AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-10, 16:48   Link #1
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Trouble logging on

Since I've joined this site, I've noticed that I've had trouble logging on. Normally it takes at least 3 tries before I can log on, and when I do, while I'm posting, I often have to copy the post and log on again, since I get the message that I'm not authorized to post. This happen no matter what computer I'm using. Can I get some help with this problem, please?
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 18:47   Link #2
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Lounge
There is an option somewhere in the User CP to the top left where you can tick a box that says "Auto log on"
Which automatically re-logs you on the site when you perform an action.
__________________
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:04   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Since I've joined this site, I've noticed that I've had trouble logging on. Normally it takes at least 3 tries before I can log on, and when I do, while I'm posting, I often have to copy the post and log on again, since I get the message that I'm not authorized to post. This happen no matter what computer I'm using. Can I get some help with this problem, please?
  • Do you have javascript enabled?
  • Are you using the "Remember Me" option?
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:14   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Netherlands
Age: 35
This could be a problem related to cookies, which might be caused by browser security settings.

I'd suggest try browsing the forum with a different browser for a while, to see if the problem also happens with that other browser (ie: if you're using Firefox, try Chrome or Opera or the other way around).

Alternatively it may also be related to overzealous security software (av software, firewalls, etc) that tries to nuke anything it thinks is a "privacy invading" tracking cookie.

In either case though, the AnimeSuki forum wouldn't be the only site you'd have this problem with.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:36   Link #5
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
There is an option somewhere in the User CP to the top left where you can tick a box that says "Auto log on"
Which automatically re-logs you on the site when you perform an action.
Really, where? I don't see it.

Quote:
* Do you have javascript enabled?
* Are you using the "Remember Me" option?
Yes, Javascript is enabled, and I think 'Remeber Me' is on, though I'll have to double check

Quote:
This could be a problem related to cookies, which might be caused by browser security settings.

I'd suggest try browsing the forum with a different browser for a while, to see if the problem also happens with that other browser (ie: if you're using Firefox, try Chrome or Opera or the other way around).

Alternatively it may also be related to overzealous security software (av software, firewalls, etc) that tries to nuke anything it thinks is a "privacy invading" tracking cookie.

In either case though, the AnimeSuki forum wouldn't be the only site you'd have this problem with.
The problem persists no matter what computer or browser I use. And AnimeSuki is the only site I have this problem with.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.