AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-10-20, 14:08   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Manga Galore?

Ok manga getting popular, isnt it? Yes it is, If your a loyal manga fan you would know that books stotes such as Books a Million, Barnes N Nobel, Walden Books, and any other with any decent collection of manga to buy has gotten quite large. And people buy quite a lot of manga now day.

Now of your entire manga collection, are most of them legal copies or manga scans? Because buying an author work is the best way to help them. And because our world runs on a economic system based on money, which without a source of value "capital" the country can't progress any.

ps: synopsis "support" your favorite author
more ps: I also read manga scans too
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 14:15   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I have more manga in volumes than scanslation, which says a lot because I have at this moment 17.6 Gigs of scanslations. Sometimes I collect both scanslation and the single volume releases because the scanslation groups do a better job, but mostly the scanslations are the recent weekly JUMP magazine stuffs that you can't buy here in the US. Also, ALL my manga are in Chinese published officially in Taiwan, so I don't know any of your English book stores.
Old 2004-10-20, 17:47   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

200+ volumes of legit
about 50 or more of scanslations, but still nowhere close to my legit collection
my favorite author/artist? tough question
i love Oh Great!'s art, but at the same time i like Ken Akamatsu's characterization and comedy (say what you will, I like it and that's what's important to ME)
but for right now, i like Tite Kubo's style
I've said it in a lot of other threads and forums, but: Ichigo's character is THE ideal hero/big brother character, he's strong, dependable, and thinks logically, unlike SO many shounen (jump) anime/manga characters these days (such as Naruto, Luffy (who has his own positive quirks but isn't as big brother-like as Ichigo), Yoh, etc.)
plus he looks damn cool
Old 2004-10-20, 17:59   Link #4
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

I have around 130 issues of Manga, I believe, I haven't counted them. As for scanlations, I'd say about... 250 or so? Virtually all of those are unlicensed though (last I checked, at least), so supporting the author is a bit difficult at the moment. I could of course buy the Japanese issues, but I'd rather spend my money on other licensed series.

The sad thing is that most of the really great series are unlicensed, and probably will continue to be. A lot of people are missing some really great stuff there, and the authors of those series deserve the money more than a lot of those that make it over here do. IMO, at least.
Old 2004-10-20, 21:33   Link #5
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
got about 70+ volumes.
not that much.
for scanlations, only about 20 maximum
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 10:03   Link #6
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
You guys all beat me down to a pulp. I probably only have 30 or less graphic novels, and zero scanlations. Puun...
Old 2004-10-21, 13:11   Link #7
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Ahhhh i see. At least you people have enough sense that manga are nice and supporting the authors are just one thing of another...

Good job peoples....

I guess i got the least manga of the bunch, just 35 manga.... "sigh" ^_^
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote