AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-31, 13:28   Link #81
Kavaron
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
OK here is my theory.

First of all Miura said recently that the Manga is around 70% done right now so my guess is that they will start the anime from chapter one and do the remake. But when the remake finishes we will see more seasons which will follow the manga till the end! That is the best possible scenario for the fans.

I believe this because the trailer shows Skullknight which means they will follow the manga 100% this time in order to keep the anime series going for many years!

So since the first volume was published in 1990 then it took 20 years for 70-75%. for the remaining 30% the anime would have 5 years not to catch up the manga.

I think they can make it... start the anime from chapter one and by the time the manga finishes the anime series will finish at the same time!

Fingers crossed!
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 13:42   Link #82
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
It has been 4 years since Miura last managed to write enough material for 2 volumes in one year.
I don't see him raising his pace or ending the manga in a few volumes, hence I don't expect him to end the manga before the anime catch up. (unless they are Hellsing type OVA)

Actually, I don't even expect him to end it ever.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 13:54   Link #83
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavaron View Post
OK here is my theory.

First of all Miura said recently that the Manga is around 70% done right now so my guess is that they will start the anime from chapter one and do the remake. But when the remake finishes we will see more seasons which will follow the manga till the end! That is the best possible scenario for the fans.

I believe this because the trailer shows Skullknight which means they will follow the manga 100% this time in order to keep the anime series going for many years!

So since the first volume was published in 1990 then it took 20 years for 70-75%. for the remaining 30% the anime would have 5 years not to catch up the manga.

I think they can make it... start the anime from chapter one and by the time the manga finishes the anime series will finish at the same time!

Fingers crossed!
Oh FMA Brotherhood do the same canvas.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 05:09   Link #84
gonzo562
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
if this turns out to be a anime.

Its gonna be interesting how they will try to animate all the graphic stuff the berserk manga has. Its gonna be hard to do. I bet theirs gonna be a lot of censoring or stuff they edit out.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 07:47   Link #85
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
It better be a movie [series]. The material is too chaotic and graphic for a anime.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 09:07   Link #86
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It better be a movie [series]. The material is too chaotic and graphic for a anime.

During the latest years, the anime was increased with graphic violence such as Rainbow, the graphic scenes are reproduced faithfully but certain titles featuring the same line are censored on TV, but uncensored on DVD.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 10:55   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
During the latest years, the anime was increased with graphic violence such as Rainbow, the graphic scenes are reproduced faithfully but certain titles featuring the same line are censored on TV, but uncensored on DVD.
Exactly, there's no point in a Tv series for this one. Now that I think of it, you're right, I guess a OVA series might work as well.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 11:16   Link #88
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
if this turns out to be a anime.

Its gonna be interesting how they will try to animate all the graphic stuff the berserk manga has.
I've seen worse than berserk aired on TV. If they're aiming for a mature enough audience, censorship shouldn't be a big issue.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 07:35   Link #89
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
News: Berserk to Be Theatrical Film Project
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 09:28   Link #90
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Looks like they are going through the Hellsing Ultimate road: they are going to do a series of film in order to adapt the whole serie.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 14:33   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
If they're truly planning to adapt the entire story, then this project will span over a few decades. It might have been wiser to wait for the manga to end first.

Courtesy of Heiji-sama:

__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 14:44   Link #92
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
then this project will span over a few decades. It might have been wiser to wait for the manga to end first.
Considering the project will span over a few decades by the time they've caught up with the manga the series will either be finished or the author will be dead which ever comes first.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 16:48   Link #93
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Considering the project will span over a few decades by the time they've caught up with the manga the series will either be finished or the author will be dead which ever comes first.
I fully expect the latter. This just screams incomplete project on both sides. It's going to take way too many movies to get this done properly.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:03   Link #94
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It might have been wiser to wait for the manga to end first.
I have to wonder if it is ever going to end. Maybe they know something we don't.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 18:20   Link #95
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
So more like Hellsing Ultimate OVA quality with more duration ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 13:34   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I have to wonder if it is ever going to end. Maybe they know something we don't.
Even if Miura told them he's planning to end the manga in XX years, if I were them, I would never trust him
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 03:06   Link #97
shels
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
i heard somewhere the releasing date for the first film is January 2012, any news about it?

*edit
the announcement scan (i think) if anyone care to translate:
Spoiler:
shels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 05:27   Link #98
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
The director is Toshiyuki Kubooka, Studio 4C is producing it, and Warner Brothers is distributing it in Japan.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 06:19   Link #99
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 21
Warner Brothers? Wow...and they're going with the studio who made that anime Batman movie series and one of its director's...I'm guessing this will have a distinct western dark knight feel.
__________________
BRAVO VINCE
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 06:37   Link #100
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Err.. I wouldn't make any sort of assumptions about that. Warner Brothers Japan distributes quite a few anime films in Japan, even those which they have no plans to distribute or attain rights for outside of Japan.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, berserk, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.