AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-02, 02:12   Link #41
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Lol. Was the badmouthing the truth or has a hint of truth in it? Even though Tsukasa has a dark side I'm not sure what it is yet. I'm hoping she doesn't think of herself as a higher being, but a person that works hard for what she earns. We don't know anything about Tsukasa personality yet until the next episode unless you read the manga. So far Tsukasa a good person in heart because I remember how she openly lectured a bully in the second arc while the other peers watched only.
Admission: I read the manga.

Basically, all she's doing....

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
__________________
ZephyrLeanne is offline  
Old 2010-12-02, 02:26   Link #42
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
Admission: I read the manga.

Basically, all she's doing....

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
I'm not sure if I'm following you correctly, but are you saying all her deeds were an act. She was faking to care about her fellow students even at the second arc which proved differently otherwise. She might be doing all these activities to become successful, to gain respect, to prove she can do more than her sister, to keep her respectable image to her peers, and to give challenge to herself. All these activities could be for her gain and she may not be thinking about her peers, but I don't really see anything wrong in that. She is doing jobs nobody is willing to do so in the end she is only giving positive outcomes.

If she harming others and willing to backstab people then she should be hated.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Old 2010-12-02, 02:47   Link #43
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I'm not sure if I'm following you correctly, but are you saying all her deeds were an act. She was faking to care about her fellow students even at the second arc which proved differently otherwise. She might be doing all these activities to become successful, to gain respect, to prove she can do more than her sister, to keep her respectable image to her peers, and to give challenge to herself. All these activities could be for her gain and she may not be thinking about her peers, but I don't really see anything wrong in that. She is doing jobs nobody is willing to do so in the end she is only giving positive outcomes.

If she harming others and willing to backstab people then she should be hated.
Hm, maybe. But the manga did portray her as a chronic snarker.
__________________
ZephyrLeanne is offline  
Old 2010-12-02, 03:38   Link #44
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
Hm, maybe. But the manga did portray her as a chronic snarker.
What's a snarker?
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Old 2010-12-02, 05:42   Link #45
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
We should really restrict the discussion on Tsukasa on what has been shown in the anime. If you want to discuss Tsukasa based on the manga, there's a different thread for that.

And just for the record, I completely disagree with ZephyrLeanne's comparison of Tsukasa with the PM of Australia. What Tsukasa is doing is fundamentally different, because it has completely different roots.
Mentar is offline  
Old 2010-12-02, 09:32   Link #46
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
It's really not an act, because she does care about what she does. She's not backstabbing anyone or stepping over anyone to get what she wants. Everything she's shown to have accomplished was legitimately her own efforts. If you couldn't tell by now, she's taken most of the school responsibilities on her own.

However, her motivation for doing so much on her own is different than what most people think. Everyone thinks she does it because she's just that nice of a person, but in reality she does it because she doesn't trust anyone else to do it.

In my opinion, her reasoning would be along the lines of "If I don't, who will?"
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2010-12-02, 13:05   Link #47
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's really not an act, because she does care about what she does. She's not backstabbing anyone or stepping over anyone to get what she wants. Everything she's shown to have accomplished was legitimately her own efforts. If you couldn't tell by now, she's taken most of the school responsibilities on her own.

However, her motivation for doing so much on her own is different than what most people think. Everyone thinks she does it because she's just that nice of a person, but in reality she does it because she doesn't trust anyone else to do it.

In my opinion, her reasoning would be along the lines of "If I don't, who will?"
That sounds about right since nobody else would volunteer.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Old 2010-12-03, 23:19   Link #48
Fandal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
That sounds about right since nobody else would volunteer.
In a way, Tsukasa is running the school because nobody else cares as much as she does. In a way, if something were to happen to Tsukasa, I'm guessing things at this school would start going downhill really fast. It would be a disaster. She's that important.

Though the part I don't get is that people seem to hate her because of this. Without her, the festival would probably be 1/10 the size it is today due to the bickering and lack of energy the student body has (as seen in episode 21). Every arc shows a successful festival and that's pretty much thanks to Tsukasa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
We had amateur hackers and PIs on the run, and one class chair was ousted by the council of chairs after we learnt she had been badmouthing almost her whole class to the teachers.

I had problems with my first-year class, but I was open and transparent about it, so it was different.
Why would Tsukasa do something like that? Something like that doesn't fit the "perfect school president" model she wants everyone to see her as. The entire student body loves her because of that model. Her true personality is a private one that only she keeps to herself (until Junichi accidentally stumbled on it).

Does it also really matter if she truly really hates the entire class (which she probably doesn't) but keeps working hard for her's as well as their success?

Last edited by Fandal; 2010-12-03 at 23:48.
Fandal is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 00:14   Link #49
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
One interesting fact.
Nekokaburi (猫被り)
It literally means wearing cat.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2011-02-06 at 21:53.
GundamZZ is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 05:36   Link #50
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
One interesting fact.
Nekokaburi (猫被り)
It literally means wearing cat.
GundamZZ that fact does sound interesting but the pictures isn't showing.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Old 2011-02-06, 10:55   Link #51
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
In a way, Tsukasa is running the school because nobody else cares as much as she does. In a way, if something were to happen to Tsukasa, I'm guessing things at this school would start going downhill really fast. It would be a disaster. She's that important.

Though the part I don't get is that people seem to hate her because of this. Without her, the festival would probably be 1/10 the size it is today due to the bickering and lack of energy the student body has (as seen in episode 21). Every arc shows a successful festival and that's pretty much thanks to Tsukasa.



Why would Tsukasa do something like that? Something like that doesn't fit the "perfect school president" model she wants everyone to see her as. The entire student body loves her because of that model. Her true personality is a private one that only she keeps to herself (until Junichi accidentally stumbled on it).

Does it also really matter if she truly really hates the entire class (which she probably doesn't) but keeps working hard for her's as well as their success?
Tsukasa's private feelings of superiority aren't a problem as long as she doesn't show it. However, after letting it out on the girls who were bullying her, it's not surprising that less people would want to work with her.

Before that, the only girls who hated Tsukasa were those three, and I have a feeling those three girls disliked her for a while now and were just looking for a flaw to pick on the flawless class rep.
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2011-02-09, 20:28   Link #52
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
What's a snarker?
Someone who makes a lot of blithe yet snide remarks on stuff around him/her, while still portraying an outer mask of innocence. That's at least how the deadpan snarkers are. Other types of snarkers hold themselves to impossibly high standards, while comment on the complete idiocy of those around them. There are other kinds too, but those two are some of the more common types you see. They tend to be cynical about the world around them, in any case. Similar to Tsukasa, but the definition still doesn't quite fit.

That being said, I don't really think Tsukasa is a snarker, at least not in the anime. I haven't read the manga so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I feel like Tsukasa is more of a cross between a Stepford Wife (minus the crazy... or at least MOST of the crazy) and a hardened cynicist. So she is Stepford Wife, but instead of being hollow/depressed/crazy on the inside, she's simply... fierce and cynical (fiercely cynical?), I suppose. And maybe just a LITTLE crazy. Just a little.

Assuming you care enough to give her a label, which I really don't care either way.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2011-03-27, 04:28   Link #53
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outer space
Personally speaking, I dislike Tsukasa. Her character design is interesting, yes, I enjoyed watching her arc. It's not as if I dislike her in that I wish she wasn't apart of Amagami - No, no. I just don't like her, is all. If that makes sense... Hidden personalities are nice to uncover, but her attitude, both inside and out irked me. Basically, she made the series interesting, but I'd hate to know someone like that in real life. I'd just hate it. So much.

And unlike most people, I never like characters I wouldn't like to know in reality.
CrimsonSunshine is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.