AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-13, 10:18   Link #28141
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
It's crazily late/early here, but I was doing some editing and I couldn't resist posting .

Auris gets some vital information, and the first ViCia moment!

Crime Never Sleeps
Part 14


“The worst things we do are always by our own choice.”

Spoiler for Crime Never Sleeps, Part 14:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

New Part 1-4A
New Part 4B
New Part 5: Trial Day 1A
New Part 5: Trial Day 1B
New Part 5: Trial Day 1C and New Part 6
New Part 7
Part 8 and Part 9: Trial Day 2
Part 10: Trial Day 2
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
We can haz Lutecia vs. Rogue!Tagus, please? Pretty please? There's far too much potential in that. Just saying.

I suspected from the start you had some major plans for Raven, especially given how you were portraying her in later parts of CNS, but damn if this revelation pulled the rug out from under me! I never expected to learn that about her, of all things! Though Auris might want to be careful about that kind of information, it could come back to haunt her.

Also, I can't help but wonder who will kill Auris first before this is all over: Vivio, or Lutecia?

EDIT: Pageclaim for rogue fights!
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 10:26   Link #28142
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Updated Blood That Flows on FF.Net
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 10:57   Link #28143
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
It's crazily late/early here, but I was doing some editing and I couldn't resist posting .

Auris gets some vital information, and the first ViCia moment!

Crime Never Sleeps
Part 14


“The worst things we do are always by our own choice.”

Spoiler for Crime Never Sleeps, Part 14:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

New Part 1-4A
New Part 4B
New Part 5: Trial Day 1A
New Part 5: Trial Day 1B
New Part 5: Trial Day 1C and New Part 6
New Part 7
Part 8 and Part 9: Trial Day 2
Part 10: Trial Day 2
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Whoa momma, now i see from where Raven get her fire-arms skills. Still i can`t help but pity her - after years on the streets she got her family, but then she got robed from it.

Hm, what will happened if Vivio got killed by some random kingpin, what will Lutecia do?
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 10:57   Link #28144
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Hm, what will happened if Vivio got killed by some random kingpin, what will Lutecia do?
It would probably be the one and only time she would ever kill without orders or regrets.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 11:38   Link #28145
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
What would Lutecia do? Don't you mean what would Nanoha, Fate, and pretty much every other character of the cast would do?

Yes, there will be blood!
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 12:35   Link #28146
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Needless to say, it would be Lu's easiest kill by far. And Nanoha might even overlook it!

__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 14:50   Link #28147
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Season 1

A's

Jump

New Parts 1-30

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - New Part 31:
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:09   Link #28148
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post


Now, of course, she has to make good on this.
But would Vivio really want Auris as a friend? Even after the satisfaction of the befriending process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
We can haz Lutecia vs. Rogue!Tagus, please? Pretty please? There's far too much potential in that. Just saying.
Don't...tempt...me...

Quote:
I suspected from the start you had some major plans for Raven, especially given how you were portraying her in later parts of CNS, but damn if this revelation pulled the rug out from under me! I never expected to learn that about her, of all things! Though Auris might want to be careful about that kind of information, it could come back to haunt her.

Also, I can't help but wonder who will kill Auris first before this is all over: Vivio, or Lutecia?

EDIT: Pageclaim for rogue fights!
Yay for surprises! It's the reason why I had to dance around people's questions of "How did Raven actually get the drop on 12 trained killers?", since I wanted to keep things under wraps until this part .

Ah, it could come back to haunt her...but Auris is a lite-version of Hayate, so I don't think that she'll be too badly off...

Oh, Vivio, definitely. She'll throw Auris out of a high-story window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Whoa momma, now i see from where Raven get her fire-arms skills. Still i can`t help but pity her - after years on the streets she got her family, but then she got robed from it.

Hm, what will happened if Vivio got killed by some random kingpin, what will Lutecia do?
Yes, that's what I'm hoping will still have people sympathizing a little with Raven, despite finding out about her real identity .

Get to the killer before the other more idealistic and moral members of their family does?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:23   Link #28149
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
But would Vivio really want Auris as a friend? Even after the satisfaction of the befriending process?
Befriending changes people. For the better, generally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Don't...tempt...me...
Sounds like an omake.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 16:00   Link #28150
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Season 1

A's

Jump

New Parts 1-30

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - New Part 31:
Heh, Xellos, you may try to hide it, but you have some type of twisted bonds with slayers that you didn`t want to lose.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 16:29   Link #28151
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
But would Vivio really want Auris as a friend? Even after the satisfaction of the befriending process?
Befriending always changes people for the better! Arisa stopped picking on innocent schoolyard vampires! Fate became a franchise icon! Vivio got her own manga (albeit of iffy quality)!


Quote:
Don't...tempt...me...
Be tempted! Be tempted!

Quote:
Yay for surprises! It's the reason why I had to dance around people's questions of "How did Raven actually get the drop on 12 trained killers?", since I wanted to keep things under wraps until this part .
As for these and other matters, you'll have to wait for me to get you the full commentary...tonight, I'm thinking.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 18:14   Link #28152
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Don't...tempt...me...
*swings story idea before you on a string* You are being tempted.... so tempted...
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 19:03   Link #28153
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Befriending changes people. For the better, generally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Befriending always changes people for the better! Arisa stopped picking on innocent schoolyard vampires! Fate became a franchise icon! Vivio got her own manga (albeit of iffy quality)!
True....but wouldn't Auris become less interesting when she loses her Bitch!Factor??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
As for these and other matters, you'll have to wait for me to get you the full commentary...tonight, I'm thinking.
Hope I didn't mess up in some obvious way in my delivery! Looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Be tempted! Be tempted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
*swings story idea before you on a string* You are being tempted.... so tempted...
*Frozen, watching the idea swinging back...and forth...and back...and forth...*

..............

Okay, I admit that I have....some ideas, but taking the Rule of Cool out, realistically wouldn't the fight itself be pretty boring? After all, when two "skulk in shadows" assassins fight, isn't it more of who gets the element of surprise then it's all over in 2 seconds?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:05   Link #28154
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Where you least expect me
Age: 20
Don't take out the Rule of Cool then, after all, with imagination anything is possible. It's just easier to imagine with written help.
__________________
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"
eyes
"When desperate there are two choices: Lock shields for the last stand or draw your sword for the final charge"
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:34   Link #28155
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Okay, I admit that I have....some ideas, but taking the Rule of Cool out, realistically wouldn't the fight itself be pretty boring? After all, when two "skulk in shadows" assassins fight, isn't it more of who gets the element of surprise then it's all over in 2 seconds?
Depends on what kind of feel/atmosphere you'd want for the fight. If it's a simple job, wham bam thank you ma'am, then yes, it would probably consist of stalking and killing in under two seconds, though if you write it well it can still be pretty gripping. Now, on the other hand, if you write it as some kind of grudge match for whatever reason... then things could get interesting.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:44   Link #28156
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

*Frozen, watching the idea swinging back...and forth...and back...and forth...*

..............

Okay, I admit that I have....some ideas, but taking the Rule of Cool out, realistically wouldn't the fight itself be pretty boring? After all, when two "skulk in shadows" assassins fight, isn't it more of who gets the element of surprise then it's all over in 2 seconds?
Ahh, but remember--the "skulk in shadows" types also are the experts at being aware of how one gains the element of surprise and the upper hand and would be aware of how to avoid it. Certainly, Rogue!Tagus would have plenty of paranoia, and be aware that the NSIS would be sending someone to clean up...I envision a duel combining a lot of environmental movement, lethal traps, indirect attacks, hit-and-run strikes, and other entertainment. Consider, eg., the confrontation between Tori and Fukuda in Eric Van Lustbader's Angel Eyes.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:47   Link #28157
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Ahh, but remember--the "skulk in shadows" types also are the experts at being aware of how one gains the element of surprise and the upper hand and would be aware of how to avoid it. Certainly, Rogue!Tagus would have plenty of paranoia, and be aware that the NSIS would be sending someone to clean up...I envision a duel combining a lot of environmental movement, lethal traps, indirect attacks, hit-and-run strikes, and other entertainment. Consider, eg., the confrontation between Tori and Fukuda in Eric Van Lustbader's Angel Eyes.
Of course, you could always play with the aspect as well, as to whether or not Lutecia knows that Tagus is (was?) one of Auris's Shadows; would make things a little bit more interesting on the personal side of things. Granted, I don't know how Lutecia would find out that Tagus was one of Auris's, but still, it's a fun idea to contemplate.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 22:20   Link #28158
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Don't take out the Rule of Cool then, after all, with imagination anything is possible. It's just easier to imagine with written help.
True, true...but at the same time, I don't think Hollywood Tactics would do much justice to either of the Shadows! But yeah, Rule of Cool would have to stay in there somehow, just because...well....it's cool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Depends on what kind of feel/atmosphere you'd want for the fight. If it's a simple job, wham bam thank you ma'am, then yes, it would probably consist of stalking and killing in under two seconds, though if you write it well it can still be pretty gripping. Now, on the other hand, if you write it as some kind of grudge match for whatever reason... then things could get interesting.
Hm, I wonder if I should share the rough outline I have of that fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Ahh, but remember--the "skulk in shadows" types also are the experts at being aware of how one gains the element of surprise and the upper hand and would be aware of how to avoid it. Certainly, Rogue!Tagus would have plenty of paranoia, and be aware that the NSIS would be sending someone to clean up...I envision a duel combining a lot of environmental movement, lethal traps, indirect attacks, hit-and-run strikes, and other entertainment. Consider, eg., the confrontation between Tori and Fukuda in Eric Van Lustbader's Angel Eyes.
Ah, so maybe part of the battle could include Lutecia trying to make sure that she keeps the area around herself secure, and Tagus trying to find the best way to approach while knowing that Lutecia knows those same ways... Oh, yes, and so during the fight they'd probably be blundering into traps that the other person had set up ahead of time? *contemplates thoughtfully*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Of course, you could always play with the aspect as well, as to whether or not Lutecia knows that Tagus is (was?) one of Auris's Shadows; would make things a little bit more interesting on the personal side of things. Granted, I don't know how Lutecia would find out that Tagus was one of Auris's, but still, it's a fun idea to contemplate.
Haven't considered all that yet , I just had the epic "BOO! HELLO" (with the "BOO!" part being something very violent and painful, of course) part in my head...but it's an interesting angle, although my current thought already gives Lutecia a pretty personal reason to beat Tagus into a pulp .

(And all of this is probably solidifying my obligation to actually write this scene now, eh? )
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 22:21   Link #28159
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
(And all of this is probably solidifying my obligation to actually write this scene now, eh? )
You have no idea.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 12:04   Link #28160
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Updated Blood That Flows on FF.Net

Oh, and I found out that the story is already been put up on TVTropes' Nanoha fanfic recs page. WHEE!
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.