|View Poll Results: Pick ONE favourite Heroine, and ONE favourite Story Arc (rank the rest in your post)|
|Story Arc: Haruka||48||22.22%|
|Story Arc: Kaoru||20||9.26%|
|Story Arc: Sae||10||4.63%|
|Story Arc: Ai||35||16.20%|
|Story Arc: Rihoko||7||3.24%|
|Story Arc: Tsukasa||122||56.48%|
|Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll|
|2011-01-18, 01:11||Link #61|
I know Sae's personality is completely cut-and-paste from her archetype but I still love her. That says something about the power of a good dating sim I suppose--if the story is well written, you'll naturally gravitate toward the character who most appeals to you rather than the ones who are most interesting or unique.
Having said that, Tsukasa's arc was flat-out epic. Spectacular finale to the series, especially since I didn't like Rihoko and Ai as much as Haruka and Sexhair.
|2011-02-09, 20:16||Link #63|
Ha ha ha ha ha...
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
- Kaoru is definitely my type. She's almost brutally cheerful, and a very free spirit. Though I think Haruka and Junichi make quite the awesome couple as well... their epilogue was hilarious. I'm just disappointed that Kaoru and Junichi didn't get an equally awesome epilogue, since I thought their relationship seemed the most natural (i.e. not forced by plot-kai), and seemed to be simply deeper because they were good friends FIRST.
- I didn't like Sae's awful timidity, or Rihoko's ditziness. Rihoko was kinda cute when it came to her weakness to food, but Sae was just painfully shy for most of her arc. Annoyed the crap outta me that Junichi had to coax her like a tiny pet in order for her to do ANYTHING social.
Story Arc: Tsukasa
- I was totally not expecting that Tsukasa would have what's almost like a split personality (rather more like a public face and a private one, but to the extreme). That being said, I couldn't help laughing my ass off at how afraid Junichi was of Tsukasa. It was just too funny. Talk about a dominatrix.
- Least favorite arc was obviously Rihoko's. Their relationship, when you really get down to it, never actually gets to the point of even so much as a confession, much less dating, much less a close relationship. I was really, REALLY disappointed that Rihoko never worked up the courage to confess to Junichi during the arc. I mean, even Sae and Junichi at least got together in the end.
|2011-03-27, 03:53||Link #66|
We live to make tomorrow
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outer space
1. Haruka Morishima
2. Kaoru Tanamachi
3. Rihoko Sakurai
4. Ai Nanasaki
5. Tsukasa Ayatsuji
6. Sae Nakata
1. Haruka route
2. Kaoru route
3. Tsukasa route
4. Ai route
5. Rihoko/Sae route
Last edited by CrimsonSunshine; 2011-03-27 at 04:16.
|2011-04-29, 02:49||Link #69|
Nishikino Maki (*￣▽￣*)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I shall reveal it to you.
After a lot of soul searching, I eventually decided to pick Kaoru over Tsukasa by just a small margin. The reason? I like her style, she definitely has the personality of a girl that you wouldn't mind bumping into one day at a mall or a coffee shop. However, story wise, you can't beat Tsukasa's arc. It's so good...in so many levels...
|2011-05-08, 09:51||Link #70|
Join Date: Jan 2011
1. Tsukasa (most intriguing character)
2. Ai (enjoy her teasing, playful, responsible nature)
3. Kaoru (playful)
4. Haruka (unstable relationship)
5. Rihoko (simple)
6. Sae (boring)
1. Tsukasa (hook on the ending, but unrealistic on her personality problems)
2. Kaoru (the most realism out of the girls)
3. Ai (the chemistry and the teasing was fun to watch)
4. Haruka (irradiating late on)
5. Rihoko (average ending)
6. Sae (little physical for love story..)
|2011-07-26, 19:02||Link #73|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Just finished Amagami SS in 720p :3
1. Haruka Morishima - Most refreshing, playful, and exciting~ with a lovely childish personality and a certain spark.
2. Kaoru Tanamachi - Excellent dere side, very spirited and realistic, girl bro, SEXHAIR.
3. Tsukasa Ayatsuji - Secret bitch persona makes her the most dramatic girl.
4. Rihoko Sakurai - Simple airhead with an obsession of food is adorable in some ways.
5. Ai Nanasaki - Sweet and sensitive, but doesn't grab my attention.
6. Sae Nakata - Kind of annoying and boring, too much of a woobie.
1. Haruka - Quite unusual, but definitely the most entertaining arc. Haruka's confession scene in episode 4 is one of the best moments in the series. Her fun ideas and kinkiness spice up situations ~ she certainly brought out Junichi's liveliness. Also, the ending was epic win. *HIBIKI, RUN FOR IT!...* I wonder how their child looks like ^^
2. Tsuaksa - Well thought out script, but with unanswered questions such as what was in her notebook and the reason for hating her sister ~ although the ending was the most emotional out of all the arcs. He seems to be the most compatible for her, since most guys wouldn't want to marry a girl with a split personality.
3. Kaoru - The ending could have been executed better, wished there was a 10 years after epilogue. However the chemistry between the two and their growth for each other is pretty much flawless.
4. Sae - The funny narrator addition was very nice, but Sae herself is bleh. The instructor/student bond was way overused.
5. Ai - Her arc was a bit forgetful, but the onsen scene was ;D. The swimming aspect of the plot was a huge turnoff.
6. Rihoko - Her arc ranks the lowest since she got sadly friendzoned with a bittersweet open-ended epilogue. However, the rest of the arc was pretty interesting since it was the only one which followed the main girl perspective's and not Junichi's.
Overall Amagami SS deserves applause for such wonderfully realistic character designs, since the hairstyles and natural haircolors (with the exception of Sae) are what would be typically be found in a Japanese high school. The character designs are also really clean, and the color palette is vibrant.The general characterization was enjoyable throughout all of the arcs. 10/10
Last edited by whoahyuu; 2011-07-26 at 20:11.
|2011-09-19, 12:45||Link #74|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Sorry for being late to the party, but I just finished watching this.
--These two stand far above the rest as far as I'm conceded, with Tsukasa rather far above Haruka even. I still enjoyed the other 4, but just not as much as these two.
4) Rihoko (I liked every episode, so the unfortunately conclusion didn't bother me.)
6) Ai (I actually think her first ep was great, but it just went down the crapper after that.)
1) Haruka (4life)
|2012-01-04, 04:02||Link #75|
Join Date: Jan 2012
1. Tsukasa- I was just drawn to her even before her arc, and I fell in love with her even more after learning about her split personality. (Yandere FTW? ) Being the last arc too, you could tell they were trying to save the best for last!
2. Kaoru-Just a great friendly personality, her looks didn't completely appeal to me, but she grew on me with her actions.
3. Ai- Very playful, good character, just liked Tsukasa and Kaoru more.
4. Sae-Very cute, I agree she's too shy though.
5. Haruka- I found her attractive, but her personality could be annoying at times.
6. Rihoko- Her personality had potential, but I think the arc helped in killing this too.
1. Tsukasa- AMAZING plot that just made me love her as a character even more None of the other arcs can really compare since I never lost interest in her arc.
2. Kaoru-I agree it was simple, but I found that appealing since he helped her in a more realistic way.
3. Sae- Wasn't the best arc, but there wasn't really anything terrible about it.
4. Haruka- The ending was nice, but the knee scene was a bit too weird for me.
5. Ai- Beginning+Ending was great, but the amusement park scene was completely random. And when 1 out of only 4 episodes seems like a filler, there's trouble.
6. Rihoko- Friendzone. In a romance anime. Where every other character had a confession. More explanation is unnecessary.
This is really late, but I just decided to watch it and I wasn't disappointed whatsoever (9.5/10 at least). The girls overall are some of my favorite anime girls, and I luckily watched this show right before the second season comes out! The only sucky part will be seeing only 1 episode a week D: But with how the trailer looked, can't wait for more Tsukasa~
|2012-01-28, 02:02||Link #76|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere between life and death.
Yupe, I'm another latecomer.
Wow, hard choice here.
I picked Tsukasa, but Kaoru (she is so much fun and a very nice girl to boot) and Ai (she is sweet and just plain cute) are awesome too.
Quite a few people here feel that Tsukasa has a split personality (is yandere), but I don't think that's accurate.
It's really more of a "deliberate facade".
She know exactly what's she is doing and is actually acutely aware of the "unfriendliness" of her less-than-completely-altruistic  and calculating real personality , hence wondered why Junichi still hangs around her even after knowing what she is really like.
Her facade is just a way of "compensating", so she doesn't have to "bother" anyone with her real personality - it's also kind of a "political necessity" in order for her to do her job.
Nothing wrong really. It's not as if she is hurting anyone.
Hey, we are what we are.
Of all the arcs I have watched (everyone except Sae and Rihoko ), definitely Tsukasa's. It was played completely straight, with minimal fetish/oddball fanservice moments and was in general really well done.
 Sad to say, I found Sae kind of annoying. Never found Rihoko that interesting ...
PS: I know I said I would be avoiding these forums, but I found this series to be just so very intriguing.
|2012-02-06, 21:38||Link #77|
Join Date: Feb 2012
Love Haruka, mostly because of her queer personality and her hair lol (fetishist much), but Tsukasas yandere tendencies put her at a close second for me
Both their respective arcs are the most interesting also... tough decision lol.
|2012-09-23, 03:30||Link #78|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Haruka is the best. Her route is easily the most romantic, most loving, and she treats him the best. I like most of the girls so it's really hard to pick a favorite. They all have their charms of their own. I mean, Sae is super cute, she certainly wins in the cuteness department. Kaoru would be the winner if you just wanted a buddy to hang with and have fun. Tsukasa is pretty and elegant but she can be a little mean as well. I like Ai as well since she seems to have a preverted side. The only arc I didn't like was Rihoko. Yeah, she's cute in her own way, but in the 1st series, nothing happened at all. She was the only one not to become his girlfriend.
Amagami is a good game and a good franchise overall. The anime actually has a healthy amount of real romance unlike so many others, but yet it still stays clean so anyone of any age can watch it. There is also good closure at the end of each arc/route.
|2012-12-24, 22:19||Link #79|
The Angry Idol Fag Nerd
My favorite character is Tsukasa. Sharp-tongue, commanding, and cunning. What isn't to like? She was full of surprises and there was no way to know what she was like before her arc. The other characters were easy to read and the only other side they showed during their respective arcs was the obligatory "loving" side. The closest thing to another "side" from the other heroines was Sae and it comes down to her having the confidence to be at a contest or not which probably signifies the character development she went through in her arc. That brings me to my next point.
Sae is my second-favorite character but has my favorite story arc. She had the advantage of time with her arc starting a few in-universe seasons before most of the other arcs began and we saw the gradual change in her confidence and character to make her believable. Ironically, her arc showed the events of multiple in-universe seasons better than the other arcs which focused on one in-universe season.
But make no mistake that Tsukasa is my favorite character. She shows the most personality; Sae shows the most/best development and we owe that to the direction of her arc.
PS: When Sae wore Gothic black lace, I nearly died.