AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2011-01-16, 22:14   Link #101
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Why did Satoshi take his clothes off if Futaba only grab his shirt

Satoshi is kind of creepy here
Old 2011-01-17, 07:34   Link #102
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
He kind of deserved his beating, but would have gotten one regardless if he still had pants
Old 2011-01-18, 16:55   Link #103
Solafighter
Hige

The style from the first season didnt change at all, so its gonna be a blast of an second season.
Old 2011-01-22, 01:21   Link #104
quigonkenny
Omae wa mou binbou iru...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Why did Satoshi take his clothes off if Futaba only grab his shirt

Satoshi is kind of creepy here
The implication is that he had to take off his Santa coat because he couldn't get her to let go of it, only to have her grab his Santa pants just as he was about to get away, meaning he had to eventually shed those as well. It's a humorous escalation scenario that we've all seen countless times in other situations, so it was merged with the similar and just as common scenario where we see an obvious joke situation start, then cut right to the punchline, since that usually makes it funnier than sitting through the whole thing...

Problem is that with all the creepy pedophi... lolicons out there, a lot of people are still convinced, despite all evidence to the contrary, that this series is the second coming of Kodomo no Jikan and Yabecchi is the designated lolicon self-insert character, so they didn't get the joke... (Sankaku Complex continuing to deliberately mis-romanize the series as "Mitsudo Moe" doesn't help things, since that site counts 90% of the "potential sex-offender" portion of anime lovers as regular visitors)
Old 2011-01-22, 03:03   Link #105
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Problem is that with all the creepy pedophi... lolicons out there, a lot of people are still convinced, despite all evidence to the contrary, that this series is the second coming of Kodomo no Jikan and Yabecchi is the designated lolicon self-insert character, so they didn't get the joke... (Sankaku Complex continuing to deliberately mis-romanize the series as "Mitsudo Moe" doesn't help things, since that site counts 90% of the "potential sex-offender" portion of anime lovers as regular visitors)
I think Mitsudomoe's still doing okay on CR compared to other titles that aren't focused on mainstream appeal. Only issue I see is that it's 18+ restricted on CR for some odd reason as opposed to a number of fanservice anime which aren't restricted at all . That aside, it still gets healthy numbers on the more open source downloading part of the web.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 14:57   Link #106
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Marui-ke Okawari 03 - [Adjective] Like a Fox:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 19:04   Link #107
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

They seemed to have skipped the Hatsumode chapter that followed the Yabecchi santa (vol 7) and have confused mother nature. I see in the preview for ep 4 some of them are wearing coats again in one scene despite showing stories that took place during summer.

I'd blame this on the second season being trimmed, but even so... they did a much better job of ordering disjointed chapters the first season. Maybe they're trying to put out the chapters they think will have the best reception.
Old 2011-01-22, 20:25   Link #108
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

What a treat this show is. I was concerned that it might suffer from the sophomore curse, but the second season is just as hilarious as the first. I really enjoy the segments involving Soujirou or Sugisaki versus Mitsuba, so episode 3 was a winner. Such a shame that the second season will only be eight episodes.

I don't read the manga, so I am curious: does time ever pass in Mitsudomoe, ie do the characters age and develop? Or are they forever stuck in the sixth grade? Two Christmas seasons have already passed. The first two episodes made me wonder because the way the characters seemed to be a bit taller/leaner than the first season, but then in the third episode everyone was back to the more squat style. Just production differences or my eyes playing tricks on me?
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 20:36   Link #109
Vanish

Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
After the first not so convincing (boring) episode I'm now totally sold again, just like in the first season. The situations just keep being creative in a way, and that's so fun about it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 07:34   Link #110
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
They seemed to have skipped the Hatsumode chapter that followed the Yabecchi santa (vol 7) and have confused mother nature.
Speaking of which, did it ever show what happened to their mom?
I've been assuming she's dead, but episode 3 raised the possibility (to me anyway) that she fled when their hunky dad lost his looks.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 22:21   Link #111
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Why did the dad take his pants off he all ready looks like a kidnapper in the first place
Old 2011-01-23, 23:06   Link #112
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I don't read the manga, so I am curious: does time ever pass in Mitsudomoe, ie do the characters age and develop? Or are they forever stuck in the sixth grade? Two Christmas seasons have already passed. The first two episodes made me wonder because the way the characters seemed to be a bit taller/leaner than the first season, but then in the third episode everyone was back to the more squat style. Just production differences or my eyes playing tricks on me?
Perpetual sixth grade I think. Christmas has passed 4 times in 9 volumes if I recall correctly. Interesting thing is that new characters (parents, siblings, teachers) get introduced despite the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Speaking of which, did it ever show what happened to their mom?
I've been assuming she's dead, but episode 3 raised the possibility (to me anyway) that she fled when their hunky dad lost his looks.
I don't remember any clues off hand, but I don't recall her even being mentioned by any character.

Edit:
Come to think of it, the chapters probably follow the real life time/seasons they are published in.

Last edited by Decagon; 2011-01-23 at 23:17.
Old 2011-01-23, 23:26   Link #113
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Always good for a couple of great quotes, this show - this week I'll take Shin-chan's "You have a fun life, don't you?" and Youngest's "I don't particularly care for you"...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 02:49   Link #114
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Lots of misunderstandings again here. lol

Shin-chan won't get excited about my nude figure.

and

She's not wearing any!! Hitoha you surprise me.
Old 2011-01-24, 08:20   Link #115
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Really funny episode. Loved it. To bad they wasted half the season to get here
Old 2011-01-24, 18:00   Link #116
Orin GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Lots of misunderstandings again here. lol

Shin-chan won't get excited about my nude figure.

and

She's not wearing any!! Hitoha you surprise me.
Huh? I was under the impression he yelled that out so futaba would stop. Not that she wasnt really wearing any.

Last edited by Orin GA; 2011-01-24 at 19:18.
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 18:05   Link #117
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not according to the translation I saw!
Old 2011-01-24, 19:15   Link #118
Orin GA

The only ones I know out are from CR. Which ones are you reading?
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:39   Link #119
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
The only ones I know out are from CR. Which ones are you reading?
Those. And the CR translation is "She's not wearing any!"
Old 2011-01-25, 01:51   Link #120
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I also liked the last part where Daddy was probably in his late teens in the flasback picture. All her daughters loved him, though now being fat(probably due to stress taking care of 3 wild daughters lol) he's not so loved anymore except for Futaba. Ack!!! She ate his beard! kids really at a young age do alot of gross stuff.

Tags
comedy, shounen