AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favourite Arc is...
Substitute Shinigami 9 16.98%
Soul Society 36 67.92%
Arrancar 10 18.87%
Turn Back the Pendulum 14 26.42%
Hueco Mundo 10 18.87%
Fake Karakura 3 5.66%
Deicide 4 7.55%
Bount (Anime only) 3 5.66%
New Captain Shusuke Amagai (Anime only) 1 1.89%
Zanpakutou : The Alternate Tale (Anime only) 10 18.87%
Memories in the Rain [OAV 1] 4 7.55%
The Sealed Sword Frenzy [OAV 2] 0 0%
Memories of Nobody [Movie 1] 10 18.87%
The Diamond Dust Rebellion, Another Hyourinmaru [Movie 2] 4 7.55%
Fade to Black, I Call Your Name [Movie 3] 9 16.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-16, 22:35   Link #21
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Fav movie was definitely Memories of Nobody. It simply had it all.
Old 2010-11-17, 13:45   Link #22
chibianime32

my favorite arcs are the arrancar arc and the Zanpakuto arc. I liked the arrancar arc because mainly neliel, just because in general i think she's awesome, but then she like dissapears after getting her face smashed in by nnorita. I also loved this arc because of grimmjow and ulquiorra. grimmjow because he's again just phenomanal aspecially when he kicks in the wall that one episode and basically he kicks butt. i liked ulquiorra because, of when he fights ichigo and how he just has this aura of epicness, plus how he's like, ' i know i can kill you all so i dont have to look menacing'. Then the zanpakuto arc because i lovee!! how their zanpakuto turn into humans and fight them and then theres that whole, they realize that they don't really want to fight their swords so they like just take a beating and then earn there trust ( some people did this anyway..) i especially liked zebimaru and haineko they were soooo cool! <3
chibianime32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 14:36   Link #23
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can see where you're coming from but it's all based on preference really. You can consider them all the same arc if you want. I'm just going by what I thought everyone else considers to be arcs, based on what people say on the forum.
Fair enough. I'll just consider them one arc then.

So, my favorites:

-Substitute Shinigami: I liked the interactions between Rukia and Ichigo at first, but what really sold me on this arc was the individual cases where the rest of the cast would be faced with situations they'd have to overcome. Also was the only time where I actually cared about Kon.

-Soul Society: I recently sat down and reread this arc in volume form, and I only noticed that once I removed the veil of nostalgia, this arc did have a number of places where it dragged and didn't really make much sense or have enough consistency throughout.

And yet it manages to remain entertaining.

I think it's because even though the arc doesn't flow well at times, it still understands what to show and what to skip, and it works most of the time. It doesn't try and focus on all of the fights at the same time but rather have us see how the interesting fights go and the others are in the background. It also has the characters talk to each other (no, trash talk, grunting and yelling your attack name/saying your better than your opponent doesn't constitute a conversation) and try to understand their motivations and goals. The mystery about how was the one who killed Aizen while not exactly that well written as I remember it, made following the shinigami side a whole lot interesting.

The finale climax where Ichigo went head to head with Byakuya was especially great, but other moments like Ishida's fight with Mayuri, Rukia's flashback, and the fact that the characters didn't have to die to receive development in their last moments.

-Arrancar: of this one, I only liked the Turn Back the Pendulum portion and some of the cool moment (Yama-jii going old school, Isshin giving Aizen the finger, Rukia/9th fight (though the ending of that was complete BS) and Ichigo checking up on his sisters etc.) and that's is all. To me this was the low point of Bleach.

-Bount: I'm not sure why I like this one. On it's won, it's a decent arc, but when I put in the grander Bleach continuity, it just doesn't fit. Then it of course falls apart at the end.

-Zanpakutou : The Alternate Tale: I liked how they explored some of the characters motivations in here at the start of the arc, and the animation was also quite good. It suffers again at the end, but it's still had a stellar start.

-Memories of Nobody: My favorite Bleach movie. It is very rare seeing how the movie does have it's fair share of fanservice fights that are pointless to show but also bog down the movie in places, but Senna story was very well fleshed out and her predicament on not actually being an individual managed to tug my heart strings. The scene where she started recalling her faux memories was IMO one of the most powerful scenes in any Bleach movie thus far. What tops it off was the ending where Ichigo brings her to the grave.

And that was what really drew me in this movie. The quite scenes where Senna would be so full of life and happy go lucky girl and how it contrasts with the ending. It gave the film the bittersweet touch I love about such out of continuity movies like these.

-to add-
Old 2010-11-24, 02:38   Link #24
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
Well, I tried to do the trick, luckily it worked! =D I added a poll for voting too =P

As for my favourite arc : Soul Society hands down! Why? It was the only one which kept me wanting for more until the end!
Its all said here.....
Old 2010-11-24, 02:40   Link #25
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Why is movie 1 the best rated movie
Old 2010-11-24, 03:34   Link #26
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Because everybody loves Senna.

Many people don't like Hitsugaya so the 2nd film splits the fanbase, and the 3rd film had very little actual depth to add that we hadn't already seen in the first two films.
Old 2010-11-24, 04:30   Link #27
sayde

1.) Soul Society arc: For me, this is where the series started getting interesting. In fact, all throughout the first arc of the show, the only thing that urged me to continue on with the series was the brief clip shown in the anime's very first OP that featured Ichigo taking on other shinigami. Because it foreshadowed the likely possibility that the series would move on from random hollow slaying adventures to a more interesting premise later on.

So once the series got to this point and we were shown the very first 13 court guard squad meeting, I was officially hooked. After hyping up the strength of all the VC and Captain level shinigami, I was pretty psyched to learn more about these characters as the plot unfolded. The battles were epic, a lot of the captains were just plain badasses, and then there's Aizen. Holy crap, this guy defined Bleach for me. Never before had I seen such a competent bad guy portrayed in animated medium prior to the SS arc. I fell in love. And his leading role in one of the coolest plot twists I had ever witnessed in a shounen didn't hurt his image either.

2.) Deicide: I've developed a strong love and hate relationship with this arc. On one hand, this arc contained everything I had waited to see since the SS arc--that being an action packed arc that centered around Aizen. It was the first time in a long time that I felt such a sense of restlessness week after week to find out what would happen next. I enjoyed seeing the guy pwn Isshin, Urahara, & Yoruichi (3 of the most hyped fighters in this series) while cheating death through some of the most stupidest asspulls I've ever seen to date. I even enjoyed most of the various transformations Aizen had undergone due mostly in part to the mullet.

On the other hand, it's hard for me to completely ignore the massive amount of fail this arc contains, and it's even more difficult for me to figure out where to even begin. So I won't bother. All I will say is that this in-and-of-itself is worthy of it's own separate topic. *sighs*

My only saving grace with this arc is that Aizen wasn't killed off. Because it gives me a slight glimmer of hope that Kubo will eventually have Aizen return to the plot in order to give him the epic final battle he deserves where our protagonist can overcome him and his abilities in perfectly legit and plausible ways for a change. Seriously, the ending of the arc felt so rushed and unbelievable that I'm still having trouble taking it seriously as a definitive conclusion to a main antagonist that's been around now for years.

It's hard for me to rank the rest in any particular order. They all have their moments. But these 2 arcs with without a doubt were the only ones that kept me hooked all the way through from beginning to end (even if I wasn't completely satisfied with the outcome).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 08:39   Link #28
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:

Many people don't like Hitsugaya so the 2nd film splits the fanbase, and the 3rd film had very little actual depth to add that we hadn't already seen in the first two films.
So everybody loved it despite the pathetic villains for laughter and comedy
Old 2010-11-24, 09:21   Link #29
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Ha. I barely remember the villians at all.

I suppose you have a point in that the other two films did have somewhat better villians but in the end they all ended up being the same: Fodder for the good guys.
Old 2010-11-24, 09:24   Link #30
secretzfan
*Fansubber

At least movie 2 and 3 villians didn't get beat the moment the heroes said bankai!!! And movie 2 villain was freaky over powered at the end
Old 2010-12-01, 02:36   Link #31
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
My only saving grace with this arc is that Aizen wasn't killed off. Because it gives me a slight glimmer of hope that Kubo will eventually have Aizen return to the plot in order to give him the epic final battle he deserves where our protagonist can overcome him and his abilities in perfectly legit and plausible ways for a change.
Why would you want Ai-chan to come back into the plot? Ai-chan entrance marked the point were Kubo just gave up trying to avoid plot holes, and just deicided to make a character with the ability to retcon anything at any given time. If Ai-chan had a Bankai, it would be to have him retcon his Shikai into something else that was even more hax. Ai-chan is bad for the plot, no matter how pretty he is.

4 srs tho sayde, Ai-chan was only the main villain for the bad parts of Bleach, I'm hoping that Kubo has moved past the dark stains on Bleach known as the Hueco Mundo and Fake Karakura Town arcs, and your constant yearning for Ai-chan's return is directly interfering with him not having a chance of coming back. This is just like when you sabotaged me by not believing in Hiyori dieing hard enough.
Old 2010-12-01, 05:19   Link #32
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Ai-chan entrance marked the point were Kubo just gave up trying to avoid plot holes, and just deicided to make a character with the ability to retcon anything at any given time.
"The ability to retcon anything at any given time"? You'll have to excuse me if I find the personification of such an ability to be a turn-on.

Quote:
If Ai-chan had a Bankai, it would be to have him retcon his Shikai into something else that was even more hax.
that_would_be_so_COOOOOL!!!

Quote:
Ai-chan is bad for the plot, no matter how pretty he is. .
Time will tell how true that is. I get the feeling that just having Kubo involved by default makes things "bad for the plot". But hey, I could be wrong.

Quote:
your constant yearning for Ai-chan's return is directly interfering with him not having a chance of coming back.
Yes indeed. It's almost as if everything's going just as planned. C what i did there?

Quote:
This is just like when you sabotaged me by not believing in Hiyori dieing hard enough.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 05:55   Link #33
Gin
*Artist

Not believing at all =not believing hard enough in my book.
Old 2010-12-06, 16:06   Link #34
Anubis62

Quote:

Well said.
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 16:12   Link #35
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
"The ability to retcon anything at any given time"? You'll have to excuse me if I find the personification of such an ability to be a turn-on.

that_would_be_so_COOOOOL!!!

Time will tell how true that is. I get the feeling that just having Kubo involved by default makes things "bad for the plot". But hey, I could be wrong.

Yes indeed. It's almost as if everything's going just as planned. C what i did there?

It's nice to find another person who still believes and admires Aizen despite all the supposed facts.
But I must agree; Aizen's Trolling < TK's Trolling.
Aizen + Better Author = Win.

Heck,
Aizen = Win

I just want a good villain; whatever their abilities be. If I must watch a broken plot with a troll ability to get that, then so be it. I want Aizen back. Wariness of Hax abilities be damned...
I suppose it is only to be expected; you have my pity. There are no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There are only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world, it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 16:54   Link #36
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

My fav was the Soul Society Arc. The Hueco Mundo Acr was my second fav. My third fav was the substitute shinigami arc.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 17:17   Link #37
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Wait I gonna post them in order now
Adding more detail too
TOP 3 FAVS
1. Bounts- It is the best filler because it is cannon
1. Soul Society- Intresting and Ichiukia plus the END OF HYPNOSIS
2. Arranacar- Most intresting, great action, but it was only recycled from the soul society arc
3. Hueco Mundo arc- Because who doesn't like little Nel and her freinds not too mention Ulquirra and Grimmjow
4. Zanpaktou arc part 1- Muramasa is the 2nd best filler villian

Top 3 BEST OF THE WORST
1. Deicide- Lots of people say it was the ending, but for me even if the rest was good and the ending was bad the arc is good, but this was not. I hate slow paced stuff, but what really got me was the Aizen hax power which came to bore not to mention all the holes that added.
2. Shuskue Amagai- WTF The arc was terrible and a bad filler and came at random. Seriously like I want to a assassin come out of chibi girls.

Movies
1. Was okay but the captians won too easily
2. More action, a good enough story of Toshiro, and Ichiukia plus Matsumoto X Toshiro
3. It was short, but enough Ichukia and a compelling story. I cried after seeing those kids
Old 2010-12-07, 17:21   Link #38
kitten320

I liked Amagai arc as long as princess was not involved.
Old 2010-12-07, 17:34   Link #39
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I liked Amagai arc as long as princess was not involved.
But some epiosdes were just stupid like the vegi one, but if the prinncess wasn't involved then the whole arc falls down. This would be good if they just focussed om Amagai alone and it took place in the story, but the princcess is needed for there too be a plot
Old 2010-12-08, 15:01   Link #40
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

im so sick of watching that filler arc thats on rite no in the english dub. i keep hoping that im gonna here the voice over guy say "meanwhile back at the plot"

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote