AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-18, 18:24   Link #121
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
Excellent episode. Things just seem far more chaotic here than the first SEED was.. which is always a good thing IMO. In fact, I would say it has the most chaotic start of any Gundam I've seen. The action scenes were fast paced.. and very reminiscent of the latter parts of the first series which I loved so much.
That was the problem with the beginning of Seed...it was like a turned-base strategy game: Kira shoots, misses, moves to the left, turn over. Athrun shoots, misses, turn over. Yzak shoots, missues, yells a lot, turn over. On the other side of the battlefield, Mwu shoots, misses, curses his incompetence as a Newtype, turn over. Deakka shoots, misses, feels ashamed that he sucks, turn over. Kira shoots, hits Yzak's leg (XD XD XD), turn over...you get my point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
1.) The newtype flash business - I hope it stays like it did in the first series.. just at a flash. I do NOT want endings like Victory, Zeta, or CCA. I was initially hoping that it would be absent completely, since the director stated that Fraga and Kruuze were the last two newtypes.. but it seems he's changed his mind. Either way hope their newtype powers are kept in check.
I don't want the stupid Newtype endings, either, but I do like the whole concept of Newtypes. By the way, I also agree--I don't want to see funnel-spamming like Providence, Quebley, Nu, Sazabi, or Quinn Manthas...those funnel Mobile Suits are down-right cheating! The Newtype MS (Vertigo or something like that) used in Gundam X is acceptable, though, since it wasn't those insane cheating funnel-type mobile suit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
2.) Stellar - She starts running away as soon as she's told that she could die?! wtf? Something seriously screwed up going on... quite possibly the effect of the human CPU modification thing.
Either she's emotionally unstable while drugged up or that she has phobia of death; there is actually such thing. Auel probably knew about it and basically said it just to stop her...it's like her weakness that only her allies knew about.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 20:29   Link #122
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I was looking thru the gundamofficial.com site to check out that seed timeline again. And i came across this in their gallery..

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds...s/screen14.jpg

Isn't that an Astray model holding a blue version of Freedom's shield? Since when did that appear on Seed o.O
Tsukiyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 20:40   Link #123
Panon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
I was looking thru the gundamofficial.com site to check out that seed timeline again. And i came across this in their gallery..

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds...s/screen14.jpg

Isn't that an Astray model holding a blue version of Freedom's shield? Since when did that appear on Seed o.O
That's the Blue Frame Astray holding it's own shield.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 21:05   Link #124
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Uke-Fansubs will be releasing soon. We are currently encoding and have about 2 hours remaining.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 22:35   Link #125
strike66
Newtype level 3
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada owns u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Uke-Fansubs will be releasing soon. We are currently encoding and have about 2 hours remaining.
well too bad that most groups have theirs released and they much better quality than yours. You guys are slow and have bad quality.
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 22:38   Link #126
avmoghe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
*looks at above post*

Let the flame wars begin.

Seriously strike66, I think this might start a huge flame war. Perhaps fansub discussion should be put in the thread that specifically asks for "best sub group?"


---------------

Either way, anyone notice how odd the captain's hair looks? I'm usually not one to notice these things, but her hair really caught my attention. Must've used some advanced hair gel?


Quote:
I don't want the stupid Newtype endings, either, but I do like the whole concept of Newtypes. By the way, I also agree--I don't want to see funnel-spamming like Providence, Quebley, Nu, Sazabi, or Quinn Manthas...those funnel Mobile Suits are down-right cheating! The Newtype MS (Vertigo or something like that) used in Gundam X is acceptable, though, since it wasn't those insane cheating funnel-type mobile suit.
Never thought about it as "cheating". If they use Nukes... I really dont see a problems with funnels. No rules.. this is just war !
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 22:54   Link #127
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Uke-Fansubs will be releasing soon. We are currently encoding and have about 2 hours remaining.
well i m expecting better things than last episode...

animeheaven has TERRIBLE subbing
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 22:56   Link #128
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Either she's emotionally unstable while drugged up or that she has phobia of death; there is actually such thing. Auel probably knew about it and basically said it just to stop her...it's like her weakness that only her allies knew about.
i agree with u perfectly...maybe she has an experience where she is 99% close to death but somehow survive. And now she is afraid of dying, even tho shinn has no chance of killing her in a 3-1 matcjh-up
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 22:57   Link #129
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
well i m expecting better things than last episode...

animeheaven has TERRIBLE subbing

Yeah I think they are more speed subbers than quality subbers. I think I said that to someone already. And none of their episodes I've downloaded has the music ever worked (only group that I've downloaded that I didn't have the codec for), so I'm not looking for their releases.


And by the way, I think I take back my earlier comment about this episode. After watching it subbed I loved it A LOT more. I can feel my Gundam Seed love flowing back into me because I am already drooling at the thought of the next episode!
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 23:10   Link #130
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Yeah I think they are more speed subbers than quality subbers. I think I said that to someone already. And none of their episodes I've downloaded has the music ever worked (only group that I've downloaded that I didn't have the codec for), so I'm not looking for their releases.


And by the way, I think I take back my earlier comment about this episode. After watching it subbed I loved it A LOT more. I can feel my Gundam Seed love flowing back into me because I am already drooling at the thought of the next episode!
yip i think u told me after i asked about them cuz theirs is 60 mb less than the other subbers~ seriously for one thing, the characters and the ships name are known and can be find any/everywhere! at least get them rite for god's sake! Kagalli? Mireuba? Aegis ( i am laughing SO hard when they are suppose to refer to the Egus)?

and i have to agree, its MUCH MUCH better watching it with subs...
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 23:30   Link #131
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
one more thing btw, does lunamaria know athrun or heard of his name somewhere? it seems that she knows him somehow...and thanks to cagalli for yelling the name out after athrun made a fake name for himself =P
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 23:50   Link #132
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
His father WAS the ZAFT chairman, and with Lacus being well known of course, and Athrun supposed to marry her, surely somebody would know about the great Athrun Zala, everyone's favorite compulsive red gundam self-destructing, Haro-making coordinator pilot!
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 23:52   Link #133
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike66
well too bad that most groups have theirs released and they much better quality than yours. You guys are slow and have bad quality.
That's nice... but do I look like I give a fuck? As I had stated before... we are ALL NEW TO THIS. We aren't perfect in any way. Our first episode was rather bumpy and all the kinks had to be worked out in V2. Enoding was a bitch at first, but we found a better way to encode! That has since been done. Distro is in its final stages, so check in #Uke-Fansubs @ irc.rizon.net for torrent information and bots to leech from.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 23:54   Link #134
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
one more thing btw, does lunamaria know athrun or heard of his name somewhere? it seems that she knows him somehow...and thanks to cagalli for yelling the name out after athrun made a fake name for himself =P
Athrun is FAMOUS, duh...he was former Chairman Patrick Zara's only son and he's protrayed as a heroic prince fighting for the war in ZAFT...remember what Kreuze said to Athrun when they were about to look for Lacus' shuttle around episode 7 of Seed?
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 01:58   Link #135
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Yup, Athrun should be really FAMOUS in PLANT, I'm surprised that it seems no one recognizes him there. I mean, he was the son of the former chairman, fiance to PLANT's most popular idol, a war hero, receiver of the Nebula Medal (something like that? highest honor in PLANT?), and later a traitor and on the most wanted list of all PLANT... either way I think people should recognize him instantly...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 02:05   Link #136
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
He's wearing sunglasses there's no way people could recognise him
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 02:06   Link #137
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
The reason why nobody recognize Athrun right away is because Hisashi Hirai's characters design are so look alike, that even his own characters doesn't recognize each other. XD
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 02:07   Link #138
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Yup, Athrun should be really FAMOUS in PLANT, I'm surprised that it seems no one recognizes him there. I mean, he was the son of the former chairman, fiance to PLANT's most popular idol, a war hero, receiver of the Nebula Medal (something like that? highest honor in PLANT?), and later a traitor and on the most wanted list of all PLANT... either way I think people should recognize him instantly...
Come on, of course they would not be able to recognise him. Athrun is wearing the Gundam Obscurity Shades +20! Heck, even Kira will not be able to pick him out amongst a crowd of green haired, three-eyed mutant frogs

It is just like how no one ever questioned the Masked Stranger who he really is, even the leader of the organisation. Those damned magical masks!!!
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 02:20   Link #139
Evan
天使我爱你
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: With My Hime Natsuki-sama
Haha~ Athrun without his zaft uniform really can make the ppl in destiny go "who is that?" lol

And plus his special sunglass is enough to cover his face and fooling everyone(except Gilbert) in ZAFT!! lol

Jus like LOTR.....glasses on glasses off glasses on glasses off
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 03:01   Link #140
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 31
Actually Char had a pretty darn good and stylish design since his helmet was uber l33t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
The reason why nobody recognize Athrun right away is because Hisashi Hirai's characters design are so look alike, that even his own characters doesn't recognize each other. XD
You. Me. On the floor. Naked. NOW. I WANT YOUR BABY.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.