AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-24, 20:26   Link #2061
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Coast USA
Age: 24
wait, did It say she is the main for the chapter or for the rest of FT?
__________________
"Seek no heaven, fear no hell"
"Stand for something or you'll fall for anything"
Obsidiandagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:27   Link #2062
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Well that is beside the point. IIRC nothing in universe stated that Mobile Suits wouldn't be built anymore. Instead Endless Waltz just made it seem like everyone just decided not to do so. Now I don't remember much of the earlier chapters of this but was a treaty made or something or some declaration? Even if Mobile Suits were illegal or something other universes didn't care for treaties and the like. Orb still made Freedom after the nuclear Treaty, Zaft made Destiny, Legend, Strike Freedom and I think Infinite Justice. The Zero System being able to view the past and everything shows us how far technology has advanced yet these grunts look like crap so far. I really hope that they are actually a challenge later on like in 00 season 1. Because if not these battles are just going to be pose offs again.
...Except they did. Disarmament treaty at the end of EW.

And this ain't SEED or 00. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiandagger View Post
wait, did It say she is the main for the chapter or for the rest of FT?
Also wondering this!
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:31   Link #2063
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Orb still made Freedom after the nuclear Treaty, Zaft made Destiny, Legend, Strike Freedom and I think Infinite Justice.
Orb didn't make the Freedom, and the nuclear treaty was after the Freedom and Justice were built. There's conflicting sources as to who built the SF and IJ.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:33   Link #2064
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
And this ain't SEED or 00. :P
Exactly.

It's so hypocritical and at times, stupid, when people bring up the grunts of other universes as if they're so much better than those of AC. They all devolve into morons when they run into the right(or wrong) pilot.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:34   Link #2065
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
It's so hypocritical and at times, stupid, when people bring up the grunts of other universes as if they're so much better than those of AC. They all devolve into morons when they run into the right(or wrong) pilot.
Though you have to admit that the Leos were pretty bad...
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:43   Link #2066
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Though you have to admit that the Leos were pretty bad...
Depending on who was piloting them, yes.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:52   Link #2067
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Depending on who was piloting them, yes.
But unfortunately, they're usually piloted by bad pilots.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:58   Link #2068
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
She's the main for this chapter.

As for the "who said what", allow me to quote the narrator from Endless Waltz:

Quote:
AC197年。人々の元に平和は戻った。そして、その後の歴史の中でガンダムを含むMSという兵器の存在は 二度とその姿を現すことはなかった。
In other words,

Quote:
After Colony 197. Peace has returned to the people. And from this point on in history, weapons called mobile suits, including the Gundams, were never seen again.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 21:11   Link #2069
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
But unfortunately, they're usually piloted by bad pilots.
Those pilots really only looked bad trying to suits that far outclassed theirs though.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 21:12   Link #2070
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Those pilots really only looked bad trying to fight Gundams and Mobile Dolls though.
... which is really the only thing we ever saw them fight.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 21:44   Link #2071
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
... which is really the only thing we ever saw them fight.
Yes, for the most part.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 21:50   Link #2072
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Orb didn't make the Freedom, and the nuclear treaty was after the Freedom and Justice were built. There's conflicting sources as to who built the SF and IJ.
Orb Rebuilt Freedom after the treaty was signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Exactly.

It's so hypocritical and at times, stupid, when people bring up the grunts of other universes as if they're so much better than those of AC. They all devolve into morons when they run into the right(or wrong) pilot.
Did you watch 00 season 1? The grunts were kicking everyone's asses after they got Tau drives. The Thrones had to run away because they were putting too much pressure on them. Tieria and Lockon were nearly killed by them. You can't compare 00 grunts to Seed grunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
She's the main for this chapter.

As for the "who said what", allow me to quote the narrator from Endless Waltz:



In other words,
But the problem is that we don't know why that was said. A treaty? People just agreed against Mobile Suits? What?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 21:55   Link #2073
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Did you watch 00 season 1? The grunts were kicking everyone's asses after they got Tau drives. The Thrones had to run away because they were putting too much pressure on them. Tieria and Lockon were nearly killed by them. You can't compare 00 grunts to Seed grunts.
And then the Gundams got Trans-Am and beat the hell out of the Tau Drive units.

Quote:
But the problem is that we don't know why that was said. A treaty? People just agreed against Mobile Suits? What?
Does it really matter?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:20   Link #2074
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
In regards to the "where was this mentioned" (yet again!). Blind Target states:

Quote:
The CEO of Century Discover has been detained for questioning after a fire in the company's lunar factory exposed the illegal manufacturing of armaments.
So, by this quote here, it's established that there is some kind of law stating they cannot be manufactured/produced/used/etc. Battlefield of Pacifists also says that the ESUN actively polices the suspects of those creating weapons for blackmarket dealings. The manga also mentions an armistice.

Here's something that I'm missing, according to Blind Target:

Quote:
When she (Relena) declares her intentions to run for president, she becomes such an obvious target that Heero will have to act as her bodyguard.
When the hell did she announce this?

I also like how the car crashes and they're blood on the windshield from the driver yet they're both sitting in the back with no seatbelts... hah! (Unless he got capped in the head)
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:24   Link #2075
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Did you watch 00 season 1? The grunts were kicking everyone's asses after they got Tau drives. The Thrones had to run away because they were putting too much pressure on them. Tieria and Lockon were nearly killed by them. You can't compare 00 grunts to Seed grunts.
They're all grunts. Mid-series upgrade by antagonists, followed by the protagonists is common.

When the animators want a grunt to look good, they do it. When trying to show off the skill of a hero or a villain, the grunts look like fools.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:30   Link #2076
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Here's something that I'm missing, according to Blind Target:

When she (Relena) declares her intentions to run for president, she becomes such an obvious target that Heero will have to act as her bodyguard.

When the hell did she announce this?
Huh? I don't remember reading that in Blind Target... Is that the official English version you're reading?

I'll go check my copy again. Which part is it in?

EDIT: NM I found it. The remixes have always been kinda suspect to me, they never cite their information and I'm pretty sure they weren't in the original Japanese editions, were they? I'd ignore, personally. Sometimes they reference things from the novelizations and manga versions of the series (for example their brief mention of Solo in Duo's remix is the only way us in the English-speaking fandom ever caught wind of his existence), was this maybe in one of the novelizations? And Heero ends up as Relena's bodyguard in the end of the EW manga, right? They could be just confusing information/versions of canon...
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:31   Link #2077
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
When the hell did she announce this?

I also like how the car crashes and they're blood on the windshield from the driver yet they're both sitting in the back with no seatbelts... hah! (Unless he got capped in the head)
No idea.

Was that blood? It looked more like cracked glass to me.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 23:06   Link #2078
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
EDIT: NM I found it. The remixes have always been kinda suspect to me, they never cite their information and I'm pretty sure they weren't in the original Japanese editions, were they? I'd ignore, personally. Sometimes they reference things from the novelizations and manga versions of the series (for example their brief mention of Solo in Duo's remix is the only way us in the English-speaking fandom ever caught wind of his existence), was this maybe in one of the novelizations? And Heero ends up as Relena's bodyguard in the end of the EW manga, right? They could be just confusing information/versions of canon...
I just tracked down the Japanese edition on a random manga website. Unfortunately, the scan is far too small to confirm such a thing. :/
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 23:35   Link #2079
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Maybe they're just retconning a few things so that the interquels are related to FT...? Personally, I'd be happy if they are. No, wait, let me think about that again...

Anyway, WTF. The twins looking like the female version of Zechs and male version of Noin is so not creative. Not surprising though, I mean Sumisawa practically made a female version of Quatre so that he can provide for some fans' 3x4 needs.

But wait, isn't she an admirer of Heero Yuy too - I have a feeling that's the popsicle one. Ooh I smell love polygons... ok, jokes, don't shoot, anti-shippers.

BTW thanks for the information, Deacon!
__________________
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 03:19   Link #2080
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
It's so hypocritical and at times, stupid, when people bring up the grunts of other universes as if they're so much better than those of AC. They all devolve into morons when they run into the right(or wrong) pilot.
I thought AC Grunts ware pretty good, though, especially the Mobile Dolls, and what they did in episode 18 just takes the cake.

Quote:
And then the Gundams got Trans-Am and beat the hell out of the Tau Drive units.
I'm pretty sure that has something to do with all GN-X Pilots being the the top Ace pilots of the three world powers. And Sergei and Soma just likes to double team Allelujah.

Quote:
The twins looking like the female version of Zechs and male version of Noin is so not creative. Not surprising though
If this is ever animated, I'm sure we'll have a better opinion of this novel. It's like Unicorn, the art in the novel was pretty decent, but not that good, but when it was animated, the art and animation were amazing, as well as the Original Soundtrack.

I'm still wondering how Quaterine is the main protagonist. Or maybe she's the main antagonist?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.