AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-28, 23:49   Link #21
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
First Preview picture of the anime
Spoiler for Size:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 00:02   Link #22
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
First Preview picture of the anime
Spoiler for Size:
A1 doing Gainax character designs. Nice.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 00:41   Link #23
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I hope they have the Jupiter guys in there somehow XD Would make my day LOL
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 02:46   Link #24
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
^ Yeah, them and the others from Dearly Stars.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 05:36   Link #25
M.Marangio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
The official site went online today: http://www.idolmaster-anime.jp/
The countdown pics and messages can be found here, if you missed them: http://www.idolmaster-anime.jp/special/index.html

See also the webradio channel with Eriko Nakamura (Haruka) and Asami Imai (Chihaya): http://hibiki-radio.jp/description/idolmaster
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 01:26   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
As always, trust Kaoshin to make inflammatory comments on subjects matters he has no knowledge of.

It would be equally an abomination to borrow an established mecha anime in name only and turn it into something totally different. Something such as the Toei Mecha Girl project perhaps? The moe crowd will lap it up and would probably claim it is "more interesting" than the original mecha shows they were based on (come'on if you ever watched the original GaiKing I challenge you to say that it was actually an interesting super robot show compared with the other classics). But given that these shows are parodies they can still get away with it. Xenoglossia is really just at a completely different level of alteration. All the fans asked was that if the company is going to do a totally different show, then do it properly and not borrow an establish name, otherwise it reeks of no confidence in the show that they are producing in that they had to borrow a name to do bait-and-switch marketing. That's why people criticize it.

And to be honest we really haven't had a true non-magical "idol" anime since, I dunno, Love Doll 4 years ago? If you just lump everything into a big "moe idol" blanket then yeah, we've probably have a few of those recently (I'm sure you are thinking K-On, considering your history of a crusade of sorts against KyoAni, but really it doesn't take 2 brain cells to see that imas and K-On shares no similarities except they both have girls singing), but Idolmaster as a pure "girls wanting to be top idol" with no magic/sci-fi/fantasy spin kind of story with no ero/romance is a pretty rare story line (otherwise I suppose White Album and Macross would count ).

As for cutesy songs, imas song variety is really diverse and has half the casts that are highly skilled singers, not just moe/high pitched singers that sings denpa/moe songs. Any songs by Chihaya, Azusa, Makoto, Takane and Hibiki are almost guaranteed to NOT be cutesy songs. Go listen to "Aoi Tori", "Arcadia" by Chihaya (Imai Asami), "Tonari ni" by Azusa (Takahashi Chiaki), "Agent yoru wo yuku" Makoto (Hirada Hiromi), "Next Life" by Hibiki (Numakura Manami) and see for youself. Then there's classics like "relations", "Overmaster", "Me ga au toki", "9:02pm", "massugu", "inferno", "my song" etc, there are so many good non-cutesy songs from Idolmaster that brushing it off as "cutesy" is just plain ignorance and shows that you have no objectivity.
Are you done?

Anyway it's still your turn now so you'll hopefully get all those things you'd want out of an iDOLM@STER adaptation. However, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't have personally preferred a sequel to Xenoglossia. Also I've "played" iDOLM@STER, I actually have a copy for 360 lying around and I have to say it's pretty damn cutesy and not much of a game or even very interesting by my standards. However the fans of it certainly deserve to be served with a more faithful adaptation that carries into the anime what brought fans to the game in the first place.....whatever that is.

As for why we haven't had many idol animes before if I had to hazard a guess it's because (Warning: Time to get inflammatory I guess...though how much more inflammatory than people taking shots at Xenoglossia remains to be seen) the ones so far have been pretty terrible. The one that sticks out most in my memory is the Lemon Angel Project where they got gravure idol Ryo Shihono (who has no experience acting whatsoever) to do a voice. I've yet to read a review that wasn't particularly scathing of that performance. Then of course there was Lovely Idol which was also pretty panned across the board....in fact the only idol themed show I can recall that was generally well-received off the top of my head was Full Moon O Sagashite. If they can work that series charm with an iDOLM@STER adaptation they might have my interest yet (though I don't see how that's going to work with a straight up adaptation), but whose to say they don't just play cash-in with the video game fans and put out something incredibly safe and forgettable.

I guess my point is that people are quick to vilify the efforts of the iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia crew in being creative and retooling the license into something else by calling "cash-in" while there's arguably equal chance of this adaptation played straight being little more than a cash-in that only fans of the game are going to care about. People are free to see it there way of course, but the way it comes across to me is a little sketchy and presumptuous.

P.S: Believe it or not I'm not nearly so possessive of mecha anime that I would find fault with a company for retooling a license to attempt to target it at a different audience that otherwise wouldn't be interested in what was being offered. In fact I've seen it happen many many times already (for example when this happened I took it in stride) and was perfectly fine living with it since they're still making shows I like all the time anyway. Maybe that makes me a terrible fan, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
So it's got nothing to do with the actual quality of the show itself? I guess I can kind of understand your reasons, but it's a shame really. It's lovely when you come into it with a blank slate, so to speak. It's certainly one of my personal favorites.
Hahahahaha! Of course not, it doesn't work that way in these cases. It's all about being as arbitrary and bitter as possible.

Seriously though, don't feel guilty for wishing for a Xenoglossia sequel. I actually find it quite interesting to see someone who was made aware of the whole iDOLM@STER thing not by the games but by Xenoglossia. Obviously they did something right with that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
and there is nothing wrong with that.
I was actually being sarcastic lol.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-01-31 at 01:53.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 06:32   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
All I want to know :

Will producer-san be in the anime?
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 11:29   Link #28
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Will the Producer be the grandson of the owner of 765 studios just like the Idolmaster Break manga?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 14:45   Link #29
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
All I want to know :

Will producer-san be in the anime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Will the Producer be the grandson of the owner of 765 studios just like the Idolmaster Break manga?
Ritsuko is most likely going to be the placeholder of Producer.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 16:48   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
All I want to know :

Will producer-san be in the anime?
If "Producer-san" is an allegory for the player than perhaps not. I see only female voice actors listed for this on ANN so far so I'm tempted to think it's probably one of those shows. You know, the one where male characters just flat out don't exist because they'd get in the way of any fantasy the fans of a particular character(s) might have surrounding them.

Considering how much some of the hardcore fans of the franchise in Japan freaked the hell out over the announcement of Jupiter and how possessive they seem of said franchise that would probably be a good idea sales wise.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 03:38   Link #31
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
I have a hard time imagining an iM@S anime faithful to the source that won't have the Producer in it, since the very premise of the game is that the girl's rise to fame is based on the Producer's actions. I can imagine them doing something like the Idolm@ster Break manga, which makes the Producer an actual character in the form of Takagi Yuutaro. Suddenly I wonder if this iM@S anime will be something of an Idolm@ster Break adaptation...
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 14:07   Link #32
dark998
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 30
I enjoyed Xenoglossia quite a bit back then, but I can understand why fans of the game didn't like it.

Anyway, an adaptation following the original concept was required. Looking forward to this new project.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 15:16   Link #33
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I have a hard time imagining an iM@S anime faithful to the source that won't have the Producer in it, since the very premise of the game is that the girl's rise to fame is based on the Producer's actions. I can imagine them doing something like the Idolm@ster Break manga, which makes the Producer an actual character in the form of Takagi Yuutaro. Suddenly I wonder if this iM@S anime will be something of an Idolm@ster Break adaptation...
I highly doubt it since the producer bit can be handled by Ritsuko.

And Jupiter's appearance wasn't the reason why fans are furious, it was because of the fact to make room for them, they made several idols NPCs only.
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 14:57   Link #34
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
First Preview picture of the anime
Spoiler for Size:
Pardon the stupid question, but this is not a mecha anime right? Not that I mean anything by it, just confused as I recall another anime with a similar name.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:43   Link #35
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I have a hard time imagining an iM@S anime faithful to the source that won't have the Producer in it, since the very premise of the game is that the girl's rise to fame is based on the Producer's actions. I can imagine them doing something like the Idolm@ster Break manga, which makes the Producer an actual character in the form of Takagi Yuutaro. Suddenly I wonder if this iM@S anime will be something of an Idolm@ster Break adaptation...
The chances of it being a Break adaptation is infinitely small since Break is based on the SP universe, while the anime is setup to look like it is based on the IM@S2 universe. Even though all the games share the same characters and settings, they don't actually all take place in the same universe/time line. IM@S2 is not a canon sequel to any of the games or manga before it, and neither are any of the manga related to the games - they are all their own unique interpretations of the universe. It's kind of confusing, but that's how the franchise works.

Also a lot of hints suggests that this anime is going to be a prequel of sorts that take place before the IM@S2 game, in which the setting is that they didn't have a producer which was the reason that Ritsuko became one (that and she always wanted to be a producer, trying out as an idol was a means to the end).

None of the IM@S manga did particularly well since it was a well known fact that people only bought the manga for the tie in CDs, in fact BREAK was pretty hated for the naive and happy-go-lucky young producer which most of the fans cannot associate with (the unpopularity is also why the manga is ending next issue!), so if they learned their lesson it would NOT be a BREAK adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
And Jupiter's appearance wasn't the reason why fans are furious, it was because of the fact to make room for them, they made several idols NPCs only.
Which I must add was pure speculation. People have rightfully counted by pointing out that the 360 game were quite small in data size (somewhere along the 2G-3G size IIRC, but either way well within a D9 DVD), so game size was definitely not a factor in that they had to "make room", especially that the Juipter team are also not going to be producible, so it can't be that 3 NPCs have such an impact on the game design and storage space that they need to take out 4 playable characters.

A more credible theory is that people were suspicious that NGBI might have deliberately gimped the 360 version and plans to release a "complete PS3 version" aka Tales of Vespera/Tales of Grace later down the line, this actually makes more sense considering NGBI's recent track records. 360 owners would particularly feel cheated as they would have to invest in another game machine and/or re-purchase all the DLCs etc.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako

Last edited by houkoholic; 2011-02-02 at 23:56.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:32   Link #36
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
As for why we haven't had many idol animes before if I had to hazard a guess it's because (Warning: Time to get inflammatory I guess...though how much more inflammatory than people taking shots at Xenoglossia remains to be seen) the ones so far have been pretty terrible.
So now you acknowledges that we don't get many idol shows then why make it out to look like IM@S as another uninspired show in a supposedly saturated genre that only exists in your mind? Sure there's been a lot of moe shows featuring girls singing, but there isn't one that had it being the sole focus recently and that's preciously the point.

Quote:
I guess my point is that people are quick to vilify the efforts of the iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia crew in being creative and retooling the license into something else by calling "cash-in" while there's arguably equal chance of this adaptation played straight being little more than a cash-in that only fans of the game are going to care about. People are free to see it there way of course, but the way it comes across to me is a little sketchy and presumptuous.
Well you don't have a point to stand on. The show was quite mediocre and was trying hard to ride the hotblood/cute girls MaiHime formula which Sunrise themselves started while waiting for MaiOtome to come into fruition, and even at that it didn't live up to the premise. Production value was bland after the high profile MaiHime, money was spend all on the hot idol seiyuu in yet another attempt to repeat the same formula that made MaiHime successful. The creativity you claim doesn't exists in Xenoglossia because they merely pasted faces from IM@S without taking anything else from the IM@S universe, onto a fairly generic Sunrise robot show which would have been decently entertaining to some mecha fans but probably would pass by completely without flair if not for the IM@S controversy. I think fans would be a little bit more accepting if they at least kept the personalities of the characters the same! There was nothing in the show that justified the using of the IM@S name except for a poor attempt at bait-hook marketing. You really have very little ground to argue here that it is the IM@S fans being quick to vilify.

Quote:
Maybe that makes me a terrible fan, I don't know.

Hahahahaha! Of course not, it doesn't work that way in these cases. It's all about being as arbitrary and bitter as possible.
No it only makes seeing you appear in these threads extremely irritating and tiresome because, as easily predicted, you would latch on to moe shows like you are on a holy crusade or something. And look who's trying to call others being arbitrary and bitter.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako

Last edited by houkoholic; 2011-02-02 at 23:50.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:21   Link #37
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
So now you acknowledges that we don't get many idol shows then why make it out to look like IM@S as another uninspired show in a supposedly saturated genre that only exists in your mind? Sure there's been a lot of moe shows featuring girls singing, but there isn't one that had it being the sole focus recently and that's preciously the point.



Well you don't have a point to stand on. The show was quite mediocre and was trying hard to ride the hotblood/cute girls MaiHime formula which Sunrise themselves started while waiting for MaiOtome to come into fruition, and even at that it didn't live up to the premise. Production value was bland after the high profile MaiHime, money was spend all on the hot idol seiyuu in yet another attempt to repeat the same formula that made MaiHime successful. The creativity you claim doesn't exists in Xenoglossia because they merely pasted faces from IM@S without taking anything else from the IM@S universe, onto a fairly generic Sunrise robot show which would have been decently entertaining to some mecha fans but probably would pass by completely without flair if not for the IM@S controversy. I think fans would be a little bit more accepting if they at least kept the personalities of the characters the same! There was nothing in the show that justified the using of the IM@S name except for a poor attempt at bait-hook marketing. You really have very little ground to argue here that it is the IM@S fans being quick to vilify.



No it only makes seeing you appear in these threads extremely irritating and tiresome because, as easily predicted, you would latch on to moe shows like you are on a holy crusade or something. And look who's trying to call others being arbitrary and bitter.
So wait who is the one piling hate on here? Cause I don't think it's me.

I sense some sort of longstanding grudge here that I'm not sure I'm willing to entertain for much longer. As far as I can tell I'm the one being vilified here for having a stance different from most people in saying that I'd prefer a Xenoglossia sequel to a straight up iDOLM@STER because I personally feel that a straight up iDOLM@STER will probably be boring to a person of my tastes and preferences. Maybe you should find some way to deal with this....I don't know. Like I said, you're coming across as incredibly possessive not only of the iDOLM@STER concept but as of now this thread, and that to me seems to be the source of all problems we are faced with at the moment. Do you see me arguing with anyone else in this thread or vice versa? There's no cry for help going out here so I'd suggest chilling out.

Also you ought to take the time you use chilling out to realize how this whole arguing points things work. Saying I don't have any firm ground to stand on and supporting it with what is basically your own observation on the Xenoglossia matter doesn't really cut it. I'm perfectly willing to accept your wanting to see the situation with iDOLM@STER's anime adaptation history your own way, however I'd kind of expect you to do the same in return. If that's not possible I don't think we have much left to say to each other here.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-02-03 at 07:43.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 20:25   Link #38
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Pardon the stupid question, but this is not a mecha anime right? Not that I mean anything by it, just confused as I recall another anime with a similar name.
Xenoglossia? No this is a pure idol anime with the original VAs reprising their roles. No Producer though. Ritsuko's got that covered.

Also, Megami Pinup, I can assume the next couple of months will feature the other girls

Spoiler for Pinup:
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 05:44   Link #39
M.Marangio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Short TV spot:
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 11:51   Link #40
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Short. But when will the actual animation come out?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.