AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-04, 23:43   Link #801
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I want Touma to either go to heaven or hell and go wild there

though on a serious manner. They can't find the body even if 3 major factions of the magic side tried to search him on the arctic ocean.

How big is the arctic ocean for magicians to not find his body?

I can only think of someone arrive there to get his body before someone appear or someone is lying and took him already.
well if someone have the chance of finding him is the science side, since any magic the magic side use to search for him would get sogebu-ed.

also aleisteir sended ppl for touma, so if hes there he migth the one that saved him, adter all IB migth be matured enough from what fiamma saw.
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2010-12-04, 23:52   Link #802
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Imagine Breaker stay the same at least from what I can tell the one who matures is Touma himself. If he can suppress the power which is stronger than fiamma.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 01:29   Link #803
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I want Touma to either go to heaven or hell and go wild there

though on a serious manner. They can't find the body even if 3 major factions of the magic side tried to search him on the arctic ocean.

How big is the arctic ocean for magicians to not find his body?

I can only think of someone arrive there to get his body before someone appear or someone is lying and took him already.
Or somehow he can breathe underwater and is still on the ocean bed....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 04:18   Link #804
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I think the author's not going to throw Touma into leading a antagonist organisation
but it would be different if Touma turned into a villain and joined Aleister
giorno is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 04:30   Link #805
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
But that's the same as Yuuji turning bad in shakugan no shana. I also think of that before but when I heard news about the latest shakugan no shana I had doubts it would lead into that too despite me liking to see index and mikoto vs touma.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 04:43   Link #806
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
but it would be different if Touma turned into a villain and joined Aleister
its actually pretty common , and even more in ligth novels.
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 04:55   Link #807
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But that's the same as Yuuji turning bad in shakugan no shana. I also think of that before but when I heard news about the latest shakugan no shana I had doubts it would lead into that too despite me liking to see index and mikoto vs touma.
Yuuji joining SnH because he has similar aims is understandable....


Crowley and Touma are different as night and day.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 05:12   Link #808
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Unlike Index. I haven't read shakugan no shana novels. I just learned that from flere so I would stop from that point because I don't know what's happening and being having the same aim. I wonder.

But I got to agree with Touma and Aleister being night and day but Touma and Fiamma are also like that too but the way they do things can be the same in such ways.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 05:54   Link #809
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Unlike Index. I haven't read shakugan no shana novels. I just learned that from flere so I would stop from that point because I don't know what's happening and being having the same aim. I wonder.

But I got to agree with Touma and Aleister being night and day but Touma and Fiamma are also like that too but the way they do things can be the same in such ways.
Fianma is different...he actually cares for humanity.....Aleister, he just wants power and mastery over Aiwass and AIM. Other than that, he's an emotionless bastard.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 06:43   Link #810
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
what if Aleister had a reason for it?
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 07:06   Link #811
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yuuji joining SnH because he has similar aims is understandable....


Crowley and Touma are different as night and day.
exactly. The point would be to turn Touma into a completely different character, and see how the others would react to it
giorno is offline  
Old 2010-12-05, 10:08   Link #812
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
exactly. The point would be to turn Touma into a completely different character, and see how the others would react to it
memory loss and brainwashing by none other than your friendly neighborhood aleister



Also question. I looked at the beginning of this topic and found people views on touma harsh. Just want to know if your views on the anime adaptation of touma have changed?

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2010-12-05 at 11:42.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 05:40   Link #813
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
No, but the opposite did happen once. Mikoto once tried to electrocute them for making Touma smash face-first into Itsuwa's chest (The scene is too hilarious, so I'll wait for the actual translations go up on Baka-Tsuki before comment further ). This is in Vol16 Ch1, so everyone start praying for Teh Ping to get there soon
Well, I've done that part, so shoot.
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 14:37   Link #814
Salt
the cynic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere between life and death.
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Also question. I looked at the beginning of this topic and found people views on touma harsh. Just want to know if your views on the anime adaptation of touma have changed?
In my unsolicited opinion, personally I find Touma boring.

I guess I'm just burned out on the "Hero of justice and all that's right" archetype, that seem to lead nearly every shounen anime.

I really want to see more protagonists with an "edge" of some sort - a dark side.

Lelouch was the last protagonist in a shounen anime that I liked.

Half the time I end up "cheering" for the less than wholesome co-lead characters. ><
eg. Accelerator, Sasuke ... etc
__________________
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Salt is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 15:01   Link #815
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
In my unsolicited opinion, personally I find Touma boring.

I guess I'm just burned out on the "Hero of justice and all that's right" archetype, that seem to lead nearly every shounen anime.

I really want to see more protagonists with an "edge" of some sort - a dark side.

Lelouch was the last protagonist in a shounen anime that I liked.

Half the time I end up "cheering" for the less than wholesome co-lead characters. ><
eg. Accelerator, Sasuke ... etc
So anti-heroes.

He might actually become one. sorta
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 15:15   Link #816
Salt
the cynic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere between life and death.
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
So anti-heroes.

He might actually become one. sorta
Pretty much I suppose. ><

At least add a little darkness to the character.

Another thing that annoys me of such "hero" characters, they dash into any situation head first and somehow comes out ahead every damn time.

If Touma is going to turn antihero, he is going to need a major 180 degree attitude change, that guy is about as wholesome "guaranteed to get into heaven" as you can get.
__________________
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Salt is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 15:22   Link #817
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Pretty much I suppose. ><

At least add a little darkness to the character.

Another thing that annoys me of such "hero" characters, they dash into any situation head first and somehow comes out ahead every damn time.

If Touma is going to turn antihero, he is going to need a major 180 degree attitude change, that guy is about as wholesome "guaranteed to get into heaven" as you can get.
what i like about him which i have mentioned a few pages back in this forum is that he isnt a little bitch like some people who have harems. Like in that samurai show that came out. His sense of justice actually gets better(like it grows on you).

Also, have you read the novels?
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 15:30   Link #818
Salt
the cynic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere between life and death.
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
what i like about him which i have mentioned a few pages back in this forum is that he isnt a little bitch like some people who have harems. Like in that samurai show that came out. His sense of justice actually gets better(like it grows on you).

Also, have you read the novels?
Sadly no. Everything I know is from the anime and wikis.

Morally perfect "Superman" (literal Superman; Sups is practically the modern standard for the trope) heroes have kind of worn thin on me.

At least Mitoko has her moments of doubt and regret... Well, that and she is cute. ^.^

PS: anti-heros don't necessarily have to be 24/7 emo. A little mess-up-ness like Batman goes a long way.
__________________
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Salt is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 15:58   Link #819
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Sadly no. Everything I know is from the anime and wikis.

Morally perfect "Superman" (literal Superman; Sups is practically the modern standard for the trope) heroes have kind of worn thin on me.

At least Mitoko has her moments of doubt and regret... Well, that and she is cute. ^.^

PS: anti-heros don't necessarily have to be 24/7 emo. A little mess-up-ness like Batman goes a long way.
well dont want to spoil for you so if you want to read the novels go here
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...jutsu_no_Index
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-12-06, 17:10   Link #820
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
There's no need to worry. Touma is by no means perfect.

I will agree that the anime doesn't really do good justice to his character, because he's not the type of person who talks unless its against an enemy, so you never quite get him. I suggest reading the LN.

It, being the original source, gives Touma a lot more depth I believe.
outerelf is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.