AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 01:08   Link #61
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hiro-hiro is almost certainly the busiest male seiyuu in the business, and maybe the busiest period. Nobody does comedy like he does, and he can do serious too - just look at Ef and YnS. I just think his voice is getting a bit thick to do really young teenagers like Ryuuji.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 03:16   Link #62
Trans-Fat

Episode 1 was a lot better than I thought it would be. It certainly gave me some vibes of Toradora and Chobits.

We have already heard of a Kugimiya Rie-voiced character saying Ryuuji as a tiger. Now we have her as a DRAGON!! What will she voiced as next with her saying "Ryuuji!!"? Turtle? Snake? Phoenix?
Trans-Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 03:37   Link #63
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yukana totally stole the show in episode 1...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 03:42   Link #64
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yukana totally stole the show in episode 1...
... and Horie Yui with the OP Check it here (bottom of the page)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 04:45   Link #65
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Solid opening with light and lively characters, but fairly standard in my opinion. I find that I'm curious about certain plot threads, but nothing has leapt out at me so far as "must know now" type info. Hopefully, the plot will pick up over the next few episodes and grab my attention.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 07:34   Link #66
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The settings aren't anything special, and the protagonist is yet another spineless boy unable to catch the flow (are the studio plotting something for this season?).
However, the pacing was pretty fine, and the dynamics between the characters are interesting to say the least.

Now, regarding the seiyuu, I got completely hook as Yukana and Hocchan are in the fray. However, unlike other people, Shimono and Kugimiya don't exactly stir any excitement with me.
I must say that I got more or less immune to Kugimiya antics, considering how much I dislike (nearly loathe) her loli tsun voice.
Suffice to say, whereas I see why people call it cute, I must say I couldn't help but think of a pokemon until she finally tried other words

Meanwhile, Shimono made me want to punch something, turning Ryuji into some more "hetare" effect than I could withstand, but meh.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable surprise.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 08:14   Link #67
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Thumbs up

Started on the first episode and it's looking okay for now. Just wondering if anyone besides me thinks that Rose's character design is pretty damn similar to Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 08:22   Link #68
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

many many questions still left un answered for those who have not read the novel i hope they remember that
Old 2011-01-11, 12:17   Link #69
gameboy234

Bored and stumble on this. 1st ep keep me occupied. I try it.

I don't know why rose reminds me of Index..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:23   Link #70
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post

I don't know why rose reminds me of Index..
Hand bite?
Old 2011-01-11, 12:32   Link #71
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Fun stuff, well directed, with a good pace. Nice writing by the writer of Kannagi and OreImo. Nothing earth-shaking, just another amalgam of cliches. But enjoyable.

I agree, Yukana was great. But I liked Kugyu, too. A good role, without so much tsuntsun. Just bite-bite, lol.

But when I first heard the OP, I thought: "That's an amateurish voice." I forgot it was Hocchan. She just confirmed my lack of appreciation for her singing. Not much going on, as far as I'm concerned. The ED was Momoiro Clover sinking back to their normal fairly low level after a good job with the ED to Yosuga no Sora.

I know this is Studio Deen, but I liked the look.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:37   Link #72
Midonin
Last Engage

They have a level to return to? Far as I recall, the Yosuga ED was their first single ever.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:38   Link #73
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

I guess it wasn't horrible, but it didn't draw me in either. I don't think Rose is endearing at all, I just find her obnoxious.

Last edited by Tsuyukusa; 2011-01-11 at 12:49.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:43   Link #74
Stefkov

I enjoyed this a little.
I thought that maybe the woman coming to take the boy would be the boy saying 'what the hell is going on' kind of thing but he had his head on straight and knew what was going on. This got me a little excited because I don't know what the hell is going on but the main character does.
Not keen on that dragons voice at all, I'm not too keen on that seiyuu at all to be honest.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:18   Link #75
Kenn
Stomp

Hm. Just watched the first episode.

Spoiler for possible spoiler?:

Kugimiya's Ryuuji-Ryuuji-ing got tiring really quick @_@. Glad that's not all Rose says . The ED was cute. Chibi dancing might have had more of an impact had I not watched Kore ha Zombie yesterday.

..Yay for butterfly magic!

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:26   Link #76
ShiroiRyu

Anyways ... Looked like a good episode for me.
I thought i will have another fucking tsundere loli with Rie ...
But no ... Rose is a little cute ... And the ED was different from that i thought but good. ^^
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:55   Link #77
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
They have a level to return to? Far as I recall, the Yosuga ED was their first single ever.
I'm just going on the basis of the several Momoiro Clover songs you can find on YouTube.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 14:28   Link #78
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Okay, I've got no problem with the "girl who knows nothing of our world and is gaga for the male lead" archetype, but I simply cannot get behind a character that hasn't demonstrated a vocabulary beyond five words in the first episode.

Adopting a wait and see approach since I my impressions may change as characters develop and I'll admit my entire reason for checking this out was spotting a fox-eared girl in the promo art anyway.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 14:54   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

People keep calling this the "secret sequel to Toradora!" .... other than the archetype cut'n'paste, I am simply not seeing it, not in the relationships, not in the events, not in the story... not even the art quality :P So tossing THAT aside... my reaction was, um, meh. I might check back in after a few episodes.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 15:09   Link #80
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
People keep calling this the "secret sequel to Toradora!" .... other than the archetype cut'n'paste, I am simply not seeing it, not in the relationships, not in the events, not in the story... not even the art quality :P
At least on this forum, i don't think i have seen the comparison being made. And for a good reason - the two shows have nothing in common, said comparison is about as random as it gets.

That aside, i found the first episode a reasonably entertaining fair. Sure, it might be oozing cliches from all directions and the concept isn't anything particularly innovative, and the English use of Lost Precious grated on my ears (and made me think of Gollum ), but the overall presentation and intent seems lighthearted and simplistic enough that i can't really hold any of that against the show. Rose seems like a quick learner, so it will be fun to see what sorts of mischief she starts causing once she begins poking around. Overall seems like a reasonable 20 minute weekly investment for some unoffensive and light fun.

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen