AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-18, 11:39   Link #281
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
How could the 3rd train three pupils when he was Hokage and presumably in midst of a war?
The 2nd was probably Hokage when the 3rd trained Oro and the others. Sarutobi was just a Jounin sensei then. Same as the 4th not yet being Hokage when he trained Kakashi and his group.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 12:03   Link #282
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
The 2nd was probably Hokage when the 3rd trained Oro and the others. Sarutobi was just a Jounin sensei then. Same as the 4th not yet being Hokage when he trained Kakashi and his group.
Assumption..
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 12:07   Link #283
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Assumption..
Logic. Why would a Hokage be running around in Jounin Ninja clothes training Genin when he has to take care of the WHOLE village?
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 12:11   Link #284
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
The 2nd was probably Hokage when the 3rd trained Oro and the others. Sarutobi was just a Jounin sensei then. Same as the 4th not yet being Hokage when he trained Kakashi and his group.
Actually saindaime became Hokage around Naruto's age.

That is..if we take literally what the first and second said in his flashbacks during the Hokage battle. We know for a fact the 3rd was hokage when the Sannin were in their late teens. But when excatly is anybody's guess.

on a side note, the lines under the Hokage's eyes multiply as he grows older.
Since he had 1 in the flashback of the bell-capture game and 1 in the war-counseling night in Tsunade's flashback there could't have been that much time between both events...
__________________
hm....
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 12:16   Link #285
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Logic. Why would a Hokage be running around in Jounin Ninja clothes training Genin when he has to take care of the WHOLE village?
Could you post some pics showing what you mean since I cannot remember when Sarutobi was wearing Jounin clothes and you could see the 2nd wear the Hokage suit.

Think about this (assumption, obviously): The Hokages do not wear their Hokage clothes at all times but most likely when there are official matters to be dealt with. All flashbacks I can remember of show the Hokages wearing their casual wear or their battle suit which is probably a generic battle suit and no Hokage battle suit. You cannot single out the 3rd because we've seen him with both casual wear and Hokage suit but we haven't seen the other Hokages.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 12:17   Link #286
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
I know the 3rd is a genius and God of Shinobi but Hokage at 12 years old? Guys that wasn't really a flashback, why would two Hokages in good condition give up the reigns to a child? That was more than likely symbolic of how close he was to them, not a real memory. We know that the 1st and 2nd "died in the middle of the dreams" but its seems obvious that the 3rd wasn't Hokage yet when he trained the Sannin to me atleast. Thats why they know him better as Sarutobi-sensei and not Hokage. Once you become Hokage EVERYONE calls you Hokage. Kind of like being Pharoah, the title is sacred.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 13:08   Link #287
Mcdougal
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
I know the 3rd is a genius and God of Shinobi but Hokage at 12 years old? Guys that wasn't really a flashback, why would two Hokages in good condition give up the reigns to a child? That was more than likely symbolic of how close he was to them, not a real memory. We know that the 1st and 2nd "died in the middle of the dreams" but its seems obvious that the 3rd wasn't Hokage yet when he trained the Sannin to me atleast. Thats why they know him better as Sarutobi-sensei and not Hokage. Once you become Hokage EVERYONE calls you Hokage. Kind of like being Pharoah, the title is sacred.
It probably was a flashback,just that people think they literally meant "tomorrow" instead of a decade or two.
Mcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 13:10   Link #288
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
It never happened in the manga.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 14:03   Link #289
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
It never happened in the manga.
you're right it didn't. All the more reason why I'm surprised you wrote off what I said as a mere assumption. Sarutobi has only been seen with out his Kage suit when engaging Orochimaru. I really don't think he was the 3rd Hokage AND a Genin sensei at the sametime. Hokage is a busy person.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 16:02   Link #290
kboykb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
In the first ep he was painting a pretty picture (or calligraphy) without his suit on

lol I know, it's different from the manga, I just wanted to say something.

That's weird to me though, if a hokage is so busy that he doesn't even have time to train anymore - wouldn't that take away from his strength in the end?

Maybe not enough time to train 3 students, but at least himself..
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 16:08   Link #291
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
I notice that Kazekage hangs around town without his Kage suit. I'm watching the episode where Gaara has his childhood flashback.. honestly they could have done more witht he kazekage character. The role of Hokage is treated like something so sacred and yet Kishimoto kills of a Kage like he's nothing. Makes me wander if we are ever going to learn more about other ninja villages.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 16:12   Link #292
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
I notice that Kazekage hangs around town without his Kage suit. I'm watching the episode where Gaara has his childhood flashback.. honestly they could have done more witht he kazekage character. The role of Hokage is treated like something so sacred and yet Kishimoto kills of a Kage like he's nothing. Makes me wander if we are ever going to learn more about other ninja villages.
Well seeing that Kagekaze wasn't renowned for his power or anything. And he was tricked and presumably amushed by Orochimaru, who is no pushover. He did killed the 3rd Hokage also knowns as the legendary professor of Jutsu's. I see no shame in losing from orochimaru.

As far as im concerned Kishimoto made no mistake in killing the kazekage that "easily"
__________________
hm....
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 16:24   Link #293
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Yeah I mean we didn't have to see a battle if Hokage is the strongest and Orochimaru beat him than you could say Orochimaru would win by default its just, whats their for Gaara's character now? The man who caused him so much suffering is gone. Oh well. All the same I hope he uses the other Kages a bit more tastefully. They are supposed to be the leaders of Ninja afterall.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 16:42   Link #294
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
its just, whats their for Gaara's character now? The man who caused him so much suffering is gone. Oh well. All the same I hope he uses the other Kages a bit more tastefully. They are supposed to be the leaders of Ninja afterall.
He was an asshole anyway. Seeing how Gaara is progressing I guess it's best for him to look at the future instead of his ugly past. That way or another, kazekage is dead and that's it.

As for your last remark, quite true. I do hope we get to see some true Hokage power again. And preferably a GOOD hokage, too many bad guys these days

To accentuate my positive feelings i drew a picture of how I'd like to see Tsuchikage:
__________________
hm....
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 16:46   Link #295
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Seeing how Gaara suffered. perhaps the bastard got all the Tv time he deserved. Thats an amusing picture there, yeah I hope we do see a good Kage. I know its not going to be the Hidden Mist's Kage their village is so bloodthristy.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 18:30   Link #296
Zek
Eyebrows...
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Yeah I mean we didn't have to see a battle if Hokage is the strongest and Orochimaru beat him than you could say Orochimaru would win by default its just, whats their for Gaara's character now? The man who caused him so much suffering is gone. Oh well. All the same I hope he uses the other Kages a bit more tastefully. They are supposed to be the leaders of Ninja afterall.
Gaara still has to deal with the whole insomnia and mental instability thing, so I'd say he's not in the clear yet...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 18:34   Link #297
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
In the clear, no. But atleast he's recovering.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 19:33   Link #298
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
you're right it didn't. All the more reason why I'm surprised you wrote off what I said as a mere assumption. Sarutobi has only been seen with out his Kage suit when engaging Orochimaru. I really don't think he was the 3rd Hokage AND a Genin sensei at the sametime. Hokage is a busy person.

Wow...youu mean that the FlashBack when we se Orochimaru working in his lab..and Sarutobi finds him with the Two ANBU members is also a Anime Invention?????

(Excuse mi ignorance, but i only have read the manga from The pat were they find Tsunade until now)
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 19:50   Link #299
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Wow...youu mean that the FlashBack when we se Orochimaru working in his lab..and Sarutobi finds him with the Two ANBU members is also a Anime Invention?????

(Excuse mi ignorance, but i only have read the manga from The pat were they find Tsunade until now)
erm...no that was in the manga I was only saying that the 3rd hokage is only seen without his suit as an adult when pursuing Orochimaru and when he is training the legendary Sannin. When he's training the Sannin he was probably not yet Hokage. The animators must have been smoking crack when they added the 1st AND 2nd making a child Sarutobi the 3rd Hokage, the manga shows no such thing. And don't feel bad I started reading the manga around New Years because the anime was taking too long with their release. That was near the end of the Chunin exam. I'm an anime fan really the only manga I've read from the beginning is Ranam 1/2.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 20:19   Link #300
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Doesn't the Character Book say that they are blood related brothers?
I have no idea what the Character Book says. I think there was a thread about it, so Ill look for it and see if sarcasteak, I think, posted anything regarding the previous Hokages' relations to eachother. If Kishimoto was not directly involved in writing the Character Book, or at least not used as a consultant, Im not going to put much faith in what's written in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Wow...youu mean that the FlashBack when we se Orochimaru working in his lab..and Sarutobi finds him with the Two ANBU members is also a Anime Invention?????

(Excuse mi ignorance, but i only have read the manga from The pat were they find Tsunade until now)
When ShurikenJay says, 'engaging Orochimaru', he could have been referring to the time in the flashback in the sewers(I think they were in a sewer ), and their battle during the Sand/Sound/Leaf War.

Kazekage wasnt important to the arc at hand and in Kishimoto's eyes, he probably wouldnt have been good material to build a story on, and I agree. All we need to know about him is he was Gaara's father and was responsible for his pain. True, Kishimoto could have had a good angle with Gaara one day confronting the Kazekage about his actions and what the consequences mean for himself, but that would take away time from the going-ons in the Leaf, and thats where I believe Kishimoto will spend most if not all of his concerns on: The people of the Leaf and anyone directly involved with them.
__________________

"He who thinks only about himself destroys himself as well." ~ Kambei
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.