AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-18, 20:37   Link #241
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

Death Cannon is one of Death the Kid's signature moves. I doubt anyone else could pull it off. As a comparison, Witch Hunter has been referred to as the traditional super move (or something) for scythe meisters.
Old 2009-10-19, 14:22   Link #242
lmd_84

The anime, at least, showed that soul resonance moves differ between weapon and meister. So, Maka and Soul's Witch Hunter looks different to Stein and Spirit's, which looked very different again when Shinigami and Spirit used it much later on (because shiny-rainbow things are just cool...)

What the moves look like also seem to be down to the soul of the meister, not the Weapon (Kid's has skulls involved, Stein's stitches), so on that basis Kilik doing Soul Resonance with Patti and Liz would create something slightly different to Death Cannon. It's probably a given that big guns would be involved.
Old 2009-11-17, 21:01   Link #243
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

I would like to ask, how does Sid dies? And how he was revived?
Old 2009-11-17, 21:57   Link #244
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Got a question or two of my own. For the weapons that don't become death scythes, what happens to them later? And what happens to the meisters than train them? I don't remember it being touched on yet so I was wondering if I missed something.
Old 2009-11-18, 06:00   Link #245
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Got a question or two of my own. For the weapons that don't become death scythes, what happens to them later? And what happens to the meisters than train them? I don't remember it being touched on yet so I was wondering if I missed something.
I hinkthey simply stay the way they are. Just like small army who takes care of small flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
I would like to ask, how does Sid dies? And how he was revived?
Wasn't that answered right before Maka's and others fight with him? I don't remeber what exactly was said, but it was explained. Someone had attacked him.
Old 2009-11-18, 06:05   Link #246
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
They stay as they are until they become Death Scythes. There's nothing actually mentioned about what happens to them but I doubt Shibusen would reject them for failing. Look at Soul or Tsubaki. Despite their past failures, Shinigami still keeps them in Shibusen. Same goes for the Technicians. Just look at Maka and Black*Star.
Old 2009-11-18, 09:21   Link #247
souleater22

Since I came late and read a few of the chapters later when Black Star Trains at the Nakatsukasa house and since I'm a fan of Tsubaki, I want to know what IS this Nakatsukasa Purpose so I can fully understand. Is it the whole thing with that weird Zebra like creature?

Last edited by souleater22; 2009-11-18 at 19:11.
Old 2009-11-21, 20:14   Link #248
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

@souleater22

Spoiler for MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS:

Not the best explanation. Reread chapter 49 and it should make sense.
Not the best explanation, really.
Old 2009-12-19, 13:23   Link #249
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Just watched the first four english dubbed episodes and thought they were amazing. How often are they going to release more?
Old 2010-05-07, 01:47   Link #250
roankun
Tsundere Lover

The BIG question. Is Chrona a guy or a girl?
Old 2010-05-07, 07:03   Link #251
palpatin

That's a mystery that has never been officialy solved^^ As far as I know, not even the autor himself knows, he just occasionally makes jokes about this lack of knowledge in the manga^^
Old 2010-05-07, 15:36   Link #252
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
The BIG question. Is Chrona a guy or a girl?
The answer to that question, my friend, can only be found in a very special place.

Spoiler for And that special place is ...:
Old 2010-05-16, 16:14   Link #253
Verified

I've got a lot here since I am doing hardcore research I have a pretty good understanding of a lot of the world of Soul Eater just looking for some more input from people who have watched the show and/or (preferably and) read the manga. I am creating a table-top RPG btw which is why I have a good number of technical questions There is a lot of information in the thread, and I noticed one of my questions came up slightly in the thread so we'll start with that

Soul Resonance
Spoiler:

Pre-Kishins
Spoiler:

Other Institutions
Spoiler:

Other Shibusen employees
Spoiler:

Witches
Spoiler:

Job Postings
Spoiler:

Kishins
Spoiler:

That's a good start for now and I'm curious to see your answers Thank you for your hard work
Old 2010-05-17, 15:45   Link #254
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

^ Answered everything! Didn't expect that, huh?
I knew the answers to most of your questions but some of it is just speculation on my part.
Anyway can you plz confirm that you have read my post so I don't feel like I have wasted an hour of my life – that I should have spent studying for my math exam – for nothing?

Soul Resonance
Spoiler:

Pre-Kishins
Spoiler:

Other Institutions
Spoiler:

Other Shibusen employees
Spoiler:

Witches
Spoiler:

Job Postings
Spoiler:

Kishins
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-19, 09:39   Link #255
Verified

Thanks for the response... but you should have been studying Here's a kind of discussion response to your answers as I have a question about some, and would like to disagree on others

Soul Resonance
Spoiler:

Pre-Kishins
Spoiler:

Other Institutions
Spoiler:

Witches
Spoiler:

Kishins
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-19, 14:14   Link #256
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verified View Post
Thanks for the response... but you should have been studying Here's a kind of discussion response to your answers as I have a question about some, and would like to disagree on others
Nah, thinking about Soul Eater is way more fun than thinking about math problems... No problem. This is what I think... But really you need to work with either the manga cannon or the anime cannon. Because mixing em up just doesn't work.

Soul Resonance
Spoiler:

Pre-Kishins
Spoiler:

Other Institutions
Spoiler:

Witches
Spoiler:

Kishins
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-18, 17:15   Link #257
ellifeedn
Thinker

When a person transforms into a weapon, do they only transform into a single "whole" weapon or can they transform into two or more parts?
Old 2011-01-19, 12:16   Link #258
GlassesLady
dat apple

It's never been said that a person can't transform into a multi-part weapon, but I don't think we've ever seen it happen, either.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Old 2011-01-19, 13:48   Link #259
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

To my knowledge weapons that are made up out of several several parts do exist.

Let's not forget that we do have Ragnarok, a sword made up out of Medusa's Black Blood. His bloody needle attack seems like it might be what you mean and he can take the shape of three different blades at the same time iirc (one or two might be due to the black clown though). Some of Tsubaki's Shadow ☆ Star modes might also be what you mean specifically Brached Darkness and Masamune (the Disorderly Line imitation) come to mind

And then we have an even bigger list of weapons that change into parts that are connected to eachother.

So I'd say yes, but I won't say that I'm 100% sure.
Old 2012-04-17, 23:26   Link #260
Aimop95

There's Sid and his weapon, though in the anime, the knife sheath was a part of her weapon form. Not sure if this applies to the manga.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a