AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-02, 04:31   Link #21901
alviam099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
No he has been saying Shkanon ever since he first got here so why did he bother wondering about Yasu imagining Shkanon ?
__________________

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 04:40   Link #21902
unsuspectingvisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
The Cousin's room is the one that's a perfect closed room. The next room over is the room where the seal on the window is unconfirmed, and people can leave.
i didn't notice that.
so thats it...thats the answer to battler's closed room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
You've been saying about this Shkanon stuff here and there so why did you wonder about Shannon being Yasu ?? I can't really understand your way of thinking

This is rather weird ..
why do you want to understand my way of thinking im not that important member of this forum you know.

maybe my reason is to confirm something.
unsuspectingvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 04:48   Link #21903
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
why do you want to understand my way of thinking im not that important member of this forum you know.

maybe my reason is to confirm something.
It's incredibly difficult to have a conversation with you if we have no idea what your ideas are or what you're trying to say. It's a bit selfish to imply that you're just sitting here wanting to soak up all the answers you can without contributing anything back.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 05:04   Link #21904
unsuspectingvisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
It's incredibly difficult to have a conversation with you if we have no idea what your ideas are or what you're trying to say. It's a bit selfish to imply that you're just sitting here wanting to soak up all the answers you can without contributing anything back.
uk..wow you completely see right through me,thats right im here know what answer you guys came up with just to confirm mine.but i end up abandoning my own answer and change to something else.sorry i really don't have anything to contribute since i got the wrong answer from the start.

i'll be going then thanks you let me reach the truth.this will be my last post in this topic for now,i'll come back after ep8 is translated.

Last edited by unsuspectingvisitor; 2011-02-02 at 05:26.
unsuspectingvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 05:28   Link #21905
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
*Facepalm*
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 05:39   Link #21906
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 13th Hierarchical City Kagutsuchi
I don't think he's ever mentioned Shkanon theory and regardless, this is what he was arguing earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post
not shannon its yasu.in ep7 i think yasu created a kanon persona for shannon because of battler and yasu also created a beatrice persona for maria.so she have 2 different persona.

anyways,shannon is a real person not a persona so thats why she leave a corpse after she's killed.
Silly argument about what this guy said, end please.
__________________
...and so as i pray, unlimited speculation works!
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 11:34   Link #21907
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Fiction is the "key," I think. The idea that perspectives need not necessarily be "truth or a lie or a gloss on something that really happened," but the possibility that a perspective can hold truth value while being entirely fictionalized and not representative of actual facts.

Things like Shkanon or the advancement of a particular culprit all fall under this umbrella. Shkanon is, at its heart, basically a constructed fiction meant to demonstrate something without actually showing it. Likewise, "Kyrie and Rudolf did it" can just as easily be interpreted as "the truth would hurt you deeply if you knew it." It allows the games to be approached holistically, which appears to be the part that matters in the end.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 14:24   Link #21908
PsychoShion
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 39
i agree with this ^^^^^ what Renall said


Also, When i knew that the Maria-Holic Voice Actor played Kanon i had no desire to even consider he had anything with the plot. I thought that if someone had a real connection to the plot it would be anyone besides Kanon ..in a literal sense., even, Shannon i never thought R7 would do another Mion-Shion thing....so i always was on other therories..knwoing i might be missing something but to me it was like geroge he he possible could have a hundred therorys based on him but he was such a boring chracater ui refused to waste my time on him knowingly full well if i was wrong that would be a big boo woo, i d rather be wrong on the plot answer than consider a really dumbass character has anything to do with it. Ill have 99 percent more fun coming up with crack therories than coming up with a 100 percent right george or kanon theory LOL its like if you say JFK was really assassinated by peter jennings, even if true would be so boring i just wouldnt care LOL

mystery wise its unsolvable as is as Bern has trolled so much

fantasy wise this makes much more sense, with how only Beatrice can exist if battler does and there is plenty of ways to come up with lots of cool answers

he could have pulled of a fantasy story that does have a mystery solvable answer....

If there is a Rei OR other SEries im sure it will be more of the Bernkastel and Lambadelta etc, because the things that connect these series are the CONCEPT not the actual Kakeras (or the ones that can travel between them like rika and hanyuu in higurashi and Bern and lamba, featherinne in Umineko) of possible outcomes, and i hope Bern continues to be our HOST to these games.

Actually as long as i know Bern is around i 'll know no matter how the end of the "mystery " ends, i ll know the next round will be entertaining and i can say that Umineko was entertaining as hell with all the characters and all of it. In spite of what anyone thinks it was entertaining fiction to read and made my imagination run wild.

I loved how many things i came up with for every part of each story, whether they turned out right or will eventually or not, but it was just a amazing ride......1-4 was great and 5 with Erika was just awesome..

R7 as long as he brings more cool plots and characters execpt george i kept imagining Shiki' Ryogi's friend in "kara no kyoukai " and kanon just beyond dulll but then again that kinda was the point, so i do understand LOL liked pretty much all of the characters in higurashi and Umineko, my favs were Shion, Bern , Lamda, Beatrice, and Eva, rosa, maria and jess she reminded me of shion in a way,

I like how he is like Carr in the fact he seems to prefer smart ,attractive, devious women as his villians (if kyrie really is his culprit) so far LOL . Or how he had me rooting for maria to actually have played a bigger part in the crime....(still think she did)

I loved how in kara no kyoukai your rooting for Shiki RYOUGI till the 7th movie... and even the then you dont know if she is the cuklprit or not, thta how maria and jessica were fro me if they were the villains or not i would have been rooting for them the whole time i still hink they would hav emade the best tagteam....

just for fun was anyone else's first theory that Krauss blew up the island for insurance money, that what i thought after arc 1 LOL.
__________________
PsychoShion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 14:49   Link #21909
Leafsnail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
It's actually kindof the opposite of the Mion/ Shion thing. In the same way that the Kinzo thing is kindof the opposite of the Miyo thing.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 17:06   Link #21910
Mikachiru
test
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
Smion was about two people who could act like one another (correct me if I'm wrong because I've only watched the most of the animu version and read on wikipedia) and the Shkanon was about one person acting as two different people. Pretty similar. Next WTC will have yet another twin thing going on... XD

Really wished Kanon had more development... :<
__________________
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 17:45   Link #21911
Leafsnail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Well, two people pretending to be the same person, their personalities merging into one. One person pretending to be two people, their personality splitting into two.

(obviously an oversimplification)

Just seems like one of those "ironic opposite" things ("Her body was burned to hide the fact that she was still alive. His body was burned to hide the fact that he was long dead").
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:09   Link #21912
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Okay you guys, best theory of all time.

Ange is the culprit.

Yes, you read me right. Ange. You see, everyone's always been an asshole to Ange. Eva treats her like a snivelling brat, the cousins forget her, her mother was just using her to get control of Rudolf, and Maria stopped being friends with her after their fight. The only person who was ever nice to her was Battler, and because of his sin (forgetting Beatrice, causing the cascade of events that caused him not to come for six years), Ange grew up without her brother.

She had to kill them all for the suffering she went through. Also she's kind of a petulant and evil brat.

She faked being sick, and then stowed away in the back of the boat, then skittered around the island doing the murders and/or Bomba. Shkanon is indeed actually necessary to the plot in order to cover up the number count. It's a troll.

So she kills everyone. She is infact the one who sent out the first two message bottles, forging Yasu's handwriting and set the bitch up (This is why Meta-Beatrice is both suicidal and wanting to hide the truth; she's a personification of this fictional martyrdom of Yasu, but she wants the truth to get to Battler).

It was infact ANGE who hijacked Beatrice's innocent game, so no one figured out the horrible truth in the script until it was too late. Eva managed to escape, knowing the horrid truth. Yasu killed herself, since her game allowed this opportunity and she felt at fault. Battler and Ange actually hilariously collided on the way out and both of them drifted to different shores with amnesia of varying degrees.

Eva, knowing the truth, found and raised Ange, and realizing that the girl was amnesiac and retained her sweet personality prior to becoming embittered, and seeing that she fabricated fond and warm memories of her family, decided not to tell her the truth, and raise her lovingly. But because this is the little girl who killed her precious family, resentment and hatred slipped out. Eva is a tremendously strong woman for being as genuinely loving as she was.

Ange grew up never realizing the truth, and always yearning for her dear brother, who rises above all the other victims in her heart for some reason she can't seem to figure out despite their limited interaction. She entertains fantasies of magic, and even gains the title of "Beatrice"....why is that?

And why...WHY, does she comment that "she did something terrible to Maria, and somehow I feel that it played a role in that tragedy"?

If Maria had been her friend still...the tragedy would not have come to pass.

Why can Ange, someone who wasn't on Rokkenjima, travel to 1986's Meta World?

She was there.

Why does Bern keep torturing Ange disproportionately?

Because she deserves it. It wasn't a witch who spoiled Ange's relationship with Eva, it was her own subconscious, personified as the heartless monster that dresses up as a character from Onii-chan's favorite novel. It's the same reason Ange can see and interact with Erika in 1998, and why Bern/Erika keep "taking Ange's side" in a sense.

It's why Battler decided the catbox should be closed, and Ange should move on with her life.

It's the truth so terrible that Ange rejects it at the very end, then decides to fake her death.

It's why Ange, prior to Battler getting through to her, decided that she could trade her life if she knew the truth.

Ange fucking did it, and her entire personal journey was her trying to reclaim that memory, not knowing it would destroy her. Battler only wished to spare her little sister. Just as Toya felt that the memories of Battler would destroy him, Battler felt the memories would destroy the good-hearted Ange.

Fuck yeah, I solved Umineko and all it's problems.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531

Last edited by AuraTwilight; 2011-02-02 at 22:23.
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:14   Link #21913
Rua
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Okay you guys, best theory of all time.

Ange is the culprit.

-snip-
I'm normally a lurker, but can I just say that from this moment on, I will fool myself into believing that this is the truth? It's just too awesome for words.
Rua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:19   Link #21914
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA, USA
Age: 20
I agree... I love this theory more than you could know. It really gives meaning to otherwise meaningless things... I hope an Umineko Rei plays on this theory, it would be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post

Ange, knowing the truth, found and raised Ange
But that's about the only thing that confuses me. Perhaps my EP8 knowledge lacks, care to explain?

Edit; Oh, that makes sense, never mind.

Okay, now reality hits me... are you saying a six year old girl killed everyone?

But, this could really explain Erika quite well.
__________________

Last edited by Revelation; 2011-02-02 at 22:39.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:22   Link #21915
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 13th Hierarchical City Kagutsuchi
Think the first Ange is supposed to be Eva.

And Shkanon actually being necessary in the plot? Madness!
__________________
...and so as i pray, unlimited speculation works!
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:23   Link #21916
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Typo. Fixing.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:15   Link #21917
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
Okay, now reality hits me... are you saying a six year old girl killed everyone?
Hey, can't prove she didn't.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:32   Link #21918
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Okay, now reality hits me... are you saying a six year old girl killed everyone?
No one expects her to be there, and everyone is supposed to play dead for Yasu's game. She just has to go in and shoot people up and/or shank them in the back while they're lying face down or whatever the fuck.

Also evil kids are always genius kids. It's like a law.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:51   Link #21919
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CA, USA
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
No one expects her to be there, and everyone is supposed to play dead for Yasu's game. She just has to go in and shoot people up and/or shank them in the back while they're lying face down or whatever the fuck.

Also evil kids are always genius kids. It's like a law.


Right?
__________________
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:55   Link #21920
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
That's my new avatar.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.