AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-04, 21:10   Link #41
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
What are your expectation for this show? 3 min into the show you know it is mindless fanservice fun. I find it more entertaining than shows pretending to be deep but actually not.

For those who claim it doesn't make sense as the casino would go bankrupt, you obviously are not a gambler (which is good). The whole Goddess of Victory thing is likely gimmick from the casino. (The owner make video of her)

The whole reason is because of the gambler mindset. The gambler may win a hand or two with her "super natural power". But they are not going to leave when she is not around anymore - end up losing more to the casino.
So having a taste of victory to only be broken when they take that overconfidence and try to play even more after losing alot? Did I get that right?
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:15   Link #42
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
This seems to be another, so daft it's actually enjoyable animes. The girl from the preview is mine! Some of it didn't make sense, but in that respect it made it enjoyable. I can see the manager character becoming quite hilarious.
Did you just try to steal my twintail? DID YOU JUST TRY TO STEAL MY WAIFU!??? I ROLL MY DUNGEON DICE AND ROLL A 7, AND SUMMON MEGATRON TO OBLITERATE YOUR LIFE POINTS!



In which, said girl will be the primary driving force behind my continued participation in this series. Not bad, eh? I made the decision to watch because of a girl (har har), who knows, I may be surprised with a good story at some point. I'll admit my interest in this series several months ago is because I'm such a huge fan of her (Rio's) simple, yet elegant garage kits
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 93%, I'm going to walk again!!
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:18   Link #43
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
What are your expectation for this show? 3 min into the show you know it is mindless fanservice fun. I find it more entertaining than shows pretending to be deep but actually not.

For those who claim it doesn't make sense as the casino would go bankrupt, you obviously are not a gambler (which is good). The whole Goddess of Victory thing is likely gimmick from the casino. (The owner make video of her)

The whole reason is because of the gambler mindset. The gambler may win a hand or two with her "super natural power". But they are not going to leave when she is not around anymore - end up losing more to the casino.
QFT!!

besides, it's not like she's the only dealer in that casino, and the owner making her doing a wide variety of other things... so, as you said, it's just a gimmick (a very good one), and the casino will never lose money in the long run.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:19   Link #44
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
I don't think that's "just a gimmick". By all accounts, and the wide aura that spread out, I think it's an actual superpower, again drawing a comparison to Saki.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:28   Link #45
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't think that's "just a gimmick". By all accounts, and the wide aura that spread out, I think it's an actual superpower, again drawing a comparison to Saki.
yeah, maybe that was poorly worded... (never finished Saki, my bad)
But, in any case, the owner is surely using this so-called "superpower" as a "godly" gimmick.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:35   Link #46
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
yeah, maybe that was poorly worded... (never finished Saki, my bad)
But, in any case, the owner is surely using this so-called "superpower" as a "godly" gimmick.
Gimmick is the wrong word, my bad. And yes, when Rio playing poker against the weekly villain, Saki comes to mind. The villain's "ability" is drawing Queens, just as Saki winning by Kan. His special ability just didn't work against our heroine.

When I say "gimmick" I mean the casino owner knows about Rio's supernatural power and use it to his advantage.
__________________
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for Toro (bluefin tuna) sushi,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sushi.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:38   Link #47
D-Gold
Archangelic Iron Beast
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On an IRC
Age: 20
The episode isn't bad but it doesn't give me that I cant wait for next week to see what happens next vibe. Well its only the first episode maybe I will get that feeling in later episodes.
__________________
D-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 21:39   Link #48
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
When I say "gimmick" I mean the casino owner knows about Rio's supernatural power and use it to his advantage.
Then in that case, I misunderstood what was meant by "gimmick".
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 22:35   Link #49
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
What are your expectation for this show? 3 min into the show you know it is mindless fanservice fun. I find it more entertaining than shows pretending to be deep but actually not.
No, 3 minutes into it I suspected it would be boring fanservice crap as it was making no effort to do anything beside repeating: fanservice -> show people winning. And in the end, it really did little more than that.
Quote:
For those who claim it doesn't make sense as the casino would go bankrupt, you obviously are not a gambler (which is good). The whole Goddess of Victory thing is likely gimmick from the casino. (The owner make video of her)
It's more likely a setup for a real life gimmick. How many times did they try and rub it in that when she appears, people "win" more? Now apply that to real life and you get something quite dangerous. (Yes, almost everyone can tell this is fantasy, but this is preying on something different.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:01   Link #50
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
As there's a lovely twintail (Anya) with lovely zettai ryouiki and apparently plenty of fanservice, I'll be sure to check this out
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:04   Link #51
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
As there's a lovely twintail (Anya) with lovely zettai ryouiki and apparently plenty of fanservice, I'll be sure to check this out
She has already been claimed by a few people in this forum very quickly
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:07   Link #52
fukarming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Then in that case, I misunderstood what was meant by "gimmick".
I already apologized for the wrong use of word. What more do you want from me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
No, 3 minutes into it I suspected it would be boring fanservice crap as it was making no effort to do anything beside repeating: fanservice -> show people winning. And in the end, it really did little more than that.

It's more likely a setup for a real life gimmick. How many times did they try and rub it in that when she appears, people "win" more? Now apply that to real life and you get something quite dangerous. (Yes, almost everyone can tell this is fantasy, but this is preying on something different.)
Boring or not is in the eyes of the beholders. I find MM extremely boring and drop it after 3 episodes but I wouldn't call it crap. I can tell you right now that this show is unlikely to "get better" in the following episodes. At least there are no expectations in the show. As I say in my previous post I prefer shows that has no expectations rather than shows which failed to deliver expectations.

I don't see how this show is more "evil" (encouraging gambling) in real life than say Paul the Octopus in the last world cup. If you put your entire savings on the gambling table just because you see a picture of Rio then you deserve to go broke.
__________________
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for Toro (bluefin tuna) sushi,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sushi.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:10   Link #53
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I already apologized for the wrong use of word. What more do you want from me?
Nothing. I was admitting that there was a mistake on my end too. It takes one to write and one to read, after all.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:24   Link #54
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
She has already been claimed by a few people in this forum very quickly
Yes, already noticed that... sadly a little late to the party here
Well, I can still borrow Naoe's hammer to dish out at the competition

Also, I see the series is avaiable on Crunchy Troll now... dunno if I should go with it or better wait.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:32   Link #55
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
She has already been claimed by a few people in this forum very quickly
Yeah, leave it to me to lead the charge

Another fine bodied beauty followin the footsteps of last season's Naoe-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Boring or not is in the eyes of the beholders. I find MM extremely boring and drop it after 3 episodes but I wouldn't call it crap. I can tell you right now that this show is unlikely to "get better" in the following episodes. At least there are no expectations in the show. As I say in my previous post I prefer shows that has no expectations rather than shows which failed to deliver expectations.
While my view on MM! remains different, the fact is, that second to last Transformers Gen1 show proves very usefull in ones life: "Don't expect [to win], don't expect [to lose]. Expect nothing."

It's that kind of feeling I get when I jump into something I nothing about the story. I see something (the girls), I'll expect more of it. If I don't (or rather never did) see the story, I won't expect it. Of course, that leaves me wide open to a surprise attack, but that's a different context

Quote:
I don't see how this show is more "evil" (encouraging gambling) in real life than say Paul the Octopus in the last world cup. If you put your entire savings on the gambling table just because you see a picture of Rio then you deserve to go broke.
Oh good heavens, that lousy Octopus ruined the World Cup I say. I didn't hear of it in 2006 when I was in Germany, and that was okay with me

What are we talking about again? Gambling, money, story, girls? I love this series already
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 93%, I'm going to walk again!!
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 23:46   Link #56
Kyouka
Is Here
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 23
im in love with this show
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 00:01   Link #57
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Yeah, leave it to me to lead the charge

Another fine bodied beauty followin the footsteps of last season's Naoe-chan
Oh, let's see if you'll live up to the required expectations for your new seasonal nickname.

Quote:
What are we talking about again? Gambling, money, story, girls? I love this series already
you forgot: fanservice and "strip-poker". 'Cause that's what was going to happen, had Rio lost.
have to say, I was with the owner at that moment.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 00:18   Link #58
mangatron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
im in love with this show
I love that I'm in love with the girls this show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Oh, let's see if you'll live up to the required expectations for your new seasonal nickname.
lol, just don't beat me to death with grenade dice and razor sharp playing cards the best part, we don't have to wait long; I get to go mad in less than a week, christmas in January

Quote:
you forgot: fanservice and "strip-poker". 'Cause that's what was going to happen, had Rio lost.
have to say, I was with the owner at that moment.
Ah how could I forget fanservice. But maybe... that's because,... all along I lived by the credo... where there's a girl, THERE'S A PANTSU!!

/me runs
__________________

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at 93%, I'm going to walk again!!
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 01:08   Link #59
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
requesting avatars! >:3

good episode 1 i'll give this show a shot
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 01:48   Link #60
Kyouka
Is Here
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 23
[QUOTE=mangatron;3422872]I love that I'm in love with the girls this show



Your Favorite chick is the green hair girl?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casino, moe, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.