he met maybe the true leader of the aliens
Old 2010-11-30, 23:17   Link #200
grey_1960
Baby 5

Eneru
All this talk of Eneru seems pretty cool. His logia ability and a strong use of mantra already says potentials. Personally I think Eneru would be great in the New World. Especially after the time skip. If luffy kicked ass after the timeskip I wonder what Eneru could do with that Logia and Haki combined. He used his mantra pretty well in battle. So if he learned the other two he would be pretty damn close to challenging other players like Big mama and Kaidou.

Future Yonkou?
I personally hope he makes it has one of the yonkou title. His god like attitude really would make things interesting. It would be a big shift from the normal yonkou attitude that we are used too so far.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote