AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 53 63.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-18, 21:51   Link #81
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I can't believe I am so late this time, agh.

So everything has been said but I have to say... that kid was pretty old, they wasted no time there, haha.

And Haruka really was... hhnngghh.. amazing.
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-12-18, 22:03   Link #82
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So everything has been said but I have to say... that kid was pretty old, they wasted no time there, haha..
Not really, I suspect they married right out of university.
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2010-12-18, 22:04   Link #83
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not really, I suspect they married right out of university.
Which is not unusual at all. Heck with Tsukasa, she wouldn't understand the point of waiting once they had graduated and probably was already planning their futures.
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2010-12-18, 22:08   Link #84
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Which is not unusual at all. Heck with Tsukasa, she wouldn't understand the point of waiting once they had graduated and probably was already planning their futures.
Similar to me
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2010-12-18, 22:23   Link #85
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not really, I suspect they married right out of university.
I pictured her as someone who'd want a secure job and income first... but maybe it's a cultural thing.
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-12-18, 22:29   Link #86
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I pictured her as someone who'd want a secure job and income first... but maybe it's a cultural thing.
I picture her as "Hell, I'm going to be with Junichi no matter what!" aggressive type of girl. This is partly why I love Tsukasa, sinec we're so similar (right down to the cynical, manipulative, and cunning personality)
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2010-12-18, 23:04   Link #87
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I pictured her as someone who'd want a secure job and income first... but maybe it's a cultural thing.
That depends on how her goals and dreams changed once our stud(or lack of) of a main character steals her heart away.
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 00:35   Link #88
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Rift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Besides that, the ending bears a very wrong message: "You can treat a girl like a jerk, giving her a big trauma, but there's nothing wrong treating her like that. You don't need to apologise to her or feel sorry afterwards, as you'll still live happily ever after regardless."
So I guess Junichi in Tsukasa arc is his worst version yet. Anyway its the writers fault if they botched the ending. They have been cramming too many themes/scenes in an episode since Ai arc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I pictured her as someone who'd want a secure job and income first... but maybe it's a cultural thing.
Yeah I thought she's the type that would plan her future first rather than "go for it attitude"...
grandchaosSR is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 00:41   Link #89
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Tsukasa probably planned everything. She got the kid, income, and job all at the same time.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 04:09   Link #90
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
So I guess Junichi in Tsukasa arc is his worst version yet. Anyway its the writers fault if they botched the ending. They have been cramming too many themes/scenes in an episode since Ai arc...
I need to disagree here: In the Tsukasa arc, we see Junichi at his best. Yes, he botched a key exchange leading to Tsukasa misunderstanding his intention completely, but other than that, he was doing very well. It's also the first arc in which Junichi makes a mature conscious decision for a girl that is NOT born out of a mere crush or simple lust. A linkup on eye level.

His post-hug confession-explanation was excellent, and his "Thank god. The Ayatsuji-san I love still exists" line was just the perfect pick. Chapeau!
Mentar is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 05:44   Link #91
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Tsukasa probably planned everything. She got the kid, income, and job all at the same time.
Precisely. She is a cunning little vixen, after all
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 05:46   Link #92
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Wow, the awesomeness of those "10 years later" scenes makes me wish so much they did it for Kaoru, Sae, Ai, and Rihoko.... especially Rihoko.
Divini is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 07:09   Link #93
soranarumi
the Crowned Clown
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
His post-hug confession-explanation was excellent, and his "Thank god. The Ayatsuji-san I love still exists" line was just the perfect pick. Chapeau!
Yeah, it is still the same warm-heart-Juunichi after all. He looks awful at the first time, but he show a good development on Ayatsuji arc.
soranarumi is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 07:12   Link #94
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not really, I suspect they married right out of university.
Since they were 2nd years in HS, assuming they went to university immediately that would mean they married 5 years after the story, 5 years before the scene with the daughter. That girl is not a mere 4 1/2 years old. I could see her as 7 or 8, which would mean they married and conceived pretty much right after graduating highschool.

And I don't think Junichi was bad or insensitive to suggest that Tsukasa apologize. Remember that her outburst had turned many of the students against her and limited the help to just a few people. Tsukasa was already stressed and exhausted, which probably added to her sudden decision to drop the facade in front of the whole class. This meant that there weren't enough people working to get the job done. Junichi just didn't want Tsukasa to overwork herself again and get sick, and since he knew that even if he worked all night every night it wouldn't be enough to stop that, so he suggested for her sake that she swallow her pride and try to get the people to help once more. I'm sorry but in this case a loved one's life is more important than her feelings.
Seiryuu is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 07:28   Link #95
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 55
I respectfully disagree with "Junichi version 6 is the worst" which some of you have argued. Yes, there is epic fail, but he also has redeeming qualities. I am not sure when he signed up for the committee, but it seems to be several weeks that he has worked together with Dark Tsukasa, knowing perfectly well that her perfect iincho personality was a facade, and yet he did his best to help her and enjoyed spending time with her. If we assume he is not a masochist, that is quite something after you've been physically and verbally assaulted, blackmailed and worked like a horse, all by an unrepentant hypocrite. Give him some credit for that at least.
Itlandm is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 07:35   Link #96
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Juncihi was great in this arc and he was cool in this episode. He was not the wost version in this arc, he was the best version. What he said to Aayatsuji during episode 24 was good and true and that's why Ayatsuji was happy and kissed him after that. Saying he treated her badly when she was happy doesn't make any sense.

And wth with this "Ayatsuji planned eveything for the baby" like it's something bad They're in love so yes they want a baby. I don't see the problem at all. And as I said in another thread, I don't see the problem for Ayatsuji to be pregnant at 18 years old or something like that. If it's what she want and if they're happy like that, then it's fine.

JunichiXAyatsuji ftw !

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2010-12-19 at 08:10.
Kusa-San is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 07:54   Link #97
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Since they were 2nd years in HS, assuming they went to university immediately that would mean they married 5 years after the story, 5 years before the scene with the daughter. That girl is not a mere 4 1/2 years old. I could see her as 7 or 8, which would mean they married and conceived pretty much right after graduating highschool.
I see her has about 5 years old, though. I guess unless we can agree on the daugther's age, we'll continue arguing about when they married.
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 08:37   Link #98
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Juncihi was great in this arc and he was cool in this episode. He was not the wost version in this arc, he was the best version. What he said to Aayatsuji during episode 24 was good and true and that's why Ayatsuji was happy and kissed him after that. Saying he treated her badly when she was happy doesn't make any sense.

And wth with this "Ayatsuji planned eveything for the baby" like it's something bad They're in love so yes they want a baby. I don't see the problem at all. And as I said in another thread, I don't see the problem for Ayatsuji to be pregnant at 18 years old or something like that. If it's what she want and if they're happy like that, then it's fine.

JunichiXAyatsuji ftw !
No problem, it just seems a little fast. If Chibi Tsukasa is 5, then she's a little tall for her age. If she was born when Junichi and Tsukasa were 18, that means they really rushed into getting married the moment they graduated, and then immediately tried to have a kid. I've been to college, and it's not an easy life even as a childless bachelor. That's one of the reasons a lot of people wait to have kids, and often even wait to marry. Although, at the same time, college would explain why that girl doesn't have any siblings. Even if they were overeager to start a family and had a kid within a year of graduation, they probably had no choice but to try and keep from having more until they graduated college, otherwise they'd never afford to GO to college.
Of course, the girl might have been a surprise. I only know of one couple who'd had a kid while in college, and the child was proof that properly-used protection still isn't a 100% guarantee.
Seiryuu is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 08:46   Link #99
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
No problem, it just seems a little fast. If Chibi Tsukasa is 5, then she's a little tall for her age.
Really? Assuming Junichi is the height of an average Japanese male, the daughter is around the height of a 5 year old. I was probably around her height when I was 4
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2010-12-19, 09:17   Link #100
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Rift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I need to disagree here: In the Tsukasa arc, we see Junichi at his best. Yes, he botched a key exchange leading to Tsukasa misunderstanding his intention completely, but other than that, he was doing very well. It's also the first arc in which Junichi makes a mature conscious decision for a girl that is NOT born out of a mere crush or simple lust. A linkup on eye level.

His post-hug confession-explanation was excellent, and his "Thank god. The Ayatsuji-san I love still exists" line was just the perfect pick. Chapeau!
Himeji already pointed out Junichi's flaws in this arc.
grandchaosSR is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.