AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-15, 12:38   Link #2081
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
They're 11-2. I don't know how anybody could say they are overrated. They share the same division as the Saints, and Tampa Bay is the best they've been since their superbowl run.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 12:54   Link #2082
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
They're 11-2. I don't know how anybody could say they are overrated. They share the same division as the Saints, and Tampa Bay is the best they've been since their superbowl run.
Agreed. Having watched the Falcons a number of times this year, I believe they definitely aren't overrated. While they don't have many well-known stars or players you immediately think of as being the best at their positions, the Falcons have a complete team and are capable of competing with all of the teams currently in the play-off picture.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 14:15   Link #2083
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Yes you were wrong concerning the Colts. As usual.

I’m never too proud to admit when and if I’m wrong…I know you don’t see me as such, but that’s probably your own inadequacies gleaming through^^…



Quote:
I did bring up the weather. But you were the one that was bitching about playing in it. I'm saying that using the weather as an excuse is absurd. I don't think you can get out of the maze...
Do you even read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingRightness
Now you can say this is excuses or what have you, but if we lose, we lose...I'm not gonna bitch about wanting a do-over or anything...However this is something to discuss and in discussing it I'm saying the field is as big a factor as the cold weather, yet ultimately (As I've expressed) I'd like to avoid any cold conditions if possible^^...Bring on that quiet, no emotion stadium called the Georgia Dome...
I really think some of you struggle when understanding the difference between a declaration and a discussion, an argument…

Quote:
Yes, go ahead and ignore (in other words be ignorant) about the points I made about the schedule and teams. Proceed and have your judgment clouded. And I never said anything about today's schedule now and days being compared to that of days past. Again, you're implying years in a row, I'm talking about here and now. The teams and how they're shaping up to be this season. Enough of the season has gone by to make some decent evaluations. It's not hating, it's being logical. Try it sometime.

You’re being ignorant about the entire debate on schedules…We have a fundamental difference in opinion here…How can you have a competent debate on schedules while ignoring the fact that fundamentally schedules in the NFL don’t mean as much as they used to based on parity? (Again a point I’m making to address your concerns about the Saints schedule) Now sure you can scream at a bar television set and get drunk people to agree with you on certain issues, but if we pick up the bowl and peel the shell off these bar-nuts you’ll see how antiquated your analysis is…I asked you a very simple question (Several simple questions) that you’ve intentionally bypassed (On Us and the Pats losing to Cleveland i.e.)…I’m making an argument here…If my argument is what I have already inferred about schedules how would any reasonable (logical) person not be able to understand that I’m implying this CURRENTLY…I’m not arguing the obvious point here, I’m making an argument against it because I think it’s too easy of a crutch to rely on…Cleveland, Buffalo, Dallas, Detroit, betray you’re logic here in regards to evaluating schedules THIS YEAR

So if we beat Baltimore, the team that was one egregious ref-call from being beaten by Buffalo in OT, who gave up a 21 point lead to the Texans and barely won in OT, if we lose to these guys by 1 point, we’re suddenly pretenders? There’s no logic in that, which is why I reject your corn-fed logic on evaluating teams based solely on schedules…That's not to suggest credible information can’t be seized but if you’re gonna hold the Saints hostage until they beat a completely inconsistent Ravens team, and let that be your end all be all for your understanding, then pass the beer-nuts…
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 15:53   Link #2084
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I’m never too proud to admit when and if I’m wrong…I know you don’t see me as such, but that’s probably your own inadequacies gleaming through^^…
Okay? I don't care if you're proud enough to admit if you're wrong or right. I'm just telling you that you were wrong as usual. Deal with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness;3393002Do you even read?


I really think some of you struggle when understanding the difference between a declaration and a [COLOR="Red"
discussion[/COLOR], an argument…
I'm not talking about if you lose the game. You were bitching about the field and weather in another statement:

Quote:
I love my team, but I wanna avoid that piece of $hit playing surface in Chicago by all means…If we have to play in a $hitfield blizzard, obviously my confidence won’t be as high…We’ve surprisingly done well in recent cold weather games, but overall our team cannot play the type of game it wants to in absurd cold conditions…We’re just not built for that $hit…
Sounds like complaining to me. Just saying. To even bring the field up is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You’re being ignorant about the entire debate on schedules…We have a fundamental difference in opinion here…How can you have a competent debate on schedules while ignoring the fact that fundamentally schedules in the NFL don’t mean as much as they used to based on parity? (Again a point I’m making to address your concerns about the Saints schedule) Now sure you can scream at a bar television set and get drunk people to agree with you on certain issues, but if we pick up the bowl and peel the shell off these bar-nuts you’ll see how antiquated your analysis is…I asked you a very simple question (Several simple questions) that you’ve intentionally bypassed (On Us and the Pats losing to Cleveland i.e.)…I’m making an argument here…If my argument is what I have already inferred about schedules how would any reasonable (logical) person not be able to understand that I’m implying this CURRENTLY…I’m not arguing the obvious point here, I’m making an argument against it because I think it’s too easy of a crutch to rely on…Cleveland, Buffalo, Dallas, Detroit, betray you’re logic here in regards to evaluating schedules THIS YEAR

So if we beat Baltimore, the team that was one egregious ref-call from being beaten by Buffalo in OT, who gave up a 21 point lead to the Texans and barely won in OT, if we lose to these guys by 1 point, we’re suddenly pretenders? There’s no logic in that, which is why I reject your corn-fed logic on evaluating teams based solely on schedules…That's not to suggest credible information can’t be seized but if you’re gonna hold the Saints hostage until they beat a completely inconsistent Ravens team, and let that be your end all be all for your understanding, then pass the beer-nuts…
I thought you said you were going to ignore my points on the schedule aspect. Yet here you are talking. In any case, I just told you enough of the season has passed to make an evaluation on the teams this year and use the schedule that has already gone by to see who is practically legitimate and who isn't. At least the very good teams compared to the very bad. If this was week 4, it'd still be up in the air. But it's not. The season is almost over as there are only three games left. The parity angle doesn't hold water unless you're talking on a year to year basis, like the 49ers and Cowboys of the 90's who would go to the NFC Championship game every year. New England is for real because they're blowing out opponents. Good ones. Tampa Bay hasn't won a game against a team with a winning record. That can't be ignored. The only team that New Orleans has beat with a winning record is Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. And from what I said about Tampa Bay earlier, the only real team in my opinion that really gave New Orleans a challenge is Pittsburgh. That is why I said the next three weeks will be interesting. Those teams all have winning records and are all on the verge of going to the playoffs.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 16:26   Link #2085
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Well, we shall see…We shall see how much respect you give the Saints once we’re 11-3 or finish the season 13-3, 12-4…My bet is that you’ll STILL be hatin’ like you’ve done this entire season…

Scott Van Pelt (ESPN RADIO) brought up such an interesting segment on his show today where he rated the Saints as probably the least respected SuperBowl champs he’s ever seen in his life…And it’s so effin true, because of haters like you…
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 16:59   Link #2086
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Well, we shall see…We shall see how much respect you give the Saints once we’re 11-3 or finish the season 13-3, 12-4…My bet is that you’ll STILL be hatin’ like you’ve done this entire season…

Scott Van Pelt (ESPN RADIO) brought up such an interesting segment on his show today where he rated the Saints as probably the least respected SuperBowl champs he’s ever seen in his life…And it’s so effin true, because of haters like you…
Like I said, we'll see how these new few games are. Yes the Saints aren't getting that much respect by the media. But the media always has an east coast bias. If the Saints rise up and show they are truly champs not to be messed with, then I will yield and give them their proper respect.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 17:08   Link #2087
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 24
You also have take in the fact that the Saints has had the bad fortune to be defending champs when the NFC and the Patriots have been rejuvenated. Remember all those years when the NFC was laughably bad? That's not the case this year, except for the NFC West. Come on, everyone has gotten better and the Saints aren't even leading the NFC South right now.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 19:04   Link #2088
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
All I gotta say is last time the Patriots played the Saints WE ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED THEM (Tom Brady and all)...And last time we played the Packers we put 51 points on them, so say what you will...We can hang with any of these teams...No way the Pats D can handle our offense...I'm so fatigued of the Patriots, but I wouldn't mind matching up in the Super Bowl..I think America would fap mall fountains if that happened...
Oh, no debating that. Except these Pats are different than last year's Pats. The defense has improved since last year (hey, they didn't let Peyton Manning make idiots out of them this time! ), and Brady has a bunch of new automatons around him.

Oh and uh...the Saints lost to the Steelers who Brady wtfpwnt. Last year, they did take the W and even the BIG W in the super bowl, but...this year, it's a different Pats team.

As for why the Falcons are overrated:

1) They lost to a Vick-less Philly.
2) They got stupidly lucky against the Saints.

But mainly it's that when they came up to PA, they got stuffed. And one of those games was against a team with a backup QB playing.

Yes, the Falcons are solid, but they are not the second best team in the NFL behind the Patriots IMO. Numbers in this case, do lie, if only ever so slightly.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 19:44   Link #2089
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Oh, no debating that. Except these Pats are different than last year's Pats. The defense has improved since last year (hey, they didn't let Peyton Manning make idiots out of them this time! ), and Brady has a bunch of new automatons around him.

Oh and uh...the Saints lost to the Steelers who Brady wtfpwnt. Last year, they did take the W and even the BIG W in the super bowl, but...this year, it's a different Pats team.

As for why the Falcons are overrated:

1) They lost to a Vick-less Philly.
2) They got stupidly lucky against the Saints.

But mainly it's that when they came up to PA, they got stuffed. And one of those games was against a team with a backup QB playing.

Yes, the Falcons are solid, but they are not the second best team in the NFL behind the Patriots IMO. Numbers in this case, do lie, if only ever so slightly.
Atlanta also beat Baltimore and Green Bay. You can nit-pick about the New Orleans victory if you want, but they stood toe to toe with them and beat them. Philadelphia without Michael Vick isn't that bad of a team. Kolb has had good games.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 20:25   Link #2090
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Atlanta also beat Baltimore and Green Bay. You can nit-pick about the New Orleans victory if you want, but they stood toe to toe with them and beat them. Philadelphia without Michael Vick isn't that bad of a team. Kolb has had good games.
Damn Ron Winter and his crew to hell!
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 20:57   Link #2091
Prodigy
Heartless
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post


As for why the Falcons are overrated:

1) They lost to a Vick-less Philly.
2) They got stupidly lucky against the Saints.

But mainly it's that when they came up to PA, they got stuffed. And one of those games was against a team with a backup QB playing.

Yes, the Falcons are solid, but they are not the second best team in the NFL behind the Patriots IMO. Numbers in this case, do lie, if only ever so slightly.
You have to give credit to Kolb and the Eagles because they played a great game. Unless I'm forgetting someone, Kolb is probably the best back-up QB in the league. Heck, he could probably start for half the teams in the league. You can't win em all.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 21:19   Link #2092
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Oh, no debating that. Except these Pats are different than last year's Pats. The defense has improved since last year (hey, they didn't let Peyton Manning make idiots out of them this time! ), and Brady has a bunch of new automatons around him.

Oh and uh...the Saints lost to the Steelers who Brady wtfpwnt. Last year, they did take the W and even the BIG W in the super bowl, but...this year, it's a different Pats team.

As for why the Falcons are overrated:

1) They lost to a Vick-less Philly.
2) They got stupidly lucky against the Saints.

But mainly it's that when they came up to PA, they got stuffed. And one of those games was against a team with a backup QB playing.

Yes, the Falcons are solid, but they are not the second best team in the NFL behind the Patriots IMO. Numbers in this case, do lie, if only ever so slightly.
I have to agree with everyone else about #1. Kolb isn't that bad of a QB and better than a few starters infact. Matt Ryan is also what, 19-1 at home since he became a Starter? Even Brady doesn't have that record(though he hasn't lost a game at home in the regular season in what, 26 games?)
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 22:17   Link #2093
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

Oh and uh...the Saints lost to the Steelers who Brady wtfpwnt.
Uh, the Saints beat Roethlisberger and the Steelers by double-digits...Atlanta lost to Charlie WTFBatch and the Steelers...






Discuss...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 22:46   Link #2094
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Uh, the Saints beat Roethlisberger and the Steelers by double-digits...Atlanta lost to Charlie WTFBatch and the Steelers...






Discuss...
The steelers are better with Batch?
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 14:17   Link #2095
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 24
Tavaris Jackson to IR. Damn, he didn't even last a game.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 16:17   Link #2096
Prodigy
Heartless
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Tavaris Jackson to IR. Damn, he didn't even last a game.
He finally gets an opportunity to start but he ends up getting hurt. I wonder if Favre is going to start or their rookie.

Tebow's been getting most of the snaps in practice because Orton had bruised ribs and he had to sit out. Although he's far from ready, I hope he gets to start. It's not like we got anything to lose.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 18:02   Link #2097
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
He finally gets an opportunity to start but he ends up getting hurt. I wonder if Favre is going to start or their rookie.
Favre's already stated that he not only isn't sure if he'll be healthy enough to play again in the next three weeks, but he'd be more than happy enough to give Webb his chance to prove himself.

If Webb starts, he'll be great in leagues that allow him at the WR position.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 20:10   Link #2098
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
49ers and Chargers tonight. Even if the 49ers lose this game, we're still alive technically in the NFC West. I think this game will determine whether it's even worth having the team in the playoffs. I highly doubt Alex Smith turns into a consistent, All-Pro quarterback over night, but as long as they're alive there is always hope. Our secondary is our weak point and Rivers is averaging almost 9 yards per attempt which is unheard of. At least Antonio Gates is out tonight. We'll see how things develop.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 21:56   Link #2099
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Boy if I was a phoneyniner fan I think I'd start to kill myself via spoon about now...This team is a can of sardines...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 00:06   Link #2100
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42° 10' N (Latitude) 87° 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Finally, Mark Cuban has a plan to put the BCS out of its misery

By Matt Hinton

Here's how the world works when you're as filthy, stinking rich as dot-com billionaire Mark Cuban: 1) You buy a basketball team; 2) You get a little bored after a few years; 3) You try to buy a baseball team; 4) You fail in your attempt to buy a baseball team; 5) You start reading a book about how terrible the Bowl Championship Series is.

And if you're as ambitious and impulsive as Cuban, 6) You take it upon yourself to use your fortune to personally fund a playoff system that will render the BCS obsolete.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-296649

Oh plz let this happen. Sick and tired of the BCS crap.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.