AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-20, 14:05   Link #1981
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I see the reconciliation too, but I see Yuki ending up with Touru in the end. Think of that Freddie Prinze Jr. movie She's all that. It starts with some bet but Touru catches feelings in the end and it was real.

I really think Utsumi will get with Shou or Risa.
No disrespect, but that is highly unlikely. Touru is not the main character, Utsumi is. If you want to us the "She's All That" reference, it would be like the main girl ending up with the jerky guy, the one who didn't make the bet.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 14:28   Link #1982
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Yuki x Utsumi is already all but set in stone as the "good ending". I'd prefer him to end up with Shou (or even better, stay single) but that is not going to happen, it's just wishful thinking.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 14:37   Link #1983
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I see the reconciliation too, but I see Yuki ending up with Touru in the end. Think of that Freddie Prinze Jr. movie She's all that. It starts with some bet but Touru catches feelings in the end and it was real.

I really think Utsumi will get with Shou or Risa.
Well, if the story follows the Chpt 00 original arc that begat the whole series, then Utsumi will end up with Yuki, thanking Shou for teaching him what it means to love. Its kind of like Macross in reverse, where the long story came first, followed by the shorter more compact movie version. This in reverse where a short story one-shot caused a whole multi tankouban series to occur, so we're reading an expanded version of the original.

The Mangaka may throw a curveball and end it the way you say, but I think the odds are against it.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 14:50   Link #1984
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Well, if the story follows the Chpt 00 original arc that begat the whole series, then Utsumi will end up with Yuki, thanking Shou for teaching him what it means to love. Its kind of like Macross in reverse, where the long story came first, followed by the shorter more compact movie version. This in reverse where a short story one-shot caused a whole multi tankouban series to occur, so we're reading an expanded version of the original.

The Mangaka may throw a curveball and end it the way you say, but I think the odds are against it.
She already threw a curveball with the NTR. That's why I think she's not afraid to push the boundaries and come up with an unconventional ending. I never read the oneshot, but was it a conclusive Yuki x Utsumi ending where they both became official?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:24   Link #1985
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
She can always make things like
Yuki x Utsu = good ending
Utsu x Someone = true ending
Yuki x Touru = bad ending

And stuff like that which happens in visual noves.
That is if she has "enough balls" to do that.

And unconventional mangas give mangakas more "popularity" as it was with Kawashita's Ichigo 100%, all ppl remember that manga no matter what.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:45   Link #1986
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I never read the oneshot, but was it a conclusive Yuki x Utsumi ending where they both became official?
Nope, in fact he was still head over heels in love with Shou and Yuki was still his own personal Dr. Joyce Brothers...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:49   Link #1987
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
She can always make things like
Yuki x Utsu = good ending
Utsu x Someone = true ending
Yuki x Touru = bad ending

And stuff like that which happens in visual noves.
That is if she has "enough balls" to do that.

And unconventional mangas give mangakas more "popularity" as it was with Kawashita's Ichigo 100%, all ppl remember that manga no matter what.
True that. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 16:06   Link #1988
n0c0ntr0l
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
She can always make things like
Yuki x Utsu = good ending
Utsu x Someone = true ending
Yuki x Touru = bad ending

And stuff like that which happens in visual noves.
That is if she has "enough balls" to do that.

And unconventional mangas give mangakas more "popularity" as it was with Kawashita's Ichigo 100%, all ppl remember that manga no matter what.
If you didn't see Nishino winning Ichigo 100% after chapter 90, well joke is on you.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 17:35   Link #1989
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Point is that you can't apply the terms alpha/beta male to human beings. They refer specifically to animals only so if you don't want to reduce the story's characters to their natural drives and biological traits (or whatever you call that) you might want to refrain from using terms that could come right out of social darwinism.

You might call me a nitpicker here but I like to think that I'm already out of the cave
Last time I checked humans were still animals (mammals) actually.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 19:07   Link #1990
n0c0ntr0l
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter is up on the imangascans website.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 19:19   Link #1991
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
So now we've reached the climax it should start to wind down from here. Utsumi will need to come to terms with Kurokawa's history. No doubt he will have a hard time accepting it, and I wonder if the mangaka will have Shou or Risa swoop in and put some moves on Utsumi while he's confused.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 19:41   Link #1992
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
If you didn't see Nishino winning Ichigo 100% after chapter 90, well joke is on you.
I agree. I wanted to deny it because I was shipping Aya, but she blew it as badly as Junpei. Nishino kept on keeping on and roped and tied the guy as she left for Europe. The final chapter was just putting the cherry on top of the Nishino ending sundae.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 19:47   Link #1993
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Nope, in fact he was still head over heels in love with Shou and Yuki was still his own personal Dr. Joyce Brothers...
You didn't read that right I think. Utsumi was very clear to Shou on the phone with his "Its a good thing I liked you, because I was able to fall in love with someone" he and Yuki then exchange knowing happy looks and Yuki challenges Utsumi to really understand her. If that wasn't the beginning of a relationship, I don't know what is! Coy? Yes, but definitely they came to an agreement.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 19:59   Link #1994
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
There must be a page missing with the one I read because I didn't see that page at all...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:05   Link #1995
n0c0ntr0l
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
So now we've reached the climax it should start to wind down from here. Utsumi will need to come to terms with Kurokawa's history. No doubt he will have a hard time accepting it, and I wonder if the mangaka will have Shou or Risa swoop in and put some moves on Utsumi while he's confused.
I don't believe this to be the case at all.

From the end of the chapter what came across more than anything was:

A. shock

B. he didn't know what he could possibly say to comfort her.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:19   Link #1996
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
I don't believe this to be the case at all.

From the end of the chapter what came across more than anything was:

A. shock

B. he didn't know what he could possibly say to comfort her.
I agree with those feelings but theres no way that you can tell from just this chapter that he's fine with her history. I believe next chapter he will have his inner-monologue that will show what he really thinks of the situation. I don't think he'll tell anyone else about it, since she kept it secret and no one in school knows exactly what happened. I wouldn't be suprised of a "cooling off" period where they both kind of avoid each other because they don't know what to say to each other after that bomb.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:48   Link #1997
n0c0ntr0l
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I agree with those feelings but theres no way that you can tell from just this chapter that he's fine with her history. I believe next chapter he will have his inner-monologue that will show what he really thinks of the situation. I don't think he'll tell anyone else about it, since she kept it secret and no one in school knows exactly what happened. I wouldn't be suprised of a "cooling off" period where they both kind of avoid each other because they don't know what to say to each other after that bomb.
He definitely isn't fine with it. In the way that he's unhappy that it happened to her. But I don't think her lack of virginity bothers her. I mean with Shou it did the opposite, it increased his jealousy to a point where he was going to have sex with her.

As for what happens next. Either he's gonna dwell on it on the roof for all of 1 minute and go running after Yuki or he's gonna cool off, wait till the festival and then go after her then AND confess and tell her that he doesn't care and he still loves her etc.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:54   Link #1998
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
If Yuki even contemplates getting back with Tooru after this, it'd be the single most disgusting development I've ever seen outside of an H-manga.
__________________
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:58   Link #1999
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Copying and pasting thought from OM because I'm lazy:

My thoughts:

Tooru was a complete douchebag, knowing about the tape or not (for some reason, having not seen Tooru's side at all and only having jerkface's word, there's a lot more to this than we can see), Yuki obviously didn't want to do it and he guilt tripped her into it. Why they had to do it then and there is beyond me, but Yuki also showed a serious lapse in judgement by doing it in the school storeroom.

If I was her dad, I'd be completely pissed, threaten to ground her for life, but first I'd help her get over the trauma, run damage control (tests for pregnancy) and show her that she's still my daughter no matter what, then drill into her head just what she did wrong. Her dad showed no support and even slapped her and sent her away because he cared more about his image than about Yuki. Between him and Tooru, it's no wonder why she hates men.

As for Utsumi's thoughts, we don't really know what he is thinking yet. For all we know, the virginity thing could just be part of the overall shock of finding out the truth. He did show he was jealous and upset at the thought of Shou doing it. He wants to support her, but he really doesn't know how to react to all this and it's sure he can handle it. Truth is, we won't know more until future chapters as we see how they deal with it. We all want him to hug her, but truthfully, given the fact that he was slapped upside the head with the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if he did just let her walk away. Utsumi is a regular, inexperienced guy and I'm sure dealing with the virginity thing, at the very least, will make him feel insecure. Dealing with the trauma itself is a completely different animal.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 21:30   Link #2000
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
There must be a page missing with the one I read because I didn't see that page at all...
Last 4 pages.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.