AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 13 14.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 27.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 18.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 4.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-28, 15:06   Link #61
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Then, Byakushiki definitely didn't do a good job as a machine: If the AI is responding to the pilot needs, it should have a rought approximation when the shield would depletes.
If The SNA was activated upon instinctive activation, it seriously doesn't make it any better to be honest.Except that that SNA swing back in Episode 2 was performed quite at close range. Considering the distance Ichika was covering while attacking, I can't believe he could cut the consumption below 30% of what he originally used.
Why not? Supposedly, the more you fly, the more you and your machine understand each other. So being very rough at first is normal, I guess. (Making his first flight where he supposedly beat an instructor puzzling. Oh, well.)

Quote:
I honestly would have preferred consistent explanations instead of random shield energy numbers thrown at us.
That straight punch at him doesn't look like a "graze" to me. Considering how that drone was giving them hard time, I doubt he could get away with grazes only, especially how he got a direct hit at least once.
Different weapons. Rin's beam's just more powerful than the drone's punch.

Quote:
Rin's IS is melee specialized. I can't believe a melee IS would have a much stronger firepower than Cecilia's being a ranged only machine.
Cecilia's suit is for engaging multiple enemies. (So why doesn't she have experience with team fighting?) Rin's (probably) for fighting one-on-one with a one-hit-one kill philosophy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 15:24   Link #62
ZeKeR
Superbad
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Aye. I think I spelled it wrong, so let me try again... I.

good man... you have an eye for quality...
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 15:25   Link #63
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Saw the sub and liked it alot.


+
Kept me in suspense with action.
Funny end with the harem.
Rin tries kissing him while he's sleeping.

-
i felt that ichika was a bit wimpy.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 15:27   Link #64
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Wow... that... was disappointing. We had our moments and it was fun but most of the time... I simply expected more. I figured the next girl would be in the IS or something. And doesn't his beam saber suck his shield power? How does he have it on the entire time? Bahhh.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 17:45   Link #65
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Wow... that... was disappointing. We had our moments and it was fun but most of the time... I simply expected more. I figured the next girl would be in the IS or something. And doesn't his beam saber suck his shield power? How does he have it on the entire time? Bahhh.
That's only when he performs a certain move with that beam saber does it suck away at his shield power. The ability I think is supposed to take away the other opponent's shield when it comes into impact.

Was quite a decent episode, I like how Rin stays unchanged somewhat, but stays on the cute-side of the Tsundere. 9/10
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 18:41   Link #66
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Mostly Rin vs Ichika battle, suspected that we wouldn't have a winner, but didn't think an unmanned drone would break up the fight. It felt like the drone was after Ichika or maybe i just saw it that way?

So it has an unregistered core. Since Tachibana is the one who made the cores initially i would say she's involved. I think though that maybe she was abducte and forced to make it for a terrorist group or something. A girl in mecha bunny ears cant be evil right...

So Rin almost had a leg-up on the competition. Also officially joins the harem as seen in the ed.

I think Houki was an idiot for going out in the open like that without a suit at least, but she's still alive so oh well. Also thanks to LN readers for clearing up how her and Cecilia made it into the arena.

Chifuyu's blush was absolute win.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 19:05   Link #67
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
By far the worst episode so far, partly due to what appear to be missing novel details leaving gaping plot holes (like how Cecilia and Houki wound up in the arena and how Cecilia suddenly was part of the plan despite getting chewed out moments before. And where did that team of third years disappear to...) and partly because both the first part and the second part of the fight were just lame and full of swiss cheese (oh god, the dialogue). And it took all episode, too I hope this gets better next week or I'll probably end up dropping it.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 19:25   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly odd with Cecilia jumping out there even though she backed off moments earlier. Then Houki just being an idiot walking out and making herself a target. I mean really they were going to get it going and she has to go tell Ichika to man up?

Definitely seems like they are focusing on Ichika being focused completely on one area. Though for a guy who is supposed to focus on close combat really struggles to hit something. Purely lucked out that the enemy decided this one time when Ichika can't attack again that it's going to match up against his attack.

Not a bad duel with him and Rin. The last part helps her get into the harem. Though really Ichika listens to them constantly talking about getting a head start and probably has no clue what's going on. Didn't think he was this dense from the first couple episodes.

Anyways not the best episode, but it does add some outside threat to the situation.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 20:01   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly odd with Cecilia jumping out there even though she backed off moments earlier. Then Houki just being an idiot walking out and making herself a target. I mean really they were going to get it going and she has to go tell Ichika to man up?

Definitely seems like they are focusing on Ichika being focused completely on one area. Though for a guy who is supposed to focus on close combat really struggles to hit something. Purely lucked out that the enemy decided this one time when Ichika can't attack again that it's going to match up against his attack.
The worst of it is that actually tried to increase the distance with Rin. So he could make faces at her?

Quote:
Not a bad duel with him and Rin. The last part helps her get into the harem. Though really Ichika listens to them constantly talking about getting a head start and probably has no clue what's going on. Didn't think he was this dense from the first couple episodes.
I blame the repeated head trauma.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 20:06   Link #70
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: the Netherlands
This was one weird ass episode.
At first I was like, - AWESOME shoot that bastard down Go rin.
And then I was like, -Ichika Dude stop talking your lowering my IQ with every word you say.
When it was over I was like, - What did I just watch.. I thought it was awesome... it was but somehow... HOLY SHIT did Rin just make a move on Ichika hot dang best character thus far... wait... preview.. must be a reverse trap....

Oh and I just found out why the story and direction is so crappy winter anime 2011 just scroll down to why.

Better yet I'll just copy paste the text here.

Title: IS Infinite Stratos
Studio: 8-Bit
Notable Staff: Kikuchi Yasuhito (Director, Macross Frontier), Nanase Hikaru (Music), Shimo Fumihiko (Series Composition, Air, Clannad, Kanon)

Rant: Though this is their first production, 8-Bit has a history of helping out for other big productions. Plus, they have great staff heading this project. What could go wrong? Well, it turned out to be a very cliché harem comedy. There wasn't even a need for any build up and our main lead already has the whole school fawning over him. However, the action sequence at the beginning of the episode shows the influence of Macross Frontier director Kikuchi Yasuhito. I'm still curious about the direction this series could go in, so I guess I'll stick around for at least another episode to find out.


Wow sure is some amazing staff looks promising al right... but wait what do I read here.

"Though this is their first production, 8-Bit has a history of helping out for other big productions."

aah.. first timers.... that's why.. haha hahaha... oh god... 8-bit... I'll remember this....

Last edited by Blue-Ultimate; 2011-01-28 at 20:45.
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 21:17   Link #71
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern California
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that Ichika's "deduction" that the enemy IS was an unmanned drone seemed very specious? He says that the enemy's movements seemed very "mechanical" which sounds dubious to me. Then Rin comments that the enemy is not attacking while they are talking which indicates ?????? She says that it seems like it's interested in listening to them which if anything indicates to me that it's manned rather than unmanned? Why would a robot stop to listen to humans talking? If it's recording it can attack and record at the same time. The only way that makes sense is if it's a person that needs to stop to concentrate on what he or she is hearing.

So at this point we have next to no evidence that the enemy is a drone. In fact, we seem to have some evidence that it isn't a drone. We combine this with the fact that as far as anybody knows, IS suits can only be flown by humans. With all this information Ichika makes the brilliant decision to treat the enemy like a drone and attack with reckless abandon. Sure, it worked out for him, but what if the enemy was a human? Now he, Rin and Cecilia are responsible for killing another person. What then?

I won't go over the other plot issues because those have been covered already. I would like to say that I found the fights very disappointing in that they spent their time simply flying around and spraying lasers rather than any actual clashes. I wanted them to cross swords or do anything to make it feel like a real fight but alas, my prayers were not answered. I'll keep watching just because of how ridiculous the show is and the fact that I find large quantities of ridiculosity entertaining.
__________________
DasDingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 21:48   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that Ichika's "deduction" that the enemy IS was an unmanned drone seemed very specious? He says that the enemy's movements seemed very "mechanical" which sounds dubious to me.
All the more dubious he isn't an experienced IS pilot. What does he know about what moves are natural or not? More to the point, what does he know that anyone on campus doesn't know better?

Quote:
Then Rin comments that the enemy is not attacking while they are talking which indicates ?????? She says that it seems like it's interested in listening to them which if anything indicates to me that it's manned rather than unmanned? Why would a robot stop to listen to humans talking? If it's recording it can attack and record at the same time. The only way that makes sense is if it's a person that needs to stop to concentrate on what he or she is hearing.
Clearly, only a machine would have had the patience to let them prattle on. Anybody else would have shot them just to shut them up.

Quote:
So at this point we have next to no evidence that the enemy is a drone. In fact, we seem to have some evidence that it isn't a drone. We combine this with the fact that as far as anybody knows, IS suits can only be flown by humans.
Only Houki's sister knows anything, and she isn't telling.
Quote:
With all this information Ichika makes the brilliant decision to treat the enemy like a drone and attack with reckless abandon. Sure, it worked out for him, but what if the enemy was a human? Now he, Rin and Cecilia are responsible for killing another person. What then?
At least they're alive to see a counselor.

Quote:
I won't go over the other plot issues because those have been covered already. I would like to say that I found the fights very disappointing in that they spent their time simply flying around and spraying lasers rather than any actual clashes. I wanted them to cross swords or do anything to make it feel like a real fight but alas, my prayers were not answered. I'll keep watching just because of how ridiculous the show is and the fact that I find large quantities of ridiculosity entertaining.
I'm not sure swords are a realistic weapon in aerial fights, though...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 21:52   Link #73
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that Ichika's "deduction" that the enemy IS was an unmanned drone seemed very specious? He says that the enemy's movements seemed very "mechanical" which sounds dubious to me. Then Rin comments that the enemy is not attacking while they are talking which indicates ?????? She says that it seems like it's interested in listening to them which if anything indicates to me that it's manned rather than unmanned? Why would a robot stop to listen to humans talking? If it's recording it can attack and record at the same time. The only way that makes sense is if it's a person that needs to stop to concentrate on what he or she is hearing.

So at this point we have next to no evidence that the enemy is a drone. In fact, we seem to have some evidence that it isn't a drone. We combine this with the fact that as far as anybody knows, IS suits can only be flown by humans. With all this information Ichika makes the brilliant decision to treat the enemy like a drone and attack with reckless abandon. Sure, it worked out for him, but what if the enemy was a human? Now he, Rin and Cecilia are responsible for killing another person. What then?

I won't go over the other plot issues because those have been covered already. I would like to say that I found the fights very disappointing in that they spent their time simply flying around and spraying lasers rather than any actual clashes. I wanted them to cross swords or do anything to make it feel like a real fight but alas, my prayers were not answered. I'll keep watching just because of how ridiculous the show is and the fact that I find large quantities of ridiculosity entertaining.
I was actually thinking it was a drone. There was no response it was just doing watever.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 22:52   Link #74
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
....
I'm not sure swords are a realistic weapon in aerial fights, though...
Well... unless those swords are "energy swords" that can either fire off "energy slashes" when swing, deflect enemy energy bullets/ beams, or actually absorb those energy into your own power.

O wait... that's exactly what Ichika have... LOL...
Some times... swords are better than guns... (especially when you have the skills for it)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 00:20   Link #75
dark998
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 31
Best episode so far. I was thinking the mecha component in the anime should be more prominent and voila, two nice fights that lasted almost the entire episode. The unmanned IS was quite impressive and was also surprising to see how two IS can support each other (Rin "powering up" Ichika).

Next episode already looks very interesting with the introduction of two new characters. I already know everything about the France pilot, but the redhead is a pleasant surprise, never seen her before.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 01:53   Link #76
JleeLink
....yeah
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Great episode and my favourite so far. The battle between Rin and Ichika was quite good though a bit short and seemed pretty uneven. (Ichkia only having a sword while Rin having close and long ranged weapons)

Definitely liked the progression of events with the arrival of the drone IS which looks like it'll make the story a bit more serious with an actual threat. I was getting worried that the whole series would be just a bunch of students doing battles as sport. But now with an actual threat with life and death consequences while fighting, it'll certainly make things more interesting and less light hearted.

Really liked the animation of this episode and it was pretty top notch and in line with the other episodes. I particularly liked the holographic screens and how they are presented and how well they are integrated into the animation. Like when Ichika is moving and they perfectly are in sync and keeps the correct angle in his heads up display.

Anyway looking forward to the next ep again!
JleeLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 04:59   Link #77
neowind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SO CAL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
very good episode.

it seem like they go one episode with story and the next is combat for each one. episode 6 will more than likely have combat in it.

Spoiler for next episode:


can't wait for next Thursday.
Spoiler for answer to quote:
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 05:07   Link #78
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Well... unless those swords are "energy swords" that can either fire off "energy slashes" when swing, deflect enemy energy bullets/ beams, or actually absorb those energy into your own power.

O wait... that's exactly what Ichika have... LOL...
Some times... swords are better than guns... (especially when you have the skills for it)
Yes. In close combat. But I don't think it's easy to get within striking range in air combat without the active cooperation of your opponent.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 06:32   Link #79
Boduar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Jose
Age: 26
Theoretically in an IS fight a ranged combatant with a higher speed spec could just keep range and continue suppressive fire (since they never seem to run out of energy/air/whatever bullets) infinitely. Literally like in a video game you end up just getting kited to death(or a loss) and thats why having only a melee weapon is terrible in 1v1. In a team fight (more likely in non-training matches/tournaments) a melee only user would have their obvious place in being the front man taking majority of the fire while being supported by his/her team providing cover fire/weakening enemy.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 06:43   Link #80
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the fact that Ichika's "deduction" that the enemy IS was an unmanned drone seemed very specious? He says that the enemy's movements seemed very "mechanical" which sounds dubious to me. Then Rin comments that the enemy is not attacking while they are talking which indicates ?????? She says that it seems like it's interested in listening to them which if anything indicates to me that it's manned rather than unmanned? Why would a robot stop to listen to humans talking? If it's recording it can attack and record at the same time. The only way that makes sense is if it's a person that needs to stop to concentrate on what he or she is hearing.

So at this point we have next to no evidence that the enemy is a drone. In fact, we seem to have some evidence that it isn't a drone. We combine this with the fact that as far as anybody knows, IS suits can only be flown by humans. With all this information Ichika makes the brilliant decision to treat the enemy like a drone and attack with reckless abandon. Sure, it worked out for him, but what if the enemy was a human? Now he, Rin and Cecilia are responsible for killing another person. What then?.
If you're actually wondering it's probably because everyone here was Genre Savvy enough to identify it as AI right from the start and didn't care what stupid reasons Ichika gave for believing it was too as long as he got to that point aswell. But yeah, I also felt his reasons were a little circumspect. I just didn't care.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.