AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 06:20   Link #401
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Good point, but that argument is obsolete since it's been told by word of god(or writer's word in this case :P) in vol 3 that Tabane create Houki's 4th gen IS while no one could find her whereabout(the only one knows how to contact her are Houki and Chifuyu). Don't ask me how can she do it, maybe her lab is actually on another dimension or something :P(in 3rd volume, she can disappear in a blink of an eye you know behind Chifuyu). If she can make one, why can't she make more. Heck, even another one with better pilot than Houki(like Chifuyu) might be able to defeat all the other IS since it's been said that Houki's 4th gen IS is much more advanced than other 3rd generation IS(too bad she's bad at piloting IS or she will defeat the other girl easily).

Personally, I really think this Tabane girl is even more crazy than those super robot professor. She create IS during her third grade on high school while wearing bunny ears, unlike those professor who turns fat from all the stress making a giant robot XD. Unless they will explain later how she does what she does, or explain what she is actually, she's kind of god-like in the IS world right now XD.

About the super robot comparison, yea, I was thinking about AI since we know only hot-blooded hero can pilot super robot well, not some fat mad scientist able to create a giant robot without military backing :P

Spoiler for answer to quote:

Last edited by neowind; 2011-02-03 at 06:36.
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 16:57   Link #402
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Does Ran also count as another osana najimi to Ichika?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 22:03   Link #403
cyberdemon

I'm not sure if i read wrong but on BT i read that Chifuyu:

Spoiler for Chifuyu:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 22:52   Link #404
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post

Spoiler for Chifuyu:
...Huh? Where did you find that?
Old 2011-02-03, 23:04   Link #405
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
...Huh? Where did you find that?
Spoiler for Chifuyu:
Old 2011-02-03, 23:07   Link #406
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Actually thats because vol5 is translated by a separate group they know the original group is working on 3 and 4 so they decided to go ahead and work on vol5.

From what i know it takes Ichika 2 volumes to complete his harem. And unlike typical male harem leads who is the subject of the hatred and jealousy of fellow male friends and acquaintances, since this is a female school its actually his harem thats getting all the glares and spite from all the other female classmates, only thing he has to worry about is that his own rather dangerous and psychotic harem.
And in combat Ichika is getting team combos with each individual girls it seems. In vol2 he basically pulls off Rampage Ghost(1st version) with Charlotte. and in vol 3 he gets another combo he does with Houki.
[QUOTE=zephyr325;3433014]1
Spoiler for In a general sense:

I also added somewhat detailed background information (including the contents that are going be covered in Anime soon) trying to explain the reason for each girl's particular personality.

- Houki -
[SPOILER="About Houki"]
She has external appearance of typical yamato nadesico, being a miko and all...
(Her family used to run Shinonono Shrine, and was also leading a unique swordsmanship technique - which is obviously called Shinonono-style sword technique)

So basically her personality is of discipline and temperateness.

But because of she was raised as such, she had hard time socializing with other kids (other boys made fun of her for being boyish) so she had virtually no friends, except for Ichika who thought of her as cute girl and helped her out by chasing those boys away whenever she was being mocked.

She also has some serious emotional problem, not being able to suppress her temper and often resulting to violence.

She learned Kendo for self control, but it doesn't seem effective so far.

For an example, before IS was introduced (when she and Ichika was learning Kendo together) she proposed that she and Ichika go on a date if she won the national Kendo tournament. But right before the day of finals, the world was shocked by the 'White Knight Incident' and the Japanese government issued a special directive to protect Shinonono Tabane and her family, which included Houki as well.

Unlike 'witness protection program,' Shinonono family retained their identity, and that meant heavier security measures such as moving them around almost constantly and regulating outside contact.

For this reason she couldn’t be at the tournament so it was an automatic forfeit, and that's when she began to hate her sister, Tabane, for causing all this - especially ruining her chance to meet Ichika.
All outgoing and incoming contacts was monitored and regulated, so there was no way Ichika - an ordinary boy that time - could contact Houki, and she was unable to contact Ichika either since the Japanese government couldn't risk a nobody like Ichika to obtain information regarding whereabouts of her.

As a result, she begins to put more time in Kendo, which was the only connection she thought she had left with Ichika. But at the same time, Kendo became an outlet for her to vent her frustration - by bashing opponents - which she realized after winning a national tournament. (This is the event mentioned in Anime - a year before their reunion)

While watching the other girl crying for losing at the tournament, she began to think that she might have crushed her - and many other competitor's - dream just so she could vent her anger. She felt self-hatred. She decided that what she had now was not a true strength, but just violence and remembered that Ichika was strong while being true to his ethical integrity, viewing it as a true strength.

With becoming strong like Ichika as her personal goal, she entered IS Academy. Although she succeeded in reuniting with Ichika, she still has that anger control problem.
(Apparently she has quite low aptitude score for an IS pilot, a 'C.' It's very likely that her status being Tabane's sister played a major role in her getting accepted.)

So which chapter did they say talk about Houki's aptitude? And also, did they ever mention Ichika's potential?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 23:15   Link #407
ZeKeR
Superbad

[QUOTE=darthfanta;3470888]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr325 View Post
Spoiler for In a general sense:

I also added somewhat detailed background information (including the contents that are going be covered in Anime soon) trying to explain the reason for each girl's particular personality.

- Houki -
[SPOILER="About Houki"]
She has external appearance of typical yamato nadesico, being a miko and all...
(Her family used to run Shinonono Shrine, and was also leading a unique swordsmanship technique - which is obviously called Shinonono-style sword technique)

So basically her personality is of discipline and temperateness.

But because of she was raised as such, she had hard time socializing with other kids (other boys made fun of her for being boyish) so she had virtually no friends, except for Ichika who thought of her as cute girl and helped her out by chasing those boys away whenever she was being mocked.

She also has some serious emotional problem, not being able to suppress her temper and often resulting to violence.

She learned Kendo for self control, but it doesn't seem effective so far.

For an example, before IS was introduced (when she and Ichika was learning Kendo together) she proposed that she and Ichika go on a date if she won the national Kendo tournament. But right before the day of finals, the world was shocked by the 'White Knight Incident' and the Japanese government issued a special directive to protect Shinonono Tabane and her family, which included Houki as well.

Unlike 'witness protection program,' Shinonono family retained their identity, and that meant heavier security measures such as moving them around almost constantly and regulating outside contact.

For this reason she couldn’t be at the tournament so it was an automatic forfeit, and that's when she began to hate her sister, Tabane, for causing all this - especially ruining her chance to meet Ichika.
All outgoing and incoming contacts was monitored and regulated, so there was no way Ichika - an ordinary boy that time - could contact Houki, and she was unable to contact Ichika either since the Japanese government couldn't risk a nobody like Ichika to obtain information regarding whereabouts of her.

As a result, she begins to put more time in Kendo, which was the only connection she thought she had left with Ichika. But at the same time, Kendo became an outlet for her to vent her frustration - by bashing opponents - which she realized after winning a national tournament. (This is the event mentioned in Anime - a year before their reunion)

While watching the other girl crying for losing at the tournament, she began to think that she might have crushed her - and many other competitor's - dream just so she could vent her anger. She felt self-hatred. She decided that what she had now was not a true strength, but just violence and remembered that Ichika was strong while being true to his ethical integrity, viewing it as a true strength.

With becoming strong like Ichika as her personal goal, she entered IS Academy. Although she succeeded in reuniting with Ichika, she still has that anger control problem.
(Apparently she has quite low aptitude score for an IS pilot, a 'C.' It's very likely that her status being Tabane's sister played a major role in her getting accepted.)

So which chapter did they say talk about Houki's aptitude? And also, did they ever mention Ichika's potential?
ookay... info overload... so THATS why...
Old 2011-02-03, 23:47   Link #408
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

However... I have pointed that out before... perhaps a plot development would be Houki wanting to train her skills so that she isn't "a bother" anymore and because she's tired of being out-classed by everyone.

My hypothesis for why she sucks at ISes might be somewhat related to her hatred to her sister, who is the CREATOR of the Infinite Stratos, so she might feel some sort of disdain while using em...

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2011-02-04, 00:52   Link #409
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Setsura is the name of his gauntlet weapon. He gain it when Byaku shiki reach second shift. He didn't get into coma in the battle against silver gospel, he just enter "absolute defense barrier" mode since he runs out of power. Like I said before, the pilot is supposed to be unconscious in this mode in exchange for the protection, but during this time, Ichika met with what is implied to be Byaku Shiki's consciousness(Ichika describe her as resembling a certain Female White Knight)..
This is just a supposition, but if the consciousness of all IS are females, then perhaps, the reason Ichika can pilot AS is because of something Chifuyu said to Laura before the later fell for Ichika:

Spoiler for Why Ichika can pilot IS:

Please, give me your opinions

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2011-02-04 at 01:07. Reason: grammar mistakes
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 01:31   Link #410
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
This is just a supposition, but if the consciousness of all IS are females, then perhaps, the reason Ichika can pilot AS is because of something Chifuyu said to Laura before the later fell for Ichika:

If it's a joke I can accept it.

I can't consider it as a valid serious reasoning, though.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 02:06   Link #411
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post

Dude I got scarred when I accidently watched a random episode of that Idolmaster mech anime. We defintely do not need a female version....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 03:25   Link #412
neowind

Spoiler for A question about Ran Gotanda:
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 03:47   Link #413
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neowind View Post
Spoiler for A question about Ran Gotanda:
She is apparently going to attend IS academy the next school year or something.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 11:34   Link #414
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
She is apparently going to attend IS academy the next school year or something.
ah a kouhai. Have to have one of those in a harem, it's mandatory lol
Old 2011-02-04, 12:21   Link #415
Maverick05

Quote:
Spoiler for Chifuyu:
Take this with a grain of salt, but I asked the same question 1-2 pages ago and this was the answer:

I think the translation was placed in a wrong context or wording, specially with the wording and verb time.

Actually Ichika is saying/thinking that Chifuyu would have an easier time and not worrying about him when SHE GETS MARRIED or marry with someone who`s well off. Then he goes on about how he feels bitter that her sister is basically "married" to him since she has to take care of him and protect him.

That way it makes the following line easier to understand about how his sister (and sister-in law/wife too) forced him to go to high school instead of dropping out and work.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 12:59   Link #416
NightGale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Take this with a grain of salt, but I asked the same question 1-2 pages ago and this was the answer:

I think the translation was placed in a wrong context or wording, specially with the wording and verb time.

Actually Ichika is saying/thinking that Chifuyu would have an easier time and not worrying about him when SHE GETS MARRIED or marry with someone who`s well off. Then he goes on about how he feels bitter that her sister is basically "married" to him since she has to take care of him and protect him.

That way it makes the following line easier to understand about how his sister (and sister-in law/wife too) forced him to go to high school instead of dropping out and work.
That actually makes quite a bit of sense, seeing as thereīs actually no other mention of Chifuyu being married. I actually though that it was probably a fabricated story that Chifuyu herself made (and staged) to justify her time being away; afterall, he mentions something along the lines of that although they live together she rarely comes home or end ups returning very late...well actually what you said makes more sense and i prefer it to my own proofless reasoning.
NightGale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 16:06   Link #417
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:

Spoiler for Chifuyu:
OK, I just changed it. It's a fairly common error since Chinese doesn't have a time tense, but only adverbs. After all, Teh Ping was translating from Chinese, and I don't think that he's used to it
Old 2011-02-04, 16:57   Link #418
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
If it's a joke I can accept it.

I can't consider it as a valid serious reasoning, though.
Well, considering that the each IS seem to hve consciousness of its own, and given that we are talking about an anime, I'm willing to believe almost anything. However, I admit that it was half a joke, because there is no real explanation so far in the story
Old 2011-02-04, 18:25   Link #419
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
OK, I just changed it. It's a fairly common error since Chinese doesn't have a time tense, but only adverbs. After all, Teh Ping was translating from Chinese, and I don't think that he's used to it
It is ok. It took me an hour to translate from english to spanish a couple of panels from Code Geass:KoN and a day to translate a page of Zero no tsukaima from japanese to spanish.

In fact, I really appreciate BT effort to translate IS, since I know all the work that is required. You are making it free btw, so you have the right to make a lot of errors.

Now, since we are discussing about it, here is my crazy/sad theory of why Ichika can pilot an IS:
Spoiler for Spoiler!!!!:

hope you like it. XD
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 18:51   Link #420
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
It is ok. It took me an hour to translate from english to spanish a couple of panels from Code Geass:KoN and a day to translate a page of Zero no tsukaima from japanese to spanish.

In fact, I really appreciate BT effort to translate IS, since I know all the work that is required. You are making it free btw, so you have the right to make a lot of errors.

Now, since we are discussing about it, here is my crazy/sad theory of why Ichika can pilot an IS:
Spoiler for Spoiler!!!!:

hope you like it. XD
The best way to confirm that would be that ichika rode a IS different from the one he got into by accident, and different from Byakushiki. If Ichika can't make it move, then it means that the core for those two IS were created by Tabane for the purpose you are saying

Another pssible way would be if in the story the "spirits" of the other IS were introduced

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen