AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-08, 02:44   Link #1
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
[Manga] Chapter 520 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Short spoilers out...

Quote:
-Madara confronts Kabuto concernign his motivations. He demands that Kabuto kill Anko. Kabuto, of course, refuses, saying he needs her as a sacrifice to attain more of Orochimaru's powers. In response, Madara calls forth Fuu and Torune from his eyeball, and kills them in order to learn more about Edo Tensei...

Info on Edo Tensei revealed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
From Evil at NF.

- So Edo Tensei has nothing to be with dying with regrets. You just need DNA.
- Jiraiya will not be summoned because Kabuto lacks his DNA.
- Those that are in the Death God cannot be summoned.
- Anko will likely remain alive since she has a purpose like Yamato.
- Nidame thought up Edo Tense, but it's really Oro's jutsu.
- Kabuto still has something he thinks will one up Madara.
- Fu and Torune were offed like fodder. So I guess they count as good guy deaths. One of them will probably be a zombie.

-The Alliance move out...so does Zabuza and Haku...

Amd that's all for now...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-08 at 14:34.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 07:49   Link #2
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Spoiler is out.

Naruto continues training.

Madara asks Kabuto to kill Anko
Kabuto refuses and says he needs a sacrifice for his new jutsu. Apparently, that new justu is without risk. (for the victim ? for Kabuto ?)
Madara provides him with Fuu and Torune so there is no reason for Kabuto to spare Anko anymore

The ambush squad does their things.
The alliance army starts moving.
Haku and Zabuza are activated.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:37   Link #3
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Madara provides him with Fuu and Torune so there is no reason for Kabuto to spare Anko anymore
-Oh FFS, enough of this! We just had Konan die on us and now Anko has a potential death flag? Its at times like this I am reminded of Chris Rock's "Dead Rapper" bit, except replaced as such: "Only the good women are dead. Konan's dead, Kushina: dead, Sakura: still alive".

-That aside, sounds like the war is well on its way. Its about time for the party to get started, though how much use will Zabuza be without his sword?
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 10:00   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Zabuza still got his hidden mist leet silent assassin skills, Haku has bloodline limit. His needles are useless since people fend off projectiles like nothing with chakra alone though...
Quote:
He demands that Kabuto kill Anko.
Why am I not surprised...
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 10:04   Link #5
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
lol, they're still trying to prolong Anko's screen time? She looks already dead to me. It's like they're parading her corpse with every chapter.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 10:50   Link #6
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Zabuza still got his hidden mist leet silent assassin skills, Haku has bloodline limit.
-Oh Haku will be fine, his Hyoton kekkei genkai is potent. But were Zabuza's assassination skills not focused on his sword? To me, that's like de-clawing a cat. Sure it still has teeth but its primary weapon is gone. Still. I shouldn't be complaining, as both Zabuza and Haku are my favorites from the olden days. I always did wonder what would have happened if Haku survived and met an older Naruto some years later. In a way, this is as close as we're ever going to get to that. Though, it looks like that may not happen if they're already moving out.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 12:37   Link #7
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
I thought that both Zabuza and Haku had died in peace back then... I wonder how Kishi plans to send them off...
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 12:47   Link #8
Neji112
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Well Kabuto can just kill Anko and then resurrect her with Edo Tensei if he needs her so badly. Hell he could have Nagato resurrect her. There are several infinite 1-up abilties in this manga that death really isn't that point of believable drama anymore.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:20   Link #9
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Kabuto probably wanted to use Anko as a messenger, tell her some info about Madara and then let her go. However Madara probably is suspecting this so that's why he said to Kabuto to kill her right there. If we assume that Kishimoto does not want to kill Anko then we must assume that in the next chapter Madara will somehow be distracted and Kabuto will succeed with his plan. The distraction may be that Sasuke decided to join the war immediately or something else.

Now i wonder where the hell was Madara keeping those two root anbu ninjas. They sure were jounin level and still Madara was able to keep them locked up so easily. Did he give them food and water or they were kept in a dimenstion where time flows at a much slower pace? If Madara can do that why didn't he capture the demon hosts (Naruto for example) the same way?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:30   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Kabuto probably wanted to use Anko as a messenger, tell her some info about Madara and then let her go. However Madara probably is suspecting this so that's why he said to Kabuto to kill her right there.
-Enter Kabuto's convenient body collection. Everyone remember the stunt he pulled where he made a "clone decoy" of Sai way back after Naruto and Orochimaru's fight? Now's the perfect time to use it and pull one over Madara since he certainly doesn't know about it. Well either that, or inject Anko with some sort of death-lookalike-poison, though personally I prefer the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Now i wonder where the hell was Madara keeping those two root anbu ninjas. They sure were jounin level and still Madara was able to keep them locked up so easily. Did he give them food and water or they were kept in a dimenstion where time flows at a much slower pace? If Madara can do that why didn't he capture the demon hosts (Naruto for example) the same way?
-Good point. Exactly why did he not enter the fray earlier and use this ability. Frankly, Naruto was a much easier target for him 2 years prior so why not start then? It makes little sense in the grand scheme of things. What, was waiting no big deal? But it is at this point that I remember the Tsuchikage's observation: if this guy really is Madara, then why is he using these roundabout methods when the real Madara would have no problems accomplishing them with ease.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:37   Link #11
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
because if madara caught naruto, how would he complete his training?

plot always outweighs logic lol...even if the logic is sound and straight forward, because logic would really ruin the manga and/or characters.

if madara could capture everyone and anyone, he wouldnt really need akatsuki.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:40   Link #12
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
This will explain a lot until the full script is translated.

From Evil at NF.
Quote:
Oro did try to summon Yondaime, but was unable to because it's impossible. Edo tensei needs DNA to ressurect the dead, and that's why Jiraiya couldn't be resurrected, because Kabuto could not get the DNA. Madara demands that Kabuto demonstrate how Edo tensei works and uses Fuu and Torune, he snaps on of there necks and then tells Kabuto to revive one in the others body. Kabuto kept Anko alive so that he can suck out the remaining remanents of Orochimaru's pressence from the cursed seal within Anko to make himself stronger. Nidame appearently thought up Edo Tensei, but it was actually Orochimaru he completed and used it.

There is a scene where Kabuto shoves a dagger into Fuu or Torune's head and gets splashed in the face with blood. And Kabuto thinks that it's okay to show Madara how Edo Tensei works because he still has a trump card.
- So Edo Tensei has nothing to be with dying with regrets. You just need DNA.
- Jiraiya will not be summoned because Kabuto lacks his DNA.
- Those that are in the Death God cannot be summoned.
- Anko will likely remain alive since she has a purpose like Yamato.
- Nidame thought up Edo Tense, but it's really Oro's jutsu.
- Kabuto still has something he thinks will one up Madara.
- Fu and Torune were offed like fodder. So I guess they count as good guy deaths. One of them will probably be a zombie.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:47   Link #13
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Kabuto has blood/DNA from Zabuza and Haku (and Hanzo, Nagato, etc), but not Jiraiya, a person he has actually been in a battle with? How does that work?

Additional Info:
Nagato and Itachi have all their powers (unconfirmed if MS is available), and Kabuto wanted to get the 6 Paths and Shisui, but was unable...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-08 at 14:32.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 14:34   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
^ That's because Orochimaru had his eyes on Sasuke ever since the chuunin entry test, and Kabuto was there at the time. Since Sasuke always wears the same clothes, he is bound to have some rust from Haku's needles on him, but Haku's needles also have Zabuza's blood!.....no?
More importantly, where the hell did he get DEIDARA's DNA, the dude turned himself into a huge atomic bomb, there should be literally nothing left of him.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 14:41   Link #15
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ That's because Orochimaru had his eyes on Sasuke ever since the chuunin entry test, and Kabuto was there at the time. Since Sasuke always wears the same clothes, he is bound to have some rust from Haku's needles on him, but Haku's needles also have Zabuza's blood!.....no?
More importantly, where the hell did he get DEIDARA's DNA, the dude turned himself into a huge atomic bomb, there should be literally nothing left of him.
I imagine Kabuto got his DNA long before that. Offer Deidara a cup of tea and then wipe the DNA off the cup. Screw the Rock Lee joke manga. They should give Kabuto a spin off showing the lengths he went to collect everyone's DNA. But somehow he couldn't get Jiraiya's? Meh.

Oh and we learn that all the zombies can use their bloodline limits. So Nagato and Itachi are intact.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 15:45   Link #16
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kabuto has blood/DNA from Zabuza and Haku (and Hanzo, Nagato, etc), but not Jiraiya, a person he has actually been in a battle with? How does that work?
Maybe he didn't collect the DNA of strong people at that time. BTW when did he fight Jiraiya? I remember only that Jiraiya was drugged so he only briefly fought Orochimaru. Orochimaru could have collected DNA but i think he didn't want to because he still had some emotional connection to his former teammate and also it might be that he was not interested in Jiraiya's DNA because Jiraiya had no special bloodline.
Kabuto could collect DNA of Haku and Zabuza just as easily as Suigetsu was able to collect Zabuza's sword. Yes, it makes no sense that nobody else stole it in the meantime

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Nagato and Itachi have all their powers (unconfirmed if MS is available), and Kabuto wanted to get the 6 Paths and Shisui, but was unable...
WOW!
I think this is a hint that Madara will be able to Edo Tensei the sage of 6 paths. That will be sick.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 16:39   Link #17
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kabuto has blood/DNA from Zabuza and Haku (and Hanzo, Nagato, etc), but not Jiraiya, a person he has actually been in a battle with? How does that work?
According to the spoilers, DNA is also apparently hard to find, and yet he has the DNA of almost everyone we've seen in the manga?

....What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
BTW when did he fight Jiraiya?
Tsunade arc. Kabuto was there when the Sannin had their three-way battle.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 17:11   Link #18
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Maybe he didn't collect the DNA of strong people at that time. BTW when did he fight Jiraiya? I remember only that Jiraiya was drugged so he only briefly fought Orochimaru. Orochimaru could have collected DNA but i think he didn't want to because he still had some emotional connection to his former teammate and also it might be that he was not interested in Jiraiya's DNA because Jiraiya had no special bloodline.
Kabuto could collect DNA of Haku and Zabuza just as easily as Suigetsu was able to collect Zabuza's sword. Yes, it makes no sense that nobody else stole it in the meantime


WOW!
I think this is a hint that Madara will be able to Edo Tensei the sage of 6 paths. That will be sick.
Yea that is what I was thinking. Kabuto's best bet would be to wait till after they have died go to where they are buried and get a peice of hair or something. He would have faced some resistance though depending like if they were buried in a village or something.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 18:41   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Tsunade arc. Kabuto was there when the Sannin had their three-way battle.
And he didn't fight against Jiraiya, they just looked at each other from a distance. He was never in a position to collect Jiraiya's DNA.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 19:28   Link #20
tarachi
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
According to the spoilers, DNA is also apparently hard to find, and yet he has the DNA of almost everyone we've seen in the manga?

....What?


Tsunade arc. Kabuto was there when the Sannin had their three-way battle.
Well most of the DNA could probably come after they died so it is hard to find but not impossible. He may have looked hard of Zabuza and Haku's graveyard so as the others (former Kages). The dead Jinchuuriki's corpse are most likely around akatsuki's base.

Jiraiya's corpse will be impossible to find (pre Konan's death), because when Jiraiya died the village was being protected by Pain and Konan so Kabuto can't just looked around.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.