AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 35 45.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 22.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-27, 09:49   Link #101
anyme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Amagami stalker season?
This is the true ending. -_-) b
anyme is offline  
Old 2010-12-27, 11:36   Link #102
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
LoL, Risa literally had to eat herself through the competition to get Juinchi.
Hilarious yet scary.
__________________
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2010-12-27, 11:53   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
This is confirmed. In fact, there is a video on Youtube that shows that Ayatsuji wasn't fooled by Risa in the game. Just search under "Amagami ps2" and the first video pretty much is the one.

Of course, spoilers are expected in that video, so you are forewarned.
Ah, thanks. I definitely like Tsukasa's original reaction better. Poor Risa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You guys have no problem with Junichi declaring that he "loved" Risa after spending a grand total of 15 minutes with her? ^_^;

The story had only one episode to work with, so I'm willing to cut Risa a bit of slack, but sorry - that's too quick for me. Going for "let's date to get to know each other better" would have been more convincing IMHO.

Anyway, a good time/performance ratio. 8/10, ending this arc in the upper third, but that's as far as it goes. Comparing Risa to the top arcs feels absurd to me.
Yes and no.

It certainly seems way too fast from our perspective, but in-universe, Junichi's spent just as much time with Risa as with the other girls. "Let's date to get to know each other better" is exactly what happened, Risa confessed at the very beginning of the episode and started (un)officially going out with Junichi a lot sooner than the other heroines, thus they had more time to become intimate. The anime team did a great job with the limited time they had (unlike in other arcs). They focused on Risa rather than her relationship with Junichi so that we, the viewers, would understand what Junichi came to love about her.

Risa is definitely my favorite girl now. One episode was enough to make me fall in love with her (so why wouldn't Junichi? ). She's incredibly cute and very funny. Her dedication to Junichi (some would say obsession) is very endearing, she'll go to any length for him.

And while this was without a doubt the best episode of the series for me, I wouldn't go as far as to say it was the best arc (there is a difference). However, if this arc had been as long as the others, then it most definitely would have become my favorite.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Yea...


Spoiler for beware of the text:


Anyways... the episode itself is kinda funny... with the repeating scenes with the girls, LOL.
And she did "apologize" to the other girls... (tho I was surprised that she didn't get slapped by any of the girls... guess the other girls were just tooo nice to do so...)
The girl from two years ago wasn't his girlfriend. Their date on Christmas eve was to be their first one. According to Risa, it wasn't even a real date, she only invited him to make fun of him in front of her friends (laughingbitches.jpg). Risa was also invited, that's why she knew about her scheme.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline  
Old 2010-12-27, 12:13   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
I do believe this was the only arc other than Kaoru where I actually "rooted for the girl" (despite her "wiley coyote" schemes). Its an utter shame she only got one episode. She's the girl who spends most of the K-12 years "standing near you" in the gang, the one that most guys utterly miss the vibes from.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2010-12-27, 15:18   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I do believe this was the only arc other than Kaoru where I actually "rooted for the girl" (despite her "wiley coyote" schemes). Its an utter shame she only got one episode. She's the girl who spends most of the K-12 years "standing near you" in the gang, the one that most guys utterly miss the vibes from.
I think you're describing Rihoko. Risa isn't so much "standing near" as "crouching at a distance with a telephoto lens". It'd take a guy like Saeba Ryo to get vibes in those conditions.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2010-12-27 at 17:26.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2010-12-27, 17:19   Link #106
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Risa The Cockblock Master.
ZODDGUTS is offline  
Old 2010-12-27, 18:41   Link #107
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I do believe this was the only arc other than Kaoru where I actually "rooted for the girl" (despite her "wiley coyote" schemes). Its an utter shame she only got one episode. She's the girl who spends most of the K-12 years "standing near you" in the gang, the one that most guys utterly miss the vibes from.
Yes, it's a real shame indeed. Phlegmatic Rihoko got four eps, which were just a massive waste of time. We really didn't need to see four eps of Rihoko stuffing herself with creampies and whatnot, and being too spineless to do any sports or diet to lose some wight
They should've made it just the other way round! Rihoko stuffing herself and never getting anywhere would've easily fit in a single episode (as comic relief inbetween), and with four eps, Risa could've been portrayed much better and deeper.
__________________
Himeji is offline  
Old 2010-12-27, 19:35   Link #108
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The girl from two years ago wasn't his girlfriend. Their date on Christmas eve was to be their first one. According to Risa, it wasn't even a real date, she only invited him to make fun of him in front of her friends (laughingbitches.jpg). Risa was also invited, that's why she knew about her scheme.
Well.... guess I messed up on the girlfriend part...
I thought they were already together LOL...

But still... Risa said she knew because she was invited...
That still doesn't explain why the "other girl" had waited for a large amount of time?

Really... if you were going to invite someone just to make fun of the person... why would you even wait for a really long time when everyone else is already gone?

This makes it seem like Risa is lying... and she did it because she actually wanted to be the one to date Junichi... which turns out to be a success after 2 years of blackmailing work...



Think of it like this... what if the "other girl" was one of our heroines... and she was screwed over by Risa... what would be your reaction than?



But yea, I agree on the part about it being too short... at least give it 2 episodes... less than 15 min of interaction time between the "real" main character of the arc... seems to be too weird.
chaos_animagic is offline  
Old 2010-12-28, 01:50   Link #109
randombum
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I got hyped a week ago when I finally checked out her route in the game. One episode's a bit too short, but they did a good job with it.

Too bad they couldn't pull this from her bad end:

Spoiler for Risa's bad end:


It wouldn't have been relevant, but it would have been an interesting piece of trivia nonetheless.
__________________
randombum is offline  
Old 2010-12-28, 02:37   Link #110
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Well.... guess I messed up on the girlfriend part...
I thought they were already together LOL...

But still... Risa said she knew because she was invited...
That still doesn't explain why the "other girl" had waited for a large amount of time?

Really... if you were going to invite someone just to make fun of the person... why would you even wait for a really long time when everyone else is already gone?

This makes it seem like Risa is lying... and she did it because she actually wanted to be the one to date Junichi... which turns out to be a success after 2 years of blackmailing work...
The "waited for a large amount of time" can be that she waited with her friends for a large amount of time, you know...She didn't explicitly say she waited for him alone. And after all, her reaction to Junichi when they met again after 2 years is just plain weird, meaning to say after having waited for a large amount of time, she probably just shrugged and may also realize Junichi might have figured it all out all along (and probably just asked Junichi for the fun of it while still having no signs of any breakdown). If "the other girl" truly loves Junichi, she wouldn't be behaving so normally this way even after 2 years.

In summary, her reaction just gives it all away. And hence there is some truth in what Risa said, if not the whole truth.
__________________
Currently Watching:
Attack on Titan, Suisei no Gargantia, Ore no Imouto Season 2

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline  
Old 2010-12-28, 02:51   Link #111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
The "waited for a large amount of time" can be that she waited with her friends for a large amount of time, you know...She didn't explicitly say she waited for him alone. And after all, her reaction to Junichi when they met again after 2 years is just plain weird, meaning to say after having waited for a large amount of time, she probably just shrugged and may also realize Junichi might have figured it all out all along (and probably just asked Junichi for the fun of it while still having no signs of any breakdown). If "the other girl" truly loves Junichi, she wouldn't be behaving so normally this way even after 2 years.

In summary, her reaction just gives it all away. And hence there is some truth in what Risa said, if not the whole truth.
Her reaction may not be that of a girl stood up, but it's not that of a girl having anything to feel guilty about, either. So, yeah, weird. But it doesn't mean much one way or the other.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2010-12-28, 08:16   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombum View Post
I got hyped a week ago when I finally checked out her route in the game. One episode's a bit too short, but they did a good job with it.

Too bad they couldn't pull this from her bad end:

Spoiler for Risa's bad end:


It wouldn't have been relevant, but it would have been an interesting piece of trivia nonetheless.
Nishishi, I like Risa even more now.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline  
Old 2010-12-28, 10:03   Link #113
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Well.... guess I messed up on the girlfriend part...
I thought they were already together LOL...

But still... Risa said she knew because she was invited...
That still doesn't explain why the "other girl" had waited for a large amount of time?

Really... if you were going to invite someone just to make fun of the person... why would you even wait for a really long time when everyone else is already gone?
It's just that girl who pretended she was waiting, in an attempt to make him feel bad about it. If it would've been an actual date and she would've waited, she would've been mad about it. Her speaking so casually about it is just proof that what Risa said (that the other girl wanted to make fun of Jun'ichi in front of her friends) is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
... In summary, her reaction just gives it all away.
Yes, her reaction proves that she never had any interest in Jun'ichi and just wanted to make fun of him, just as Risa had said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nishishi, I like Risa even more now.
Same here.
__________________
Himeji is offline  
Old 2010-12-28, 14:40   Link #114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
It's just that girl who pretended she was waiting, in an attempt to make him feel bad about it. If it would've been an actual date and she would've waited, she would've been mad about it. Her speaking so casually about it is just proof that what Risa said (that the other girl wanted to make fun of Jun'ichi in front of her friends) is correct.

Yes, her reaction proves that she never had any interest in Jun'ichi and just wanted to make fun of him, just as Risa had said.
By that token, all the other heroines were only out to take advantage of Junichi, since they didn't claw Risa's eyes out like normal.

What's wrong with not holding on to a two-year old grudge, exactly? The weird thing is that they didn't discuss it afterward. They had four months or so till graduation. But Junichi's as guilty as Makihara on that front.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2010-12-30, 09:41   Link #115
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Why couldn't we see Tsukasa's reaction? I want more Inner Tsukasa!!
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2011-01-02, 00:10   Link #116
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
WRT the Risa bad end in the game at least, if Junichi had the balls (no pun intended ) of the protagonist from Onani Master Kurosawa, he'd be a real bad ass in any respect. Still, the studio making Risa more sympathetic in this episode was a better proposition in having a sweet finale for the season.
aldw is offline  
Old 2011-01-02, 00:10   Link #117
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside a WWII German tank
After watching it 2 times already, I have to say, this IS the best episode of the whole series. Even if her arc only had one episode to work with, it was well executed and it made me want to see more. With that single episode, Risa is now tied up with my current #1 fav, Morishima Haruka.

After reading comments about Risa being good or evil is BS! This is LOVE were talking about. If your ready to stumble and fall or taking out all other competition just for the sake of LOVE then I don't see what's wrong in that? Then I'll ask, would you do the same thing just to be with the person you love the most? And I'll agree on the saying "Love is a battle field" and "All's fair in love and war".
Chiu_fan is offline  
Old 2011-01-02, 01:46   Link #118
Cream
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Arghh. Everyone(most people) is/are saying this is the best episode...
lolwat?
I thought this was horrible, it was just flat out rushed nearly 3-4 episodes packed in one.
Could of did better , they should of shown tsukasa's reaction more haha, both sides.
But , i must admit she is quite appealing to me in many ways.
Cream is offline  
Old 2011-01-03, 05:50   Link #119
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I guess people are saying it's the best episode because it packs it all in a single episode instead of sometimes unnecessarily dragging it on for 4 eps.

I thought it was alright, but the new girl basically cheated her way.

She's cute and all, but cheering for her kind of feels like cheering for a cheater.

Instead of 4 hard long eps, it's 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
To consider Risa evil or not really depend on what happened two years ago and if you believe her or not. If you believe her then she's not really eveil but if you don't then she is. Personnaly, I don't think it's a lie mainly because this episode is called "Truth". Futhermore, for me it's really strange for this girl (Makihara)to talk so casually to Junichi.

Now it doesn't change the fact that what she did to the other 6 heroines is bad and it's true that she's a little crazy too

But I don't thnk she's a bad girl. Just a girl who is crazily in love with Junichi.
Makihara being casual to Junichi probably makes sense she is his sempai and maybe they were going for a test-date or something. And if Risa lied to both, Makihara probably was the first victim.

Either way, I think it is kind of dangerous to trust someone who is in fact willing to lie to everyone just for the truth. It is kind of ironic. Because the 'truth' in question may only pertain to Risa herself. I won't be surprised if she in fact did victimize EVERYONE just to get her way. Even from her stalker antics to getting hooked just because of a milk-drinking incident, that just raises all kinds of red flags. I suppose that's why she can be called a 'bad ending' character.

I guess they did portray her in a better light in this episode, but one can't really just say outright that Makihara really is as evil as Risa put it. Especially considering Risa basically lied the whole episode. We don't even know if her stalker/milk reasoning were the absolute truth. In fact, it may be just as logical to deduce they are lies as well. As for Makihara, I don't know. Risa's reasoning that Makihara invited Risa isn't definite proof. For all we know, Risa stalked way back then as well. Or maybe Makihara was open about saying she was going to hang out with Junichi. Just going by Risa's words is too one sided. That is about a vague an ending as it can get, though I guess if the writers just wanted to wrap it in a pretty bow, I guess it can work. But it's kind of hard to trust Risa so completely when she has a knack for lying...

All that said, either what she did was heroic or sheer evil. Also the logic gap in that both Makihara and Junichi somehow coudln't find out about eachother or contact eachother at all is a bit of a stretch as well. Or maybe it was some tragic triple tragedy? lol

What kind of ending can one call this? Schrodinger Cat End?

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2011-01-03 at 06:41.
SuperKnuckles is offline  
Old 2011-01-06, 20:15   Link #120
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Arghh. Everyone(most people) is/are saying this is the best episode...
lolwat?
I thought this was horrible, it was just flat out rushed nearly 3-4 episodes packed in one.
Could of did better , they should of shown tsukasa's reaction more haha, both sides.
But , i must admit she is quite appealing to me in many ways.
After finally seeing the full episode, I do agree it is too rushed for its own good, although making Tsukasa's reaction the same as the game's would be very good in showing her in a even better light.
aldw is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.