AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-30, 08:41   Link #281
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Don't know where you got the idea that Sweden and Japan allows incest. Incest of blood relation within third degree is illegal Sweden, and same as in Japan. ie, you can not marry to you aunts and uncle but you can marry your cousins.
I have no idea who brought that idea up


From my knowledge, the strictest law is in Korea, which bans to the third generation (eight cousins). The only way to get over this is if one side is either a non-national or a naturalized national, since under the law that side is not considered a relative. This is my case (naturalized former Japanese citizen engaged to a sixth cousin).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 09:00   Link #282
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Don't know where you got the idea that Sweden and Japan allows incest. Incest of blood relation within third degree is illegal Sweden, and same as in Japan. ie, you can not marry to you aunts and uncle but you can marry your cousins.
Actually, what Hoodspirit said (about Japan anyway) is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Other states like Japan, Finland and Sweden have dropped it as well but restrict marriage.
Spoiler for from the Japanese wiki:

So if Kyousuke and Kirino want to have a relationship ONCE THEY ARE BOTH ADULTS, then the law wouldn't prevent them from doing so, provided they don't try to get married. (I'm not entirely sure which 'definition' of adult they use though. Japanese people come of age at 20, but the national age of consent is 13, and different jurisdictions can have their own ordinances that restrict it further, up to the age of 18 (source).)

@Sumeragi
Rather than 6th cousins, you and your fiance are 2nd cousins (related by 6 degrees of kinship, collaterally), and Korean law prohibits marriage to the level of 3rd cousins (related by 8 degrees, collaterally). I seem to remember you using the correct terms somewhere else in the forum though...
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes



Last edited by karice67; 2011-10-10 at 08:04.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 15:18   Link #283
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Actually, what Hoodspirit said (about Japan anyway) is accurate.

Spoiler for from the Japanese wiki:

So if Kyousuke and Kirino want to have a relationship ONCE THEY ARE BOTH ADULTS, then the law wouldn't prevent them from doing so, provided they don't try to get married. (I'm not entirely sure which 'definition' of adult they use though. Japanese people come of age at 20, but the national age of consent is 13, and different jurisdictions can have their own ordinances that restrict it further, up to the age of 18 (source).)

@Sumeragi
Rather than 6th cousins, you and your fiance are 2nd cousins (related by 6 degrees collaterally), and Korean law prohibits marriage to the level of 3rd cousins (related by 8 degrees collaterally). I seem to remember you using the correct terms somewhere else in the forum though...
That makes so much sense then since in Koi Kaze the main character verbally said he wasn't going to get married. This opens up a lot of doors then since Kirino can actually elope with Kyosuke.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 20:33   Link #284
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
@Sumeragi
Rather than 6th cousins, you and your fiance are 2nd cousins (related by 6 degrees collaterally), and Korean law prohibits marriage to the level of 3rd cousins (related by 8 degrees collaterally). I seem to remember you using the correct terms somewhere else in the forum though...
Yeah, I used the degree system for some reason..... Probably because Japan/Korea calls cousins by the degree system.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 21:50   Link #285
Sprite_Coke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ you guys make it too confusing ....
By degree system you mean like
일촌 = siblings
이촌 = parents
삼촌 = uncles
사촌 = cousins
__________________
Click for my MyAnimeList
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 21:57   Link #286
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Yes, Sprite_Coke. That's the degree system. The English version go by generational division, so second cousin are cousins by the second generation (or sixth degree) and third cousins are those separated by three generations.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 10:10   Link #287
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Protip: It's actually just a simple calculation...

Relationship of Parent and son/daughters= 1촌
Relationship between two siblings (Brother or sisters) = 2촌

Distance between two relatives are calculated based on these two... For example, grandparents are 2촌, as they are parents of parents (1촌 + 1촌 = 2촌). Uncle is 3촌, as he is a brother of parents; (2촌 + 1촌 = 3촌) In case of cousin, it's son/daughters of brother of parents, 1+2+1 = 4촌.

Edited: and, the winner is Kuroneko, anyways~
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 23:11   Link #288
Newprimus
SAN PT COLLECTOR
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
That makes no sense because genetically you are closer to your sibling than you are to either of your parents. Probably just some traditional form of measuring.
__________________
FIGHT FOR DESU!!!
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 23:32   Link #289
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
That makes no sense because genetically you are closer to your sibling than you are to either of your parents. Probably just some traditional form of measuring.
Actually, you could be closer to your sibling, but you could also be further apart. Anyone is guaranteed to have half of their parent's DNA, but theoretically, a person can range from being 100% identical (identical twins) to not sharing DNA at all with a sibling (highly highly unlikely), though chances are that around half their DNA will be the same.
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:27   Link #290
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
That makes no sense because genetically you are closer to your sibling than you are to either of your parents. Probably just some traditional form of measuring.
It still make sense since I hate genetics, a lot.

The reason that brother/sisters are 2촌 is just the fact that they are considered to be 'Son/daughters of your parents' which will is like going up by 1 generation and going back down, thus 1+1 = 2촌.
__________________
If anyone attacks Shaft
I will be there to defend it to death.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:27   Link #291
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
I feel like depending on how this series turns out, the approval of incest in Japan will either increase or remain the same (I don't see it ever going down ). Either way, people will be pissed. But as for the series itself (being a fiction), I'm just interested to see how things end up for Kirino. I always wanted to see how non-doujinshi mainstream would handle a relationship like this (maybe I haven't looked hard enough though ).
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 11:34   Link #292
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Actually, you could be closer to your sibling, but you could also be further apart. Anyone is guaranteed to have half of their parent's DNA, but theoretically, a person can range from being 100% identical (identical twins) to not sharing DNA at all with a sibling (highly highly unlikely), though chances are that around half their DNA will be the same.
Yes and no. The DNA that you're referring to is what is expressed in the individual. But siblings still have identical genetic makeup. They just have different genes that are 'activated,' so to speak. That's why you can have a child with different hair or eye color from both of his parents; the trait might not be expressed in the parents but it exists somewhere lying dormant in their genes from some other ancestor.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 19:06   Link #293
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in the land down under ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Yes and no. The DNA that you're referring to is what is expressed in the individual. But siblings still have identical genetic makeup. They just have different genes that are 'activated,' so to speak. That's why you can have a child with different hair or eye color from both of his parents; the trait might not be expressed in the parents but it exists somewhere lying dormant in their genes from some other ancestor.
Trust me, other than identical twins, siblings DO NOT have identical genetic makeup - my uni major was in Genetics, so don't even try to convince me otherwise. There is no way that you can inherit ALL the DNA from both your parents because that would give you twice the amount of DNA that a normal human has and you'd die in the early stages of development. Try reading this.
__________________



You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.



"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes


karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 19:36   Link #294
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Speaking as a Bio minor, I concur.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 21:16   Link #295
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Actually, what Hoodspirit said (about Japan anyway) is accurate.

Spoiler for from the Japanese wiki:

So if Kyousuke and Kirino want to have a relationship ONCE THEY ARE BOTH ADULTS, then the law wouldn't prevent them from doing so, provided they don't try to get married. (I'm not entirely sure which 'definition' of adult they use though. Japanese people come of age at 20, but the national age of consent is 13, and different jurisdictions can have their own ordinances that restrict it further, up to the age of 18 (source).)

@Sumeragi
Rather than 6th cousins, you and your fiance are 2nd cousins (related by 6 degrees collaterally), and Korean law prohibits marriage to the level of 3rd cousins (related by 8 degrees collaterally). I seem to remember you using the correct terms somewhere else in the forum though...

My bad, I was concentrated on the marriage side of thing. I stand corrected, thanks.

Other than that I am aware that the age of consent in Japan is 13 and in addition they can get legally married at age of 16.

As for the degree system. As karice67 said, yo are guaranteed 50% of your parents's DNA, but those 50% might not be the same 50% as your siblings. Granted, probability-wise you and yoursibling is more likely to have more matching DNA than your parents, but that's not guaranteed and that why the degree system is still works more vast majority of time.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 21:57   Link #296
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
Quote:
Other than that I am aware that the age of consent in Japan is 13 and in addition they can get legally married at age of 16.
(While continue to get off topic)
According to this, it's 18 for male and 16 for female.
http://www.interpol.int/Public/Child...s/csaJapan.asp

Although they still need consent if they're minor (20 years old I think...since age of majority is 20 in Japan).

Spoiler:
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 04:33   Link #297
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Im kinda knew here in this thread so many question are piling up but theres only 1 Q that I want you guys to answer? does Kuroneko goes to the same school as Kyousuke? and If my memory is correct shes the same age as Kirino so 2-3years younger than Kyou-chan?

EDIT: Not that I mind but why are there so many Imouto themes this year? just like Kyousuke said is it "watch Imouto route" anime day? anyways thats a jk~ your free to ignore it!
__________________


Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 05:09   Link #298
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Both Saori and Kuroneko are 1 year older than Kirino, despite them not looking like it (especially Saori, she looks older than Kyosuke).
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 05:17   Link #299
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
hmmm so shes 15 and Kyousuke is 2nd yr so 17....2years thats legal right?
__________________


Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 20:32   Link #300
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Trust me, other than identical twins, siblings DO NOT have identical genetic makeup - my uni major was in Genetics, so don't even try to convince me otherwise. There is no way that you can inherit ALL the DNA from both your parents because that would give you twice the amount of DNA that a normal human has and you'd die in the early stages of development. Try reading this.
I worded my post incorrectly. I meant that siblings still have the same pool of genes, with different ones activated in the individual. I'm not a bio major so I'm sure I don't know as much as you but I did not mean to suggest each sibling possesses 100% of their parents DNA, rather I meant to say they are still selected from the same greater pool. I thought you were saying that a child could inherit 100% of their genetic makeup from one parent or the other, when in reality this cannot be true. But that's not what you meant so disregard that.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.