AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-14, 13:33   Link #1001
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Blue Star is a sniper oriented IS. They mention it during the briefing so equipped with a sniper rifle right from the start is a given. Also the Blue Star is also attached with the tiny uavs capable shooting lasers and also the last is missiles. In the battle she used all of them. Ichika just dodging left and right.

The thing is, the sniper and missiles manage to reach Ichika, while uavs lasers mostly don't because Ichika manage to do insane manuevers in evading them.

You don't just riding a unit you first met and become godly all of the sudden. Its like he's Hamilton or Vettel in an f1 or Rossi in a 500c moto gp.
well the power armor was configured for high speed skirmishes in the thought. cecilia's IS was so effective at long range bombardments, if the sniper rifle was ever used or anything.

LULZ MODE ACTIVATE!
since her IS has independent drones, rockets and a sniper rifle that hasnt fired, one can use the drones as a distraction while you take your concentrated shot. on the other hand, ichika's IS design is most suited for CQB skirmishes, making an all range power armor cry up close and personal, unless she had a shotgun-like deterrent for the melees.

as for the guy, his IS can probably take a lot of punishment in order to get close and make the other unit submit with his blade. i remember a tactic when using a large round shield with a big blade once... let your shield take the punishment while you get close, and pummel the hell out of that person with your sword once you move your shield out of the way.... another method was the shield ramming... you move in, hit him with the face of the shield, and before the enemy can react, pummel him with everything you have.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:34   Link #1002
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Your usual "balanced battle because one of the fighter was way too conceited".
I really really REALLY hate arrogant antagonists. It's almost always used as an easy excuse for the protagonist to win in the end.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:36   Link #1003
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
And in the end, she didn't use them one by one, but spamming all of them, against a noob.

Bear in mind, he manage to give her trouble just using a default setting. With the power up he nearly beat her if not for ignorance on his beam saber sucking the shield's energy.

What I'm trying to point is, he manage to do ALL of this in a single first time match against an elite champion.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's either his a natural genius, lucky or his unit is broken. Or a full combo.
She didn't use them all at once. Not even close. She successively uses her sniper rifle, her rifles bits, and the missiles -only- once her rifle bits were destroyed.
She basically wasted her rifle bits for nothing, and didn't use her missiles as a decoy to gain more distance whatsoever.

I will give the benefit of doubt that she can't move while sniping because of the concentration requirement. However, she definitely doesn't use the outmost advantages she got.

You also cannot call someone a noob, when she herself notice that he manages to survive longer than any other candidates. Someone who is trying their IS for the first time is an alarming flag. Also, even though we know it was stupid, Cecilia thought he seriously defeated an instructor. Therefore, she should know it wasn't someone to take lightly, yet she did because of her pride.


That why, even if he has talents, this isn't exactly broken or surprising, because Cecilia, despite being the elite, was just playing the scrub.
Ichika would be unlikely to even get close to her if Cecilia was serious from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
since her IS has independent drones, rockets and a sniper rifle that hasnt fired, one can use the drones as a distraction while you take your concentrated shot.
That isn't possible, as she has to concentrate in order to control the rifle bits. Therefore, it is actually fine to see her not firing at him while she launched the bits.
However, she basically doesn't move, and use no tactics whatsoever.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:39   Link #1004
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
as for the guy, his IS can probably take a lot of punishment in order to get close and make the other unit submit with his blade. i remember a tactic when using a large round shield with a big blade once... let your shield take the punishment while you get close, and pummel the hell out of that person with your sword once you move your shield out of the way.... another method was the shield ramming... you move in, hit him with the face of the shield, and before the enemy can react, pummel him with everything you have.
Not even that, his IS uses to much energy due to sword special effect of draining energy form the shild to boost the offensive power, that's why his sister says that his IS is incomplete due to this fatal flaw.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:40   Link #1005
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeR
well the power armor was configured for high speed skirmishes in the thought. cecilia's IS was so effective at long range bombardments, if the sniper rifle was ever used or anything.

LULZ MODE ACTIVATE!
since her IS has independent drones, rockets and a sniper rifle that hasnt fired, one can use the drones as a distraction while you take your concentrated shot. on the other hand, ichika's IS design is most suited for CQB skirmishes, making an all range power armor cry up close and personal, unless she had a shotgun-like deterrent for the melees.

as for the guy, his IS can probably take a lot of punishment in order to get close and make the other unit submit with his blade.
Highly doubt there'll be a shotgun-melee since this is Japanese oriented shows where swords are cooler than guns. And for his unit being a tanker, also doubt it. Seeing his beam saber chewed the hell out of his shield energy. I'd say his IS sacfrice defence for the sake of offence.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:47   Link #1006
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
You also cannot call someone a noob, when she herself notice that he manages to survive longer than any other candidates. Someone who is trying their IS for the first time is an alarming flag. Also, even though we know it was stupid, Cecilia thought he seriously defeated an instructor. Therefore, she should know it wasn't someone to take lightly, yet she did because of her pride.
Huh? from the first ep he's a noob because he didn't read the manual in the first ep and just getting a hang about how to use an IS. In the second ep she begs Houki to teach her about IS and spent a whole week learning kendo without IS knowledge at all. How he's not considered a noob in the IS department are bizarre and beyond me.

Quote:
That why, even if he has talents, this isn't exactly broken or surprising, because Cecilia, despite being the elite, was just playing the scrub.

Ichika would be unlikely to even get close to her if Cecilia was serious from the get go.
With all the handicap I mentioned he went against an elite and nearly beat her. Like I said, being a beginner and nearly beating her is already an incredible feat.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:52   Link #1007
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
@klash: the drones are effective when the user is FAR AWAY, i will believe cecilia to be a sharpshooter if she can pull off shooting ichika whilst moving at mid rangew\o using her drones.

@knight: well, its like a berserker mode... his blade eats up his shield, but the blade in turn has shitloads of power to take down a single power armor with one blow. you have to be amazingly skilled to not get hit by any projectile or melee weapon to get close and strike, or incredibly stupid for sacrificing it. if it means draining your shield to power up your blade AND give you a 200% maneuver output, then THAT is cool...

OT in skill:

i can say that cecilia was too damn proud of her abilities, but i think she fought seriously in her own way, but you CANT deny her look when ichika was about to close in and finish her off... because THAT look was of both surprise and a bit of fear from her face....
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:58   Link #1008
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
yeah I agree. His unit is not defence or tanker oriented but more like geared towards agility and getting the one hit kill with an excessive blow. I guess his IS is one of the faster units.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 14:01   Link #1009
Sotobrastos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Lame episode. The action is decent at best.

Waiting for Hanazawa.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 14:02   Link #1010
Xacual
The color of a Hero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
The drones for Cecillia's IS aren't independent, Ichika even figures out in the episode that she has to manually control them that's why she couldn't fire at him while using them because they took her concentration.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 14:28   Link #1011
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
@klash: the drones are effective when the user is FAR AWAY, i will believe cecilia to be a sharpshooter if she can pull off shooting ichika whilst moving at mid rangew\o using her drones.
Actually no, Bits/Dragoons/Drones however you call them aren't supposed to be used far away. The reason is that you have to dock them back to refill them, and wasting time in this process is way too dangerous. Furthermore, being farther away makes the manipulations much more hazardous because you aren't as accurate.
Exception: independant Bits with a noticably long autonomy and energy battery.

Actually, you would rather use bits when your opponent is within middle range, because while you can't focus on something moving fast before you, they will be hindered in their attacks if something is on their way.

Quote:
i can say that cecilia was too damn proud of her abilities, but i think she fought seriously in her own way, but you CANT deny her look when ichika was about to close in and finish her off... because THAT look was of both surprise and a bit of fear from her face....
Way too late, however.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-01-14 at 14:45.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:10   Link #1012
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Before you worry about that, you might as well ask why they are giving emotionally unstable teenage girls access to weapons of mass destruction.
Better than megalo-maniac senile geezers, who operate under the delusion of just causes
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:19   Link #1013
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
There's something that seriously bugs me about that fight. Wasn't Cecile's shooting doing a lot of collateral damage? There were people in stands weren't there? Is that really safe for them?
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:26   Link #1014
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Actually, there were details about that: the arena is protected by a large scale shield.
You can see the shield block impact during the Bits sequence.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:31   Link #1015
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Oh I see. Well if that's the case, why are IS considered such a big deal then if they already have shields that can deal with their weapons? I mean I figure that shield has to be pretty damn strong in order to deal with anything that might happen. I can't imagine those girls being allowed in the stands otherwise.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:40   Link #1016
Fishfood1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Not Antarctica?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh I see. Well if that's the case, why are IS considered such a big deal then if they already have shields that can deal with their weapons? I mean I figure that shield has to be pretty damn strong in order to deal with anything that might happen. I can't imagine those girls being allowed in the stands otherwise.
the weapons could been set in less lethal mode, so shields could absorb them. also it didn't say if the shield could withstand sustained fire, so who knows. since we've seen IS performance are better than any other weapon in the current world, so wouldn't that make them stand out?


anyways from the 2nd episode... cecilia could have used her funnels/bits/dragoon/fangs/drone in more way than just simply deploy besides the target randomly and fire. i mean like she could have deployed it besides her and fire it with her rifle to provide a semi-AoE attack. just my opinion
__________________

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:48   Link #1017
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
anyways from the 2nd episode... cecilia could have used her funnels/bits/dragoon/fangs/drone in more way than just simply deploy besides the target randomly and fire. i mean like she could have deployed it besides her and fire it with her rifle to provide a semi-AoE attack. just my opinion
she couldnt even fire her rifle OR move because her mind was focused on controlling her tiny gun firing minions. i also doubt she had a plan to defeat him.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:56   Link #1018
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
So those tiny uavs/drones she controls are called 'dragoons'?

I assume the things are built for more defensive purpose where they're only used when an enemy comes within 50 yard near the Blue Star. Using them as close combat weapons at the expense of your concentration would most likely get you killed.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:00   Link #1019
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
So those tiny uavs/drones she controls are called 'dragoons'?

I assume the things are built for more defensive purpose where they're only used when an enemy comes within 50 yard near the Blue Star. Using them as close combat weapons at the expense of your concentration would most likely get you killed.
they can also be used as a distraction for other IS to toast the bothered enemy
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:11   Link #1020
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
So those tiny uavs/drones she controls are called 'dragoons'?
Not really, i am sure they mentioned the actual naming within the show, but i already forgot "Dragoons" is the most widely used/known way to refer to detachable "independent" weapon pods, introduced by Gundam series. A good number of people know about those, and thus weaponry of such type often gets labeled as "dragoons" ... especially when the show itself didn't make enough of a mention to make the name stick, i guess.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.