AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-23, 11:34   Link #81
Otsdarva
Cadenza
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Was this scrapped? Just asking since this hasn't seen any life for the past couple of days.
Otsdarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 11:44   Link #82
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 24
1500 words sounds fine, trough I think we need to have different limits set for stories and songs etc. Also maybe a 2000 words would be even better

The only problem I see is that there will not be enough people to participate in contest. Or some will leave after a couple of months, similar thing happened to the 'Naruto create your character' thread.
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 13:29   Link #83
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Not scrapped - of course not.

It's just that we'd start in February, so I'm giving it a little more time before posting it; people will be able to start writing early, and we can't be having that! XD
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 14:38   Link #84
Otsdarva
Cadenza
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Not scrapped - of course not.

It's just that we'd start in February, so I'm giving it a little more time before posting it; people will be able to start writing early, and we can't be having that! XD
Waiting for it to start up is good and all, but you should work out the kinks and tweak it so when February does hit you don't have to postpone it. I really have to raise my protest against this idleness, as it isn't very resourceful or practical.

We don't have to start early if we finish it early, that'd be as bad as waiting for February to hit before seriously looking into this.
Otsdarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 14:48   Link #85
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsdarva View Post
Waiting for it to start up is good and all, but you should work out the kinks and tweak it so when February does hit you don't have to postpone it. I really have to raise my protest against this idleness, as it isn't very resourceful or practical.

We don't have to start early if we finish it early, that'd be as bad as waiting for February to hit before seriously looking into this.
Well I think we should start whenever papermario, its fearless leader, says so. I think he can settle the finer details and then post it when he's ready, and then we can work out kinks and tweak things as they crop up. It's not like we'd have to postpone it.

It's not that it's not we're not serious about it, and whatever "idleness" there is, I think it's probably just people haven't had anything to input.

...the words aren't coming out right so I think I'll just leave it at that...
__________________
Suomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 17:31   Link #86
Otsdarva
Cadenza
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Well I think we should start whenever papermario, its fearless leader, says so.
Which is endgame, and if it's postponed for another month I can imagine people losing motivation to participate.

Quote:
I think he can settle the finer details and then post it when he's ready
He did already, but they lacked a sense of directiona nd needed worked out.

Quote:
and then we can work out kinks and tweak things as they crop up
This is subjective, but I find that approach a bit lacking.

Quote:
It's not that it's not we're not serious about it, and whatever "idleness" there is, I think it's probably just people haven't had anything to input.
I've given all the input I can give, besides this tid bit.

Quote:
...the words aren't coming out right so I think I'll just leave it at that...
So far so good. Don't worry, I know what you mean. Even if it starts at the very ending of January or February, it still needs to be sorted out by the moderators and site staff too. (I really appreciate Danielle E. for this) and it should be decided upon whether users or site staff will be the ones to make the thread, as well as choose the rules/regulations and first theme.

Also, the current rules needs to be outlined by Paper so it'll be easier for a moderator to give support.

There is a whole lot to do, and none of it is going away by waiting for the eleventh hour to hit. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but still there is still plenty to go over.
Otsdarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 20:14   Link #87
Suomi
Kaiba
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: David Tennant's bedroom in the TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsdarva View Post
Which is endgame, and if it's postponed for another month I can imagine people losing motivation to participate.
no, I don't think it's going to be postponed. and I don't think motivation is going to only happen if we get it done nownownow.
Quote:
He did already, but they lacked a sense of directiona nd needed worked out.
well how do we know he's not working on them now??? Not everything has to be posted here in the thread.


Quote:
So far so good. Don't worry, I know what you mean. Even if it starts at the very ending of January or February, it still needs to be sorted out by the moderators and site staff too. (I really appreciate Danielle E. for this) and it should be decided upon whether users or site staff will be the ones to make the thread, as well as choose the rules/regulations and first theme.
I think Papermario and the staff can sort that out, and they will. Have faith.
Quote:
Also, the current rules needs to be outlined by Paper so it'll be easier for a moderator to give support.
He's probably still editing and tweaking them right now; and also, he has a life outside of here, so he's probably busy with that too.

Quote:
There is a whole lot to do, and none of it is going away by waiting for the eleventh hour to hit. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but still there is still plenty to go over.
Iirc, papermario said "wait to start the contest til february" not "i'm going to sit idle and do nothing to work on it until then". Of course there's more, but that doesn't mean he's not working on it.
__________________
Suomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 21:58   Link #88
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Sorry 'bout the lack of posts 'round here lately, folks. ^^

I AM planning to start this in February, so fear not on that regard! As for details, I'm working out the final parts and will probably ask one AS site staff member for assistance (the basic overview and whatnot).

Looking forward to this in February!
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 10:56   Link #89
shelter
Every word must conjure
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: City of No Yesterdays
Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Looking forward to this in February!
Just picked up on this. You probably don't need someone else to tell you that this is a good idea. But I'm looking forward to it too.

Will try and rally some support for this among the individual fandom writers' groups.
__________________
shelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 23:28   Link #90
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Well everyone, the threads are up in the Fan Creations forum. A little bit early but I wanted to make sure it would start in February.

Thanks for all of your suggestions
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.