AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-27, 00:47   Link #3041
OmniDragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United States
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
But, With Tempa Jo-sai, Does that erase everything? Including SoF? If it consumed him?
Tempai Jousai just summons Alastor after he is summoned then Alastor and SoF will fight. Alastor said only his powers can destroy another god. I wonder if that means that SoF can't kill Alastor?
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 01:53   Link #3042
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Tempai Jousai just summons Alastor after he is summoned then Alastor and SoF will fight. Alastor said only his powers can destroy another god. I wonder if that means that SoF can't kill Alastor?
Past info mentioned that SnH is immune to flames when he fights shana in Yuuji's body ..or probably that's because of Friagne's ring? Still if SnH counts with said immunity that will explain how he'll be able to outlive the explosion of Tempa Jyousai thus rising the need for Alastor to fight him. That will be definetly alastor's Crowning Moment of Awesome xD!
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 02:03   Link #3043
Blutsauger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Australia
Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Oh! In the anime, It was led to believe the Tempa Jo-sai was some kind of unrestricted spell that released Alastor for a while IF the contractor could hold him.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 02:05   Link #3044
OmniDragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United States
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Past info mentioned that SnH is immune to flames when he fights shana in Yuuji's body ..or probably that's because of Friagne's ring? Still if SnH counts with said immunity that will explain how he'll be able to outlive the explosion of Tempa Jyousai thus rising the need for Alastor to fight him. That will be definetly alastor's Crowning Moment of Awesome xD!
Yuji is immune to flames because of the Azure ring, SoF doesn't have that though unless he takes it from Yuji at some point.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 08:07   Link #3045
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Yuji is immune to flames because of the Azure ring, SoF doesn't have that though unless he takes it from Yuji at some point.
I'm sure the ring is nothing against a god's flames. And yes, I don't see why SnH can't kill Alastor. Both are gods so they should be not that far apart powerwise
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 09:16   Link #3046
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Where you least expect me
Age: 20
I don't think it really matters what kind of flame it is. So long as it's flames the Azure ring will protect him. Whether it would protect against something like a volcanic eruption or something like that is another question though.

If they really need to show a whole lot of flashbacks or something surely they could do it with a further set of OVAs or maybe another movie right?
__________________
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"
eyes
"When desperate there are two choices: Lock shields for the last stand or draw your sword for the final charge"
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 10:52   Link #3047
Elf song
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Well, it is Azure that protected Yuji from Alastor's flame in vol1.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 11:17   Link #3048
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
This is aaall speculation...
I ment that when if Alastor fights SnH and either defeats or gets defeated, I think that is gonna guide to the ideal world that Yuji got in mind, maybe closing the entrance from the Crimson World to this one. In that case, as this war actually got every Crimson Lord on it, there would be just hunt down the remaining ones. After that, if Alastor survives it or if he dyes, there would not be a reason to Shana for continue being a Flame Haze. Maybe she would be fired by Alastor (in good way) and live with Yuji, and about him being inmortal, maybe the fact that he sold his existence to SnH means that his torche side actually dissapeared as he did, he may use the remains of SnH being defeated to create himselft a new existence (the end of him being a torche with the Reiji Maigo doesn't seem too "human" to me), in that way, both Shana and Yuji could grow up together, that's the "happy" ending I spect to see. There may be a disgusting ending as Yuji or Shana dying but I dont wanna believe it :P
__________________
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 16:39   Link #3049
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
A Treasure Tool in the form of a ring. Its ability is to nullify the effects of fire, including heat, making it invulnerable to enemies whose main powers are based on flames, which is a common manifestation of a Flame Haze's power. This effect works both ways: it can either be invoked using Power of Existence; or it can respond to the intention of the wearer.
As long as the user can provide Power of Existence towards the ring, it can keep nullifying the effects of any flames or heat that is sent against them. But the ring protected Yuji since the flames were not at full power or were not directly aimed at him. So imagine how much Power of Existence he would have to use just to nullify the effect of a full blown Crimson Lord that can keep the heat going for a long time with a very heavy attack. Reiji Maigo is able to restore it by a certain time, but if the pressure is kept in progress then Yuji will eventually run out and lose. Even with Snake's help, eventually if they don't take the offensive in the fight they will run out of PoE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
This is aaall speculation...
I ment that when if Alastor fights SnH and either defeats or gets defeated, I think that is gonna guide to the ideal world that Yuji got in mind, maybe closing the entrance from the Crimson World to this one. In that case, as this war actually got every Crimson Lord on it, there would be just hunt down the remaining ones. After that, if Alastor survives it or if he dyes, there would not be a reason to Shana for continue being a Flame Haze. Maybe she would be fired by Alastor (in good way) and live with Yuji, and about him being inmortal, maybe the fact that he sold his existence to SnH means that his torche side actually dissapeared as he did, he may use the remains of SnH being defeated to create himselft a new existence (the end of him being a torche with the Reiji Maigo doesn't seem too "human" to me), in that way, both Shana and Yuji could grow up together, that's the "happy" ending I spect to see. There may be a disgusting ending as Yuji or Shana dying but I dont wanna believe it :P
In the recent novels, Snake of the Festival's plans are going quite well, it seems Shana is going to make a stand against him and the Bal-Masque (possibly solo since the other Flame Hazes are devising a plan) but it just seems that way, I cannot actually read the novel itself due to the writing style and my poor knowledge of it so I don't know myself.

But if there was a way to close the way to one world from the other, then Snake would have done that a long time ago when he released his true form and the fact the Bal-Masque are already winning the war by the looks of it. Also there is possibly no way that Yuji can ever become a normal human being since he already did die (even to the extent of using a god's power) But it may be true that once the contract is done, Shana will lose all her powers as a Flame Haze but will not like it of course. Since she was trained all the way through most of her life just to become one, it's become sorta like her life's goal to stay as one to where she might stay with Alastor to the very end to fulfill this goal.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 17:17   Link #3050
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Where you least expect me
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
As long as the user can provide Power of Existence towards the ring, it can keep nullifying the effects of any flames or heat that is sent against them. But the ring protected Yuji since the flames were not at full power or were not directly aimed at him. So imagine how much Power of Existence he would have to use just to nullify the effect of a full blown Crimson Lord that can keep the heat going for a long time with a very heavy attack. Reiji Maigo is able to restore it by a certain time, but if the pressure is kept in progress then Yuji will eventually run out and lose. Even with Snake's help, eventually if they don't take the offensive in the fight they will run out of PoE
I always thought that Azure was a passive Hougu rather than one that had to actively be used, that kinda sucks afer all then, Imagine your house could be on fire and not only would you not know you'd have less chance to survive it than you would if you just normal.
__________________
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"
eyes
"When desperate there are two choices: Lock shields for the last stand or draw your sword for the final charge"
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 17:58   Link #3051
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I always thought that Azure was a passive Hougu rather than one that had to actively be used, that kinda sucks afer all then, Imagine your house could be on fire and not only would you not know you'd have less chance to survive it than you would if you just normal.
That's probably the only weakness towards having it, it can respond to your intentions clearly, or you can self-activate it, but nothing involving being passive in anyway. But since were talking about Yuji's Snake form, he has plenty of other defenses to help himself without the need of the ring.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 20:59   Link #3052
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
In the recent novels, Snake of the Festival's plans are going quite well, it seems Shana is going to make a stand against him and the Bal-Masque (possibly solo since the other Flame Hazes are devising a plan) but it just seems that way, I cannot actually read the novel itself due to the writing style and my poor knowledge of it so I don't know myself.
Actually, it's Shana and Wilhemina vs Yuji and Sydonay when they fought in the most recent novel. This time due to Shana have better teamwork and more time cooperation with Wilhemina the fight isn't one-sided like how Yuji overpowered Shana, Wilhemina and Margery back at the bridge. With Shana being more experienced with the powers of a Flame Haze compared with Yuji's expertise with his own powers (decades at least vs a few months) even if Yuji has the natural counter to Shana's skillset he is still at a disadvantage. Their fight was still pretty even though, even after pulling out all their tricks they had up their sleeves.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 00:01   Link #3053
OmniDragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United States
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Actually, it's Shana and Wilhemina vs Yuji and Sydonay when they fought in the most recent novel. This time due to Shana have better teamwork and more time cooperation with Wilhemina the fight isn't one-sided like how Yuji overpowered Shana, Wilhemina and Margery back at the bridge. With Shana being more experienced with the powers of a Flame Haze compared with Yuji's expertise with his own powers (decades at least vs a few months) even if Yuji has the natural counter to Shana's skillset he is still at a disadvantage. Their fight was still pretty even though, even after pulling out all their tricks they had up their sleeves.
What exactly happened during their fight anyway because at the end of the novel Shana was with Kazumi and Yuji was apparently elsewhere?
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 11:46   Link #3054
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Well, it is Azure that protected Yuji from Alastor's flame in vol1.
He doesn't just burn you...he eats you as well.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 16:37   Link #3055
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Actually, it's Shana and Wilhemina vs Yuji and Sydonay when they fought in the most recent novel. This time due to Shana have better teamwork and more time cooperation with Wilhemina the fight isn't one-sided like how Yuji overpowered Shana, Wilhemina and Margery back at the bridge. With Shana being more experienced with the powers of a Flame Haze compared with Yuji's expertise with his own powers (decades at least vs a few months) even if Yuji has the natural counter to Shana's skillset he is still at a disadvantage. Their fight was still pretty even though, even after pulling out all their tricks they had up their sleeves.
That's true, Shana has received a major power-up ever since escaping captivity. There was also the little fight between the two when Snake's true form was being released, where Shana and Yuji fought for a bit and it looked sorta even. I believe that was the scene where Shana revealed her love for Yuji at last?
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 19:53   Link #3056
Jor_ux
Subete no me
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In Minicon land
Well, i know it`s off topic but:
1. where can i download or buy these novels on english?
2. i have see an image of yuji kind of saving shana, and hecate yelling for some reason. can you explain these to me
thanks
__________________

Even if you can see the thruth, can you accept it?
Jor_ux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 20:07   Link #3057
OmniDragon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United States
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jor_ux View Post
Well, i know it`s off topic but:
1. where can i download or buy these novels on english?
2. i have see an image of yuji kind of saving shana, and hecate yelling for some reason. can you explain these to me
thanks
When Shana's powers were sealed Hecate tried to kill her but Yuji stopped her and saved Shana. Hecate was mad because SoF/Yuji allowed her to live when apparently the plan was to kill Shana.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 20:24   Link #3058
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
But it may be true that once the contract is done, Shana will lose all her powers as a Flame Haze but will not like it of course. Since she was trained all the way through most of her life just to become one, it's become sorta like her life's goal to stay as one to where she might stay with Alastor to the very end to fulfill this goal.
I agree, Shana has trained nearly all her life and dedicated to become a Flame Haze i'm not really sure if she can really accept abandoning the way in life she choosed and for what she has been fighting all this time, so easily. It really depend on the writer i guess, probably he thinks her love for Yuuji is strong enough to accept that, but i like to think that the end will be more than just Shana becoming a normal girl.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 20:42   Link #3059
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
What exactly happened during their fight anyway because at the end of the novel Shana was with Kazumi and Yuji was apparently elsewhere?
Yuji allowed Shana and Wilhemina to get all the way to him and Sydonay, opting instead to direct all the other Denizen forces to handle the Four Gods of the Motherland. Yuji made his own Unrestricted Spells to try and fight against Shana, and he can use black flames as well as his own Silver ones better now. Shana tried to break down SoF's master plan by reverse-engineering the spell SoF is going to create a new world and input a shard that will destroy the entire project, but the attack was blocked by Yuji. What came after that is basically a 2v2 where both sides revealing their trump cards one after another, and both sides are surprised at the kind of measures each other managed to thought up.
At the end Kazumi called out to Shana for help, and Yuji realised he focused too much on fighting Shana and neglected to putting a guard for Kazumi. Shana broke Kazumi's binds without knowing what Kazumi is planning, thinking of just freeing her friend - and then the novel ends by Kazumi activating the artefact Pheles gave her, thinking to sacrifice herself for the two of them.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 22:01   Link #3060
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Yuji allowed Shana and Wilhemina to get all the way to him and Sydonay, opting instead to direct all the other Denizen forces to handle the Four Gods of the Motherland. Yuji made his own Unrestricted Spells to try and fight against Shana, and he can use black flames as well as his own Silver ones better now. Shana tried to break down SoF's master plan by reverse-engineering the spell SoF is going to create a new world and input a shard that will destroy the entire project, but the attack was blocked by Yuji. What came after that is basically a 2v2 where both sides revealing their trump cards one after another, and both sides are surprised at the kind of measures each other managed to thought up.
At the end Kazumi called out to Shana for help, and Yuji realised he focused too much on fighting Shana and neglected to putting a guard for Kazumi. Shana broke Kazumi's binds without knowing what Kazumi is planning, thinking of just freeing her friend - and then the novel ends by Kazumi activating the artefact Pheles gave her, thinking to sacrifice herself for the two of them.
I had a feeling Kazumi was eventually going to use that artifact that Pheles gave her, there would have been no point in even showing us that Pheles gave Kazumi the ability to summon her if she wasn't ever gonna use it at all. But I sorta feel bad if Kazumi really does sacrifice herself, even though the majority of SnS fans hate her, she actually was good in the end. (That's if she dies or not)
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-28 at 22:14.
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.