AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-16, 12:35   Link #28181
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
... How come every time I say something like that, people automatically assume it's a negative thing I have in store?
BECAUSE IT ALWAYS IS!


Quote:
Eh, in all honesty, I don't know if it really counts as an accent... all I really do is change around how she pronounces a couple words. I don't even know why I did it in the first place.
Yeah, accents aren't easy...Ahrrr, I do remember as when I were writin' The Pirates of the Meribian as how I'd have th' crew o' th' Black Fortune speakin' in "pirate" an' such, an' worse th' luck I did have different crew members ter be usin' different accents an' such. But it do give Miranda a certain bit as stands out from th' crowd an' makes me wonder about her background an' such as led her ter the NSIS, an' fleshin' out a character do always be useful, seein' as how these shorts do be, well, short an' so on.

(Geez, even just typing that made me sprain my tongue... )

Edit:
Page claim for accents!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 12:50   Link #28182
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Posted The 12 Cyborgs of Christmas to ff.net.

And now here we go again!

Future Tense

Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1


In which Nanoha faces an unlikely opponent, and Givo brings a problem to Teana's doorstep...

Previous parts can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 13:07   Link #28183
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well now...

...

GWAH! I still say that it's Quattro's fault, but now I'm thinking that she was following orders.

But still...

Quattro sent the bomb back in time that killed Nanoha and sent this whole sequence of events into motion and Seikou is the catalyst.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 14:51   Link #28184
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Posted The 12 Cyborgs of Christmas to ff.net.

And now here we go again!

Future Tense

Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1


In which Nanoha faces an unlikely opponent, and Givo brings a problem to Teana's doorstep...

Previous parts can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1:
I really love the situation - Villains are big happy family, when "good guys" at each others throats.

And Nanoha seems to add new girl to her ha... i mean - bunch of friends.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 14:53   Link #28185
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Future Tense
Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1
I already had an idea as to what I think the ending of this will be, and you keep justifying it. I love this fic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
And Nanoha seems to add new girl to her ha... i mean - bunch of friends.
It can't be HLA when Hayate is the Puppet Empress of Evil, can it?
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 15:01   Link #28186
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
... How come every time I say something like that, people automatically assume it's a negative thing I have in store?
Already answered by other people .

Besides, even if Kitty gets to live, we already know what happens to (I'm assuming) her new owner .....
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 15:33   Link #28187
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Season 1

A's

Jump

New Parts 1-30

New Part 31

New Part 32

New Part 33

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - New Part 34:
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 19:07   Link #28188
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Don't tempt fate, you'll find yourself with a Cyphia x Signum lemon in your box. With Signum as the uke.
I blame you for this.

Spoiler for Cypha Dominates Signum:
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 19:31   Link #28189
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Posted The 12 Cyborgs of Christmas to ff.net.

And now here we go again!

Future Tense

Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1


In which Nanoha faces an unlikely opponent, and Givo brings a problem to Teana's doorstep...

Previous parts can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1:
Spoiler for There's some spoilers for people who haven't read the chapter...:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 19:32   Link #28190
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Already answered by other people .

Besides, even if Kitty gets to live, we already know what happens to (I'm assuming) her new owner .....
And Kel will probably throw Kitty out in the cold rather than accept something that was said new owner's...

Edit: Sorry about the double-post.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 19:45   Link #28191
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I blame you for this.

Spoiler for Cypha Dominates Signum:
I didn't read it at first because of the title, but.........LOL! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
And Kel will probably throw Kitty out in the cold rather than accept something that was said new owner's...

Edit: Sorry about the double-post.
......Who's Kel again?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 19:50   Link #28192
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

......Who's Kel again?
Miranda's boyfriend. If I didn't screw up the name.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 20:42   Link #28193
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
And Kel will probably throw Kitty out in the cold rather than accept something that was said new owner's...

Edit: Sorry about the double-post.
You know, I'm going to give Kitty a happy ending, and you're all going to be shocked. Also no worries, you got Kel's name right.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 20:51   Link #28194
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Miranda's boyfriend. If I didn't screw up the name.
Ah, that's who I thought, but would he be that cruel to poor Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You know, I'm going to give Kitty a happy ending, and you're all going to be shocked. Also no worries, you got Kel's name right.
LOL, that would be a real twist!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 22:08   Link #28195
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I blame you for this.

Spoiler for Cypha Dominates Signum:
clapping.gif

Well done, sir.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 22:46   Link #28196
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
I blame you for this.

Spoiler for Cypha Dominates Signum:
Heh heh heh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You know, I'm going to give Kitty a happy ending, and you're all going to be shocked. Also no worries, you got Kel's name right.
No, you'll make us think you're going to give Kitty a happy ending...and then at the last minute do something horrible and tragic which will make the angst even worse! We know how you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Ah, that's who I thought, but would he be that cruel to poor Kitty?
Well, given how he treated Lutecia...remember the butterfly necklace incident?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 23:20   Link #28197
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Posted The 12 Cyborgs of Christmas to ff.net.

And now here we go again!

Future Tense

Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1


In which Nanoha faces an unlikely opponent, and Givo brings a problem to Teana's doorstep...

Previous parts can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 25: Extrication, Part 1:
Errors, quote, etc.

To be honest I was kinda bored with this chapter. Took me several hours to read it because I kept wandering away to do other things. Isis's appearence just feels out of place, like she doesn't really belong in there. The Teana/Givo stuff was a bit more interesting, but it seems you've overlooked the fact that Teana can turn invisible. I know the one area had an AMF but otherwise she can just use that and not have to worry about being caught. Maybe she'll use it next time.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 23:44   Link #28198
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Well, given how he treated Lutecia...remember the butterfly necklace incident?
Actually, um... it's been awhile since I read that short, but wasn't he actually pretty friendly to her with that incident?
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 23:48   Link #28199
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
GWAH! I still say that it's Quattro's fault, but now I'm thinking that she was following orders.

But still...

Quattro sent the bomb back in time that killed Nanoha and sent this whole sequence of events into motion and Seikou is the catalyst.
And you still have some interesting theories. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I already had an idea as to what I think the ending of this will be, and you keep justifying it. I love this fic.
Heh, either I'm a bit more transparent than I hoped, or I might be sending off the wrong signals. We shall see. ;p But thanks for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Spoiler for There's some spoilers for people who haven't read the chapter...:
Spoiler for Spoiler for those who haven't read the chapter:


But thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Errors, quote, etc.

To be honest I was kinda bored with this chapter. Took me several hours to read it because I kept wandering away to do other things. Isis's appearence just feels out of place, like she doesn't really belong in there. The Teana/Givo stuff was a bit more interesting, but it seems you've overlooked the fact that Teana can turn invisible. I know the one area had an AMF but otherwise she can just use that and not have to worry about being caught. Maybe she'll use it next time.
I didn't forget about it, but there are a few things to keep in mind, the most important being that magic is detectable. Teana's Optic File is merely an illusion, and even at the end of StrikerS, it was shown that cyborgs can see through the illusions. So using magic would essentially give her away. Also, she's not too worried about being caught; she can sneak around and hide easily as she knows the area intimately. The problem is to expose what Quattro is up to. It's still a useful ability in the right situation, though.^^

Anyway, perhaps I didn't make the Isis stuff interesting enough, so I'll look it over and see if there are any improvements I can make Thanks for your comments and corrections as always, though! I should have some stuff in the next few chapters that you might find interesting.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 00:07   Link #28200
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Actually, um... it's been awhile since I read that short, but wasn't he actually pretty friendly to her with that incident?
Well, his attitude was friendly, it was more like...

Spoiler for In case anyone wants to wait for the ff.net release of the fic...:

...Though he had perfectly valid emotional reasons of his own, and he didn't know half of what it was doing to Lutecia (darned NSIS operational security and all that), I still wanted Vivio to Strike Arts his face out the back side of his skull.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.