AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-02, 14:13   Link #1201
ForteAnly
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 日本
I haven't looked at the spoilers yet just but it sounds very good. I'm glad Mikan got some screen time along with more momo goodness.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 14:23   Link #1202
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteAnly View Post
I haven't looked at the spoilers yet just but it sounds very good. I'm glad Mikan got some screen time along with more momo goodness.
I'm actually a bit concerned about Momo's 'service' scenes. I don't really want them to happen in almost every chapter like they have been early on. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Momo to bits, but there's only so much they can do until it becomes repetitive IMO. Space it out a bit. I'm sure they will at one point, but I don't want Yabuki to think that Darkness needs that every chapter.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 15:35   Link #1203
Soraya21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I'm actually a bit concerned about Momo's 'service' scenes. I don't really want them to happen in almost every chapter like they have been early on. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Momo to bits, but there's only so much they can do until it becomes repetitive IMO. Space it out a bit. I'm sure they will at one point, but I don't want Yabuki to think that Darkness needs that every chapter.
True that. And we probably don't even have to worry about this issue, the creators seeming to already know that since the last service scene from Momo was technically back in chap. 2.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:08   Link #1204
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I'm actually a bit concerned about Momo's 'service' scenes. I don't really want them to happen in almost every chapter like they have been early on. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Momo to bits, but there's only so much they can do until it becomes repetitive IMO. Space it out a bit. I'm sure they will at one point, but I don't want Yabuki to think that Darkness needs that every chapter.
seeing how it seems sales are insane and it is getting like color spreads every time it releases I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue like this though

I mean whats an author to think if when he is doing this and sales are insane? obviously he will continue it.

sadly many authors are like that. they do too much of what fans want and not do what they should do or had planned from start.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:27   Link #1205
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
seeing how it seems sales are insane and it is getting like color spreads every time it releases I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue like this though

I mean whats an author to think if when he is doing this and sales are insane? obviously he will continue it.

sadly many authors are like that. they do too much of what fans want and not do what they should do or had planned from start.
Don't get me wrong, I love those scenes. It's just that I think doing too much of them will dull the reaction fans have. Part of the early appeal for Darkness has been Momo's "OMG, I can't believe she actually did that. She's so awesome!!" moments. Spacing them out a bit would preserve that effect. If they do it too frequently, then people will just get used to it.

So yeah, that's basically what I'm worried about.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:34   Link #1206
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love those scenes. It's just that I think doing too much of them will dull the reaction fans have. Part of the early appeal for Darkness has been Momo's "OMG, I can't believe she actually did that. She's so awesome!!" moments. Spacing them out a bit would preserve that effect. If they do it too frequently, then people will just get used to it.

So yeah, that's basically what I'm worried about.
hey i have same worries as you.

I was just saying that i'm even mored worried based on the apparent success of the series right now. I mean its doing amazing, and for an author that had a series get canned already, what is he to suspect as to why the success is so great?

He's going to want to keep doing hwat is making it so popular right now. What is it that is making it so popular? comedy? plot? extreme fanservice? who knows. And I wonder what the author will think is doing it and do more of that.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:44   Link #1207
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Are sales numbers out for Darkness volume 1?

I agree though, TLR always puts up insanely high tank sales. It may have been at the bottom of the ToC, but it was outselling upper-mid series. I think it's the envelope pushing fanservice that TLR features.

I agree that Yabuki has to ride whatever's hot right now. I'm just hoping he doesn't rely on it too much. He needs to utilize Yui and Lala more fanservice wise. Both have killer bodies and would freshen things up.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:59   Link #1208
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Are sales numbers out for Darkness volume 1?
Volume 1 comes out next month.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: JoJo, Barakamon, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip, Ilya
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2


Last edited by Freeter; 2011-02-03 at 03:09.
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 19:04   Link #1209
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Volume 1 comes out next month.
Ah, my bad. I saw the cover a while ago and assumed it was coming a bit sooner than that.

I'm interested to see how it does.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 20:12   Link #1210
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Are sales numbers out for Darkness volume 1?

I agree though, TLR always puts up insanely high tank sales. It may have been at the bottom of the ToC, but it was outselling upper-mid series. I think it's the envelope pushing fanservice that TLR features.

I agree that Yabuki has to ride whatever's hot right now. I'm just hoping he doesn't rely on it too much. He needs to utilize Yui and Lala more fanservice wise. Both have killer bodies and would freshen things up.
The plot itself is a good seller, but I want to see more Mikan. (or some Mikan/Yami/Rito threesome)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 03:24   Link #1211
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Raw is out.

Spoiler for 05:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: JoJo, Barakamon, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip, Ilya
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 04:11   Link #1212
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Holy Hell... Yami this episode... HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHH...!
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 04:46   Link #1213
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
What did they do to my Mikan? Rito better man up and save your imouto and have a threesome with Yami.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 05:42   Link #1214
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Nice chapter Mikan having a Dere moment and seeing Yami starting to open up to Rito was nice to see.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:29   Link #1215
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
I have no words to describe how much I loved this chapter. This is actually what I had hoped to see.

Spoiler for chapter 5:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Nice chapter Mikan having a Dere moment and seeing Yami starting to open up to Rito was nice to see.
Yeah. She's also becoming more and more human. She even JOKED in this chapter.
__________________
Mikan & Yami

Last edited by Kanon; 2011-02-03 at 07:39.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:41   Link #1216
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
YAMI!!! MOE OVERLOAD

my god every chapter keeps getting better.. story and visually
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 11:01   Link #1217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Godly colorings for last month's chapter just came out as well. Check danbooru or orenoimouto.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:41   Link #1218
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I'm wondering who's this Nemesis that Agenda of Cruelty mentioned.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 18:58   Link #1219
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Oh boi as a Yui lover..... kotegawa san kawaiiii ne? I mean really... the coloring makes that scene like 100x more dirtier. I really feel like a old man but I swear the mangaka has heard the cries of us Kotegawa fans, because her tsun has been great but the dere??? how can you top that.... 'i'll do echhi things with you as long you only do it with me'???? OMFG, this chapter had some good nana and momo moments but the overall focus on yami was meh, unless your like yami waifu hoarder, still interesting, not really sure where this will go, but the 'developments' at the moment are so much better than the watered down crap that was released in jump.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 23:12   Link #1220
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for nsfw/cover:
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.