AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-11, 19:41   Link #21
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I've been waiting for Shogun 2 ever since Rome first came out, and I'm getting a new PC just to play this game. Today, you probably wouldn't enjoy the original Shogun as much, but back in the day it was great fun.
I heard the first Shogun Total War was completely based on keyboard or somewhere close to that. Atleast not involving the mouse.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:15   Link #22
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I heard the first Shogun Total War was completely based on keyboard or somewhere close to that. Atleast not involving the mouse.
From what I remember I don't think so, don't see why anyone would want to play KB only.
You most def what to be using a mouse for when you enter battle just like with the rest of the series, altho I never used the KB exclusively with any of the games so I don't know if it works or not but I always prefer my Mouse+KB combo.

Still awaiting news about whether or not they will have them ingame ninja vids, I so loved them.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:19   Link #23
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Still awaiting news about whether or not they will have them ingame ninja vids, I so loved them.
You mean these types of videos where they assassinate someone and it shows a short ingame video?



Or did I misread on what you meant?
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 22:10   Link #24
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Yes that!

I must be losing my marbles to have have missed that!

Guess I should jump on youtube more often.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 22:53   Link #25
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I heard the first Shogun Total War was completely based on keyboard or somewhere close to that. Atleast not involving the mouse.
Both campaign mode and battle mode involved using the mouse. Battle mode did have a lot of shortcuts but from what I remember it would've been impossible to use keyboard exclusively.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:54   Link #26
Sphire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Age: 29
Haha, that ninja assassination video was sweet. Ah the memories.
__________________
Sphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:57   Link #27
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Both campaign mode and battle mode involved using the mouse. Battle mode did have a lot of shortcuts but from what I remember it would've been impossible to use keyboard exclusively.
Now that I watched some more videos, I got it completely backwards

But it's also said in the original Shogun Total War you can only use the mini-map to command your troops around?
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 23:06   Link #28
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Not on this site no more.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Now that I watched some more videos, I got it completely backwards

But it's also said in the original Shogun Total War you can only use the mini-map to command your troops around?
Your source does not seem very reliable. You could click and set up direction/formation on the battle map during combat when moving unit groups. It was actually quite robust for its time.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 23:09   Link #29
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Now that I watched some more videos, I got it completely backwards

But it's also said in the original Shogun Total War you can only use the mini-map to command your troops around?
I dunno where you are getting all this random crap from, all of it being wrong lol. How about you just play the game and see for yourself? Unless you are trolling us...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 13:19   Link #30
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Your source does not seem very reliable. You could click and set up direction/formation on the battle map during combat when moving unit groups. It was actually quite robust for its time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I dunno where you are getting all this random crap from, all of it being wrong lol. How about you just play the game and see for yourself? Unless you are trolling us...
Well, it seems I just made a fool of myself but just heard from my friends who said they played Shogun Total War, seems they were just messing with me. Either way I only played from Rome Total War - Napoleon Total War. So was a little confused on how Medieval Total War and Shogun Total War would have turned out in terms of controls. I wasn't trying to troll anyone.. I'm just trying to finish up silly rumors that spread to my ears. But nothing else to worry about now.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 16:51   Link #31
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
So they have mentioned other types of Agent being present alongside the Ninja.

Meaning possiblity of Kunoichi and Geisha ?
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 18:31   Link #32
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Meaning possiblity of Kunoichi and Geisha ?
You can see a character that looks like a geisha on the campaign map in that ninja video. I would be perfectly fine with her being slightly less powerful this time around though; in Shogun, one of these was enough to win the whole game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Either way I only played from Rome Total War - Napoleon Total War. So was a little confused on how Medieval Total War and Shogun Total War would have turned out in terms of controls.
Rome was the first game in the series where I felt that the controls did not feel like brain surgery in the dark, to be honest. IIRC in Rome and Medieval 2 you can select a kind of "traditional" keyboard layout which emulates the old Shogun style, but honestly I don't really remember how similar they are.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:08   Link #33
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Have they ever mention the time period allocated and the area allowed for conquest ?

Since Medieval 2 included parts of America and span up till the 16th Century, I;m hoping Shogun 2 do likewise; instead of restricting our playground to mainland Japan, open up Korea and parts of China for us to conquer (While at that, give us the faction of Korea and Yuan Mongols too.) until the Meiji restoration period.

Speaking about the Mongol, is CA ever going to rollout Genghis Total War ?
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:13   Link #34
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Have they ever mention the time period allocated and the area allowed for conquest ?

Since Medieval 2 included parts of America and span up till the 16th Century, I;m hoping Shogun 2 do likewise; instead of restricting our playground to mainland Japan, open up Korea and parts of China for us to conquer (While at that, give us the faction of Korea and Yuan Mongols too.) until the Meiji restoration period
That would make it more interesting. Maybe they haven't thought about it during Shogun Total War, but ever since they introduced adding parts of the Americas in Medieval 2 Total War they probably will. Or its just a feud over clans in Japan only once again.

Quote:
Speaking about the Mongol, is CA ever going to rollout Genghis Total War ?
If they ever planned on doing something like that, they would have done it after Rome Total War was done with its expansions. So there probably gonna be going with Rome 2 Total War next possibly?
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 02:23   Link #35
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
They've already said that the time period is Sengoku Jidai (from 1540 onward) and that the whole campaign map will be dedicated to rendering Japan as big as possible. So I guess we won't be reenacting the invasions of Korea anytime soon.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 06:01   Link #36
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
They've already said that the time period is Sengoku Jidai (from 1540 onward) and that the whole campaign map will be dedicated to rendering Japan as big as possible. So I guess we won't be reenacting the invasions of Korea anytime soon.
It's a can of worms they would rather not open anyway. Putting Koreans, Chinese and Japanese in the same game in any sort of historical detail is problematic. ("Civlizations" can get away with it because they are not recreating history.)
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 09:15   Link #37
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If they ever planned on doing something like that, they would have done it after Rome Total War was done with its expansions. So there probably gonna be going with Rome 2 Total War next possibly?
Thought I mentioned this as Alexander get his own TW title. So why not Genghis too ? It's an very obvious choice for a TW title.

But I can understand the scope for this undertaking. A map featuring almost the entire Northern Hemisphere with at least over 3 dozen vastly different factions requires quite a bit of work there. But if there's a Medieval 3, I'm hoping it'll feature Genghis Khan.

PS :- There's most certainly be a Rome 2 as a developer let slip by referring the current Rome as Rome 1 in an interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's a can of worms they would rather not open anyway. Putting Koreans, Chinese and Japanese in the same game in any sort of historical detail is problematic. ("Civlizations" can get away with it because they are not recreating history.)
The Muslims didn't protest over the crusade campaigns in Medieval 2 Kingdoms
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 11:57   Link #38
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
The Muslims didn't protest over the crusade campaigns in Medieval 2 Kingdoms
That's nothing compared to what the Korean and Chinese politicians can get up to.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 15:53   Link #39
David Watts
Stay Free
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Shogun Total War was an awesome game i loved playing it
its great their making another i cant wait!
__________________
But go easy... Step lightly... Stay free...
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 18:20   Link #40
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
How about Total War: China?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
creative assembly, rtt, tbs, windows

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.